PDA

View Full Version : Lebron = MVP

turiaf for president
03-29-2009, 08:28 PM
i cant lie. i must admit, i wanted kobe to repeat as the MVP. some laker fans on here say they dont care and what not, and they might be telling the truth. But i think they are lying if they said they truly didnt care, and wouldnt want to see kobe repeat.

that being said, lebron has had one of the craziest statistical seasons in NBA history, he elevated his D and improved his jumper in the offseason, and most importantly (in MVP races in recent times), led his team to the best record in the league. congrats to lebron and hopefully we will see a lakers v cavs finals (although I know most on here would disagree on the lakers part =D)

Flo-Rida
03-29-2009, 08:31 PM
yup

iggypop123
03-29-2009, 08:50 PM
lebron will win we all know this. having the best record in the league would have been a good argument for kobe but that wont happen, now the question is whether wade will finish ahead of kobe, if that happens now thats pathetic and all those voters should be shot

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
03-29-2009, 08:52 PM
yeah. Kobe has fallen from the MVP radar. Its going to take a miracle for him to win it. Whosever team finishes at the top overall is going to win it. I don't think wade needs to be in that talk. Why should he rewarded if his team doesn't even have a good record. Yes he's putting crazy numbers, but so was Kobe not that long ago and he didn't win the MVP. That 81 point performance obviously wasn't that important for the people that do the voting, maybe for some it was but they looked at the big picture. I expect the same this season.

Thunder Dan
03-30-2009, 08:53 AM
Kobe is showing his age by getting sick. MVP's don't show that kind of sickness, and old men are the only ones who have the flu for a whole week

Allanon
03-30-2009, 09:01 AM
LeBron is easily going to win the MVP this year. The Cavs have been a superb regular season team this year.

But Kobe will get the Finals MVP.

Fair enough.

pauls931
03-30-2009, 09:13 AM
Lebron, no team is more dependant on one player than the Cavs, let alone one player so good that he can take a team of role players to the best record in the league.. If he goes down that team is in the lottery. If Kobe goes down, I think the lakers are still good enough to limp into the playoffs.

Notice when he went down the other night just about everyone in the stands came down to the court to see if he's ok. He's that valuable.

Thunder Dan
03-30-2009, 09:44 AM
Lebron, no team is more dependant on one player than the Cavs, let alone one player so good that he can take a team of role players to the best record in the league.. If he goes down that team is in the lottery. If Kobe goes down, I think the lakers are still good enough to limp into the playoffs.

Notice when he went down the other night just about everyone in the stands came down to the court to see if he's ok. He's that valuable.

I don't think the Cavs are a lottery team with a great player anymore. Would they be a top 3 team? hell no, but they could be the 8th seed in the East. They play defense every night which is a team thing, and Mo Williams and Z give them enough to score enough to atleast go .450. They wouldn't be a lottery team without James. I mean they do have some talent. Mo Williams can go for 25 a night as it is, without James he could give you more and Z is a big enough threat inside. I just don't think they are THAT bad. Yes it changes everything, but they would still be better than the Bobcats or Bucks

As for going down, I'm sure LA would do the same thing for Kobe and I bet you think the Lakers are still a top team without Kobe. Thats what happens when your star player goes down, everyone gets nervous.

pauls931
03-30-2009, 09:56 AM
I don't think the Cavs are a lottery team with a great player anymore. Would they be a top 3 team? hell no, but they could be the 8th seed in the East. They play defense every night which is a team thing, and Mo Williams and Z give them enough to score enough to atleast go .450. They wouldn't be a lottery team without James. I mean they do have some talent. Mo Williams can go for 25 a night as it is, without James he could give you more and Z is a big enough threat inside. I just don't think they are THAT bad. Yes it changes everything, but they would still be better than the Bobcats or Bucks

As for going down, I'm sure LA would do the same thing for Kobe and I bet you think the Lakers are still a top team without Kobe. Thats what happens when your star player goes down, everyone gets nervous.

I guess if limping into the playoffs means a top team, then yes. I think the lakers would barely make it without kobe. But you're right, I forgot that the bottom of the east is very soft so maybe the cavs could make it without lebron.

Thunder Dan
03-30-2009, 10:01 AM
I guess if limping into the playoffs means a top team, then yes. I think the lakers would barely make it without kobe. But you're right, I forgot that the bottom of the east is very soft so maybe the cavs could make it without lebron.

you just made it sound like Cleveland is an exception for getting very quit and worrisome when Lebron went down- I mean any team would be that way if their star was laying on the floor. The Cavs and their fans know that their sucess depends on Lebron, but the same could be said for any team and their star. Hell, even the Celtics wouldn't be that good without KG or Peirce, the Lakers wouldn't be great without Kobe, and we see the Spurs without Manu and have seen them without Duncan this year...

turiaf for president
03-30-2009, 10:05 AM
Kobe is showing his age by getting sick. MVP's don't show that kind of sickness, and old men are the only ones who have the flu for a whole week

one thing u cant question about kobe is his toughness. i think the biggest kobe critics will admit hes probably the toughest guy in the league in terms of playing with pain

Thunder Dan
03-30-2009, 10:08 AM
one thing u cant question about kobe is his toughness. i think the biggest kobe critics will admit hes probably the toughest guy in the league in terms of playing with pain

actually, that is the one thing I question most about Kobe. So you are wrong in saying the one thing I can't question is his toughness, because I personally question that the most

lefty
03-30-2009, 10:19 AM
Lebron is the 2009 NBA MVP

But Lakers will beat them in the FInals

Cry Havoc
03-30-2009, 10:47 AM

Quitting in the finals = toughness?

LEONARD
03-30-2009, 11:07 AM
MVP = Most VALUABLE Player...LeBron probably is the most VALUABLE player to his team. The Lakers would still be pretty good without Kobe. The Cavs would suck balls.

Doesn't matter if the Lakers will beat the Cavs in a series...MVP is a regular season award and it's not the "Best player on the best team" award...

stretch
03-30-2009, 11:25 AM
Quitting in the finals = toughness?

:lol

Mental Toughness >>> Physical Toughness

Blake
03-30-2009, 11:28 AM

are you serious?

you have some of the stupidest posts on this board.

Kobe is 30.

Blake
03-30-2009, 11:33 AM
Kobe is an outstanding top 10-15 player right now that may go down as top 5 of all time.

Lebron is a sick freak of nature that has the potential to go down as the GOAT.

As for this year, based on Cleveland's record and the cast around LBJ compared with Kobe's cast, I don't think there is any doubt that James is the clear cut favorite.

DrHouse
03-30-2009, 11:38 AM
The problem I see with the Cavs is that they still lack real talent outside of Lebron and Mo Williams.

They play hard every night because they HAVE to in order to win games. They can't afford to coast like the Lakers, Spurs, and even Celtics can. When the playoffs roll around teams will start to ratchet up the intensity to match what the Cavs bring every single night.

If Boston can stay healthy they have got to be the favorites to win the East IMHO, with or without HCA.

stretch
03-30-2009, 11:44 AM
are you serious?

you have some of the stupidest posts on this board.

Kobe is 30.

lol, blake taking people too seriously again

stretch
03-30-2009, 11:50 AM
The problem I see with the Cavs is that they still lack real talent outside of Lebron and Mo Williams.

They play hard every night because they HAVE to in order to win games. They can't afford to coast like the Lakers, Spurs, and even Celtics can. When the playoffs roll around teams will start to ratchet up the intensity to match what the Cavs bring every single night.

If Boston can stay healthy they have got to be the favorites to win the East IMHO, with or without HCA.

Are you retarded? What does coasting have to do with anything? Better yet, who the hell coasts in the playoffs? If you plan on coasting in the playoffs, then ou are not going to last very long at all. In the playoffs you must bring it every night. And do say that the Cavs bring it all every night, while the Lakers, Spurs and Celtics dont, is stupid as hell. The Cavs have the biggest winning margin in the league. They have coasted just as much as anyone, because their defense shuts teams down, where-as the Lakers try to outscore teams. The Cavs may not be as good on offense, but they are WAYYYYYYYYY better defensively than the Lakers, and in the playoffs, defense and rebounding is what wins series.

Laker fans are just hilarious with how obsessed they are with the Cavs and Lebron.

Blake
03-30-2009, 11:51 AM
lol, blake taking people too seriously again

that's why I was asking if he's serious.

but trust me, I don't take anything you say seriously any more. You're an idiot.

lol, bo jackson on steroids.

Blake
03-30-2009, 12:01 PM
Are you retarded?

lol, stretch gump calling someone else retarded.

TheMACHINE
03-30-2009, 12:02 PM
I have no doubt that Lebron will get MVP...he deserves it.

SpursDynasty
03-30-2009, 12:05 PM
LeBron has shot 50% or better from the field only 13 times in 32 games vs. teams with winning records.

That's not an MVP, that's a ballhog who shoots the ball so much that they're bound to make clutch plays vs. bad teams.

JoeTait75
03-30-2009, 12:14 PM
They play hard every night because they HAVE to in order to win games.

You say that as if it's a bad thing, Gregory.

When the playoffs roll around teams will start to ratchet up the intensity to match what the Cavs bring every single night.

That's what people said about the Celtics last year.

Bukefal
03-30-2009, 12:18 PM
Agreed, he is the MVP, period. Kobe does not have MVP potential this time.

JamStone
03-30-2009, 12:21 PM
LeBron absolutely deserves it this season.

LEONARD
03-30-2009, 12:27 PM
LeBron has shot 50% or better from the field only 13 times in 32 games vs. teams with winning records.

That's not an MVP, that's a ballhog who shoots the ball so much that they're bound to make clutch plays vs. bad teams.

So he doesn't win the "Shoots 50% or better from the field in games vs. teams with winning records the most" award...fucking moron.

A ballhog that averages 7.5 assists per game...makes sense.

Takes 20 shots a game...2 less than last season, and 2 less than YOUR MVP Wade, and 1.5 less than Kobe.

What else ya got, dumbfuck??

stretch
03-30-2009, 02:09 PM
that's why I was asking if he's serious.

but trust me, I don't take anything you say seriously any more. You're an idiot.

lol, bo jackson on steroids.

lol, stretch gump calling someone else retarded.

lol, tech

Blake
03-30-2009, 04:24 PM
lol, tech

:toast

lol, 39-33

stretch
03-30-2009, 04:28 PM
:toast

lol, 39-33

lol, 4>0

4 NCs faggot!

SpursDynasty
03-30-2009, 04:28 PM
So he doesn't win the "Shoots 50% or better from the field in games vs. teams with winning records the most" award...fucking moron.

A ballhog that averages 7.5 assists per game...makes sense.

Takes 20 shots a game...2 less than last season, and 2 less than YOUR MVP Wade, and 1.5 less than Kobe.

What else ya got, dumbfuck??

He only has the ball that many times, that he is able to average so many assists AND points. That's a ballhog to me. He's less than impressive against winning teams (playoff teams) and that will be exposed in the postseason. He'll win MVP and go home in the ECF's. You shoot 14-for-45 against the Lakers and you're a joke. Sorry LeBron.

Blake
03-30-2009, 04:42 PM
lol, 4>0

4 NCs faggot!

lol, blake gideon
lol, crabtree
lol, 39-33
lol, butthurt

fevertrees
03-30-2009, 04:51 PM
It's a shame Lebron is a money hungry attention whore who will screw over Cavs fans in the long run!

TheMACHINE
03-30-2009, 04:58 PM
It's a shame Lebron is a money hungry attention whore who will screw over Cavs fans in the long run!

what you talking about..Lebron is staying a Cav for life

stretch
03-30-2009, 06:10 PM
lol, blake gideon
lol, crabtree
lol, 39-33
lol, butthurt

4 NC's faggot

damn this feels good. now i know why spurs and laker fags do it so much.

LEONARD
03-30-2009, 06:12 PM
He only has the ball that many times, that he is able to average so many assists AND points. That's a ballhog to me.

http://www.lolsfest.com/images/031808/lightningbottle.jpg

Blake
03-31-2009, 01:15 AM
damn this feels good to bent over. now i know why spurs and laker fags do it so much.

lol, obsessed
lol, 39-33
lol, loser

turiaf for president
03-31-2009, 12:07 PM
actually, that is the one thing I question most about Kobe. So you are wrong in saying the one thing I can't question is his toughness, because I personally question that the most

then you are seriously retarded. sprained ankle, dislocated finger, dislocated shoulder.......just 3 of the recent injuries kobe has played through.