PDA

View Full Version : Metallica meets Beatles

Clandestino
03-15-2005, 02:41 PM
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4533853

too funny!

Duff McCartney
03-15-2005, 02:52 PM
Anytime you get support from Lars Ulrich....you might as well just shoot yourself. That guy is a fool.

exstatic
03-15-2005, 03:16 PM
It's funny that Lars had SUCH a shit fit about the original Napster and file sharing, but seems to have no problem with this. Pretty much because of that, Metallica is irrelavant to today's music.

T Park
03-15-2005, 03:27 PM
original Napster and file sharing

uh yeah, cause people were stealing there music.

Explain to me how it was ok to do that.

Shelly
03-15-2005, 03:41 PM
Lars is a tool.

Have you never borrowed an album, cassette, 8-track, and/or cd from a friend and made a copy instead of buying an original?

Duff McCartney
03-15-2005, 03:41 PM
The only thing Lars Ulrich and Metallica care about is making money..that's why alot of their fans abandoned them. Most of the people who they did kick off of Napster were fans of Metallica.

Ballcox
03-15-2005, 05:19 PM
They had a great 4 record run, Kill'em All, Ride the Lightening, Master of Puppets and And Justice For All. That set of four records is some of the best heavy metal ever, period. Then they release the black record and want to start putting out radio 'friendly' power balads, bad fucking idea, very bad. Everything goes down hill from that point on.

respect the 'fro :fro

exstatic
03-15-2005, 05:22 PM
uh yeah, cause people were stealing there music.

Explain to me how it was ok to do that.

Other than top acts like Metallica, most musicians don't make shit off of sales of their music, they make it from going on tour. The fat asses at the record company make it for basicly doing nothing. If I were a up and coming young artist, I would pimp the crap out of my music on the web, GIVE it away, and book a tour. If the money is just going to go to Sony or Bertelsman or DeathRow, and not wind up in my pocket, then screw them. The kids can have it for free, and they'll love me for it, and come to my shows.

The business model for a parasite like a record company is as valid in today's world as the skeleton of a Triceratops. You don't need someone to do development and PR for you, you can do it yourself on the www.

Duff McCartney
03-15-2005, 05:29 PM
They had a great 4 record run, Kill'em All, Ride the Lightening, Master of Puppets and And Justice For All. That set of four records is some of the best heavy metal ever, period. Then they release the black record and want to start putting out radio 'friendly' power balads, bad fucking idea, very bad. Everything goes down hill from that point on.

respect the 'fro :fro

Black album is the best Metallica album I think...because they expanded their sound sonically. It's so different and totally out of left field which I like.

KEDA
03-15-2005, 05:57 PM
I sold ALL of my metallica albums back to CD Exchange when I found out metallica was the main group responsible for shutting it down. I used to be a HUGE fan, now I could care less what happens to them.