PDA

View Full Version : stubborn coaching

dbestpro
03-29-2009, 09:03 PM
As long as Pop remains stubborn with Mason as the back up point and Udoka ahead of Bowen we are not going to be where we need to be.

DMX7
03-29-2009, 09:12 PM
How else is it going to be, G. Hill? HAHAHA

Spurs Brazil
03-29-2009, 09:13 PM
Ime played some good games with Manu out.

Tell me ONE good game Mason played at PG

SpursFan0728
03-29-2009, 09:14 PM
Udoka has been playing better than Bowen for the past stretch.

But for Mason playing the point..

Mal
03-29-2009, 09:15 PM

sorry, but can`t:bang

DMX7
03-29-2009, 09:15 PM
Ime played some good games with Manu out.

lol, I was just kidding. We should have drafted someone else and played him at PG.

redskinfan
03-29-2009, 09:17 PM
How else is it going to be, G. Hill? HAHAHA

Yes,Things were rolling when Hill was primary back up and Mason was able to do his thing and now Spurs are just discombobulated when Parker is out of gam
e.

ClingingMars
03-29-2009, 09:20 PM
BRING BOWEN OFF THE BENCH FOR DEFENSE

goddamnit pop

Road Warrior
03-29-2009, 09:22 PM
If George Hill isn't gonna be the back-up point guard then why not let Manu run it when Tony is out? I love Roger but the guy just isn't a point guard. I mean seriously I don't think anybody would feel comfortable with Roger running the point in a BIG playoff game.

I Love Me Some Me
03-29-2009, 09:27 PM
Maybe if ANYONE could hit a wide open jumper, this game looks a little different right now.

MaNu4Tres
03-29-2009, 09:42 PM
I dont think Mason at back up pg is as big of a deal as some of y'all claim. When he's on the court with manu. Manu will essentially be the point guard being the creator. Mason will just bring the ball up woopy doo. I think Drew needs more time. And Bowen needs to see the floor instead of Udoka.

Death In June
03-29-2009, 09:51 PM
G Hill is miles ahead of Mason at PG. That's no testament to hill, but says a lot about how bad it's been lately with Mase.

TDMVPDPOY
03-29-2009, 09:53 PM
there was a play GHILL wouldve blocked the layup CP3 had when TP fouled him hard, dude gets bailed out all the time, i hate this shit....

Borosai
03-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Mason sucks at PG. I'd rather see Hill, or Vaughn if Pop doesn't want to play the rookie he drafted to play backup PG. It could be worse: the Spurs won a championship with Vaughn playing backup PG, and Manu handles the ball quite a bit too. Mason should just catch and shoot and knock down game-winners.

Spurminator
03-29-2009, 10:01 PM
Would have been nice to have a lock-down defender who can hit open 3's out there. Wish we had someone like that to bring off the bench.

exstatic
03-29-2009, 10:06 PM
Maybe if ANYONE could hit a wide open jumper, this game looks a little different right now.

Right. We didn't lose this game because Mason was the backup PG or Pop screwed up or the refs missed a foul before the 3 shot one (they did, a jersey grab by Tony that would have been 2 and the ball for NO if they had called it). We lost the game because we shot 7-29 from downtown, and they shot 32-33 for the FT line. How many times is that going to happen?

Jace
03-29-2009, 10:14 PM
I'd like to see Hill used more on defense, he seems to do a much better job covering Chris Paul than Parker

tmtcsc
03-29-2009, 10:16 PM
Mason is NOT a PG. He is a waste if he's handling the ball. just a big turnover machine.

Creation88
03-29-2009, 10:17 PM
Mason can't penetrate or get the ball effectively to someone else. he absolutely sucks as PG.

lefty
03-29-2009, 10:18 PM
CIA Pop :hat

bigkevrocks31
03-29-2009, 10:18 PM
I Agree
We Need Bruce To START
He Would have been great on CP3

Creation88
03-29-2009, 10:19 PM
throw in Pop's man affair with Finley. FUCK that.

lefty
03-29-2009, 10:20 PM
I Agree
We Need Bruce To START
He Would have been great on CP3

CIA Pop

Expect CP3 to get owned in the playoffs by Bruuuuuuuuuuce

Hooks
03-29-2009, 10:21 PM
I'm not understanding Pop, why didn't he play Bowen? He's still our best defender, better that Udoka. It's not like Udoka was lighting it up either, he only had 2 points and missed wide open shots. Bonner is only good when he's popping 3's, his defense is good sometimes but he can't rebound for crap. Mason wasn't playing well at all, again he could've inserted Bowen. We had enough offensive weapons on the floor and not enough defense.

bigkevrocks31
03-29-2009, 10:22 PM
Pop Needs to stop his CIA Shit and start focusing that we need to keep our #2 seed

mexicanjunior
03-29-2009, 10:23 PM
CIA Pop

Expect CP3 to get owned in the playoffs by Bruuuuuuuuuuce

I would be shocked if Bowen got more than spot duty come playoff time. Pop seems to have fallen in love with Udoka the same way he currently loves Finley. I wish we had Chalmers to play backup point...

Ice009
03-29-2009, 10:25 PM
I dont think Mason at back up pg is as big of a deal as some of y'all claim. When he's on the court with manu. Manu will essentially be the point guard being the creator. Mason will just bring the ball up woopy doo. I think Drew needs more time. And Bowen needs to see the floor instead of Udoka.

How does Mason Jr get more court time than Gooden? Pop doesn't trust him, but he trusts a player like Mason Jr that has not done jack shit in the playoffs.

Drew Gooden has played in big games in the playoffs and made it to the finals. He knows what the playoffs are all about.

Give Gooden some fucking court time.

Matt Bonner is also someone who has never been anywhere in the playoffs as anything other than a bench warmer.

lefty
03-29-2009, 10:27 PM
Pop Needs to stop his CIA Shit and start focusing that we need to keep our #2 seed

I agree

Even Phil Jackson doesn't go CIA anymore, because he has realized the reality of homecooking during the playoffs, so it's important to have HCA

Ice009
Would have been nice to have a lock-down defender who can hit open 3's out there. Wish we had someone like that to bring off the bench.

ALl those open three misses in the corners I was thinking They're Bruce's shots.

SenorSpur
This stubborn decision of Pop to have Mason as the backup PG has to be one of the most puzzling ones of his coaching era. There are absolutely no deeming benefits from it at all. Why he continues with it is beyond anyone's comprehension.

bigkevrocks31
03-29-2009, 10:29 PM
I agree

Even Phil Jackson doesn't go CIA anymore, because he has realized the reality of homecooking during the playoffs, so it's important to have HCA

Thank You! yes exactly we need the #2 seed, does pop remember what happened last year when we went to NO for games 1& 2? or in LA Games 1-2? HOMECOURT!!!

Ice009
03-29-2009, 10:31 PM
This stubborn decision of Pop to have Mason as the backup PG has to be one of the most puzzling ones of his coaching era. There are absolutely no deeming benefits from it at all. Why he continues with it is beyond anyone's comprehension.

Did you guys watch the game?

If you didn't you're not going to like this. During the game one of the commentators said Pop told him he is going to stick with Mason Jr at back up PG for the rest of the season.

How do you like that shit?

bigkevrocks31
03-29-2009, 10:32 PM

If you didn't you're not going to like this. During the game one of the commentators said Pop told him he is going to stick with Mason Jr at back up PG for the rest of the season.

Where you watching ESPN or FSSW?

SouthTexasRancher
03-29-2009, 10:34 PM
As long as Pop remains stubborn with Mason as the back up point and Udoka ahead of Bowen we are not going to be where we need to be.

This is Pop's worst year of coaching. He seems to have his head in the sand 71.34216452113% of the time. The rest of the time he has it up his ass. Pop, shave that goofy gray beard and get some Biden plugs and we won't lose another game this season, meaning we'll go 16-0 in the playoffs. Wait, I'm confused. I mean the Cavs will go 16-0 this playoff season.

Tell me one thing, Pop...why do we always lose when the Lakers lose? Something real strange going on. Do the same UFO's that land in my pastures land in your backyard? Could be we are in the midst of a conspiracy among us!

bigkevrocks31
03-29-2009, 10:39 PM
Pop Needs to quit the fucking gay love wityh finley and ime
Start bruce, and kurt.
get drew and fin as back ups
Shit!

SenorSpur
03-29-2009, 10:45 PM

Based on what? Exactly what evidence does Pop have that this experiment is going even remotely well. Mason is terrible at getting to the rack and setting up others in the offense.

Incidentally, I watched the ESPN telecast, so I didn't hear this.

SouthTexasRancher
03-29-2009, 11:05 PM
Pop can be a really hardheaded ASS. This is his worst year of coaching period. He has gone senile on us.

Hey Pop, quit while you're ahead. Trade this don't give a shit Spurs team to Cleveland for the Cavs....from GM to coach to assistant coaches to players...even trade. You need to spend some time in ice cold weather and come back to your senses.

WTF is this Mason as PG crap? Mason can only do one thing and that is catch and shoot. He should be coming off the bench towards the end of quarters and STOP starting Bonner. Damn, he is NOT a starter. Start Thomas or Gooden. And send Fin & Fab to the old folks home!

Ice009
03-29-2009, 11:17 PM
Based on what? Exactly what evidence does Pop have that this experiment is going even remotely well. Mason is terrible at getting to the rack and setting up others in the offense.

Incidentally, I watched the ESPN telecast, so I didn't hear this.

I don't know how you didn't hear it. I watched it on the International League Pass Broadband and they had the ESPN feed.

Also, they didn't give a reason.

bigkevrocks31
03-29-2009, 11:24 PM
ugh
wtf? u get hill n not play him?1?1?