PDA

View Full Version : What are the Spurs doing?

SequSpur
03-29-2009, 09:21 PM
How do you rest all of your starters at the same time and give up a 9 to 0 run and give all the momentum to the Hornets?

This is pretty much a must win game, of course it's not a playoff elimination game but very important in the standings.

Mason at point guard? :pctoss

Bonner vs. Wright? :pctoss

Crocodile Dundee vs. Duncan? :pctoss

Finley with the green light? :pctoss

WTF?

Popovich is a damn turd.

SouthTexasRancher
03-29-2009, 10:05 PM
How do you rest all of your starters at the same time and give up a 9 to 0 run and give all the momentum to the Hornets?

This is pretty much a must win game, of course it's not a playoff elimination game but very important in the standings.

Mason at point guard? :pctoss

Bonner vs. Wright? :pctoss

Crocodile Dundee vs. Duncan? :pctoss

Finley with the green light? :pctoss

WTF?

Popovich is a damn turd.

It is going to be a fun NBA Finals watching the Finals matchup between LeBron & Kobe. I think LJ is going to get his ring this year. This Spurs team is the worst of the Duncan era. Not enough athletic guys, not enough shooters who can make a damn basket, and Pop has the chemistry all screwed up. Mason and Bonner have no business starting and wouldn't even be close to starting on any other playoff team. Finley has one foot in the old folks home, as does Fab.

We can sometimes beat the bottom feeders but, when we play a contender we get our asses kicked royally. Either Pop wants to win it in what will most likely be Timmy's last chance or he doesn't. We are definitely seeing the changing of the guard with teams like the Spurs, Mavs, Suns and Pistons falling down on our butts as true contenders. There are new kids on the block and every team has us figured out. We might as well drop down to #8 and go ahead and let the Lakers take us out in 4 straight so as to put us out of our misery. In fact the Spurs are pretty much the worst team of the Western Conference playoff teams other than possibly the Mavs. I don't know of one team we can beat unless we play the Wizards, Kings or Clippers and of course, they won't see the playoffs for 10 years.

Yuixafun
03-30-2009, 11:49 AM
They have built a team on stellar D, have one of the top players in the game, been deep in the playoffs before... and the Cav's are having a blast playing together too.

Would be reassuring to see that sort of camaradrie on the Spurs on a consistent basis.

2Cleva
03-30-2009, 11:54 AM
Its not that bad for SA. Yes, it may be an end of an era but the past 9 years have been the pinacle of an NBA franchise. The Spurs are right there with the Bulls for rising up and taking an era.

The ride may be over but that doesn't mean it was a bad ride.

crc21209
03-30-2009, 11:56 AM
Its not that bad for SA. Yes, it may be an end of an era but the past 9 years have been the pinacle of an NBA franchise. The Spurs are right there with the Bulls for rising up and taking an era.

The ride may be over but that doesn't mean it was a bad ride.

:rolleyes Premature ejaculation thread.

lefty
03-30-2009, 11:59 AM
I thought you would be out for a long time

You're pulling a " Lefty " ? :lol

Yuixafun
03-30-2009, 12:10 PM
Tim Duncan & co win one more ring.

Horse
03-30-2009, 12:47 PM
It is going to be a fun NBA Finals watching the Finals matchup between LeBron & Kobe. I think LJ is going to get his ring this year. This Spurs team is the worst of the Duncan era. Not enough athletic guys, not enough shooters who can make a damn basket, and Pop has the chemistry all screwed up. Mason and Bonner have no business starting and wouldn't even be close to starting on any other playoff team. Finley has one foot in the old folks home, as does Fab.

We can sometimes beat the bottom feeders but, when we play a contender we get our asses kicked royally. Either Pop wants to win it in what will most likely be Timmy's last chance or he doesn't. We are definitely seeing the changing of the guard with teams like the Spurs, Mavs, Suns and Pistons falling down on our butts as true contenders. There are new kids on the block and every team has us figured out. We might as well drop down to #8 and go ahead and let the Lakers take us out in 4 straight so as to put us out of our misery. In fact the Spurs are pretty much the worst team of the Western Conference playoff teams other than possibly the Mavs. I don't know of one team we can beat unless we play the Wizards, Kings or Clippers and of course, they won't see the playoffs for 10 years.
O.k. western conference finals last year healthy Manu we win, Probly beat the celtics. We have the 2 seed this year and everyone is finally healthy. Yeah I hope Pop figures out the rotation soon. But besides that what the fuck are you talking about?

TampaDude
03-30-2009, 02:10 PM
O.k. western conference finals last year healthy Manu we win, Probly beat the celtics. We have the 2 seed this year and everyone is finally healthy. Yeah I hope Pop figures out the rotation soon. But besides that what the fuck are you talking about?

I think we could have beaten the Lakers in the WCF, especially if we hadn't blown that 20-point lead in Game 1. I don't think, however, we would have beaten the Celtics. It was their year. They were just too good...nobody was gonna take 4 of 7 from Boston with them having HCA.

LakeShow
03-30-2009, 02:21 PM
The Spurs have no identity! What kind of team are they? The Spurs in the past left no doubt that they were a defensive team and committed to it. That is not the case today. It's kind of late to be trying to figure out who you are with the playoffs right around the corner. If i were a spurs fan i would be very concerned right now in fear of an early exit in the playoffs.

TampaDude
03-30-2009, 03:09 PM
The Spurs have no identity! What kind of team are they? The Spurs in the past left no doubt that they were a defensive team and committed to it. That is not the case today. It's kind of late to be trying to figure out who you are with the playoffs right around the corner. If i were a spurs fan i would be very concerned right now in fear of an early exit in the playoffs.

Agreed. :toast

Mal
03-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Mason at PG is killing this team.... He is great shooter, clutch shooter, shooter ! Not a dribbler, not a passer. Give him room to shot and thats all

crc21209
03-30-2009, 04:01 PM

Calm down there Fakers fan. The Spurs still are one of the best defensive teams in the league do you not watch tv or something? Only difference is this year they are better offensively statistically than in the past. I guarantee come playoff time you will see more of Bowen and Kurt Thomas out there for Defense and less Bonner.

J.T.
03-30-2009, 04:58 PM
Part of me thinks that Pop is sandbagging the season and then go CIA on the whole league come April.

Death In June
03-30-2009, 06:41 PM
This CIA pop excuse is getting retarded. It's become a punchline now.

Duncan2177
03-30-2009, 06:48 PM
Part of me thinks that Pop is sandbagging the season and then go CIA on the whole league come April.

Pop needs to get his head out of his ass and stick to a strong rotation that works like giving Bowen and Gooden more minutes on the floor dammit.:ihit