PDA

View Full Version : The Refs Sucked - No doubt, BUT

MannyIsGod
03-29-2009, 09:52 PM
Thats not why the Spurs lost the game. The Spurs just aren't that good right now. Facing a shorthanded Hornets team they should have had this game in hand at some point earlier and should not have relied on a miracle 6 point turnaround to simply have a shot at tying the game.

NRHector
03-29-2009, 09:53 PM
Thats not why the Spurs lost the game. The Spurs just aren't that good right now. Facing a shorthanded Hornets team they should have had this game in hand at some point earlier and should not have relied on a miracle 6 point turnaround to simply have a shot at tying the game.don't forget that Pop doesn't help any

DPG21920
03-29-2009, 09:53 PM
I said no matter win or lose, I was extraordinarily disappointed in this game.

Mugen
03-29-2009, 09:55 PM
our rotations are shit right now. no way to argue that.

Interrohater
03-29-2009, 09:56 PM
I totally disagree, the Hornets are a good team. if Manu were still out, would you say that the Hornets should have blown out the Spurs? No, cause they're still a good team. The biggest problem that we're having right now is our 3 point shooting is in a horrible slump. Get off the ledge, Spurs will be fine. The only thing we should worry about is getting into the playoffs.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-29-2009, 10:04 PM
I totally disagree, the Hornets are a good team. if Manu were still out, would you say that the Hornets should have blown out the Spurs? No, cause they're still a good team. The biggest problem that we're having right now is our 3 point shooting is in a horrible slump. Get off the ledge, Spurs will be fine. The only thing we should worry about is getting into the playoffs.

Sorry, but the Hornets were missing 3 of their top 5 players in Chandler, Peja, and Posey.

There was no excuse for the Spurs to choke this badly, this late in the season with a nearly fully healthy roster.

And with the playoffs in less than 9 games I look forward to two grueling rounds before getting knocked off by the Lakers in 5 again

lefty
03-29-2009, 10:04 PM
Pop just going CIA

Expect Bowen to make CP3 cry in the playoffs

Budkin
03-29-2009, 10:05 PM
Bad bad loss... we should have won this one by at least 10. Weak shit.

Lakers2009champs
03-29-2009, 10:06 PM
Live the 3, die by the 3.

Good job Hornets..

jag
03-29-2009, 10:07 PM
We have no heart. Time to rebiuld from the chest out!

What is wrong with you?

tmtcsc
I totally disagree, the Hornets WERE a good team. if Manu were still out, would you say that the Hornets should have blown out the Spurs? No, cause they're still a good team. The biggest problem that we're having right now is our 3 point shooting is in a horrible slump. Get off the ledge, Spurs will be fine. The only thing we should worry about is getting into the playoffs.

Fixed. No excuse. Tim has to play better (injury or no injury) for us to have a chance. I know, I know...he had decent numbers but this is the type of game that he would have dominated.

SouthTexasRancher
Thats not why the Spurs lost the game. The Spurs just aren't that good right now. Facing a shorthanded Hornets team they should have had this game in hand at some point earlier and should not have relied on a miracle 6 point turnaround to simply have a shot at tying the game.

It is going to be a fun NBA Finals watching the Finals matchup between LeBron & Kobe. I think LJ is going to get his ring this year. This Spurs team is the worst of the Duncan era. Not enough athletic guys, not enough shooters who can make a damn basket, and Pop has the chemistry all screwed up. Mason and Bonner have no business starting and wouldn't even be close to starting on any other playoff team. Finley has one foot in the old folks home, as does Fab.

We can sometimes beat the bottom feeders but, when we play a contender we get our asses kicked royally. Either Pop wants to win it in what will most likely be Timmy's last chance or he doesn't. We are definitely seeing the changing of the guard with teams like the Spurs, Mavs, Suns and Pistons falling down on our butts as true contenders. There are new kids on the block and every team has us figured out. We might as well drop down to #8 and go ahead and let the Lakers take us out in 4 straight so as to put us out of our misery. In fact the Spurs are pretty much the worst team of the Western Conference playoff teams other than possibly the Mavs. I don't know of one team we can beat unless we play the Wizards, Kings or Clippers and of course, they won't see the playoffs for 10 years.

GSH
Two separate issues. It doesn't make a rat's ass how good or bad the Spurs had played in the game. They kicked ass in the closing seconds, and earned a chance to take a 3-pointer to try and tie the game. Don't get pulled into the politically-correct bullshit, and lose sight of the fact that they executed their asses off in crunch time. I don't want to take anything away from the Hornets, but why do you want to take that away from the Spurs?

I've never seen a ref just refuse to blow a whistle on an intentional foul like that. It doesn't mean that the Spurs would have won the game. It doesn't mean that they deserved to win the game. But they deserved the opportunity. Period.

tp2021
03-29-2009, 10:10 PM
This Spurs team is the worst of the Duncan era.

So, they finally get some new blood, youth, people that can dunk, and have tattoos, just like all Spursfans seem to want, and they still suck...

Fucking retards, all of you. You know who you are.

TampaDude
03-29-2009, 10:11 PM
It is going to be a fun NBA Finals watching the Finals matchup between LeBron & Kobe. I think LJ is going to get his ring this year. This Spurs team is the worst of the Duncan era. Not enough athletic guys, not enough shooters who can make a damn basket, and Pop has the chemistry all screwed up. Mason and Bonner have no business starting and wouldn't even be close to starting on any other playoff team. Finley has one foot in the old folks home, as does Fab.

We can sometimes beat the bottom feeders but, when we play a contender we get our asses kicked royally. Either Pop wants to win it in what will most likely be Timmy's last chance or he doesn't. We are definitely seeing the changing of the guard with teams like the Spurs, Mavs, Suns and Pistons falling down on our butts as true contenders. There are new kids on the block and every team has us figured out. We might as well drop down to #8 and go ahead and let the Lakers take us out in 4 straight so as to put us out of our misery. In fact the Spurs are pretty much the worst team of the Western Conference playoff teams other than possibly the Mavs. I don't know of one team we can beat unless we play the Wizards, Kings or Clippers and of course, they won't see the playoffs for 10 years.

^ this

Kobe vs. LeBron in the Finals

Cavs in 6

Book it...

mexicanjunior
03-29-2009, 10:17 PM

Agreed, the Spurs lost this game with all those 3 point bricks they threw up in the 3rd and 4th quarters. It was nice that we hit those 3's after being down 7 but, had we hit some when it counted, it would never had come to that...If Bonner is not going to hit his outside shots, he has no business being out on the court...Mason is a spot up shooter and nothing more, Pop needs to stop forcing him into running the offense...Udoka is a brick machine, please give Bowen some minutes and let him prove that he can nail a corner 3 every once in awhile...Popovich is proving more and more that Duncan pretty much handed him titles. Now that Duncan is not dominant, he can't coach the team to win in other ways against good teams.

bigkevrocks31
03-29-2009, 10:19 PM
Cheated Us Again
Fuck you david stern

benefactor
03-29-2009, 10:20 PM
"The Usual Suspects" thread.

TampaDude
03-29-2009, 10:22 PM
Same

Old

Spurs

Cant_Be_Faded
03-29-2009, 10:23 PM
The refs did not fucking suck, this loss was entirely on us.

ducks
03-29-2009, 10:23 PM
terrible foul on manu
wtf tp GRABBED the jersey no foul
WTF

Cant_Be_Faded
03-29-2009, 10:24 PM
Pop just going CIA

Expect Bowen to make CP3 cry in the playoffs

What an intelligent post.

Really. I mean. Really.

SenorSpur
03-29-2009, 10:29 PM
The Spurs played as though they were entitled to win this game, by default. They showed very little passion or extra energy. Once again, they got outworked for loose balls, extra possessions and rebounds.

TampaDude
03-29-2009, 10:30 PM
Fucking Pop is more like it... :bang

bigkevrocks31
03-29-2009, 10:31 PM
Yes Fuck Pop For Not Putting in Bruce.
If we continue to play like that then we will get kicked out Rd. 1

Spursmania
03-29-2009, 10:31 PM
What is wrong with you?

I'm not sure he knows how to be anything but ridiculous.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-29-2009, 10:33 PM
The Spurs played as though they were entitled to win this game, by default. They showed no passion or extra energy. Once again, they got outworked for loose balls, extra possessions and rebounds.

Ironic, considering TP was discussing how the team has trouble "getting up" for games.

mexicanjunior
03-29-2009, 10:41 PM
Ironic, considering TP was discussing how the team has trouble "getting up" for games.

I found it comical he called out OKC after they lost to them a few games ago...

Spork KIller
03-29-2009, 10:42 PM
And before you start crying about the foul in the last possesion, the spurms are at fault for putting themselves in that situation by falling behind against an undermanned Hornets team, the Spurms were at full strenght.

What is your excuse now? You have the flopper back, Duncon although with his fake injuries played and had a good stat line.

The Hornets were without, Peja, Posey and Chandler.

Your team is a joke...

Expect more of this shit in the playoffs, because you won't finish second and certainly you won't get past the first round...

mexicanjunior
03-29-2009, 10:43 PM
Expect more of this shit in the playoffs, because you won't finish second and certainly you won't get past the first round...

If they keep playing like tonight...agreed.

B-Hath
Wow. How eloquent.

Lakers2009champs
Thank you son. NOR were the better team that's all..

SenorSpur
I found it comical he called out OKC after they lost to them a few games ago...

What did he say?

Ditty
And before you start crying about the foul in the last possesion, the spurms are at fault for putting themselves in that situation by falling behind against an undermanned Hornets team, the Spurms were at full strenght.

What is your excuse now? You have the flopper back, Duncon although with his fake injuries played and had a good stat line.

Your team is a joke...

so how is cancun looking for your suns?

SouthTexasRancher
03-29-2009, 10:44 PM

Your team is a joke...

Yep, sporkie, you are correct. We SUCK Bigtime!

mexicanjunior
03-29-2009, 10:44 PM
What did he say?

Something to the effect of...

"I wish the playoffs would start already. It's hard to get up for games against teams like OKC..."

fusionjazzman72
03-29-2009, 10:45 PM
Agreed.

Spork KIller
03-29-2009, 10:48 PM
Yep, sporkie, you are correct. We SUCK Bigtime!

You know it bro!

Lakers2009champs
03-29-2009, 10:49 PM
LoL, the spurs lost to OKC.

SenorSpur
03-29-2009, 10:50 PM
Something to the effect of...

"I wish the playoffs would start already. It's hard to get up for games against teams like OKC..."

How disinterested can he be? It aint like this team is locked, loaded and ready to take on the Fakers? Sheesh! :bang

Ditty
03-29-2009, 10:52 PM
LoL, the spurs lost to OKC.

Lakers lost to the bobcats

mexicanjunior
03-29-2009, 10:52 PM

How long ago was that?

jag
03-29-2009, 10:53 PM
The refs did not fucking suck, this loss was entirely on us.

Lakers2009champs
03-29-2009, 10:55 PM

Bobcats could make the playofss, OKC is ELIMINATED.

FAILED.

Ditty
03-29-2009, 10:56 PM
How long ago was that?

like a month or two but at least we didn't lose to the thunder at home :lol

Ditty
03-29-2009, 10:57 PM
Bobcats could make the playofss, OKC is ELIMINATED.

FAILED.

that's not the point idiot maybe if you knew your basketball you would understand

SouthTexasRancher
03-29-2009, 10:58 PM
Live the 3, die by the 3.

Good job Hornets..

How 'bout them Atlanta Hawks!!!

Congrats to LeBron and the Cavs for wining the 2009 NBA Championship and MVP.

The Spurs SUCK!!!

Man In Black
03-29-2009, 11:07 PM

IS THERE A BET INVOLVED HERE? Spurs not get to the 2nd round?

I smell easy money. Put your money where your piehole is dickhead.

I say you and me send Kori and LJ $100 bucks to hold for safekeeping...winner take all!

C'mon dildobreath...take the bet or do I see a tear in your eye?

amy020
03-29-2009, 11:55 PM
the spurs didn't play at full strength.

Manu-of-steel
03-30-2009, 12:17 AM

Your team is a joke...

how about your chance of getting to the postseason after a loss inflicted by the KINGS?

crc21209
03-30-2009, 01:30 AM

Your team is a joke...

Just stop posting. Nothing good comes from your posts. :sleep

Spork KIller
03-30-2009, 11:26 AM
truth hurts doesn't it?

Yuixafun
03-30-2009, 11:32 AM
the Suns lost to the lowly Kings and you need to blow some steam