PDA

View Full Version : March 2005 vs. March 2009

benefactor
03-30-2009, 12:55 PM
A couple of fun facts for those interested:

If we win on Tuesday against OKC we will be 10-7 in March. In 2005, we 10-5 in March. Both this team and that team had uncertainty surrounding injury issues...as Duncan went down with the ankle injury and we are working our way back from our own issues with both Tim and Manu.

Everyone knows what happened that year. We came together in the playoffs and got the job done. We had to beat a tough Pistons team that year and we will have to beat a tough Lakers team this year. We've done this before, we can do it again. Believe.

Spursfan092120
03-30-2009, 12:57 PM

If we win on Tuesday against OKC we will be 10-7 in March. In 2005, we 10-5 in March. Both this team and that team had uncertainty surrounding injury issues...as Duncan went down with the ankle injury and we are working our way back from our own issues with both Tim and Manu.

Everyone knows what happened that year. We came together in the playoffs and got the job done. We had to beat a tough Pistons team that year and we will have to beat a tough Lakers team this year. We've done this before, we can do it again. Believe.
Love the positive mental attitude. Keep it up.

:flag::flag::flag:

duncan228
03-30-2009, 01:03 PM
'05 is my favorite of the four. When Duncan went down in Detroit in March it looked bad. Watching him come back only to go down in Seattle in the semi's was scary. Watching him raise both trophies after being dragged through the mud in the media was wonderful. Duncan has given me a lot of incredible basketball memories, but that run was something else.

I never under-estimate this team, Duncan, Pop. The core of this team are Champions and they know what it takes to get there.

I believe, I always do. And win, lose, or ugly, I'm a Spurs fan.

TheDarkSide.
03-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Omg but wait Manu is old man really fuckin old like 31....super old and worn out. Past his prime just done...

:lol

TampaDude
03-30-2009, 01:29 PM
That '05 Finals against Detroit was truly one for the ages. :hat

xtremesteven33
03-30-2009, 01:30 PM
F*** It

2009 NBA Champions-San Antonio Spurs

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

TampaDude
03-30-2009, 01:33 PM
F*** It

2009 NBA Champions-San Antonio Spurs

:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

^ this

J.T.
03-30-2009, 01:35 PM

Except the Lakers are going to lose in the first round, and it won't be to the Spurs.

TampaDude
03-30-2009, 01:44 PM
Except the Lakers are going to lose in the first round, and it won't be to the Spurs.

If the Lakers get eliminated before reaching the WCF (not likely), then the Spurs will be a lock for winning the title. We already know what happens when the Spurs play the Cavs in the Finals. :hat

Dex
03-30-2009, 01:53 PM
:tu

Believe is going to be back in spectacular fashion this season.

mytespurs
03-30-2009, 01:59 PM
That '05 Finals against Detroit was truly one for the ages. :hat

I have the DVD of this championship; it was the best. I recall that the ratings were low for this series wasn't it but it was exciting. That game 7 was amazing; though it occurred 3 years ago, it seemed as if the game was live on TV.

TampaDude
03-30-2009, 02:01 PM
I have the DVD of this championship; it was the best. I recall that the ratings were low for this series wasn't it but it was exciting. That game 7 was amazing; though it occurred 3 years ago, it seemed as if the game was live on TV.

Best.

Finals.

Ever.

:toast

crc21209
03-30-2009, 02:03 PM

This is what I'm talking about damn it! This is more like it! BELIEVE. :toast :flag: :lobt2: