PDA

View Full Version : Healthy Hornets could present a big problem come postseason

BullsDynasty
03-30-2009, 02:08 PM
By Dave McMenamin, NBA.com (http://my.nba.com/profile.jspa?userID=300001889)
Posted Mar 30 2009 1:23PM

Injuries have devastated the Hornets, dropping last season's No. 2 seed to the No. 7 seed, if the playoffs started today. But if Peja Stojakovic returns from his back injury and if Tyson Chandler's left ankle is mended come April 18 when the postseason starts, there won't be many Western Conference teams that will raise their hands in answer to the question, "Who wants to play the Hornets?"

"I'm pretty comfortable if I've got my starting unit together," New Orleans coach Byron Scott said on Friday. "I know how they can play and I'm pretty comfortable that we can beat anybody in the West."
Scott's team showed that he can be comfortable even without his starters, as reserves Julian Wright and Antonio Daniels combined for 19 points in the Hornets' 90-86 win over the Spurs on Sunday. The win was significant because it snapped a two-game losing streak and it came against a healthy San Antonio team that lost for just the 10th time in 38 games when it's had its "Big Three" intact.
The threat posed by any potential postseason meeting with New Orleans starts with Chris Paul, the Hornets' multi-talented point guard. Paul, who finished second to Kobe Bryant in voting for the MVP, clearly has improved his game this season. His points, shooting percentage, rebounds and steals per game all have increased. With two-fifths of his starting rotation out, Paul has upped his averages to 24.8 points, 10.5 rebounds, 5.7 rebounds and 3.3 steals per game in the month of March.
The Hornets also have leaned heavily on David West, who was an All-Star along with Paul. Scott has to be careful that he doesn't ride his horses too hard, though; West and Paul both have played 40 minutes or more in 11 of the Hornets' 15 games in March.
The major minutes have been necessary because, aside from Chandler being expected to miss at least another week with his bad ankle and Stojakovic being day-to-day with his balky back, James Posey was recently suspended for a game for throwing a ball at a referee and Hilton Armstrong missed a game with a sprained ankle.
The heavy workload probably won't ease any time soon, either; Posey sprained his left elbow Friday night and is expected to miss the next three games.
New Orleans has defeated all but one of the seven other teams in the West that are pointed toward the playoffs. The Hornets will get the chance to make it 7-for-7 when they host the Jazz on Sunday. By that time, both Chandler and Stojakovic could be back.
"It's been a long time since our starting five has been together, and that's the scary part," Scott said. "The one thing that I do feel pretty comfortable about is the fact that they have been together, last year and most of this season. So they have a pretty good idea about each other and we have a pretty good idea about them as a group."

BRHornet45
03-30-2009, 02:11 PM
son the story of the 08-09 Hornets is injuries. plan and simple

jazzypimp
03-30-2009, 02:17 PM

If the jazz were fully healthy and the hornets were fully healthy I would take that matchup in the first round no problem. I would love it actually. The jazz have been injury plagued all season. Its time for these teams to get healthy!

Ghazi
03-30-2009, 02:33 PM

Injuries? injuries?

Shut the fuck up.

I thought Peja hurt the team? That's addition by subtraction.

How about the story of the Hornets is they were a fluke ass team that just hit a few shots?

Chandler's 8/8 yeahhhh man that's really holding the Hornets back.

The Hornets margin of victory is only 3 points per game when Chandler plays anyway. The only reason they're 45-27 is because of a flukish 10-5 record in games decided by 5 or less. They're more like a 43-29 or 42-30 team.

Elite teams don't win by 3 points per game.

Shaddup you ninny cuckold bitch!

BRHornet45
03-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Injuries? injuries?

Shut the fuck up.

I thought Peja hurt the team? That's addition by subtraction.

How about the story of the Hornets is they were a fluke ass team that just hit a few shots?

Chandler's 8/8 yeahhhh man that's really holding the Hornets back.

The Hornets margin of victory is only 3 points per game when Chandler plays anyway. The only reason they're 45-27 is because of a flukish 10-5 record in games decided by 5 or less. They're more like a 43-29 or 42-30 team.

Elite teams don't win by 3 points per game.

Shaddup you ninny cuckold bitch!

Ghazi the cuckold at it again sons!!! you blind little sissy you. you and everything about the city of Dallas and their sports teams is a fluke

Ghazi
03-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Hornets haven't had any significant injuries all year. Spurs/Rockets/Jazz have had far more significant injuries. Hell, JET missing 8 games for the Mavs is probably equal to 30 games lacking Chandler's "production" (if we call 8/8 being a soft baby back bitch production).

sribb43
03-30-2009, 02:39 PM
Saying healthy and hornets in the same sentence is like saying Mavs and championship

sribb43
03-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Hornets haven't had any significant injuries all year. Spurs/Rockets/Jazz have had far more significant injuries. Hell, JET missing 8 games for the Mavs is probably equal to 30 games lacking Chandler's "production" (if we call 8/8 being a soft baby back bitch production).

if all teams were healthy this season, Mavs wouldnt sniff the playoffs

Ghazi
03-30-2009, 02:40 PM
One ring puta!

BRHornet45
03-30-2009, 02:42 PM

LOL son you are a fucking moron. Chandler has been injured since the 3rd game of the season. He has played throughout the injury all year. Peja's played hurt all year, Paul missed 4 games, West mist many as well and now Posey is hurt for 3 games. keep it up Ghazi, your replies are hilarious as fuck .... god it must suck to be a Mavericks fan. 2006 NBA Champion Miami Heat baby!!!

Ghazi
03-30-2009, 02:43 PM
if all teams were healthy this season, Mavs wouldnt sniff the playoffs

We've been without our all star small forward for 30 games!:king

Ghazi
03-30-2009, 02:45 PM
LOL son you are a fucking moron. Chandler has been injured since the 3rd game of the season. He has played throughout the injury all year. Peja's played hurt all year, Paul missed 4 games, West mist many as well and now Posey is hurt for 3 games. keep it up Ghazi, your replies are hilarious as fuck .... god it must suck to be a Mavericks fan. 2006 NBA Champion Miami Heat baby!!!

lol, James fucking Posey as an injury excuse? :lol

lol, Chandler injured? As if he's a durable player? As if his 8/8 is that big a deal?

lol, Peja injured? Yeah man he was really lighting it up when he was healthy

lol, West injured? The ball moves better without his black hole ass in the line up anyway.

Hornets lost any right to complain about injuries after the Rockets came into NOLA and face fucked them WITHOUT Yao, and w/ Paul/Chandler/West playing.

Maybe your fluke team just isn't that good.:bking

BRHornet45
03-30-2009, 02:46 PM
if all teams were healthy this season, mavs wouldnt sniff the playoffs

lol

BRHornet45
03-30-2009, 02:53 PM
lol, Chandler injured? As if he's a durable player? As if his 8/8 is that big a deal?

son what don't you understand about Chandler playing hurt all season long? you don't think that has had ANYTHING to do with the fact to why his numbers aren't more like 11 and 11? .... regardless, Chandler has never been an offensive threat. that isn't why he is out there .... just ask Spurs fans about his defensive presence and chemistry with Paul. The Spurs scored all through the lane last night like most other teams ... why do you think that was? .... because Chandler wasn't in the middle and no one else on the Hornets can half ass play defense in the lane.

son there is a reason why the Hornets are 32-13 WITH Tyson and 12-13 WITHOUT him .... hate all you want sissy. whatever takes your mind off of that pussy ass loser team called the Dallas Choking Vagina's

Ghazi
03-30-2009, 02:54 PM
Chandler's so valuable the HOrnets are gonna trade him for a 2nd round draft pick this summer. :lol

BRHornet45
03-30-2009, 02:55 PM
Chandler's so valuable the HOrnets are gonna trade him for a 2nd round draft pick this summer. :lol

how bout them Mavs? enough about the Hornets son ... lets talk about your shitty team. are you coming down to New Orleans to watch your boys get stomped into the fucking ground?

sook
03-30-2009, 03:03 PM
doesn't make much sense for the mavericks to talk shit since they got a nice spankin last year by the hornets :lol

Girasuck
03-30-2009, 07:50 PM
If the Hornets stay in the 7 spot and SA stays in the 2, I'd be a little worried if I were a Spurs fan. A healthy NO team can beat SA in the first round.

bostonguy
03-30-2009, 08:16 PM
son what don't you understand about Chandler playing hurt all season long? you don't think that has had ANYTHING to do with the fact to why his numbers aren't more like 11 and 11? .... regardless, Chandler has never been an offensive threat. that isn't why he is out there .... just ask Spurs fans about his defensive presence and chemistry with Paul. The Spurs scored all through the lane last night like most other teams ... why do you think that was? .... because Chandler wasn't in the middle and no one else on the Hornets can half ass play defense in the lane.

son there is a reason why the Hornets are 32-13 WITH Tyson and 12-13 WITHOUT him .... hate all you want sissy. whatever takes your mind off of that pussy ass loser team called the Dallas Choking Vagina's

Son you have quality badass bigs in Hilton Armstrong and Sean Marks. Nice to see Julian Wright get some burn. That kid adds a different dimension to the team.

iggypop123
03-31-2009, 01:03 AM

just like the lakers, celtics, rockets, clippers, spurs,.... see where im going?