PDA

View Full Version : Beat this FLOP!

poop
03-30-2009, 02:15 PM
i challenge anyone to post a vid of any of the 'flopping spurs' even close to as ridiculous as this little gem originally posted by Lefty.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u296/emotionless2007/cpflop.gif?t=1238381178

TampaDude
03-30-2009, 02:18 PM
Actually, I think there's one out there with AK47 that tops that one.

TampaDude
03-30-2009, 02:25 PM
Here you go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUJW_8KzzZc

:lol

Spursmania
03-30-2009, 02:31 PM
Here you go...

That is fucking ridiculous.:lol

Spursmania
03-30-2009, 02:31 PM
i challenge anyone to post a vid of any of the 'flopping spurs' even close to as ridiculous as this little gem originally posted by Lefty.

He looks like such an Asshole. What a classic CP3 flop:lol:lol

Texas_Ranger
03-30-2009, 02:34 PM
he said ''a spurs player''!

Grundle
03-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Can he beat his own best flop? i think he just might...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VnMUmLHOks

Texas_Ranger
03-30-2009, 02:36 PM
Can he his own best flop? i think he just might...

OMG!:lmao
this guy really is a moron:hat

sribb43
03-30-2009, 02:38 PM

I gotta give the ref credit on that one for not calling that BS

sribb43
03-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Here you go...

:wow

BullsDynasty
03-30-2009, 02:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTdERYOtqsg

poop
03-30-2009, 02:48 PM
Here you go...

this is bad but not even as bad as the CP3 one above.

ive been scouring youtube and i havent found anything as bad as that CP3 one above

poop
03-30-2009, 02:51 PM

holy shit. it is becoming apparent that Paul is by far the worst flopper in the NBA...

PM5K
03-30-2009, 03:06 PM
What's really hilarious about that second CP3 flop is that once he realizes he's not getting the call he jumps right back up, I bet if they had called it he would have lied there for a good minute before getting up.

The first one is similar to the AK-47 flop, the reason I rank the AK-47 flop higher is because I dislike him more than CP3 (I don't really dislike CP3 per say).....

freemeat
03-30-2009, 03:12 PM
This thing from Baron Davis is pretty good --

MTdERYOtqsg

but no one in the league flails their arms and spins around in circles quite like Douche Paul 3.

poop
03-30-2009, 05:43 PM
What's really hilarious about that second CP3 flop is that once he realizes he's not getting the call he jumps right back up, I bet if they had called it he would have lied there for a good minute before getting up.

The first one is similar to the AK-47 flop, the reason I rank the AK-47 flop higher is because I dislike him more than CP3 (I don't really dislike CP3 per say).....

the AK47 one is bad, but hes still just exagerrating contact that was there. the thing that sets the Paul ones apart is that HE is the one that initiates the contact himself, THEN flails around.

most of the top ones on youtube, involve a guy getting contact then blowing it out of proportion. but Paul is in a league of his own because he goes and makes the contact himself then throws himself to the floor

Allanon
03-30-2009, 05:45 PM
This thing from Baron Davis is pretty good --

MTdERYOtqsg

This one by Baron was pretty awesome. He even pulls on Okur to get back up again. Classic.

Pelicans78
03-30-2009, 06:24 PM
Didn't Horry have a massive flop against the Rockets?

stretch
03-30-2009, 06:30 PM
no, this is definitely the worst flop ever

FEx4JUDeyAQ

JamStone
03-30-2009, 06:53 PM
I was going to post that Baron Davis flop but someone else posted it.

So here's one of Wade not even getting touched.

aySGUzzxjGE&feature=related

monosylab1k
03-30-2009, 06:54 PM

:lmao how have I never seen that! priceless. He literally does not get touched at all.

stretch
03-30-2009, 06:57 PM

LMAO that one is so pathetic, I don't even know if you can call it a flop.

JamStone
03-30-2009, 07:08 PM
I guess the OP wanted ones of "Spurs" players and I didn't even realize it.

Manu is one of my favorite players, but he's had his share.

fEef1T_lqwA&feature=related

Girasuck
03-30-2009, 07:44 PM
The best part about the Baron Davis flop happened two days later when Golden State played Utah again at the ESA. Davis drove to the basket and Okur fouled him. The two started talking a bit and you can see Okur telling Davis to "fall down, fall down". Davis just starts laughing.

Spursmania
03-30-2009, 07:57 PM

Your other avatar was cooler. I liked it.:toast

Spursmania
03-30-2009, 07:58 PM
CP3 still wins it by a long shot thus far.

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
03-30-2009, 08:14 PM
no, this is definitely the worst flop ever

FEx4JUDeyAQ

Terrible!!!!!

fevertrees
03-30-2009, 08:23 PM
Chris Paul at least makes flopping look GOOD

Typhoon
03-30-2009, 08:42 PM
8ukde193ivM

Spursfan092120
03-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Didn't Horry have a massive flop against the Rockets?
There's a reason no other Hornets fans have said anything in here..they know CP3 is the worst flopper in the league. Nothing Horry, or any Spur for that matter, has done is worse than what CP3 does on a nightly basis..don't even try.

Spursfan092120
03-30-2009, 08:49 PM
8ukde193ivM
Not year as bad as CP3's...not even close..as the guy said before..Horry just exaggerated the contact that was there..CP3 goes spinning like a helicopter (no offense Helicopter Jones) any time he gets close to someone. Bullshit.

Allanon
03-30-2009, 08:49 PM
8ukde193ivM

Ah, there it is. Greatest part of this flop is Horry pushing with his arms to get more skidding action :lol:lol

Spursfan092120
03-30-2009, 08:51 PM
I guess the OP wanted ones of "Spurs" players and I didn't even realize it.

Manu is one of my favorite players, but he's had his share.

fEef1T_lqwA&feature=related
Once again..exaggerating contact that was there...

freemeat
03-30-2009, 09:04 PM
CP3 still wins it by a long shot thus far.

Agreed. It's how dramatic he gets when he's going down that really makes his flops special. He spins, throws the ball, swings his arms around, etc.

Lars
03-30-2009, 09:09 PM
Flopping is for faggots.

Spursfan092120
03-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Flopping is for faggots.
BZF7wvTadCI
Especially like the second one...SAFE!!

JamStone
03-30-2009, 09:25 PM
Once again..exaggerating contact that was there...

Many and even most flops involve contact of some kind. To me, the more egregious the exaggeration is, the worse the flop is. Not saying Ginobili's flop was worse than many in this thread. It's not. But it's still a pretty ridiculous flop.

fevertrees
03-30-2009, 10:04 PM
I don't see anyone bitching about the FLOPPERS on the Kings :downspin:

dreamerspur
03-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Funny how the video of the so called flop by Manu that Jamstone posted shows how Bonzi raises his shoulder, smashing it into manu's face in an attempt to post him up. Manu does embellish the contact he receives but he does get hit. CP3 on the other hand runs around the court creating contact with the other players about 5 times per possession, jerking his body around like he is getting fouls on each one ;in the meantime, he is complaining to the refs through out the entire possession. The refs eventually call a foul in the favor of this crybaby almost as if the ref is saying to his self ' Gee paul seemed to have gotten fouled like four times better call this fifth one'
Anyway... every team has floppers, crybabies, dirty players etc etc... but paul seems to be all of those wrapped into one. And on top of that he can't take what he dishes which makes him a PUSSY in my book

LakerHater
04-04-2009, 04:27 PM
http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/53471-1/Basketball_flop_dive.gif

mogrovejo
04-04-2009, 05:07 PM
I don't feel like looking for the video, but a Manu Ginobili flop on Tony Allen last season.

manufor3
04-04-2009, 05:10 PM
http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/53471-1/Basketball_flop_dive.gif

this

DeadlyDynasty
04-04-2009, 05:28 PM
I don't see anyone bitching about the FLOPPERS on the Kings :downspin:

That's the only thing they were Kings of from 99-02

Obstructed_View
04-04-2009, 05:42 PM
Horry's was great. I laughed when it happened.

Someone should explain to Jamstone what a flop is because Manu got hit and Wade just fell down and got bailed out by the refs.

monosylab1k
04-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Manu got hit

You cannot be serious.

Obstructed_View
04-04-2009, 06:00 PM
You cannot be serious.

Wells goes backward and throws his shoulder into Manu's jaw. It's obvious even without the replay. They got tangled up and you could see it was going to happen. Why did Bonzi happen to have his hands straight up in the "I didn't do nothin'" pose? The fact that Clyde Drexler thinks its a flop shouldn't carry much weight with anybody that's seen his telecasts.

lefty
04-04-2009, 06:36 PM
i gotta give the ref credit on that one for not calling that bs

+1

poop
04-04-2009, 06:40 PM
STILL NONE have beat that original chris paul 720 flop.

runs directly into oberto, grimaces, spins once completely around, throws the ball up in the air, spins again, runs forward, sticks his hands out, throws himself to the floor, does another half spin, then lays down HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Rogue
04-04-2009, 06:48 PM
flopping is unbeatable...

compared to the championships, the floppers are more deserving of http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/dc/Academy_Award_Oscar.jpg/220px-Academy_Award_Oscar.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Academy_Award_Oscar.jpg) :lmao

monosylab1k
04-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Wells goes backward and throws his shoulder into Manu's jaw.

:lmao

I guess Oberto threw his elbow into Chris Paul, causing the 360, right?

sook
04-04-2009, 07:38 PM
I love how you guys think that those flops are nearly as bad as AK flopping vs us last year. That cost us a playoff game within the final minutes.

mystargtr34
04-04-2009, 07:54 PM

Are you just trolling or just ridiculously delusional :lol. Manu got an elbow right in the jaw, exaggerated it by falling back so technically it was a flop. But Manu has done worse than that :lol that wasnt even a good example, he actually got hit pretty good.

Its nothing like the Kirilenko, CP3, Baron or D-Wade one.

monosylab1k
04-04-2009, 08:06 PM
it was a flop

I know

Obstructed_View
04-04-2009, 08:11 PM

Don't change the subject, look at the video. You can't claim that Wells doesn't clearly make contact with Manu's chin, and you should know enough about basketball to know that when Bonzi put his hands up BEFORE THE CONTACT that it was a premeditated act. You can try to say that the fall afterward was overly theatrical, or that Manu shouldn't have had his face that close to be trying to draw the contact, but don't act like the contact didn't happen. If drawing a foul that actually occurred is your definition of a flop, that's your problem.

JamStone
04-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Horry's was great. I laughed when it happened.

Someone should explain to Jamstone what a flop is because Manu got hit and Wade just fell down and got bailed out by the refs.

Having contact on a flop doesn't preclude a player from flopping. Manu flopped. There was contact, but there was contact with Chris Paul's flop as well.

Wade fell down for no reason. That's why it was a flop. He was faking the contact.

monosylab1k
04-04-2009, 08:18 PM
You can try to say that the fall afterward was overly theatrical

In other words, a flop.

Chieflion
04-04-2009, 08:47 PM
Having contact on a flop doesn't preclude a player from flopping. Manu flopped. There was contact, but there was contact with Chris Paul's flop as well.

Wade fell down for no reason. That's why it was a flop. He was faking the contact.
It seems D-Wade fell down by accident there.

mystargtr34
04-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Manu got hit

You cannot be serious.

Lol

DeadlyDynasty
04-04-2009, 08:53 PM
Manu flopped, clear as fuckin day...wake up Spur homers. Just b/c he's on your team doesn't mean you have to suck his dick in every argument against him

monosylab1k
04-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Lol

He said it wasn't a flop because Manu got hit. Pay attention.

mystargtr34
04-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Manu flopped, clear as fuckin day...wake up Spur homers. Just b/c he's on your team doesn't mean you have to suck his dick in every argument against him

Did he get an elbow in the jaw ?

monosylab1k
04-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Did he get an elbow in the jaw ?

He got touched by Bonzi's shoulder and reacted like he just got hit by a mortar shell. You already said it was a flop.

mystargtr34
04-04-2009, 08:57 PM
He said it wasn't a flop because Manu got hit. Pay attention.

But you think it was similar to the Chris Paul flop.

monosylab1k
04-04-2009, 09:01 PM

He said Manu didn't flop because he got hit. Chris Paul got hit too, does that mean he didn't flop?

sarcasm homey.

DeadlyDynasty
04-04-2009, 09:02 PM

No, but it's still a fucking flop. He's got that "futbol" acting skill in his game, coming from Argentina

mystargtr34
04-04-2009, 09:03 PM
He got touched by Bonzi's shoulder and reacted like he just got hit by a mortar shell. You already said it was a flop.

Technically i said it was a flop. Its nothing like the generic 'flop' that gets ridiculed in the NBA today. Or the type of stuff the NBA is lookin at bringing in technicals for. Bonzi made a fair amount of contact with Manu, so an NBA player has every right to go down when they get hit in the face.

Manu has had worse ones than that, that was a bad example. He got hit in the face.

mystargtr34
04-04-2009, 09:05 PM
No, but it's still a fucking flop. He's got that "futbol" acting skill in his game, coming from Argentina

And i agreed it was a flop. But it wasnt a ridiculous acting job like the CP3, Kirilenko or Baron Davis one.

None of those guys actually got hit in the face.

Obstructed_View
04-04-2009, 09:35 PM

If you can watch that video and claim that it was a touch, then you're just making shit up. He got hit.

Spursmania
04-04-2009, 10:22 PM
I think we can all agree there are many floppers in the league. But CP3 is in a class of flopping all by himself. The winner is Chris Paul hands down.

The TroutBum
04-05-2009, 02:46 AM
It's true, not only is he a flopping douche nozzle, but...

Texas_Ranger
04-05-2009, 03:23 AM
eRK-rtlnLdw

OMFG!! This is just so funny :lmao

MacGyver
04-05-2009, 03:33 AM
8BjhfwVY_p8

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-05-2009, 03:48 AM
:lol Every player is guilty in this thread. Even Manu and Robert Horry..

Baron Davis' one is fucking hilarious :lmao...I respect the ones that don't pretend about it....

But with that said, Chris Paul has taken the art of flopping to a new level. :worthy:

Vlade Divac would be proud.
DgPHIT61FfU

IronMexican
04-05-2009, 03:52 AM
If you don't think Manu flopped on that play with Bonzi, your opinion means nothing here.

NewJerSpur
04-05-2009, 04:00 AM
:lol Every player is guilty in this thread. Even Manu and Robert Horry..

Baron Davis' one is fucking hilarious :lmao...I respect the ones that don't pretend about it....

But with that said, Chris Paul has taken the art of flopping to a new level. :worthy:

Vlade Divac would be proud.
DgPHIT61FfU

Even Okur had to smile/laugh at Baron on that one. Clownish, but funny nonetheless. :lol

Obstructed_View
04-05-2009, 06:24 AM
If you don't think Manu flopped on that play with Bonzi, your opinion means nothing here.

Mono took issue with the fact that I said Manu got hit in the chin, even though he clearly did. Seriously, if that's the best example people can come up with then maybe Manu wasn't as big a flopper as we remember.

Obstructed_View
04-05-2009, 06:33 AM

I'm not sure I agree with you about either play, and if we're talking about all time worst flops, neither even comes close, but let's shelf that for the moment.

You seem to have two separate definitions, so I'm curious: In your opinion, is a flop falling down to call attention to legitimate contact that should be called, or is it pretending there was contact and falling down hoping the officials reflexively blow the whistle and bail you out?

I remember Jacque Vaughn trying to draw a charge in the '07 finals where he anticipated the contact and actually fell down without anyone touching him. That's what I define as a flop. If you say that it's a flop as soon as someone falls that could have kept their balance, then all but the worst drawn charges in the NBA are flops because all the defender has to do is move his feet.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-05-2009, 07:36 AM
You seem to have two separate definitions, so I'm curious: In your opinion, is a flop falling down to call attention to legitimate contact that should be called, or is it pretending there was contact and falling down hoping the officials reflexively blow the whistle and bail you out?

I remember Jacque Vaughn trying to draw a charge in the '07 finals where he anticipated the contact and actually fell down without anyone touching him. That's what I define as a flop. If you say that it's a flop as soon as someone falls that could have kept their balance, then all but the worst drawn charges in the NBA are flops because all the defender has to do is move his feet.

Here's an example of what you're talking about.
s0upQDkY-pg

DeadlyDynasty
04-05-2009, 08:28 AM
eRK-rtlnLdw

OMFG!! This is just so funny :lmao

:lmao the guy has insane talent yet he feels the need to play like a bitch. Hopefully Trevor Ariza will show him what a real foul is:toast

JamStone
04-05-2009, 08:57 AM
I'm not sure I agree with you about either play, and if we're talking about all time worst flops, neither even comes close, but let's shelf that for the moment.

I believe there are different types and different degrees of flops. Exaggerating contact that is already there is flopping. And, pretending that there's contact that isn't there is also flopping. I think both are types of flopping. And, yes, the vast majority of attempted charge calls are flops. To me, it's not so much about the contact but the theatrics involved that make the flop. Over-dramatics is what really does it for me. That's the case in all the flops in this thread.

Obstructed_View
04-05-2009, 10:05 AM
I believe there are different types and different degrees of flops. Exaggerating contact that is already there is flopping. And, pretending that there's contact that isn't there is also flopping. I think both are types of flopping. And, yes, the vast majority of attempted charge calls are flops. To me, it's not so much about the contact but the theatrics involved that make the flop. Over-dramatics is what really does it for me. That's the case in all the flops in this thread.

Fair enough. If the NBA is going to start fining guys should they be making judgment calls on whether or not someone "exaggerated" contact, or are they going to just go after the "I got hit by a sniper" flailers (of which I freely admit Manu was a member for the first half of his career)?

lurker
04-05-2009, 10:47 AM
lol, looks like Tim said "...what the fuck?" after CP fell into his arms like a damsel in distress.

RedsLakers24
04-05-2009, 10:53 AM
Duncan gets no respect,, he is one the Greatest players to played the game and they are giving him a foul on a CP3 flop, WOW

Manufan909
04-05-2009, 11:13 AM

Indeed. And poor IM, no one reads your shit anymore, they just scroll down on your signature.:hat

JamStone
04-05-2009, 11:42 AM
Fair enough. If the NBA is going to start fining guys should they be making judgment calls on whether or not someone "exaggerated" contact, or are they going to just go after the "I got hit by a sniper" flailers (of which I freely admit Manu was a member for the first half of his career)?

I don't know. I'm not necessarily in favor of fining at all, except for egregious repeat offenders. I'd be just as content if the officials just did a better job of identifying flops. I realize it's not always an easy thing to do, but there are a lot of difficult things that NBA officials have to identify during a game. If the officials simply stop calling flops fouls, the players will stop doing it as much.

Biggems
04-05-2009, 01:01 PM
remember a few years ago when Manu was in the lane around the FT line....I cant remember on offense or defense.....but no one was withing 2-3 ft of him and he just threw himself to the floor....I believe he got the call to.

does anyone have video of that one.

monosylab1k
04-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Mono took issue with the fact that I said Manu got hit in the chin, even though he clearly did.

No I didn't. I took issue with the fact that you said it WASN'T a flop BECAUSE he got hit in the chin.

JamStone
04-05-2009, 01:09 PM
remember a few years ago when Manu was in the lane around the FT line....I cant remember on offense or defense.....but no one was withing 2-3 ft of him and he just threw himself to the floor....I believe he got the call to.

does anyone have video of that one.

I may have been thinking of the same thing, but I couldn't find it on youtube. I believe it was a playoff game. And, someone got the rebound. Manu was standing a couple feet away. The rebounder swung his body a little bit (not swinging elbows, his entire body) and Manu dropped to the floor. May or may not be the play you were thinking of, but if it was, I tried looking for it but couldn't find it.

Obstructed_View
04-05-2009, 01:28 PM
No I didn't. I took issue with the fact that you said it WASN'T a flop BECAUSE he got hit in the chin.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3256480&postcount=45

Obstructed_View
04-05-2009, 01:29 PM
I don't know. I'm not necessarily in favor of fining at all, except for egregious repeat offenders. I'd be just as content if the officials just did a better job of identifying flops. I realize it's not always an easy thing to do, but there are a lot of difficult things that NBA officials have to identify during a game. If the officials simply stop calling flops fouls, the players will stop doing it as much.

I couldn't agree more with the parts in bold. I think this is the reason some of the more pathetic attempts at flopping in previous years by guys like Manu and Devin Harris have diminished.

JamStone
04-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Manu definitely got hit in the face. I don't agree it's a foul though. Bonzi stopped in the lane, which he has a right to. He lifted his arms straight up, which he has a right to. Manu was chasing him so hard that he ran into Bonzi when Bonzi stopped. I think that's a no call. Definitely contact. I disagree that it's a foul.

spursfan1000
04-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Yeah CP3 is a flopper, surprised because he is young, usually older players flop.

Obstructed_View
04-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Drew Gooden had the flop of the day against Boobie Gibson. That one made me laugh out loud.