PDA

View Full Version : picking your brackets

rr2418
03-15-2005, 06:11 PM
How do ya'll pick your teams for the brackets? Best records? Favorite teams?
Best mascot? Extensive research? ????

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-15-2005, 06:32 PM
I down a six pack of Shiner and then go pick my teams. Drunken gut has trumped informed research for about three straight years for me.

:drunk

jalbre6
03-15-2005, 06:43 PM
I usually watch a lot of college ball during the conference tourneys, and see who's hot and who isn't. This year I was too busy, so I might mirror AHF's approach. Also, I always pick one team that I couldn't place their campus on a map. Last year, it was Murray State who I think lost to Illinois. This year, I'm thinking St Mary's.

GF picks by if she likes the state the school is in, and picked UConn last year because her Dad went to school there.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-15-2005, 07:23 PM
At work two years ago, we had a girl pick the games by which she thought had a more manly mascot.

I ended up splitting the pot with her at the end of the tourney.

rr2418
03-15-2005, 07:29 PM
I down a six pack of Shiner and then go pick my teams. Drunken gut has trumped informed research for about three straight years for me.

:drunk

:lol Hmmm! Not a bad way to pick!

I really don't watch CB that much, so I guess I'll do like you or just go by who I think is the best team in that particular game. I'll probably pick a couple of upsets just for good measure.

JoeChalupa
03-17-2005, 12:47 PM
I rely on my extensive knowledge of the college basketball season.
Who the top players are and which teams came out of their tournaments playing great ball. Then I take it all and toss it and just go on instinct.

travis2
03-17-2005, 12:50 PM
http://graphics.stanford.edu/~vaibhav/ski2002/dartboard_s.jpg