PDA

View Full Version : Pitbull Mauling for Week of 3/30/09

ashbeeigh
03-31-2009, 10:24 AM
Dogs Attack, Kill Infant

Grandmother Injured; Police Shoot, Kill Dogs

POSTED: Tuesday, March 31, 2009

SAN ANTONIO -- Two pit bulls attacked and killed an infant Tuesday morning on the city's west side, police said.
The infant's grandmother was injured was hospitalized, police said.
Police then shot and killed the dogs, police said.
The attack happened around 7 a.m. in the 1100 block of Ruiz Street.

Refresh this page for more details and look for a live report on KSAT 12 News at Noon.

Fabulous. westsidddee. I'm actually surprised I didn't hear sirens or anything. or maybe I just tuned it out. I'm literally 5 minutes away from the house.

RandomGuy
03-31-2009, 10:39 AM
No, offense but...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=57&pictureid=585

Cue the entrance of outraged pitbull owners swearing up and down their dogs are lovable, cute and fuzzy, stage right...

Cue the "yeah buts", stage left...

(sighs)

2Blonde
03-31-2009, 12:33 PM
They just played the audio of the 911 call from the mother on the KSAT Noon News.

911 OPERATOR: Did he get hit with something?

MOTHER: No, a dog..dog...dog.

911 OPERATOR: A dog?

MOTHER: Yes!

911 OPERATOR: Ok. I'm sorry I need you to calm down so I can understand you. Ok?

MOTHER: I might have a dead son. How am I supposed to calm down? (Screams)

:( I understand how hard it is for the operator to get information from someone really upset, but when you look at the transcript it's hard not to take the mom's side. I would be beyond crazed if I were in her situation. In fact I thought she was quite understandable already when the operator told her to calm down. So, so sad.:( My heart goes out to this family.

http://www.ksat.com/news/19054162/detail.html

koriwhat
03-31-2009, 01:20 PM
i don't know... my blue nose brutis is right next to me and i have yet to meet a dog more personable and loving then he is. ah brutis!

now my red heeler rusty is an asshole to the n'th degree as well as my chihuahua moko.

tp2021
03-31-2009, 01:21 PM
No, offense but...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=57&pictureid=585

Cue the entrance of outraged pitbull owners swearing up and down their dogs are lovable, cute and fuzzy, stage right...

Cue the "yeah buts", stage left...

(sighs)

This.

Keep it handy, you will need it many more times.

koriwhat
03-31-2009, 01:31 PM
any animal is capable of such behavior as in this story, even us humans.

i guess we should just take all the kids who have been abused and off them because sooner or later they are gonna turn on us and abuse others. that's the mentality here right, so why should it end with pitbull dog breeds? animals are animals...

it's a very rough analogy.

BlackSwordsMan
03-31-2009, 01:54 PM
my grandma lives on ruiz street =O

Dark Gable
03-31-2009, 01:59 PM
Sad story.

fatsack
03-31-2009, 02:27 PM
here's today's (3/31/09) killing of a 7 mo child by a pit bull:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/Child_possibly_injured_by_dog.html

Blake
03-31-2009, 02:42 PM
any animal is capable of such behavior as in this story, even us humans.

i guess we should just take all the kids who have been abused and off them because sooner or later they are gonna turn on us and abuse others. that's the mentality here right, so why should it end with pitbull dog breeds? animals are animals...

it's a very rough analogy.

I'm thinking a poodle will not kill an infant and injure the grandmother

koriwhat
03-31-2009, 05:10 PM
I'm thinking a poodle will not kill an infant and injure the grandmother

i'll tell ya what... i'm way more scared of my maccaw tearing me up then my pit. i am also more scared of crazy ass people in this world then i am of my pit. atleast my pit doesn't own a gun or a knife. and as unfortunate as it is for that grandmother to lose her grandchild(in the first story), it's even more unfortunate that she would knap while not watching her grand kid and by doing so she allowed him to venture out on his own. chalk it up to bad parenting/babysitting and not the pitbull's fault.

Blake
03-31-2009, 05:55 PM
i'll tell ya what... i'm way more scared of my maccaw tearing me up then my pit. i am also more scared of crazy ass people in this world then i am of my pit.
at least my pit doesn't own a gun or a knife.

I'm more scared of a crazy ass with a gun than a crazy ass with a knife.
I think we can agree that there is danger in both of those regardless of which is scarier.

and as unfortunate as it is for that grandmother to lose her grandchild(in the first story), it's even more unfortunate that she would knap while not watching her grand kid and by doing so she allowed him to venture out on his own. chalk it up to bad parenting/babysitting and not the pitbull's fault.

I definitely chalk it up to bad parenting/babysitting.

What person in their right mind would allow their infant to get even remotely close to a dangerous pit bull?

You may as well leave the infant with a crazy ass that has a gun.

E20
04-01-2009, 02:21 AM
I would beat the living daylights out of any pitbull. One on One. Octagon/whatever.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-01-2009, 10:57 AM
LOL
I would throw a Masenko at any fucking pitbull that ever barked at me

Melmart1
04-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Fabulous. westsidddee. I'm actually surprised I didn't hear sirens or anything. or maybe I just tuned it out. I'm literally 5 minutes away from the house.

So that just means that you will use your mace on a dog instead of a Mexican that day.

phyzik
04-01-2009, 12:39 PM
They just played the audio of the 911 call from the mother on the KSAT Noon News.

:( I understand how hard it is for the operator to get information from someone really upset, but when you look at the transcript it's hard not to take the mom's side. I would be beyond crazed if I were in her situation. In fact I thought she was quite understandable already when the operator told her to calm down. So, so sad.:( My heart goes out to this family.

http://www.ksat.com/news/19054162/detail.html

You think thats bad? I was watching the show "Holy @#%*!" on channel 68. There was an elderly lady that 2 dogs where attacking in her own home. She managed to get the phone and call 911. You can clearly hear her say some dogs are attacking her even though the dogs are growling and barking in the background. The stupid operator asks the lady to please quite down the dogs. I was like WTF :lol. It took like 20 minutes for the cops to get there while this poor old lady had 2 dogs attacking her the whole time.

*edit* not to say that incident was any worse, just the fact that you could clearly hear what the elderly woman was saying into the phone and the operator was just annoyed by the barking of the dogs.

ashbeeigh
04-01-2009, 01:42 PM
So that just means that you will use your mace on a dog instead of a Mexican that day.

In hindsight that is correct :rolleyes