PDA

View Full Version : Is the black Cavs announcer mentally retarded or suffering from tourrettes?

DrHouse
03-31-2009, 07:39 PM
The guy keeps repeating the same phrases over, and over, and over. At first I thought he was just over excited but now I"m thinking he might actually have a mental deficiency.

"L-TRAIN!"

"L-TRAIN!"

"L-TRAIN!"

"L-TRAIN!"

"L-TRAIN!"

"Throw the hammer down!"

"Throw the hammer down!"

"Throw the hammer down!"

"Throw the hammer down!"

Thunder Dan
03-31-2009, 07:40 PM
He is awesome

JoeTait75
03-31-2009, 07:41 PM
It's Austin Carr. He has a drinking game circulating, which he is aware of, and I think it affects his use of repetitive phrases.

He does hold the NCAA Tournament single-game scoring record, though.

ginobili's bald spot
03-31-2009, 07:53 PM
He's definitely one of the worst in the league. No one compares to the Blazers color guy though. That guy needs to get punched in the face.

Thunder Dan
03-31-2009, 07:56 PM
he is great- when I'm watching the Cavs broadcast I'm not watching for a neutral broadcast team. I want my guys cheering for the Cavs and calling the other team names. That is why I love the Cavs brodcasters

JoeTait75
03-31-2009, 07:58 PM
he is great- when I'm watching the Cavs broadcast I'm not watching for a neutral broadcast team. I want my guys cheering for the Cavs and calling the other team names. That is why I love the Cavs brodcasters

I miss Michael Reghi.

sribb43
03-31-2009, 08:22 PM
That guy sucks the Cavs dick more than ESPN or ABC

djohn2oo8
03-31-2009, 08:24 PM
He's definitely one of the worst in the league. No one compares to the Blazers color guy though. That guy needs to get punched in the face.

The Celtics announcers ARE THE WORST

iggypop123
03-31-2009, 08:26 PM
why not just hire some random dude from power 106 he could do the same job. this guy is stupid

Thunder Dan
03-31-2009, 08:46 PM
Laker fans taking their anger out of the Cavs announcer because the Lakers lost to the shitty Bobcats

Lp26
03-31-2009, 08:50 PM
No he really does suck. Every time we play you guys 99% of the Pistons forum has to mute the game to watch.

Both of the announcers are retarded, and i can take a little homerism, etc.

The only announcers i absolutely have to turn off besides them are the Celtics, and CHI ones while annoying are still tolerable.

ginobili's bald spot
03-31-2009, 08:52 PM
Laker fans taking their anger out of the Cavs announcer because the Lakers lost to the shitty Bobcats

That must be it considering almost all of the posts in here were made before the game. Besides everyone knows that guy sucks cock not just Laker fans. The only people who don't are blind homer Cavs fans.

Thunder Dan
03-31-2009, 08:57 PM
No he really does suck. Every time we play you guys 99% of the Pistons forum has to mute the game to watch.

Both of the announcers are retarded, and i can take a little homerism, etc.

The only announcers i absolutely have to turn off besides them are the Celtics, and CHI ones while annoying are still tolerable.
Fred used to do Piston games

Thunder Dan
03-31-2009, 08:59 PM
That must be it considering almost all of the posts in here were made before the game. Besides everyone knows that guy sucks cock not just Laker fans. The only people who don't are blind homer Cavs fans.

well it's a Cavs home broadcast what do you want? The guys are hired by the Cavs so they root for them, what is wrong with that? If you don't like it don't watch.

sook
03-31-2009, 09:11 PM
He is the main reason I started the thread about the the black announcers last week. The NBA is a business, and I wouldnt hire this guy to answer my customer service phones more or less do my broadcasting. Im glad you noticed it.

:lmao:lmao

DrHouse
03-31-2009, 09:31 PM
:lmao at ThunderDan getting defensive about Cavs mentally retarded announcer.

Do you really think I give two shits about the Cavs getting HCA? The Finals is a LONG ways away, and neither the Lakers nor the Cavs are guaranteed to get there. And for what it's worth who's the one team that beat the Cavs on their home floor rather handily?

Lp26
03-31-2009, 09:50 PM
Fred used to do Piston games

Yea i remember. He was pretty bad for us as well.

The_Dude
03-31-2009, 09:57 PM
:lmao at ThunderDan getting defensive about Cavs mentally retarded announcer.

Do you really think I give two shits about the Cavs getting HCA? The Finals is a LONG ways away, and neither the Lakers nor the Cavs are guaranteed to get there. And for what it's worth who's the one team that beat the Cavs on their home floor rather handily?

Yes, but it took Lamar Odom having the best game of his career to beat the Cavs. I'll take my chances with LO not showing up like normal and the Cavs being ready to play.

Thunder Dan
03-31-2009, 10:05 PM
AC is better than chic hern

JamStone
03-31-2009, 10:10 PM
Yes and yes.

But who cares? Cavs fans are the ones that have to hear him 80 or so games a year.

I'd actually rather listen to him than Tommy Heinsohn. Obviously, preferably both of them just kill themselves so no one has to hear them anymore.

DrHouse
03-31-2009, 11:04 PM
Yes, but it took Lamar Odom having the best game of his career to beat the Cavs. I'll take my chances with LO not showing up like normal and the Cavs being ready to play.

LOL Kobe was basically dead that game and barely contributed offensively.

And what about the game before that when Bynum was playing and the Lakers thoroughly trashed the Cavs?

This is just like LAL vs. BOS last season. BOS had beaten LAL twice handily in the regular season yet everyone ignored that fact because LAL was the hot new thing going into the playoffs.

i LUV da SpURZ
03-31-2009, 11:12 PM
ive nevver hurd him anounce

Rogue
04-01-2009, 06:22 AM
we all expect your brilliant announcing works. It's a good way for us to develop our language skills to listen to the speeches given by foreigners. ask your own guts if you're good enough to speak english, djohn, please stay away from commenting on the natives speakers before you can speak it as good as they do.

Bukefal
04-01-2009, 06:39 AM
hes great!

Thunder Dan
04-01-2009, 07:07 AM
Say what you want about him, he does know the game

KidCongo
04-01-2009, 07:37 AM
LOL Kobe was basically dead that game and barely contributed offensively.

And what about the game before that when Bynum was playing and the Lakers thoroughly trashed the Cavs?

This is just like LAL vs. BOS last season. BOS had beaten LAL twice handily in the regular season yet everyone ignored that fact because LAL was the hot new thing going into the playoffs.

LA was the hot thing in the playoffs because they blitzed most of their competition and Boston couldn't win on the road until the ECF.

Thunder Dan
04-01-2009, 08:50 AM
it would be one thing if he was doing games on ESPN, but he is paid by the Cavs to broadcast to other Cavs fans. That is the difference. I want my home crew rooting for the Cavs and that is what I get with AC. I get a guy that is really smart when it comes to basketball, but he also happens to sound like he belongs in the upper deck. I find it funny and enjoyable. I hate having a bunch of lame suits announcing games. He is great. I loved when he wanted to fight Al Harrington in the middle of a game back in November. He was calling him all these names and stuff and was about to throw down- see that's awesome.

stretch
04-01-2009, 08:55 AM

:tu

and its not even close

The Gemini Method
04-01-2009, 12:21 PM
AC is better than chic hern

I normally don't have an issue in backing your team's announcers, but when you make blasphemous remarks like this you lose some credibility. Chick Hearns calls a better game from the grave than Austin Carr will ever call for the next 100 years. The guy doesn't give any insight to anything other than saying King James drives to the rim or Delonte West makes his first shot and now he's on fire. Anyhow, there is no way you can ever joke or seriously compare the two. Hearns was legendary. Carr is discretionary.