PDA

View Full Version : Bowlen: Broncos will try to trade Cutler

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
03-31-2009, 08:06 PM
Like sands through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives. . .

Numerous attempts to contact Jay Cutler in the last 10 days, both by Head Coach Josh McDaniels and myself, have been unsuccessful. A conversation with his agent earlier today clearly communicated and confirmed to us that Jay no longer has any desire to play for the Denver Broncos. We will begin discussions with other teams in an effort to accommodate his request to be traded.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/31/bowlen-says-broncos-will-try-to-trade-cutler/

ducks
03-31-2009, 08:43 PM
trade him to the lowly seahawks

Pistons < Spurs
03-31-2009, 08:57 PM
Great off season Denver!

:lol:lol:lol:lmao:lmao:lmao

johnsmith
03-31-2009, 09:30 PM
Great off season Denver!

:lol:lol:lol:lmao:lmao:lmao

No shit right.

Cutler is now my least favorite player of all time in all of pro sports and Josh McDaniels is making a fast run at my least favorite coach.

I'm rooting for the Denver Broncos next season, not any of the players besides Eddie Royal, Champ Bailey, Brian Dawkins, and Ryan Clady.

mardigan
03-31-2009, 10:24 PM
I would imagine they are going to be able to get quite a bit for him. Still, I guess it's complete rebuilding mode for the Broncos, which sucks because the NFL is a better league when they are good.

yavozerb
03-31-2009, 11:46 PM
I would imagine they are going to be able to get quite a bit for him. Still, I guess it's complete rebuilding mode for the Broncos, which sucks because the NFL is a better league when they are good.

How about the rest of the league is good when the broncos are bad!!

IronMexican
03-31-2009, 11:49 PM
I hope they don't get Quinn and Shaun Rodgers. Thats scary.

NewJerSpur
04-01-2009, 01:09 AM
trade him to the lowly seahawks

Why would Denver do that to the rest of the league? :toast

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

jack sommerset
04-01-2009, 09:08 AM
That new coach is a idiot.

04-01-2009, 09:27 AM
I hope they don't get Quinn and Shaun Rodgers. Thats scary.

Dude, watching Rogers fat ass come to the sidelines every other play in the high altitude would be entertaining.

Quinn/Rogers for Cutler would be all fail for the Broncos.

IronMexican
04-01-2009, 09:37 AM
How long do you guys give McDaniels? I say 2 years.

SpuronyourFace
04-01-2009, 09:54 AM
The Broncos and McDaniels are idiots for trying to trade for Cassel behind Cutlers back. What, they think Cassel is better than Cutler???? That move would of made no sense for me if Im a Bronco's fan. Thats a Raiders move if anything else.

On the same note, Cutler needs to quit being a sissy little bitch. The NFL is a business after all. If he goes to a place like NY, with his "easily hurt feelings", the media will have a feeding freenzy on their hands and plenty of fodder for commentary articles.

Trade Cutler to Kansas City and be done with it...Both teams get what they want, and that would make for good theater with those teams meeting twice a year.

IronMexican
04-01-2009, 10:11 AM
What could the Lions do to land Cutler? Trade Corey Redding and the #1 pick? Then hope BJ Raji falls to the 13 pick, and nab Raji. That would make their run D one of the top 5.

Whisky Dog
04-01-2009, 11:44 AM
The only trade that makes sense to me is with Buffalo. Trent Edwards is a good young QB - not as good as cutler but at least a good young QB to replace Cutler. Buffalo throws in their 1st rounder as well. Cutler put up 4,500 yds and 25 TDs on a bad team, he's the real deal.

Whisky Dog
04-01-2009, 11:46 AM
When are organizations going to learn? You don't hire Belichicks offensive coaches. Belichick runs the offense, his coordinator is an errand boy. Ask Notre Dame.

monosylab1k
04-01-2009, 11:55 AM
When are organizations going to learn? You don't hire Belichicks offensive coaches. Belichick runs the offense, his coordinator is an errand boy. Ask Notre Dame.

Belichick is a defensive guy. He's never run the offense. Why do you think they've used the same defense all these years but have change their offensive gameplans as much as they change coordinators? They've gone from being a ball control, run heavy offense to a West Coast style to a spread.

The Franchise
04-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Even though Cutler is a bitch, I can understand why he felt he could not trust the coach. First you try to trade me for an inferior QB, then try to lie about it. When you finally do own up you tell me I could still be traded, and never really apologize for being a prick in the first place. I would still have played my contract out though, so that when I left the team would have no type of leverage. Pat Bowlen is a dumb ass for letting a good, young quarterback go, but he is the owner so hey. My Broncos are going to be irrelevant for the forseeable future behind this.

IronMexican
04-01-2009, 02:41 PM
If you are a great player, it's almost impossible to hit free agency. Franchise tagging ruins the NFL.

JamStone
04-01-2009, 02:48 PM
What could the Lions do to land Cutler? Trade Corey Redding and the #1 pick? Then hope BJ Raji falls to the 13 pick, and nab Raji. That would make their run D one of the top 5.

Lions already traded Redding to Seattle for Julian Peterson.

They'd likely have to trade the #1 overall plus something else. But, it's not like they have many other assets, and they'd be pretty foolish to trade away multiple high picks for Cutler when they have so many needs.

I think the Lions should feign serious interest but ultimately not try to trade for Cutler.

jack sommerset
04-01-2009, 03:54 PM
I hope the Jets get him. I wish the Cowboys would but that won't happen.

IronMexican
04-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Totally forgot about Redding going to Seattle.

Thunder Dan
04-01-2009, 04:04 PM
the Browns would not trade Shaun Rogers- things have been worked out with him and the org.

NewJerSpur
04-01-2009, 09:37 PM
I don't know if I can blame McDaniels for wanting his guy, or even going after him. But, he was dumb in

1) Sucking up to Cutler coming in and then trying to get rid of him, so to speak.

2) Not being truthful with Cutler, allegedly, with how the whole situation came to be.

3) Trusting in Belicheat whom he betrayed by leaving the Pats before he could finish grooming Tom Brady's replacement.

4) Allowing the story to get leaked.

5) And most importantly, NOT GETTING THE DAMN DEAL DONE....he should have at least started looking into it earlier upon Cassel's tagging.

ducks
04-01-2009, 11:57 PM
looks like redskins want him
redskins are shopping jason also now

ducks
04-01-2009, 11:58 PM
I understand the coach wanting a quarterback knowing his system
the coach will get the blame if denver struggles
with cutler he would struggle to learn the new o
it would take 2 years

ducks
04-02-2009, 12:00 AM
oh cutler
if you suck in redskins you will hear it

Obstructed_View
04-02-2009, 12:19 AM
the Browns would not trade Shaun Rogers- things have been worked out with him and the org.

There's a wide receiver that we'd be willing to part with...

Thunder Dan
04-02-2009, 06:51 AM
There's a wide receiver that we'd be willing to part with...

as much as I think they would like to part with Braylon- I can't seem them doing it. They are already thin at the spot, there is nothing they could get in return that would fill his spot. Big, strong WR's are hard to find, so even with his problems, they will likely keep him.

monosylab1k
04-02-2009, 10:04 AM
First you try to trade me for an inferior QB

Not saying Cassel is anything great, but you guys severely overrate Jay Cutler. The dude is a loser, bottom line.

johnsmith
04-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Not saying Cassel is anything great, but you guys severely overrate Jay Cutler. The dude is a loser, bottom line.

Although Cutler is my least favorite player ever to wear a pro uniform, I will once again state for the ten millionth time, it's not his fault the defense has been terrible throughout his career.

monosylab1k
04-02-2009, 11:09 AM
Although Cutler is my least favorite player ever to wear a pro uniform, I will once again state for the ten millionth time, it's not his fault the defense has been terrible throughout his career.

Peyton Manning dealt with some godawful defenses in his time too. He still at least got his team into the playoffs.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with Mark Schlereth, but he said it best - Anybody can look good for 3 quarters, but it takes mental toughness & character to be good in the 4th quarter. Cutler doesn't have the mental toughness & character to be a 4th quarter playmaker. He has a loser's mentality, he had it in college, and he's got it in the pros. He's a loser.

johnsmith
04-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Peyton Manning dealt with some godawful defenses in his time too. He still at least got his team into the playoffs.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with Mark Schlereth, but he said it best - Anybody can look good for 3 quarters, but it takes mental toughness & character to be good in the 4th quarter. Cutler doesn't have the mental toughness & character to be a 4th quarter playmaker. He has a loser's mentality, he had it in college, and he's got it in the pros. He's a loser.

Alright, I can agree to this to a certain extent especially because he folds when under any pressure at all.

04-02-2009, 11:14 AM
For the price it's going to take to get Cutler, I'd rather have Stafford.

And Stafford is flawed, but at least he doesn't seem to be the primadonna Jay seems to be.

johnsmith
04-02-2009, 11:17 AM
And Stafford is flawed, but at least he doesn't seem to be the primadonna Jay seems to be.

Exactly. I think Detroit would screw this up if they go after Cutler.

monosylab1k
04-02-2009, 11:22 AM
And does Jay Cutler think we all forgot his little "I want to be traded!!!" rants he's been having for a month now? Is he really this stupid?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4034863

"I was surprised they decided to trade me this soon," Cutler told FoxSports.com. "I didn't want to get traded. This wasn't me. They [The Broncos] had been going back and forth saying things, wanting me to be their quarterback and then they didn't.

:lmao

04-02-2009, 03:48 PM
For what it's worth:

The Redskins are close to completing a deal for Denver quarterback Jay Cutler, according to an NFL source.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sports/Redskins-Cutler-trade-42337677.html

Snyder will never learn that you can't trade away all of your draft picks every year and build a consistent winner.

IronMexican
04-02-2009, 03:50 PM
A franchise QB is totally different.

Those are the hardest things to find in the NFL.

04-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Maybe if he wouldn't change OCs every year Campbell would develop into one.

Eight different OCs the last eight years sure doesn't help a young QB improve.

jack sommerset
04-02-2009, 03:54 PM
If the Skins land this guy they are the favorites in the NFC. Usually Synder gets old players past their prime and over pays for them. He gets a 25 year old with that cannon, Yikes! Plus they have a hell of a Defense. Man can u imagine if Jason Taylor was still there along with Sean Taylor. Holy shit!

04-02-2009, 03:54 PM
The rumored deal is Campbell, #13 and another player which I'm guessing is Carlos Rogers.

Wondering how the hell they are going to fit his enormous contract extension under the cap. Or do they not give him one?

IronMexican
04-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Cambel, the 13 and Rodgers is a steal for Cutler.

bostonguy
04-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Typical of the Skins to do this. Cutler is a nice pickup but trade/free agency is only part of how you build an elite team. You must be able to draft well. The Skins are going to be in cap hell and in the short term...they will still have the same type of success. They will either start off strong and falter like this year or they will start off slow, finish the year strong and make it no further than the 2nd round.

04-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Well, apparently he's a Bear:

http://www.nfl.com/

04-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Rumored to be 2 1s, a 3 and Orton.

Holy schnikes if that's true.

IronMexican
04-02-2009, 04:28 PM
THey just said the CHicago Sun Times said its for:
2009 1st round pick
2009 3rd round pick
2010 1st round pick
Kyle Orton

PER NFLN

dknights411
04-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Rumored to be 2 1s, a 3 and Orton.

Holy schnikes if that's true.

That's a VERY shrewed move for the Broncos if that's the case.

04-02-2009, 04:31 PM
I'd consider that deal if Cutler wasn't being such a bitch.

That's a large haul and could set up the Broncos for years to come.

IronMexican
04-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Broncos got ALOT in return.

jack sommerset
04-02-2009, 07:17 PM
ESPN has a poll. Who got the better trade. Over 130,000 people have voted. Dead even and 50/50. I think Bears got the better end because they know what they have in Cutler but who knows, maybe they can land 2 great players with those picks!

johnsmith
04-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Kyle Fucking Orton and Chris Fucking Simms.

FUCK YOU JOSH MCDANIELS, FUCK YOU.

dirk4mvp
04-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Kyle Fucking Orton and Chris Fucking Simms.

FUCK YOU JOSH MCDANIELS, FUCK YOU.

lol orton