PDA

View Full Version : Shaq to Robin Lopez "If you're going to be a big man, be a big man!"

Indazone
03-31-2009, 08:41 PM
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/sun...t-sunsshaq.html (http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2009/03/30/20090330spt-sunsshaq.html)

Suns center Shaquille O'Neal did not have much to say about Sacramento center Spencer Hawes posting a career-high 20 points on Sunday night, other than to call out the Suns guards for making the team's post defense vulnerable by allowing penetration.

But he did have words about another center, rookie teammate Robin Lopez.

O'Neal and Lopez had an animated talk during a break late in Thursday's loss in Portland.

"Put somebody on their (expletive) back," O'Neal said he told Lopez. "Don't let anybody oopsy-doopsy layup on you and be laughing at you. Have you ever seen me get dunked on? No, because I put (expletive) on their backs. Period.

"If you're going to be a big man, be a big man. Don't be out there (expletive) around. Lay somebody on their (expletive) back. Period. Wilt (Chamberlain) told me that. Bill Russell told me that. Hakeem (Olajuwon) told me that. All the great big men told me that. . . . That's what I'm trying to teach him, instead of just being out there like a loose tree blowing in the wind. Do something."

O'Neal called Lopez "the future."

"He's got to toughen up," he said. "Step up. He's got some big shoes to fill because after I'm done, it's his turn."

xtremesteven33
03-31-2009, 08:42 PM
In other words:

"Dont play position defense....knock their ass down"

TheTruth
03-31-2009, 08:57 PM
If truly grown to really really like Shaq over the course of this season.

BUMP
03-31-2009, 08:58 PM
Have you ever seen me get dunked on? No

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1myF3dqnWo&feature=related

SenorSpur
03-31-2009, 09:42 PM
Shaq should also instruct the kid on how to play proper pick-n-roll defense. Oh wait. I forgot. Shaq doesn't play pick-n-roll defense. My bad.

TDMVPDPOY
03-31-2009, 09:50 PM
lol shaq never dunk on? thats cause he doesnt attempt to fkn block dunk attempts from the opposin player...

itzsoweezee
03-31-2009, 09:52 PM
didn't, of all people, kevin willis abuse shaq in the playoffs?

Thomas82
03-31-2009, 10:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1myF3dqnWo&feature=related

And then after getting dunked on he got the Mutombo finger-wag.

SenorSpur
03-31-2009, 10:32 PM
And then after getting dunked on he got the Mutombo finger-wag.

I saw Derrick Coleman on NBATV a few weeks ago, where he discussed that specific play that occurred during that game. He said that he was abusing Shaq during the first half of that game. Shaq apparently got pissed and promised them that he was going to rip down the backboard in the 2nd half. Of course, that is exactly what he did. You'll remember this play.

ZAfG7NhZD00

According to Coleman, Shaq later threatened that he was "gonna go for 50." Coleman laughed then said with a straight face, "there was no he gonna get 50 on me. Not in the Brendon Byrne arena. At least not with me on the floor anyway".

lefty
03-31-2009, 10:32 PM
Does that mean Shaq will fax him is off-season diet ?

pauls931
03-31-2009, 11:04 PM
Dunked on or not, I support shaq here. Someone needs to rip lopez a new one until he starts playing like a man, or GTFO.

Xylus
03-31-2009, 11:08 PM
Good luck to Shaq in whipping this fucker into shape. Robin Lopez is garbage.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-31-2009, 11:11 PM
I see no problem with Shaq getting on his teammate. Sounds more like tough love. He deserves to be mad after dropping one against the worst team in the league.

Austin_Toros
04-01-2009, 01:38 AM
Well, Shaq is talking to the dud Lopez!!

pauls931
04-01-2009, 08:20 AM
Lopez should reimburse shaq for the oxygen he is consuming trying to help him.

SpuronyourFace
04-01-2009, 09:59 AM
"Yo Robin, tell me how my ass tastes"

-Shaq

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-01-2009, 11:33 AM
This is a little mean, Lopez is horrible and extremely dumb. I know making sure a player doesn't make the shot when you foul is common sense, but Lopez severely lacks that.

Fermixalot
04-01-2009, 11:46 AM
KMMgJjaDZXI

i LUV da SpURZ
04-01-2009, 11:53 AM
robin iz a gurlz name :blah:blah

Cry Havoc
04-01-2009, 12:29 PM
I see no problem with Shaq getting on his teammate. Sounds more like tough love. He deserves to be mad after dropping one against the worst team in the league.

How about Shaq taking some responsibility for his team not making the playoffs?

Oh, that's right. He's never done wrong on an NBA court. :rolleyes

Shaq is exactly the WRONG kind of NBA star, and it's amazing to me that teams and people tolerate him. His ego-driven, machismo-oozing self worship has done exactly nothing except rip on teammates for the past few years, and it's pathetic. He sets a horrible standard for NBA stars everywhere, and everyone accepts it because, "Well, he's funny!"

Makes me sick. As if humor is suddenly a passport to be a complete asshole to everyone involved.

IronMexican
04-01-2009, 12:31 PM
How many 36 year olds have you seen carry a team? MJ..... and?

Cry Havoc
04-01-2009, 12:36 PM
How many 36 year olds have you seen carry a team? MJ..... and?

Then maybe he should STFU. He didn't carry his team when he was 33, in fact, he hasn't carried a team since he left L.A. Yet he continues to criticize other players for their game lacking. If Lopez was 320 pounds I bet he could knock a few people out of the way to get points, but they'd probably call him for charging since he isn't a star.

MrChug
04-01-2009, 01:50 PM
Robin Lopez DOES suck, but Snaqqie just gets more and more bitter every year he ages.

"Have you ever seen me get dunked on?" ...yes, quite a bit you loser fuck. Just google it.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-01-2009, 03:02 PM
It's disgusting how the Phoenix media has gotten the world to buy into the idea that the Suns should blame their demise on Shaq. God forbid they upset the Nash T-baggers.

Indazone
04-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Lets just see how much of a Big Man Shaq is tonight when he goes up against Yao.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Lets just see how much of a Big Man Shaq is tonight when he goes up against Yao.

Judging by his % against Yao this year he'd do great against Yao if he had a PG who wanted the team to win. Instead he has a PG who wants a big contract in 2010 and has more important things to worry about.

pauls931
04-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Shaq has every right to get on Lopez. The kid has been underachieving to an amazing degree and getting walked on on the court. Shaq has had a great season so I think he gets the right to rip on someone. Stupid spurs fans always ripping on big men not named Duncan...