PDA

View Full Version : this was the lowest IQ I've seen from this team in a LONG time..

HarlemHeat37
03-31-2009, 09:53 PM
fucking pathetic..

Pop starts everything..I don't even have to explain my reasoning, everybody should know his mistakes by now..

no timeout at the end..

Jacque Vaughn with NUMEROUS fouls out of stupidity, just ridiculous..

horrible passes everywhere..the Thunder actually read a number of our STUPID fucking plays and got points off turnovers..

just ridiculous..

I thought this was a smart team..

Amuseddaysleeper
03-31-2009, 09:54 PM
Welcome aboard

SenorSpur
03-31-2009, 09:56 PM
I also thought that a championship-caliber team KNEW how to close out games. Let's see. OKC (twice), Rockets, Celtics, Hornets.... the list keeps growing. This team simply hasn't shown itself capable of executing and closing out close games. At home or on the road. Quite uncharacteristic.

Creation88
03-31-2009, 09:57 PM
mentally weak.

Spursmania
03-31-2009, 09:58 PM
I also thought that a championship-caliber team KNEW how to close out games. Let's see. OKC (twice), Rockets, Celtics, Hornets.... the list keeps growing. This team simply hasn't shown itself capable of executing and closing out close games. At home or on the road. Quite uncharacteristic.
:tu:tu

Amuseddaysleeper
Weren't we also slumping a bit heading into the 2008 playoffs? I remember getting blown out by LA in the race for the #1 seed, and getting crushed by Utah (though we did get revenge at the end of the season).

That team fared 10 times better than I thought they would come playoff time, maybe they just need one solid game to start righting the ship.

Capt Bringdown
The day we all feared has arrived. We are not legit title contenders. Not even close.

TheChillFactor
03-31-2009, 09:59 PM
it just fucking kills me that ginobili fucked us by playing last summer.

KenGee21
03-31-2009, 10:05 PM
Only watched a few minutes of this one, but its almost like deja-vu at this point. I've watched these type of losses a number of times over the past few weeks.

No excuses, no moral victories, if you aren't prepared to beat the Thunder at home, especially after the last game we played, then you really need to re-evaluate your team if you are going to have any success in the playoffs.

BlackSwordsMan
03-31-2009, 10:06 PM
I think eva banging other dudes is finally getting to parker

onarollbaby
03-31-2009, 10:07 PM
Pop is sacrificing the Spurs defense by not playing Bowen. He is fielding players with more offensive capabilities and now it backfired. Put Bruce in the line-up or at least give him some playing time to restore order in the Spurs defense.

mexicanjunior
03-31-2009, 10:09 PM
The day we all feared has arrived. We are not legit title contenders. Not even close.

Some on this board noticed it at the beginning of the year and called for tanking...guess they knew what they were talking about.

SenorSpur
03-31-2009, 10:11 PM
Pop has sold out his defensive soul for more offense. Except the offensive dry spells still persist.

boutons_deux
03-31-2009, 10:14 PM
32 pts first qtr, 16 points 2nd qtr.

Spurs are reliably dysfunctional in 2nd qtrs.

5-5 in Last10 on April 1st

One of the worst Spurs teams in several years. The worst since 2003?

xtremesteven33
03-31-2009, 10:15 PM
Pop has sold out his defensive soul for more offense. Except the offensive dry spells still persist.

ur right.

Sold his soul to the offensive devil:downspin:

spursnatic
03-31-2009, 10:18 PM
The SPURS really have to get their shit together, and I mean quick!! We lost 3 games we should have won recently. And tonights loss fucking dropped us to the fucking 4 seed with 5 and 6 seeds right on our ass too..The SPURS are better than this man. And we have 3 games in a row on the road. Indiana will not sit down because they are not too far from being right back in the playoffs theirselves...Cleveland is going to be a tough game, especially the way they are playing lately..And you all know they think they owe us an ass wooping, after what we done to them in the 2007 finals?...And then back in my neck of the woods, Oklahoma City...I don't know if you guys are aware of how loud it gets in the Ford Center?...And you know after the way we've played these fucks all year, they probably think they can beat us every fucking time we step out on the floor?...So if they want to go far into the playoffs, they better step it up..Because if we keep playing like this, we might not make it at all?...The season is still not over yet..This sucks..:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2::flag:

Spursmania
03-31-2009, 10:22 PM
This was a very winnable game. Now the Spurs have to win almost every game. There goes any rest for the big three. Great just what we needed. I wonder why the Laker fans are so quiet tonight. Usually they are rubbing these losses in our faces.

timaios
03-31-2009, 10:25 PM
This was a very winnable game. Now the Spurs have to win almost every game. There goes any rest for the big three. Great just what we needed. I wonder why the Laker fans are so quiet tonight. Usually they are rubbing these losses in our faces.

Because they lost tonight against Charlotte.

Spursmania
03-31-2009, 10:25 PM
Since when do we depend on 3's to close out games. What happened to driving it in for the fouls or the baskets? All we needed here at the end was Parker or Manu to drive it in. Amazing Pop didn't call a time-out.

Spursmania
03-31-2009, 10:26 PM
Because they lost tonight against Charlotte.

That's right. And dammit, we always seem to lose when the Lakers lose as well. Sucks.

peskypesky
03-31-2009, 10:27 PM

hmmm...well since the Lakers lost to the Bobcats tonight, I guess they're not contenders either.

mexicanjunior
03-31-2009, 10:30 PM
hmmm...well since the Lakers lost to the Bobcats tonight, I guess they're not contenders either.

The Bobcats are actually still in contention to make the playoffs...OKC is far from it...

Spursone
03-31-2009, 10:30 PM
:downspin:I thought for a moment it was a sick Popovich Experiment, but than I realized the Spurs just Fucking Suck!:depressedDefense? Closure? Intensity?
Decision Making? Use of Time Outs?:bang

SouthTexasRancher
03-31-2009, 10:33 PM
Congrats To The Cleveland Cavs...2009 NBA Champions!!!

And BTW...The Spurs SUCK!!!

SenorSpur
03-31-2009, 10:34 PM
Since when do we depend on 3's to close out games. What happened to driving it in for the fouls or the baskets? All we needed here at the end was Parker or Manu to drive it in. Amazing Pop didn't call a time-out.

:tu

HarlemHeat37
03-31-2009, 10:46 PM
tanking comments are ridiculous though..

there are only 2 teams that look good enough to win a title right now, Cleveland and LA..even Boston has been inconsistent and looks like shit..

very poor season for the NBA..

mexicanjunior
03-31-2009, 10:48 PM
tanking comments are ridiculous though..

there are only 2 teams that look good enough to win a title right now, Cleveland and LA..even Boston has been inconsistent and looks like shit..

very poor season for the NBA..

Ridiculous or not, wouldn't the prospect of having a chance of getting Griffin or at least improving the team with anyone be nice? We only have an embarrassing playoff exit followed by a barren off season to look forward to now...

HarlemHeat37
03-31-2009, 10:53 PM
you can say that about every other team in the NBA other than Cleveland and LA..maybe Boston..

realistically, if we "tanked", we'd get an irrelevant pick at the end of the lottery in a weak draft..

mexicanjunior
03-31-2009, 10:55 PM
realistically, if we "tanked", we'd get an irrelevant pick at the end of the lottery in a weak draft..

The picks only get weaker after the first round, which is where we are headed now...

HarlemHeat37
03-31-2009, 11:06 PM
we aren't going to be developing picks next year..

we already have projects..Hill, Mahinmi, Hairston, Gist..these guys are the projects on the team..