PDA

View Full Version : Why were losing close games

anonoftheinternets
03-31-2009, 10:54 PM
Payback for all those close games we won earlier in the season, all the latest losses are four points or less. Its just the law of averages straightening out the spurs.

Of course we should be playing better, but we are often on the receiving end of some really really bad luck these days. Lets hope we finish up our bad luck in the regular season before the playoffs begin.

:flag:

* @ apostrophe :-)

mexicanjunior
03-31-2009, 10:57 PM
Of course we should be playing better, but we are often on the receiving end of some really really bad luck these days. Lets hope we finish up our bad luck in the regular season before the playoffs begin.

I don't think luck has much to do with it. This team is playing poorly and putting themselves in position to fail consistently.

SouthTexasRancher
03-31-2009, 11:01 PM
Payback for all those close games we won earlier in the season, all the latest losses are four points or less. Its just the law of averages straightening out the spurs.

Sorry, but this team is too old, too slow, not athletic, weak mentally, out of shape physically, and every team in the NBA has figured out Pop's system. The time has come that we need to rebuild. It has been a great run but, this happens to every team in every sport at every level. This will be a very active off season unless hardheaded Pop decides he can win next year with this team in which case Holt should fire him. We need new blood, plain and simple!

ElNono
03-31-2009, 11:02 PM
Sorry, but this team is too old, too slow, not athletic, weak mentally, out of shape physically, and every team in the NBA has figured out Pop's system. The time has come that we need to rebuild. It has been a great run but, this happens to every team in every sport at every level. This will be a very active off season unless hardheaded Pop decides he can win next year with this team in which case Holt should fire him. We need new blood, plain and simple!

Jeez... some fan you are... if you hurry up, you can catch the lakers or cavaliers bandwagon before the season ends...

HarlemHeat37
03-31-2009, 11:04 PM
it's funny that we're "predictable, slow, old" and whatever, but we had the #2 seed going into this game, despite major injuries..if you're going to complain, at least have an argument..

in regards to the thread..

we shouldn't be in these situations in these games..and when we've gotten there, horrible execution..there's been no play calling, no management, and just plain choking..missing 6 FTs in a row against Boston was unreal..

i LUV da SpURZ
03-31-2009, 11:07 PM
if i dont see ime/vaughn/fab leav dis summa im goin 2 run a raozr blade up n down my arm nnnn y hill got 0 minz 2nitee?? he'z da avrg age 0f da thunder i thnk he can compete well .

SouthTexasRancher
03-31-2009, 11:14 PM
Jeez... some fan you are... if you hurry up, you can catch the lakers or cavaliers bandwagon before the season ends...

Yep, kid, I've earned the right to speak my mind after spending over $20,000.00 per season for season tickets, food, fuel, etc., for too many seasons. I expect at the very least for my team too at least give a damn. You can go around kissing people's ass all you want but, I'm just not into that. Now go play with someone else because I just don't have time for weak-minded people like you!

SouthTexasRancher
03-31-2009, 11:18 PM
it's funny that we're "predictable, slow, old" and whatever, but we had the #2 seed going into this game, despite major injuries..if you're going to complain, at least have an argument..

in regards to the thread..

we shouldn't be in these situations in these games..and when we've gotten there, horrible execution..there's been no play calling, no management, and just plain choking..missing 6 FTs in a row against Boston was unreal..

Keep puffing on the bong...one of these days you will wake-up from the trance you find yourself in on a nightly basis.

HarlemHeat37
03-31-2009, 11:19 PM
arguments bro, arguments..give me some arguments..

SouthTexasRancher
03-31-2009, 11:27 PM
arguments bro, arguments..give me some arguments..

Arguments-smarguments. Get yer'self a pair of glasses and pay attention when watching the Spurs stumble, bumble and fumble. Time for you to awaken from your long time out period.

ElNono
03-31-2009, 11:33 PM
Yep, kid, I've earned the right to speak my mind after spending over $20,000.00 per season for season tickets, food, fuel, etc., for too many seasons. I expect at the very least for my team too at least give a damn. You can go around kissing people's ass all you want but, I'm just not into that. Now go play with someone else because I just don't have time for weak-minded people like you!

LOL. You gave 20K to the Spurs so you can have the right to... bitch and moan in Spurstalk!
Keep it up son. :tu

And please, when you're done venting on every thread, call Holt and see if you can get your money back. :lmao

HarlemHeat37
03-31-2009, 11:34 PM
I've been negative about this loss, and I don't think we're a legit contender right now..but your argument is that the Spurs have been figured out, yet we were still #2 in the West going into the game, despite major injuries..

so I'm just asking you how it happened..

the thing about me..I don't mind the negative posters if they can back their arguments up..but the stupid posters like you bother me..so prove me wrong..

ducks
03-31-2009, 11:39 PM
because manu refuses to call timeout

SouthTexasRancher
03-31-2009, 11:58 PM
LOL. You gave 20K to the Spurs so you can have the right to... bitch and moan in Spurstalk!
Keep it up son. :tu

And please, when you're done venting on every thread, call Holt and see if you can get your money back. :lmao

Kid, me thinks you'd prefer to live in a country like Cuba or Iran or Venezuela where you don't have the Freedom to speak your mind. As for myself I prefer the good ol' US of A. If you need the money for the one-way trip let me know because I'll gladly buy you a ticket to a place that suits you better than America seems too. G'nite, kid.

SouthTexasRancher
04-01-2009, 12:02 AM
I've been negative about this loss, and I don't think we're a legit contender right now..but your argument is that the Spurs have been figured out, yet we were still #2 in the West going into the game, despite major injuries..

so I'm just asking you how it happened..

the thing about me..I don't mind the negative posters if they can back their arguments up..but the stupid posters like you bother me..so prove me wrong..

Not many here 'bouts dumber than you heat, so talk to yourself. If you can't see what so many others see with this years Spurs team then you don't know jack about basketball. If you think this Spurs team is going to turn it on and win it all this year then let me introduce you to a guy who not only has the Brooklyn Bridge for sale but, he'll throw in a couple hundred acres of nice Florida swamp land.

I sincerely hope you come to your senses soon so you can finally see the reality of the situation.

Now G'nite to you as well.

ElNono
04-01-2009, 12:06 AM
Kid, me thinks you'd prefer to live in a country like Cuba or Iran or Venezuela where you don't have the Freedom to speak your mind. As for myself I prefer the good ol' US of A. If you need the money for the one-way trip let me know because I'll gladly buy you a ticket to a place that suits you better than America seem too. G'nite, kid.

So did you talk to Holt? Is he getting you 5K back? :lol
And FWIW, I've been to Venezuela many years ago and there was no problem speaking your mind back then. And while I know Chavez is a clown, he's not 'disappearing' dissidents or anything of the sort. But you keep watching Fox News, son.

SenorSpur
04-01-2009, 12:10 AM
This team has looked this way all season. They still struggle to score. They can no longer defend adequately enough to get stops when they need them most. Their best perimeter defender is racking up DNPs. This team looks as though they are without the skills necessary to overcome the growing matchup problems presented by some opponents. Experience is a great commodity and you need that to win games and go deep in the playoffs. However, if you're getting your tails kicked because you''ve got matchup disadvantages at various positions, no amount of experience can make up the difference. Now the unthinkable is starting to happen. The Spurs have been unable to finish games and make plays to win games. All this bears asking the question, has this team fallen off the age cliff?

What beat them tonight? A very young and athletically, superior Thunder team. Remember how Portland, another athleticially superior team, ran them out of the gym, in their second matchup at the Rose Garden? That game was over in the 2nd quarter. Remember how the Sixers, another talented and gifted team, ran the Spurs out of the gym up in Philly a few months back? That game was also over before halftime? The Spurs simply are unable to counter against athleticially superior teams.

You don't need a team of superior athletes from 1-15, but the lack of quickness and athleticism on this team has long been apparent. Frankly, it's the "elephant in the room" that Pop stubbornly has been hesistant to address. Whatever happens this season, the FO must upgrade this roster considerably over this offseason.

HarlemHeat37
04-01-2009, 12:13 AM
I agree with Senor..the worst thing about benching Bowen for offense, is that our offense hasn't actually gotten better..but our D has..it makes no sense..

also we do need athleticism..but of course our only highly athletic player is sitting behind Jacque Vaughn right now..

I can't wait for next year..really hoping Hill starts developing, Mahinmi can stay healthy, and Hairston can develop a decent J..

xtremesteven33
04-01-2009, 12:14 AM
We have the perfect players to make a championship run IMHO but Pop either refuses to play players or is intentionally losing games for some retarted reason.....

SouthTexasRancher
04-01-2009, 12:17 AM
So did you talk to Holt? Is he getting you 5K back? :lol
And FWIW, I've been to Venezuela many years ago and there was no problem speaking your mind back then. And while I know Chavez is a clown, he's not 'disappearing' dissidents or anything of the sort. But you keep watching Fox News, son.

Kid, Fox Noise Sucks. You sound to me like a Sean Hannity and Rush Limpbrain lover. Go kiss their asses. The 3 of you would enjoy it. As for what is happening down in Venezuela, it is sort of like you are tonight...TOTALLY Out of Touch With REALITY. Maybe you should continue smoking that crap of yours. At least you believe your little make believe world. Now your mommy wants you to go to bed, kid!

timvp
04-01-2009, 12:18 AM
Something seems to be missing. Perhaps an apostrophe.

ElNono
04-01-2009, 12:26 AM
Kid, Fox Noise Sucks. You sound to me like a Sean Hannity and Rush Limpbrain lover. Go kiss their asses. The 3 of you would enjoy it. As for what is happening down in Venezuela, it is sort of like you are tonight...TOTALLY Out of Touch With REALITY. Maybe you should continue smoking that crap of yours. At least you believe your little make believe world. Now your mommy wants you to go to bed, kid!

At least we agree that Fox News suck...
And please, don't let the bandwagon door hit you on the way out. I'm sure the Lakers or Cavaliers would love to take another 20K from you, son. :loser

duncan228
04-01-2009, 12:27 AM
Something seems to be missing. Perhaps an apostrophe.

:lol Thanks. Laughing is good in the middle of the meltdown.