PDA

View Full Version : In this past year........

David Bowie
03-31-2009, 11:23 PM
I am 24 years old.

In the past year,

3 of my friends have gotten great jobs and got into really good ,serious relationships (one got engaged).

One of my firends bought a house

One of my friends got pregnant with her second child

Meanwhile.....

I got layed off from a job that I loved and haven't been able to find a new one.

Still suffer from chronic anxiety and OCD

Have been in a so so relationship for the past 3.5 months that has been more difficult then it should be

Had to move back to my parents home plus some other crap that I don't want to mention on here.

I feel that everybody is leaping forward while I'm moving backwards.

I just feel that life just sucks for me sometimes. :depressed

Sorry, had to vent :(

peewee's lovechild
03-31-2009, 11:27 PM
My right ball was itching all day today.

Try living with that for a while.

Thankfully, the itch has gone away now. But, it really messed with my lifestyle for the entire day.

jaffies
04-01-2009, 12:11 AM
You're 24 years old.

You have time to turn it all around. You should be thanking your lucky stars for the things that you do right now instead of focusing on what you don't have.

For a different prospective on your situation, consider you could be saying this:

I am 84 years old.

In the past year,

3 of my friends lost their fight with cancer and passed on.

One of my firends lost his house

One of my friends lost their first born to an auto accident

Meanwhile.....

I got layed off from the only job that would hire me and haven't had the energy to find a new one.

Still suffer from rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, dementia, diabetes, hearing loss, Parkinson's, COPD, glaucoma, coronary artery disease and valvular heart disease.

Have been in a wonderful relationship for the past 60 years with my beautiful wife who no longer recognizes me due to Alzheimer's.

Had to move back to my kids home plus some other crap that I don't want to mention on here.

I feel that everybody is leaping forward while I can't move at all.

My advice to you is if that you are that upset with the way your life is going, change it.

Blake
04-01-2009, 12:36 AM
I am 24 years old.

In the past year,

3 of my friends have gotten great jobs and got into really good ,serious relationships (one got engaged).

One of my firends bought a house

One of my friends got pregnant with her second child

Meanwhile.....

I got layed off from a job that I loved and haven't been able to find a new one.

Still suffer from chronic anxiety and OCD

Have been in a so so relationship for the past 3.5 months that has been more difficult then it should be

Had to move back to my parents home plus some other crap that I don't want to mention on here.

I feel that everybody is leaping forward while I'm moving backwards.

so you have no ties and you are living at home

unless you plan on hitting the mega lotto, go to school.

David Bowie
04-01-2009, 01:12 AM
^^I probably wouldn't be bitching if my health was just peachy (even if everything else sucked)

^I already graduated from college (Brandeis)

I would go to grad school, but I don't think that I can afford to put myself further into debt. I'm also a lot happier when I'm working then when I'm going to school.

I hope none of this comes off the wrong way, today just kind of sucked.