PDA

View Full Version : Post Game Quotes (Thunder Game)

duncan228
03-31-2009, 11:25 PM
Post Game Quotes (http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/quotes_090331.html)

Gregg Popovich

On the game - "Obviously it was a tough loss. We've been playing up and down. Some nights we play really well and some nights are like tonight. I think the common denominator is we're not hitting our jump shots. We had the same problem in New Orleans. It makes it tough if we're not hitting those shots and a couple of people aren't playing well. Knocking down shots is really important in the NBA and we’re not doing it."

When asked if a timeout should have been called after the ball got knocked out of Tony Parker’s hands and knocked back in bounds - "It should have been a timeout. Absolutely."

When asked if shooting was the main issue right now - "Every team has a number of things they want to improve. No team is perfect or they would be undefeated. We have things we need to improve. We're picking a bad time to be spotty, that’s for sure."

Roger Mason Jr.

On the game - "I think we're just in a bad spot right now. Obviously, we're not playing to the best of our abilities but it happens. Right now, noone is going to pull us out of it. It’s got to come from within. It’ll be a good test for us. I think we'll bounce back. We'll have a good day of practice tomorrow and regroup."

On the difference in play between the first and second halves - "I think in the first half there was more to it. We’re a team that gets stops. We don't depend on having to make shots to win games. I think as of late, we haven't been hitting as many shots as we have been in the past and we’re still not getting those stops. That combination is putting us behind and these games have been close."

Manu Ginobili

On not calling a timeout after he lost control of the ball - "I think it was kind of late after saving the ball. If I was going to call it I should have called it after I caught it but I didn't have a quick shot. I thought I had him but then instead of shooting the runner I thought he was going to block me from behind. I saw Tony (Parker), he was guarded, and it was a bad decision. I should’ve called timeout but now it's easier to say."

On Coach Popovich saying a couple players need to play better - "I think it's a little more than a couple. With a couple it's not going to be enough. We really need to step up. And it's not only with playing better, we really have to support each other more, need to hustle more and have to be tougher. The last couple weeks have not been very good for us and we consider ourselves an experienced and tough team so we have to stick together and stand up now."

Thunder Head Coach Scott Brooks

On the game - "That was just a great game. One of our better played games. We shared the ball well, played so well defensively. We’ve been telling our guys, nothing changes from day to day. We want to just keep getting better every day. Russell Westbrook is an example of that. I am really proud of the way he set the table tonight. Then K.D. was great to follow it up and then our whole bench did a great job behind them."

On his team's offensive performance - "We haven't been playing that well offensively as a team lately, but not tonight. Tonight we did that. We shared the ball well and that is what you have to do against a team like this. To beat a team like the Spurs you have to be almost flawless."

On the Spurs - "We know the Spurs are one of the best teams in basketball. Now with Ginobili back they are still trying to re-establish a rhythm. I really admire Pop, the way he handles himself and this team. They really make every game a 4th quarter game and we stand to learn so much from games like that."

On Kevin Durant - "Watching Kevin Durant get better is just a joy. He is one of those guys who doesn't take any time off. Great ones do that, they utilize every day to get better. He has a beautiful shot and we challenged him to take some of the focus off the long range shot, trying to hit the home run, and focus on shooting from all parts of the floor. He has the length to shoot over just about anyone."

Kevin Durant

On the game - "It's a big win for us tonight. Coming into a building where the Spurs have won so many championships and to get a win, it's a real confidence builder. They are a good team and playing them makes us that much better. They are one of the teams that we watch closely how they play basketball, play defense and how they move the ball."

On playing close to Austin - "I take it one game at a time and have to get up for every game. But it's always fun coming back to San Antonio where I am close to Austin where played basketball as a freshman at Texas."

On playing defense on the Spurs - "We got stop defensive stops, collapsed on their shooters and were able to keep Tony Parker out of the lane. When he would drive and create, we would pack in to make him get it out to the shooters."

Jeff Green

On the game - "We are a young team that is trying to get better and better each game. We are just trying to win games and finish strong along with keep learning how to be a team. To beat a team like San Antonio, who is a powerhouse in the league, is a great win for us. We just need to finish strong so that we can carry some momentum over to next season."

On the Spurs playoff positioning - "There is no doubt that they will be good in the Playoffs. They have great players like Tony Parker, Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili along with excellent shooters like Roger Mason Jr. They are a great team no matter which playoff spot they end up with in the end. They are going to turn it on at some point late in the season. Everyone knows that they are a team that can just flip a switch and turn it on when it is playoff time."

AussieFanKurt
03-31-2009, 11:28 PM
mmmmmm

polandprzem
03-31-2009, 11:29 PM
seems like Pop gave a normal answer

Mugen
03-31-2009, 11:30 PM
thanks for posting 228.

HarlemHeat37
03-31-2009, 11:32 PM
somebody ask him about Bowen..

timaios
03-31-2009, 11:33 PM
On Coach Popovich saying a couple players need to play better - "I think it's a little more than a couple. With a couple it's not going to be enough. We really need to step up. And it's not only with playing better, we really have to support each other more, need to hustle more and have to be tougher. The last couple weeks have not been very good for us and we consider ourselves an experienced and tough team so we have to stick together and stand up now."

On all Spurs fans saying a certain Pop needs to coach better !!!!!

Fixed for you Pop. :toast

DPG21920
I want to sees someone grill Pop the way he grills reporters. Someone take away the softball tee and at least turn it into coaches pitch.

ducks
manu fucking up another game

timaios
03-31-2009, 11:35 PM

Oh, just shut the fuck up already !

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-31-2009, 11:35 PM

Are you demented?

ducks
03-31-2009, 11:36 PM
I guess pop did have enough brains to call a timeout
manu is the one that did not

ducks
03-31-2009, 11:37 PM
manu admitted he fucked up
but his church still thinks he is perfect

Mugen
03-31-2009, 11:39 PM

you're an idiot.

cuz manu was the one who decided to talk shit about OKC and then back it up with a half ass performance.

i love tp but his effort was at about 25% tonight.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-31-2009, 11:39 PM

Dementia confirmed.

ducks
03-31-2009, 11:41 PM
you're an idiot.

cuz manu was the one who decided to talk shit about OKC and then back it up with a half ass performance.

the whole team gave played 25% not just tp
but it is all on tp
because he gets all the blame and no credit when they win

ducks
03-31-2009, 11:41 PM
you're an idiot.

manu was not asked because he is not the best player on the spurs

Mugen
03-31-2009, 11:43 PM
who the fuck was blaming just TP for this loss?

you are the one just blaming manu for the loss.

ElNono
03-31-2009, 11:44 PM

Ehhh... Pop could have called the timeout from the sideline and did not...
And please, after the Tony's no show tonight, you really need to be quiet.
If TP plays halfway decent we don't need a last second shot to try to win this game.

ducks
03-31-2009, 11:45 PM
who the fuck was blaming just TP for this loss?

you are the one just blaming manu for the loss.

manu call timeout
spurs get dunk
spurs win:flag:

duncan228
03-31-2009, 11:47 PM
Recap/Video up.

Duncan taking blame for not calling a time out. "A mental lapse."

http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/090331.html

Mugen
03-31-2009, 11:49 PM
manu call timeout
spurs get dunk
spurs win:flag:
no point in responding to you ducks, you are so delusional its not even funny.

Blackjack
03-31-2009, 11:50 PM
Gregg Popovich

On the game - "Obviously it was a tough loss. We've been playing up and down. Some nights we play really well and some nights are like tonight. I think the common denominator is we're not hitting our jump shots. We had the same problem in New Orleans. It makes it tough if we're not hitting those shots and a couple of people aren't playing well. Knocking down shots is really important in the NBA and we’re not doing it."

Uncertainty can do that Pop. It's not all that conducive to continuity, rhythm, and timing.

Sure, injuries have been a hindrance to finding that certainty, but Pop's done nothing but exasperate it with his rotations and banishments.

Defense is where your breads been buttered, Pop. The fact that I'm hearing about offensive ineptitude from this coach, when it's something that's always been part of the Spurs' equation over the years, makes you believe he's lost his way.

Roger Mason Jr.

On the game - "I think we're just in a bad spot right now. Obviously, we're not playing to the best of our abilities but it happens. Right now, noone is going to pull us out of it. It’s got to come from within. It’ll be a good test for us. I think we'll bounce back. We'll have a good day of practice tomorrow and regroup."

I take it back, Pop.

I wasn't aware of this "noone" guy on the roster, so clearly you've been holding out on us.

Pop really is one C.I.A. sonbitch!;)

superbigtime
03-31-2009, 11:52 PM
Post Game Quotes (http://www.nba.com/spurs/news/quotes_090331.html)

On the Spurs playoff positioning - "There is no doubt that they will be good in the Playoffs. They have great players like Tony Parker, Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili along with excellent shooters like Roger Mason Jr. They are a great team no matter which playoff spot they end up with in the end. They are going to turn it on at some point late in the season. Everyone knows that they are a team that can just flip a switch and turn it on when it is playoff time."

Uh-huh. Right. We'll just turn it on. No problemo.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-31-2009, 11:54 PM
Recap/Video up.

Duncan taking blame for not calling a time out. "A mental lapse."

http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/090331.html

Tim , " i should have called time out "

Ducks has no answer for this post. :lol So much for his blame Manu position

Looks like our players are just being responsible guys and owning up to mistakes made in crunch.

timvp
03-31-2009, 11:56 PM
:pctoss

I can't stand the "we're just missing shots" card Pop pulls. That's the same card he pulled in 2001 when the Lakers were Kobeing the Spurs. That's the same card he pulled in 2004, 2006 and last year.

"We missed some shots" is a cop out ... a stupid cop out. That's not what is ailing this team.

xtremesteven33
04-01-2009, 12:10 AM
so right. When will the dumbfuck admit he can't coach. You don't rely on hail mary three jumpers. You drive the ball and rebound. Its this mindset thats killin the team. Die Pop Die.

:rollin

ElNono
04-01-2009, 12:10 AM

I can't stand the "we're just missing shots" card Pop pulls. That's the same card he pulled in 2001 when the Lakers were Kobeing the Spurs. That's the same card he pulled in 2004, 2006 and last year.

"We missed some shots" is a cop out ... a stupid cop out. That's not what is ailing this team.

He honestly believes that's the only solution to the 'packing the paint' problem.
To me, however, more impressive is his lack of comments about the high scoring in the first half, and the half-ass defense we played then.

xtremesteven33
04-01-2009, 12:11 AM

I always defend Pop to a bunch of his haters (my friends and family) but in this case i cant anymore. Its like some other team has payed him off to lose intentionally.....lets see what happens.....

nz_spur
04-01-2009, 12:49 AM
so right. When will the dumbfuck admit he can't coach. You don't rely on hail mary three jumpers. You drive the ball and rebound. Its this mindset thats killin the team. Die Pop Die.

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2: ... says he can coach.

Death In June
04-01-2009, 12:53 AM
Pop's biggest problem seems to be that he thinks he's being clever and he's too arrogant to see he's the biggest liability on the team right now. People need stop using the four championships excuse to defend his horrible coaching this year. What he's done in the past cannot explain it away - it's an asinine answer.

Austin_Toros
04-01-2009, 01:34 AM
Pop: "I think the common denominator is we're not hitting our jump shots. We had the same problem in New Orleans. It makes it tough if we're not hitting those shots and a couple of people aren't playing well. Knocking down shots is really important in the NBA and we’re not doing it."

We or Finley?

peskypesky
04-01-2009, 01:37 AM

used to coach....now just bumbles

peskypesky
04-01-2009, 01:40 AM
Pop's biggest problem seems to be that he thinks he's being clever

exactly. the guy thinks that because he won 4 Championships he can now totally re-write the game of basketball. ain't going to happen. if you put your inferior players on the court, you will end up losing.

crc21209
04-01-2009, 01:44 AM
Pop has to be playing super possum and going super CIA or I'm gonna seriously shoot myself. :lol

tp2021
04-01-2009, 01:47 AM
I don't even know what to say. it's fucking bizarro-world up in this bitch.

nz_spur
04-01-2009, 02:40 AM
used to coach....now just bumbles

I reserve my judgement until after the post-season. :toast

SA210
04-01-2009, 03:09 AM

Should be more.

benefactor
04-01-2009, 05:41 AM
It makes it tough if we're not hitting those shots and the coach isn't coaching very well.
Fixed.

sonic21
04-01-2009, 05:53 AM

SD = pop?

Bukefal
04-01-2009, 05:54 AM

Exactly, stop bitching on pop already, when some games arent going so well. he is still a great coach. Anyways, manu fucked up a bit, i dont like the situation when he returned, its great that he did, but did not help us at all. Tony has to keep doing his stuff he did almost all season.

boutons_deux
04-01-2009, 06:00 AM
Spurs are 8th in the WC in home games lost

silverblackfan
04-01-2009, 08:24 AM
I maintain that it looks like Pop is fucking with the regular season. He tries out combinations and tells the team that they must keep the game tied by the start of the 4th quarter. The number of close games we have seen this season is unbelievable. Friday should be an eye-opener game after another practice.
It was nice to see flashes of Ginobli taking it to the rack in this game, but TP was not focused at all. Mason has gone into a slump and I am not too upset to see Manu take his place. Now if only Finley could get the same treatment when he has bad games...

Summers
04-01-2009, 09:38 AM
seems like Pop gave a normal answer

Watch the video of his post-game. I bet he went postal in the lockerroom.

crc21209
04-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Spurs are 8th in the WC in home games lost

Who gives a crap about home court? To win a ship' everyone knows you gotta win games on the road anyway...

SpursWench21
04-01-2009, 12:02 PM
I love how the Thunder learn from and respect the Spurs. Their coach sounds like hes taking them in the right direction. Go Spurs!

superbigtime
04-01-2009, 12:17 PM
We will go as far as Ime, Bonner, and Jacque Vaughn take us. Everybody feel better now? Thanks Pop!