PDA

View Full Version : You guys are dumb.

Ignignokt
04-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Pop is gunning for the eight seed to meet the Lakers. It's La or bust, and meeting the lakers in the first round is our best chance to compete with our old team plus we get to play easier teams in the next two.

i'm telling you, either play the lakers now, or play them later with injuries.

SpursWench21
04-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Pop is gunning for the eight seed to meet the Lakers. It's La or bust, and meeting the lakers in the first round is our best chance to compete with our old team plus we get to play easier teams in the next two.

That would be the sweetest, most SHOCKINGLY AWESOME moment if the Spurs someone how dropped to 8th.....played the Lakers...and beat them in 7 in what would come to be known as the best first round matchup in recent history.....(sigh)..wishful thinking. Would be cool, though. GO SPURS!:flag:

HORNSWOGGLE
04-01-2009, 11:08 AM
such a great idea!!!, especialy not having any homecourt at all!!!! yes i love this plan!!!

jag
04-01-2009, 11:09 AM
He's gunning for the 8th seed??

That's why Duncan played 36 min and Ginobili started last night?

crc21209
04-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Please. Pop does not want the 8th seed. We are going to finish either 2 or 3. Because the Rockets, Hornets, and Jazz all have a hellish schedule coming down the rest of the way. Only the Nuggets have a cupcake schedule.

Bukefal
04-01-2009, 11:14 AM
thats crazy BS

101A
04-01-2009, 11:42 AM
such a great idea!!!, especialy not having any homecourt at all!!!! yes i love this plan!!!

How did homecourt work out against the Thunder last night?

Borosai
04-01-2009, 12:12 PM
BULLSHIT!

Pop has Blake Griffin on his mind.

LionZion
04-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Pop didn't intend to lose, but he DIDN'T intend to win at any cost either. Who knows why. He could have done plenty at different points of the game to smother the thunder but he chose not to. FSM only knows what he was trying.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-02-2009, 12:46 AM
As dumb as this sounds at first, I agree...I was saying we should be aiming to play the lakers in the first round back around game 30 or so.

We're not going to have homecourt when we play them anyways, and noone but us has a chance to beat them. If we managed to pull it off, the entire championship run would be totally downhill from there. And if we lost? So what, we'd have lost anyways.

Obstructed_View
04-02-2009, 01:19 AM

Wow, it's not like someone suggested this 24 hours before you did.

Ditty
04-02-2009, 01:33 AM
well beating the lakers in the first round dosent guarantee us a automatic bid to the finals espically playing every series on the road then and i still think new orleans(when healthy),utah(they would have homecourt advantage) or dallas(they always play there best against the spurs) are the only teams that could beat the spurs in a 7 game series

HORNSWOGGLE
04-02-2009, 05:30 AM
How did homecourt work out against the Thunder last night?
obviuosly not, but it was not a playoff game :king

whottt
04-02-2009, 05:39 AM
I gotta admit, it makes more sense than anything else to explain Pop's actions.

polandprzem
04-02-2009, 05:55 AM
Yea I jump into this thread and recognized that I'm really dump for opening it.

I could not even imagin myself to post in this thread ...

urunobili
04-02-2009, 08:08 AM
4 seed and play LA in the second round :toast

Blue Jew
04-02-2009, 08:13 AM
Just like a Spurs fan trying to justify losing another game.

nz_spur
04-02-2009, 09:10 AM
Yea I jump into this thread and recognized that I'm really dump for opening it.

I could not even imagin myself to post in this thread ...

And yet you did??? :lmao:lmao

hater
04-02-2009, 09:10 AM
wrong. Pop is avoiding the 2 teams that COULD beat us in a 7 game series: LA and Dallas. We will probably go down to 4 or 5 seed. that is where Pop wants us.

all going as planned...

LockBeard
04-02-2009, 09:19 AM
I fully support this tactic.

It should have been done last year too!

Obstructed_View
04-02-2009, 09:24 AM
I was watching the '95 west playoffs on ESPN Classic yesterday, and Rudy T rested his vets for the last month of the season. Caught a lot of heat for it, but they won three road series in a row on the way to the title, and Hakeem never had more bounce in his step.

Solid D
04-02-2009, 09:43 AM

Every home playoff game brings in a certain amount of revenue. If the Spurs don't get out of the first round, they normally lose money. You do the math on how financially sound your idea is.

Gervin44Silas13
04-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Let's take on those Fakers......I hope someone puts Kobe out of Commission, with a season ending surgey!:ihit

Gervin44Silas13
04-02-2009, 09:52 AM
I was watching the '95 west playoffs on ESPN Classic yesterday, and Rudy T rested his vets for the last month of the season. Caught a lot of heat for it, but they won three road series in a row on the way to the title, and Hakeem never had more bounce in his step.

Yeah that series sucked I went to every game in that series at the Dome,
Rodman chucking up unwanted 3's......Hill had lost control of that team by the middle of that series....that 1995 title was ours to take...we dominted the whole year, the turning point of that run was when Vanexel hit the game winner in Game 5 in Round 2. We won in LA but THAT was when they knew we could be beat.

Solid D
04-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Every home playoff game brings in a certain amount of revenue. If the Spurs don't get out of the first round, they normally lose money. You do the math on how financially sound your idea is.
In addition to the financial reasons I mentioned against the idea, the team needs to be hitting on all cylinders when they play the very best teams. The Spurs are far from that right now and may need a playoff series against a weaker team to get into a competitive playoff rhythm.