PDA

View Full Version : Parker probable; Ginobili not ready

Kori Ellis
03-16-2005, 01:38 AM
Parker probable; Ginobili not ready
Web Posted: 03/16/2005 12:00 AM CST

Johnny Ludden
Express-News Staff Writer

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA031605.4C.BKNspurs.notebook.1404fc5b2.html

The Spurs hope to have at least one of their starting guards on the floor tonight against Minnesota.

Tony Parker, who missed his first game Monday because of a left quadriceps contusion, was moving better Tuesday and thinks he will be able to play.

The deep bruise left a knot on Parker's thigh.

"I couldn't plant or change directions (Monday), but today I was feeling a lot better," Parker said after Tuesday's workout. "It feels a little bit better. I'm feeling good for tomorrow."

Manu Ginobili has missed the past three games with a right groin strain and isn't sure he will be healthy enough to play against the Timberwolves. He will wait to see how his body reacts to Tuesday's workout.

"We didn't do much contract, so I really couldn't tell how good or bad I feel," Ginobili said. "I know I'm better."

Ginobili injured his groin against New Jersey eight days ago. He can feel the strain when he takes a long stride or makes "explosive moves."

"Without those two, I'm kind of limited," Ginobili said. "That's why I'm a little worried because I can't push off that leg hard."

Ginobili didn't think he would be out this long.

"Sometimes you get hurt and you know it's going to be 10 games, so you're mind is ready to accept that," he said. "I thought it was going to be one game, two days, but this thing is taking a while to heal."

Beno Udrih and Brent Barry combined for 42 points, 11 assists and nine rebounds while starting in place of Parker and Ginobili in Monday's victory over New Orleans.