PDA

View Full Version : Pre-game ritual

parker79
04-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Do Parker or Ginobli have a pre-game ritual right before tip off like Duncan does, cradling the ball and talking to it?

xtremesteven33
04-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Parker hugs alot of players....thats all i see

byrdman31
04-01-2009, 04:33 PM
i like when Duncan hangs on the rim and swings from it during the intro's when the lights are off.

DPG21920
04-01-2009, 04:37 PM
Parker: Meditates to calm himself down, so that he may position himself to exert as little energy as possible against the bottom dwellers, specifically OKC.

Manu: lays down the powder that Lebron throws into the air on the scorer's table in a little line, pretends to snort it, in order to give himself the energy burst that he plays with.

Bonner: lays two towels out like they are slices of bread, proceeds to to place fake sandwich supplies on one "slice" then pours Gatorade on the other as the "condiments" then takes a fake bite. Because his favorite thing in the world is to eat is subs.

Finley: Lays down as if he is dead, while Pop "shovels fake dirt" on top of him. Then Pop goes to Bowen, gets him up, only to see Finley "rise from the dead". Pop then pushes Bowen back into his seat and watches Finley walk to the scorers table like a zombie.

Pop: Acts like he is pouring wine into his Gatorade cup, drinks the fake wine, acts drunk, grabs his dry erase board, and pretends to draw up "drunken plays". All the while playing the "mean drunk" and fake abusing George Hill.

duncan228
04-01-2009, 04:37 PM
i like when Duncan hangs on the rim and swings from it during the intro's when the lights are off.

Me too. It was so cool to finally see him do it in person.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/pregame/0001pre.jpg

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/pregame/4-27ballhug.jpg

lefty
04-01-2009, 04:41 PM
Duncan and Sjax take showers before every single game (true story)

Not together though :D

peacemaker885
04-01-2009, 04:45 PM
Parker: Meditates to calm himself down, so that he may position himself to exert as little energy as possible against the bottom dwellers, specifically OKC.

Manu: lays down the powder that Lebron throws into the air on the scorer's table in a little line, pretends to snort it, in order to give himself the energy burst that he plays with.

Bonner: lays two towels out like they are slices of bread, proceeds to to place fake sandwich supplies on one "slice" then pours Gatorade on the other as the "condiments" then takes a fake bite. Because his favorite thing in the world is to eat is subs.

Finley: Lays down as if he is dead, while Pop "shovels fake dirt" on top of him. Then Pop goes to Bowen, gets him up, only to see Finley "rise from the dead". Pop then pushes Bowen back into his seat and watches Finley walk to the scorers table like a zombie.

Pop: Acts like he is pouring wine into his Gatorade cup, drinks the fake wine, acts drunk, grabs his dry erase board, and pretends to draw up "drunken plays". All the while playing the "mean drunk" and fake abusing George Hill.

:lmao

DPG21920
04-01-2009, 04:51 PM
Also, I have seen Manu go to the scorer's table, make Sean get up, sit in front of his monitor and act like it is a computer while making it seem like he is changing his status on facebook.

Bukefal
04-01-2009, 05:28 PM
They sure must have some rituals, almost every player has it. So long they are not doing it exaggerated like lebron does, its fine. I love lebron, He is my fav player, after all the spurs players, but his stupid rituals are just crap.

timvp
04-01-2009, 06:00 PM
DPG21920, funny stuff. But you forgot how TP practices not passing to Manu prior to each game.

ElNono
04-01-2009, 06:27 PM
DPG21920, funny stuff. But you forgot how TP practices not passing to Manu prior to each game.

Only prior to the game? :stirpot:

Borosai
04-01-2009, 08:41 PM
As long as they don't pretend to take pictures of each other as if they're partying at a Village People revival concert, I'm happy.

Brutalis
04-01-2009, 10:27 PM
I must say Duncan looks stone cold ready to play when he holds the ball and hangs on the rim and all that. I've watched him do it several times even on the TV and admit I do this before a game too:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x282/duncan228/pregame/4-27ballhug.jpg

even if it is against local high school has-beens. It makes the ball feel smaller, and since I can already palm it well it makes my arms feel relaxed shooting. So in stealing that I feel there is something to the ritual.

parker79
04-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the replys. I didn't know Duncan hung from the rim like that.

Yogurt210
04-02-2009, 01:34 PM

DPG you are the man...that was funny!
Those would so beat out Lebron's pre-game antics hahaha

porscha
04-02-2009, 01:41 PM
:lol:bang

lefty
04-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Finley sucks Pop's dick before every game

xtremesteven33
04-02-2009, 01:51 PM

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Yogurt210
04-02-2009, 02:22 PM
^ haha.. I said that ever since bonner got starting C, and IME got playing time.

hater
04-02-2009, 02:25 PM

no need to practice. that comes natural to TP

Allanon
04-02-2009, 02:33 PM

Hahah, I gotta admit that was pretty good as was DPG's Finley ritual.