PDA

View Full Version : Have People Forgotten Boston?

carrao45
04-01-2009, 05:08 PM
lately it seems like people have forgotten Boston is a serious title contender. when healthy they are better than cleveland. i find it strange that people seem to have forgotten about them. they have the second best chance at the title i think.

xtremesteven33
04-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Spurs and Celtics are both under the radar.....thats where they like it :tu

IronMexican
04-01-2009, 05:14 PM
I am hoping the Cavs knock them. They are the team that scares me the most. and I don't know if LA has enough to beat them if Bynum doesn't come back.

carrao45
04-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Bynum is coming back. i guarantee it. and i want the Lake Show to play Boston again this year. revenge and all that. and as for the Spurs being under the radar...theyre under the radar because theyre only a second tier. they are not on Lakers, Cavs, Celtics level

HarlemHeat37
04-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Boston wasn't even being talked about to start the season..it's just the natural reaction..everybody always talks about the teams that will dethrone the champ..

Kai
04-01-2009, 05:30 PM
I'm fully expecting the Celtics to return to the finals to get their asses stomped by the Lakers. Of course, that is, if the Lakers miraculously get by the Rockets somehow. :toast

sook
04-01-2009, 05:33 PM
I guess too many people have forgotten this saying...

"Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

They will be back, book it.

poop
04-01-2009, 05:47 PM
actually im confident the spurs can beat the celtics. the only thing is, the spurs have to get past the lakers first, and if they cant, then the Lakers this year will stomp Boston.

Austin_Toros
04-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Probably because of their injuries. More importantly I think is that they havn't made waves like last season; they havn't got the best record in the league. Cavs on the other hand have surprised many.

Thunder Dan
04-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Spurs and Celtics are both under the radar.....thats where they like it :tu

The Spurs are under the radar in the same way the Milwaukee Bucks are under the radar

tlongII
04-01-2009, 06:45 PM
The Celtics don't have a prayer against the Cavs without a healthy KG. I think they're done. The Lakers better hope they don't play the Blazers in the playoffs, because that is the team that can beat them.

Showtime24 LAKERS
04-01-2009, 06:47 PM
The Spurs are under the radar in the same way the Milwaukee Bucks are under the radar

Seeing the way they've play lately are just as irrelevant as the bucks. :lol

The Gemini Method
04-01-2009, 06:52 PM
The Celtics don't have a prayer against the Cavs without a healthy KG. I think they're done. The Lakers better hope they don't play the Blazers in the playoffs, because that is the team that can beat them.

Unfortunately, the Blazers would only get 3 home games in a 7 game series. Though the Rose Garden has been a horrorshow for the Lakers of late, STAPLES has not been kind to the Blazers either thus giving the Lakers a better chance of making it through to the next round.

Anyhow, I do think the Celtics would beat the Cavs if, and this is a huge if, Garnett somehow returns to 100%. However, I don't know what's the deal with his knee and that the lack of clarification and the inconsistencies coming from the Boston staff and organization leads me to think it is considerably more trouble than previously thought.

JamStone
04-01-2009, 06:53 PM
No, people haven't forgotten Boston.

People just hate that team of douchebags, and rightfully so. And, they choose not to talk about them.

Red Hawk #21
04-01-2009, 06:56 PM
If the Celtics lose to the Friggin Bobcats tonight this thread will look stupid lol

duncan228
04-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Kevin Garnett: Should be Ready by Playoffs (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=rotowire-evinarnetthouldbeead&prov=rotowire&type=fantasy)

Update: Celtics coach Doc Rivers said Wednesday that he believes Garnett (knee) will be ready to play once the playoffs start, according to the Boston Globe.

Recommendation: “I would be very, very surprised if Kevin Garnett weren’t playing in Game 1 of the playoffs,” Rivers said. There’s still a chance that Garnett could return for a few regular season games, but the team obviously won’t push him to return before he’s ready with a title defense on the line.

pauls931
04-01-2009, 08:32 PM
I have some kind of feelin' about boston.

poop
04-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Seeing the way they've play lately are just as irrelevant as the bucks. :lol

it hurts because its true.

sook
04-01-2009, 08:34 PM
I guess too many people have forgotten this saying...

"Never underestimate the heart of a champion."

They will be back, book it.

poop
04-01-2009, 08:57 PM
haha Boston is no '95 Rockets... no need to use that quote.

Boston is just a bunch of overcocky assholes who put all their marbles in one basket and bought the title one year.
they went from wining 20 games to winning the title the next year...oh brother. yeah nothing fishy there :eyes

Brazil
04-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Boris Diaw is clutch bobcats +3 20 sec left in OT

Brazil
04-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Ray Allen is clutch tie game lol

Brazil
04-01-2009, 09:16 PM
Diaw is again clutch +2 bob

Spursmania
04-01-2009, 09:17 PM
I am hoping the Cavs knock them. They are the team that scares me the most. and I don't know if LA has enough to beat them if Bynum doesn't come back.

Bynum will be back. He was already pumping it up with a playboy bunny at Hef's mansion. Playing 2 on 2 and 3 on 3 basketball at practice as well. I think he's back, and the Lakers have the best shot this year to take it all. I hope the Spurs can stop the Lakers, but the way the Spurs are looking, I am not highly optimistic.:hat