PDA

View Full Version : Bruce is gone.

Marcus Bryant
04-02-2009, 12:13 PM
There's no coincidence that the Spurs tried to deal Bruce at the deadline in Feb and that he's now out of the rotation. His contract is partially guaranteed next season so the Spurs will likely tell him that 'it's been fun' and set him free. Yet another brilliant basketball decision to be made in pursuit of winning the Lux Tax Championship.

koriwhat
04-02-2009, 12:16 PM
whatever... bruce will be in prime condition come PO time and will most likely resign with spurs when that day comes or retire.

Marcus Bryant
04-02-2009, 12:18 PM
ROFL. Pop is preparing for life after Bruce already.

z0sa
04-02-2009, 12:19 PM
I sincerely hope you're wrong. This would be the biggest mistake of Pop's reign.

Lebowski Brickowski
04-02-2009, 12:22 PM
Coach should pit Bruce and Fin 1 on 1 in practice with the winner getting Fin's minutes

Brutalis
04-02-2009, 12:25 PM
If that's the case, Bowen's lack of offense is the kicker to me. If he had some 1-1 game this would have never happened. At the same time as many times as our defense has gotten served this year, I'm surprised he isn't in the rotation.

Dex
04-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Coach should pit Bruce and Fin 1 on 1 in practice with the winner getting Fin's minutes

I can't see Bruce finding a way to outscore Fin. The match might take 6 hours to get to 21, but Mike would still end up winning.

benefactor
04-02-2009, 12:30 PM
On to next season. Can't wait to see what Gist can do and hopefully Ian can pan out.

iilluzioN
04-02-2009, 12:38 PM
I would start

Oberto
Duncan
Bowen
Manu
Parker

as this starting 5 won us the 07 championship - Bowen might be old but give him one more chance to prove himself. This starting lineup knows there rolls and can dominate with Bowen in the side conor busting 3s, Manu driving, parker doing hes thing

Then coming off the Bench I would like to see

Hill
Mason
Finley
Gooden
Kurt

No more Udoka and JV bull shit

benefactor
04-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Bowen is not coming back...therefore we are not winning anything. Face reality people.

DPG21920
04-02-2009, 12:42 PM
All is not lost. Things do not look good, but there is always a chance. If you don't win it all, then you are like 29 other teams in the league. Enjoy the competition.

Spurminator
04-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Well shit, if we're not gonna play him anyway, maybe he can help another team. Let's just hope it's not a Conference rival. The thought of Bowen guarding Parker or Manu makes my stomach turn.

SA210
04-02-2009, 12:44 PM
There's no coincidence that the Spurs tried to deal Bruce at the deadline in Feb and that he's now out of the rotation. His contract is partially guaranteed next season so the Spurs will likely tell him that 'it's been fun' and set him free. Yet another brilliant basketball decision to be made in pursuit of winning the Lux Tax Championship.

romain.star
04-02-2009, 12:47 PM
whatever... bruce will be in prime condition come PO time and will most likely resign with spurs when that day comes or retire.

yeah but at this point, rest leads to rust. Bowen gone. Just say thank you, goodbye and see ya in hell mighty Bruce

baseline bum
04-02-2009, 01:00 PM
Looks like that's the case. That player option for Finley for next season just keeps looking more and more brilliant.

timvp
04-02-2009, 01:18 PM

Sadly, this looks like the case. The final hope for Bowen to re-enter the rotation is this next game. Pop unearthed Vaughn to put him in the rotation last game so I guess there is a flicker of hope.

But yeah, it's a damn shame that Pop has let a number of other veterans play until they couldn't play any longer but has decided to give up on Bowen without ever giving him a chance. Hell, Beno got about 20 chances to prove he wasn't a failure. Somehow Bowen doesn't get that same opportunity.

And the lamest part might be Finley being the one chosen over Bowen. If it were a player like Hill or Hairston, then yeah I could somewhat agree that the Spurs needed to make the tough decision to go with more youth. But to turn the page on Bowen to go with someone a couple months younger who has about twice the mileage on him and simply isn't as good of a player? Disgusting.

lefty
04-02-2009, 01:23 PM
Guys don't worry

Pop will use Bruce A LOT in the playoffs.

He knows what he is doing

J.T.
04-02-2009, 01:25 PM
News flash: April fools was yesterday.

rascal
04-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Good.

Big P
04-02-2009, 01:39 PM
I think Oberto will be gone before Bowen. He has the same type of partial guaranteed contract.

SenorSpur
04-02-2009, 01:40 PM
Let's see. Pop drastically reduces Bowen's minutes and banishes him to the bench, yet relys on Finley to play 30+ mins a game and gives him the responsibility of taking on the opposition's toughest perimeter player each night.

The only thing I'm surprised about all this is that would start the Bowen phase out during the season. Especially when he has absolutely NO ONE on the roster remotely capable of providing what Bruce does. Excellent transition planning for the SF position on the part of Pop and R.C.

BlackSwordsMan
04-02-2009, 01:42 PM
So much for SPAM?

EricB
04-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Good.

This officially makes this a bad move.

baseline bum
04-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Good.

Because our team has looked so bad this year without him?

td4mvp21
04-02-2009, 02:55 PM
I wish I wouldn't have even read this thread, it just makes me even more mad than I already am about Pop choosing Finley over Bowen. They have to be having a love affair, that is the only thing to explain it. Seriously. I have never seen Pop give a player so much fucking leniency as he has Finley. Hell, he'll still pull Parker and Ginobili out for ONE play to scold them for missing a defensive rotation (two of our stars), yet Finley gets free pass after free pass. I don't get Pop at all. I like Finley but when he is having an off night or is getting burned on defense, DON'T play him 30+ minutes! WTF.

Spursmania
04-02-2009, 03:00 PM
If Bruce, doesn't play this Friday, the dye has already been cast and, I too, doubt we will see much of Bowen anymore. This will suck. I guess ST posters are the dumb fucks and Pop is the wise one on this decision. Dammit Pop!

1Parker1
04-02-2009, 03:06 PM
This is why we're looking this year more like the 2005 Suns tham the spurs.

Here's why:

The 2005 Suns were a great team but:
1-They depended on the 3 ball way too much
2-They weren't a defensive minded team
3-They weren't a good rebounding team.

The only deference is that we dont score 110 ppg coze Pop prefers the half court ofense instead of fastbreaks after fastbreaks.

That being said,if we look like the 2005 suns the best we could posibly do is to get to the WFCs, but that's about it.

P.S. It's being a hell of a journy so far since 2003,weŽll all remember you Bruce :tu

Any team coached by Pop will be a defensive minded team. Just because the Spurs don;'t have the personnel to be as great a defensive team as they've been in the past doesn't mean they don't have a defensive mentality. They are still about 1000 times greater defensively than the 2005 Suns team.

As for the rebounding...I believe the Spurs lead the league in defensive rebounding so I'm not sure where you are getting that the Spurs aren't a good rebounding team. Rebounding is the least of this team's worries.

LockBeard
04-02-2009, 03:21 PM
I don't understand how Pop could just give up on Bowen like that.

Baseline
04-02-2009, 03:49 PM

Not good - Pop would insist on refereeing the game, and would give fin all the calls.

It's in the secret pact they signed. Finley will play as many minutes as he humanly can until he dies - even if it means losing games.

Gervin44Silas13
04-02-2009, 04:47 PM
If he's rested he better be ready to play defense HARD D-FENSE!!!!!!!

G-Nob
04-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Just a question because I don't live in San Antonio but has anyone in the local media questioned Pop on the reduction in Bowen's minutes? Maybe he can shed some light so we all aren't walking around trying to find furniture to kick.

Could it be Bowen might have an injury issue that Pop doesn't want him to aggrevate?

phxspurfan
04-02-2009, 05:22 PM
I really don't understand the evidence behind this thread. Or the timing. Bruce is getting DNP's but Pop has been so inconsistent with his rotations all year that you can hardly make conclusions about players based on PT trends. And Of course the Spurs entertained offers with Bruce in them. That doesn't mean any of them were finalized. People are reading wayy too far into this. Pop will realize he needs Bruce, his 'cooler,' again in the playoffs, and that's when he will be ready to go.

greyforest
04-02-2009, 05:30 PM
POP PLAY BODWEN U TARD WTh

xtremesteven33
04-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Pop is a mad scientist.....lets see what he does....

SequSpur
04-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Bowen is going to start again.

Austin_Toros
04-02-2009, 05:44 PM
Bowen to go? It looks like the spurs are making way for Marcus Williams.

jdev82
04-02-2009, 06:19 PM
If that's the case, Bowen's lack of offense is the kicker to me. If he had some 1-1 game this would have never happened. At the same time as many times as our defense has gotten served this year, I'm surprised he isn't in the rotation.

bruce has shown more one on one game this year than ive ever seen from him. making the drive and the layup or the penetrate and kick. the smart plays when we have no offense working. if he got minutes he would be still a force. i wouldve thought this 4 mins a game shit would end come this time and he would be gearing up for PO time. but idk maybe pops gone CIA. or maybe bruce wants to stop playing so much. idk. but i dont think his lack of offense was the kicker. hes been as effective as any spur on both ends this year, but has got no minutes

Baseline
04-02-2009, 06:34 PM

I agree. It makes no sense. It's not like we have a young Dwayne Wade that is taking his minutes.

Why Bowen would have DNPs while Finley plays 30 minutes is totally beyond me. I bet if you polled the other 29 GMs in the league, 25 of them would say that Bowen should easily get half of those 30 minutes.

BallHog11
04-02-2009, 07:01 PM
The way this is happening in ref to Bruce Bowen is completely classless! We have 3 banners hanging that we would not have without Bruce. Coaching staff and organization have always made bizarre decisions when it comes to talent. We let Pops Mensah Bonsu leave for nothing. This guy was easily a 20-10 per night guy at 6'10.

We let him leave and decided to sign Gooden. Mindblowing! We could have had a 20-10 guy with attitude in the paint for maybe 180,000 dollars and we let hime go. Mahimi is a mystery. Ginnobli in the starting line up after missing so many games is a mystery. Keeping dead wait on the bench and staarting Bonner at Point-Center are huge mysteries.

Finally, If I am Bruce Bowen, I leave this team now! Bruce can sign anywhere, get paid, and play at least 3 more seasons. Then the Spurs can go back and shop for Forein players that never show up!

The Ego's are out of Control! Time for a coaching change!

BallHog11
04-02-2009, 07:20 PM
I agree. It makes no sense. It's not like we have a young Dwayne Wade that is taking his minutes.

Why Bowen would have DNPs while Finley plays 30 minutes is totally beyond me. I bet if you polled the other 29 GMs in the league, 25 of them would say that Bowen should easily get half of those 30 minutes.

You are so right. What a slap in the face for Bruce. He is a class act and a hell of a player. He deserves better and I pray that he gets it. Besides, POP and RC's luck is running out fast. The entire leauge has improved while we have made stupid move after stupid move. Why do we have Vaughn, Bonner, Oberto on our roster anyway? As for Manu, I am a fan and have been since he became a Spur. But come on,,,,this guy misses a lot of games due to injury. Football players dont miss as many games.

He has gotten smaller! Looks like he looses more weight each year and he absolutely cannot stay healthy. STRANGE!

All Strange!

Right now, we have Duncan, Finley, Mason, Parker, Ginnobli, Bowen and Thomas! Bonner is a good player and should contribute off the bench. But starting at Center??? He would not start for any other team in the NBA! As for the rest of the roster, Dead Weight! Wonder why we keep these guys at the expense of turning down talent every year!

Hope these two rocket scientist (Pop and RC) dont reduce us to NBA bottom feeders! Lucky if we get out of the first round. Hell, without Bruce, we wont!

exstatic
04-02-2009, 07:22 PM
ROFL. Pop is preparing for life after Bruce already.

+1

10 minutes of Bruce could have bothered Durant out of his plasma hot shooting against OKC. Pop declined.

I've been thinking most of the season, and all of the second half that they are preparing for L.A.B.

I'm thinking there may be value on the trade market for his $4M fractionally guaranteed deal for next year. Teams are desperate to shed payroll. Good players making the MLE will be available. If there are no takers, the Spurs will likely waive him, with perhaps an option to re-sign for one year at the MIN. If not, they put the couple million towards Gooden's deal.

exstatic
04-02-2009, 07:28 PM

He's 37. It's not "giving up", it's the realization that the end of Bruce's road is close enough to touch.

silverblackfan
04-02-2009, 07:32 PM
I think the opposite. I think Bruce is going to be back in the starting line up real soon. Pop has got his players as much playing time as he could without losing touch of #2. Given the injuries and some fortunate play from Hill and Mason, the Spurs have managed to survive. Now it is going to be a mini-push for the playoffs that will start with Bruce back in his normal role.
I mean come on, do you really think Bruce has completely lost all quickness, 3 point clutch shooting, defensive rotation knowledge and leadership in less than one season from guarding Kobe Bryant? Let's get rational people and STEP AWAY FROM THE LEDGE!

exstatic
04-02-2009, 07:32 PM
We let Pops Mensah Bonsu leave for nothing. This guy was easily a 20-10 per night guy at 6'10.

Oh, really? Is that why he's putting up a mind blowing 6/6 for Toronto? There are maybe 4-5 guys in the NBA every year that put up 20/10, but fucktards like you think some d-league wonder is just going to waltz in and drop those numbers. Putz.

exstatic
04-02-2009, 07:33 PM
i think the opposite. I think bruce is going to be back in the starting line up real soon. Pop has got his players as much playing time as he could without losing touch of #2. Given the injuries and some fortunate play from hill and mason, the spurs have managed to survive. Now it is going to be a mini-push for the playoffs that will start with bruce back in his normal role.
I mean come on, do you really think bruce has completely lost all quickness, 3 point clutch shooting, defensive rotation knowledge and leadership in less than one season from guarding kobe bryant? Let's get rational people and step away from the ledge!

put down the crack pipe.

manufor3
04-02-2009, 07:48 PM
Oh, really? Is that why he's putting up a mind blowing 6/6 for Toronto? There are maybe 4-5 guys in the NBA every year that put up 20/10, but fucktards like you think some d-league wonder is just going to waltz in and drop those numbers. Putz.

raspsa
04-02-2009, 08:27 PM
I still think Bowen and Hill are going tobe playing the fireman's role. They may have limited minutes but they will be a defensive option that Pop will call upon.

Mark in Austin
04-02-2009, 08:34 PM
Was it ever determined if Bruce is being rested because he has a nagging injury too? One the Spurs want to keep quiet?

Amuseddaysleeper
04-02-2009, 08:44 PM
People may eyeroll a bit on this, but I really believe something may have happened between Pop and Bruce behind closed doors. For all the talk about Pop sacrificing defense for offense, there is just no way he leaves Bruce to rot on the bench like this. Bruce may be near the end of his career but he's still easily the best perimeter defender we have (the second best of which, Mr. George Hill is also struggling for playing time).

I know it sounds crazy but SA has always been good at keeping any problems behind closed doors should they ever arise. Maybe Bruce was irritated with his inexplicable DNP's and got upset.

I just refuse to believe Pop has gotten his head so far up his ass that he has forgotten what got him those rings in the first place.

The Spurs really really need to go at least 7-1 the rest of the way to have any momentum going into the playoffs or else they will be a first round casualty.

timvp
04-02-2009, 08:44 PM
couple million towards Gooden's deal.

:vomit:

There's still a chance for him to improve but so far his attitude and fit on the team is that of the bigman version of Ron Mercer.

exstatic
04-02-2009, 09:05 PM

There's still a chance for him to improve but so far his attitude and fit on the team is that of the bigman version of Ron Mercer.

If that's the case, they use Bruce's contract to get a different player, either in trade or by cutting him. With the NBA basically carrying somewhere between 10 and 12 teams with bridge loans, you can be sure a league-mandated payroll austerity program for those teams is just around the corner. My guess is that none of those teams will be permitted to be over the tax, or more strictly, possibly the cap.

timvp
04-02-2009, 09:16 PM
If that's the case, they use Bruce's contract to get a different player, either in trade or by cutting him. With the NBA basically carrying somewhere between 10 and 12 teams with bridge loans, you can be sure a league-mandated payroll austerity program for those teams is just around the corner. My guess is that none of those teams will be permitted to be over the tax, or more strictly, possibly the cap.Yeah if Bowen isn't resurrected by the end of the playoffs to the point that he's playing at least 20 MPG, he's gone. Even though the Spurs wouldn't be saving a heap of money, both he and Oberto will probably be let go to open up enough room to spend the MLE.

my2sons
04-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Bowen is not coming back...therefore we are not winning anything. Face reality people.

We are not winning anything because bruce is not coming back. If we don't win anything, it won't be because bruce is not coming back, timmy slowing down, maybe...,manu not able to slash reclessly anymore sure...tony shooting 35 times a night in the playoffs slight possibility...but not winning anything because bruce is not coming back:(

VI_Massive
04-02-2009, 09:27 PM
I know it looks like Pop is through with Bowen, but I still think he'll go to him in the playoffs. Maybe Bowen'll get normal minutes and it will look like Pop has been playing weird all along, or maybe Pop will go to him if/when our defense fails, but I think he will play. We saw what I think is our best and likely crunch time lineup at the end of the Boston game -- TP, Mason (will be Manu now that he's healthy), Bowen, KT, Duncan -- and Bowen was a part of that.

Pop has been messing with rotations so much this year, I don't think we can tell anything reliably.

Marcus Bryant
04-02-2009, 09:28 PM
People may eyeroll a bit on this, but I really believe something may have happened between Pop and Bruce behind closed doors. For all the talk about Pop sacrificing defense for offense, there is just no way he leaves Bruce to rot on the bench like this. Bruce may be near the end of his career but he's still easily the best perimeter defender we have (the second best of which, Mr. George Hill is also struggling for playing time).

I know it sounds crazy but SA has always been good at keeping any problems behind closed doors should they ever arise. Maybe Bruce was irritated with his inexplicable DNP's and got upset.

I just refuse to believe Pop has gotten his head so far up his ass that he has forgotten what got him those rings in the first place.

The Spurs really really need to go at least 7-1 the rest of the way to have any momentum going into the playoffs or else they will be a first round casualty.

Well, it's certainly possible that almost being dealt to the Clippers irked Bruce.

It's not exactly hard to believe that being rumored as part of a trade, not to mention actually being a part of one that fell apart, might have some impact on the ownership-management-coach-player relationship.

Malik's contract was hung around his neck from the day he signed it in SA. That certainly had an impact on the old player-coach relationship.

I'm not sure why it should be much of a surprise that the Spurs' propensity to make personnel moves motivated, or at least colored, by financial concerns should impact actual coaching decisions.

SenorSpur
04-02-2009, 09:29 PM

Anything specific? Given that assessment, is it too early to presume whether the Spurs are souring on Gooden this soon?

Spurminator
04-02-2009, 09:33 PM
I admit I haven't read every Monroe/McDonald article, but why isn't anyone ASKING the team what is going on with Bowen, Hill, etc.? Doesn't anyone have an inside source?

While I find the Dallas Cowboys media coverage to be overbearing at times, at least you get answers in situations like this.

G-Nob
04-02-2009, 09:35 PM
I admit I haven't read every Monroe/McDonald article, but why isn't anyone ASKING the team what is going on with Bowen, Hill, etc.? Doesn't anyone have an inside source?

While I find the Dallas Cowboys media coverage to be overbearing at times, at least you get answers in situations like this.

+1

See my post earlier in this thread.

SenorSpur
04-02-2009, 09:39 PM

I don't find your notion far-fetched in the least. Bowen's minutes just vanished. And of course, Pop will never, ever divulge why. Bowen's been a pro and has certainly the right for a graceful exit and certainly deserved PT ahead of Finley.

benefactor
04-02-2009, 10:51 PM
We are not winning anything because bruce is not coming back. If we don't win anything, it won't be because bruce is not coming back, timmy slowing down, maybe...,manu not able to slash reclessly anymore sure...tony shooting 35 times a night in the playoffs slight possibility...but not winning anything because bruce is not coming back:(
Bowen's defensive impact on the perimeter is as big as any member of the Big 3. If you disagree then you haven't watched much Spurs basketball over the past 7 years.

VI_Massive
04-02-2009, 11:04 PM
I don't find your notion far-fetched in the least. Bowen's minutes just vanished. And of course, Pop will never, ever divulge why. Bowen's been a pro and has certainly the right for a graceful exit and certainly deserved PT ahead of Finley.

I understand that Bruce's absence on the court makes it seem like something had to have happened with he and Pop, but they both seem so level-headed and easygoing its hard for me to imagine something like that happened and continues to be a problem to the point that Pop isn't playing Bowen.

Do you really think Bowen complained about his minutes? Half-assed it in practice? I just don't see it.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-02-2009, 11:31 PM
I understand that Bruce's absence on the court makes it seem like something had to have happened with he and Pop, but they both seem so level-headed and easygoing its hard for me to imagine something like that happened and continues to be a problem to the point that Pop isn't playing Bowen.

Do you really think Bowen complained about his minutes? Half-assed it in practice? I just don't see it.

No, and he's been very humble about his decrease in PT in interviews and what not, but somehow it feels like he's gotten himself into doghouse moreso than him simply not playing up to par. He's still a highly effective player on this team.

Maybe Bowen will get some quality PT in the next game against Indy (and maybe moreso against Cleveland) and Pop will revert to keeping Bowen with solid minutes, but the way it looks right now, something isn't right.

The Truth #6
04-03-2009, 12:08 AM
I think Bowen has gotten somewhat of a raw deal, and playing Finley so much is ridiculous, however in all of this I do think Bowen has regressed some as a player. Again, I agree that he's been shafted as of late, especially given how much Finely is always allowed to play, but I don't want to make Bowen out to be a messiah that is going to save the team if he does get to play. He'll improve our chances without a doubt, but the team still has areas it needs to improve to become a legit championship contender.

peskypesky
04-03-2009, 12:36 AM
yeah but at this point, rest leads to rust. Bowen gone. Just say thank you, goodbye and see ya in hell mighty Bruce

i don't agree. bowen has looked pretty sharp on defense in recent games when pop put him on the floor.

SA210
04-03-2009, 12:54 AM
Bowen's defensive impact on the perimeter is as big as any member of the Big 3. If you disagree then you haven't watched much Spurs basketball over the past 7 years.

SA210
04-03-2009, 12:55 AM

FTLSpur
04-03-2009, 08:35 AM
I haven't lost my confidence that Pop was just fucking around with the rotations and that Bruce will be a key playoff contributor... till then... everybody should just STFU

my2sons
04-03-2009, 05:43 PM

My brother took me to the my 1st ABA game the first year at the old hemisfair arena. I had season tickets from the Admiral's rookie year to the year after the 2nd championship quite a few of those years as a baseline bum. For the greater part of the season the spurs have managed to be the 2nd seed in the west til this bump in the season, the majority without bruce. I have said throughout the season that pop knows what he can get from bruce so he has to integrate players he has to rely on to succeed. I hate to say it but if bruce has lost a step which is hard to say with so little playing time, but if pop believes that bruce has lost a step then he will not be effective because of his anemic, limited, not very good offensive skills. I still believe pop will play him, but that is not what I am saying. I am saying that if the spurs do not win a championship it won't be because of bruce bowen. Off to the strawberry festival.

hater
04-03-2009, 05:45 PM
Bruce will average 25+mpg in the post season. this is dumb...

lefty
04-03-2009, 08:31 PM
I haven't lost my confidence that Pop was just fucking around with the rotations and that Bruce will be a key playoff contributor... till then... everybody should just STFU

+1

That's what I keep posting, but everybody is bitching........or stupid

Mr. Body
04-03-2009, 08:32 PM
Spurs prepared for the post-Bowen era by refusing to find a replacement.

lefty
04-03-2009, 08:34 PM
shit,we strugle to beat the Pacers and, you're happy about it?
Shit,in a couple of weeks we're gonna start facing real teams in the POs.
We can't keep playing like that.

With Bowen in, our D will be better

Sure, Bowen is not the Spurs D, but the other guys will follow his lead

lefty
04-03-2009, 08:39 PM
I agree,but I'm not happy about this win at all.
All the opposite,I'm really worry about it.

But...but...the Lakers lost to the Pacers at Conseco fieldhouse this season :D

We didn't

Bulwark
04-03-2009, 08:47 PM
But...but...the Lakers lost to the Pacers at Conseco fieldhouse this season :D

We didn't
Sarcasm?

lefty
04-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Sarcasm?

no

truth

G-Nob
04-03-2009, 08:57 PM
So looking at the box score, I guess nothing has really changed.

urunobili
04-03-2009, 09:03 PM
So looking at the box score, I guess nothing has really changed.

he played at least... horribly but he played...

itzsoweezee
04-03-2009, 09:26 PM
disgusting

benefactor
04-03-2009, 09:46 PM
My brother took me to the my 1st ABA game the first year at the old hemisfair arena. I had season tickets from the Admiral's rookie year to the year after the 2nd championship quite a few of those years as a baseline bum.

Good for you. I have a slice of pie if you feel you need a reward.

For the greater part of the season the spurs have managed to be the 2nd seed in the west til this bump in the season, the majority without bruce. I have said throughout the season that pop knows what he can get from bruce so he has to integrate players he has to rely on to succeed.

Like who? The only players we are working on integrating are Manu and Gooden. Everyone else has been there from the jump...especially Mr. 30 MPG Finley.

I hate to say it but if bruce has lost a step which is hard to say with so little playing time, but if pop believes that bruce has lost a step then he will not be effective because of his anemic, limited, not very good offensive skills.

He is still shooting over 42% for the season from distance for the year and is a proven clutch shooter in the playoffs. Even with losing a step his defense provides much more of an impact than Finley's offense ever will. We can depend on Finley to shoot well one out of every 5 or 6 games. We will be eliminated before he has a chance to break out of one of his patented slumps.

I still believe pop will play him, but that is not what I am saying. I am saying that if the spurs do not win a championship it won't be because of bruce bowen. Off to the strawberry festival.
And I am saying that if Bowen plays 6 MPG like he did tonight it will be a big reason why we fail. We win with defense, period.

But hey, Finley had 18pts tonight...I'm sure he will give us that consistently in the post season. :rolleyes