PDA

View Full Version : Who are your Favorite Rookies so far?

Red Hawk #21
04-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Discuss. For me its Anthony Randolpy and Russell Westbrook. Westbrook is the Man, dude is gunna average like 20 and 6 later in his career. Kid plays off his emotion, and can throw it down on anyone. What holds Westbrook back a bit is his jumper is not that great, and Im also not sure if he's a true PG. Randolph is another beast, he like Westbrook plays off his emotions. He can dribble, has good midrange game, can block shots and he has great size at 6'11. I think he's gunna be the New KG. What holds Randolph back is his strength, he makes up for his lack of strength with his hustle and athleticism but this guy should hit up the weights this offseason.

Here are the highlights of their seasons: Anthony Randolph:Make sure you see the 3:13-3:17 mark
tgyybTWnyaY

And Westbrook: iF7UifZmKJ8

dirk4mvp
04-02-2009, 01:31 PM
O.J. Mayo

JoeTait75
04-02-2009, 01:32 PM
J.J. Hickson AKA "Young Wilt."

Allanon
04-02-2009, 01:34 PM
What holds Westbrook and Randolph back is an overall lack of talent.

They're good because they play with heart but they don't have the talent to make them into Superstars.

On the other hand, Rose and Mayo have all the talent but have been lacking some heart/tenacity. Neither one seems to "want" to join the Top 10 in the NBA.

If you took Westbrook/Randolph's heart and tenacity into Rose/Mayo, you'd have one bad mofo.

dirk4mvp
04-02-2009, 01:38 PM

They're good because they play with heart but they don't have the talent to make them into Superstars.

On the other hand, Rose and Mayo have all the talent but have been lacking some heart/tenacity. Neither one seems to "want" to join the Top 10 in the NBA.

If you took Westbrook/Randolph's heart and tenacity into Rose/Mayo, you'd have one bad mofo.

Mayo's just shooting some shots he's supposed to shoot until he gets traded to the Lakers for a pack of skittles later on. He's got plenty of heart. And we all know you don't like Rose cuz he missed some free throws in college.

Randolph doesn't have talent? Where'd you get that from?

Bukefal
04-02-2009, 01:40 PM
Westbrook, Beasly, Mayo

DaDakota
04-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Derrick Rose !

DD

IronMexican
04-02-2009, 01:46 PM
Mayo

Allanon
04-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Mayo's just shooting some shots he's supposed to shoot until he gets traded to the Lakers for a pack of skittles later on. He's got plenty of heart. And we all know you don't like Rose cuz he missed some free throws in college.

Randolph doesn't have talent? Where'd you get that from?

Mayo probably will be the best of the bunch. He's the only possible Superstar in that draft if anybody.

Randolph is as good as he'll ever get.

Red Hawk #21
04-02-2009, 01:52 PM

Nah, Westbrook and Randolph are pretty talented imo. Both have glaring weaknesses though. They both will get better, not superstar level but both should be able to become 20 point scorers in the future imo. Idk though, maybe Im overrating them.

And about Rose if you remember earlier in the season I was rooting for him to be ROY but i don't know how he's been doing lately because I haven't seen the Bulls play.

dirk4mvp
04-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Yeah most players max out when they're 19.

Allanon
04-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Nah, Westbrook and Randolph are pretty talented imo. Both have glaring weaknesses though. They both will get better, not superstar level but both should be able to become 20 point scorers in the future imo. Idk though, maybe Im overrating them.

Yeah, I agree they're solid players but not superstars. I think they don't have the talent that Rose/Mayo have.

And about Rose if you remember earlier in the season I was rooting for him to be ROY but i don't know how he's been doing lately because I haven't seen the Bulls play.

Rose will win ROY because nobody else wants to.

Allanon
04-02-2009, 01:55 PM

Randolph doesn't have the talent of guys like Rose and Mayo.

Ghazi
04-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Broooook Lopez!

gaKNOW!blee
04-02-2009, 02:02 PM
George Hill.

Allanon
04-02-2009, 02:09 PM
George Hill and that Luc kid on the Bucks are the two best defenders in this Rookie Class.

Red Hawk #21
04-02-2009, 02:11 PM
BTW, the few times I have seen Clippers games this season. Eric Gordon has been a standout, very underrated. Its probably because he plays in the basketball hell known as the "L.A. Clippers".

IronMexican
04-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Batum is also a solid defender.

Allanon
04-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Eric Gordon has good game, he's just a bit wild. If he can tone it down, he can be solid.

He's pretty fearless.

monosylab1k
04-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Randolph back is an overall lack of talent.

:lmao what the hell? Randolph has talent flowing out his ass. What holds him back is an overall lack of brains.

It's nice to see you completely pull stuff out of your ass again.

monosylab1k
04-02-2009, 02:19 PM

Oh shit, I just said something retarded. How do I fix it? I know, I'll say something even more retarded!

monosylab1k
04-02-2009, 02:19 PM
75 Win Ecstasy!

monosylab1k
04-02-2009, 02:20 PM

:lmao

monosylab1k
04-02-2009, 02:22 PM
I love this description of Anthony Randolph from Bill Simmons' latest mailbag -

There's never been an NBA player with his size and skill set. Ever. He's a looong 6-foot-10, runs like a gazelle, has great hops, and can handle the ball. Love it. As an added bonus, he looks like he's constantly crying or really getting his feelings hurt. He's fascinating.

tlongII
04-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Greg Oden is the best player of the rookies and it's not even close.

monosylab1k
04-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Greg Oden should play point guard more, he's better suited for that position.

lil_penny
04-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Batum is also a solid defender.

+1

I think hes the best in this rookie class from what ive seen so far.. all homerism aside

IronMexican
04-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Randolph reminds me of LO.

Red Hawk #21
04-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Greg Oden is better than Wilt Chamberlain.

:wakeup

Flo-Rida
04-02-2009, 02:29 PM
Mario Chalmers because he is the second coming of Chauncey Billups.

monosylab1k
04-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Mario Chalmers because he is the second coming of Chauncey Billups.

He can definitely get called for charging.

monosylab1k
04-02-2009, 02:34 PM
Randolph reminds me of LO.

Bill Simmons also made that comparison -

He's like a cross between Josh Smith and Lamar Odom, only if you fed him 10 Red Bulls and told him right before the game, "If you can make 10 things happen during the 10 minutes you play tonight, we will quadruple your salary and you will start for the rest of the season" ... and then he does just that, but the coach reneges on the promise so Anthony has a near-crying meltdown on the bench. That's every Anthony Randolph game.

Flo-Rida
04-02-2009, 02:35 PM
He can definitely get called for charging.

One of the biggest mistakes I've seen him make all season he had wade open under the basket.

monosylab1k
04-02-2009, 02:35 PM
One of the biggest mistakes I've seen him make all season he had wade open under the basket.

Yeah, but seriously he looks good. I dunno about Billups good, but he's a nice running mate for Wade.

kamikazi_player
04-02-2009, 02:37 PM
I like Derrick Rose because of this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAA8mLz8aJ0

and this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyQyjgGPOfA

Allanon
04-02-2009, 02:38 PM
:lmao what the hell? Randolph has talent flowing out his ass. What holds him back is an overall lack of brains.

It's nice to see you completely pull stuff out of your ass again.

Randolph will never become more than he is now, a solid role-player. Rose and Mayo have more talent than Randolph.

You can quote me on that.

Red Hawk #21
04-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Randolph will never become more than he is now, a solid role-player. Rose and Mayo have more talent than Randolph.

You can quote me on that.

Come on Allanon, Randolph averages 7ppg 5 rebounds and a bock in limited time. You seriously don't think when he gets stronger and gets more minutes he's gunna be way better. Seriously?

Allanon
04-02-2009, 02:47 PM
Come on Allanon, Randolph averages 7ppg 5 rebounds and a bock in limited time. You seriously don't think when he gets stronger and gets more minutes he's gunna be way better. Seriously?

He'll improve to be sure, but not so much that he belongs in a conversation with OJ Mayo and Derrick Rose.

A solid roleplayer but maybe a 3rd or 4th tier NBA player. Rose is probably gonna be a 2nd tier player and Mayo has a shot at a first tier but more likely stay as a 2nd tier guy.

Flo-Rida
04-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Yeah, but seriously he looks good. I dunno about Billups good, but he's a nice running mate for Wade.

Believe it or not I've heard some analyst's compare his game to Gary payton.

dirk4mvp
04-02-2009, 02:53 PM

He'll improve to be sure,

I guess when your team is too busy winning 75 games, you don't have time to say something that makes sense.

Red Hawk #21
04-02-2009, 02:55 PM
He'll improve to be sure, but not so much that he belongs in a conversation with OJ Mayo and Derrick Rose.

A solid roleplayer but maybe a 3rd or 4th tier NBA player. Rose is probably gonna be a 2nd tier player and Mayo has a shot at a first tier but more likely stay as a 2nd tier guy.

I think if Randolph could ever perfect his mid-range jumper he would be a 20-10 player. I dunno how good his work ethic is though.

monosylab1k
04-02-2009, 03:00 PM
I guess when your team is too busy winning 75 games, you don't have time to say something that makes sense.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

ginobili's bald spot
04-02-2009, 03:01 PM

No offense man but that makes no sense.

monosylab1k
04-02-2009, 03:01 PM
I think if Randolph could ever perfect his mid-range jumper he would be a 20-10 player. I dunno how good his work ethic is though.

He seems like a hard worker. He just needs to have a better mentality out there. He makes a good play and gets overly cocky, then he makes a bad play and pouts about it. He needs to be more even keel emotionally.

monosylab1k
04-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Let me put it this way about Anthony Randolph -

If the Mavs decide to blow it up and trade Dirk, there's no other realistic trade option I'd want more than a Randolph/1st rounder for Dirk trade. Of course Randolph may have already blown up before then and it would be too late to make that trade, but I hope not.

Allanon
04-02-2009, 03:05 PM

My point is, even if he improves, Randolph will not be more than a solid roleplayer.

Are you saying that Anthony Randolph will be a star in the NBA?

Red Hawk #21
04-02-2009, 03:05 PM
Randolph would probably have been the Mavs backup PF had they missed the playoffs last season, if I remember clearly he was drafted with the 14th pick and that is the pick the Mavs would have had if they didn't make the postseason.

Allanon
04-02-2009, 03:06 PM
No offense man but that makes no sense.

They are good roleplayers, but they lack the talent to become superstars.

OJ Mayo and Derrick Rose on the other hand do have the talent to be franchise players. I'm not saying they will become that, but they have that ceiling.

Red Hawk #21
04-02-2009, 03:07 PM
He seems like a hard worker. He just needs to have a better mentality out there. He makes a good play and gets overly cocky, then he makes a bad play and pouts about it. He needs to be more even keel emotionally.

Yea, from what I've seen that's exactly how he acts. He's only 19 so he still has much time to mature.(Its funny how im judging someone thats my own age lol)

dirk4mvp
04-02-2009, 03:07 PM
My point is, even if he improves, Randolph will not be more than a solid roleplayer.

Are you saying that Anthony Randolph will be a star in the NBA?

You're saying that he's hit the ceiling as a 19 year old rookie who plays 15 minutes a game. That's retarded.

Allanon
04-02-2009, 03:08 PM

If Randolph ever becomes a 20 and 10 guy, I was obviously very wrong about him. I just don't see it.

dirk4mvp

What info are you getting this from?

IronMexican
Weren't you high on Robin Lopez?

Allanon
04-02-2009, 03:09 PM
You're saying that he's hit the ceiling as a 19 year old rookie who plays 15 minutes a game. That's retarded.

I'm saying his ceiling is a roleplayer, he doesn't have the high ceiling that a guy like Rose or Mayo has.

Alright, what do YOU think Randolph will be? A star or a roleplayer?

monosylab1k
04-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Randolph would probably have been the Mavs backup PF had they missed the playoffs last season, if I remember clearly he was drafted with the 14th pick and that is the pick the Mavs would have had if they didn't make the postseason.

fuck

monosylab1k
04-02-2009, 03:10 PM
It's like Jemele Hill is pretending to be a Laker Fan on SpursTalk.

dirk4mvp
04-02-2009, 03:11 PM
I'm saying his ceiling is a roleplayer, he doesn't have the high ceiling that a guy like Rose or Mayo has.

That's not what you said.

Allanon
It's like Jemele Hill is pretending to be a Laker Fan on SpursTalk.

Put it on the line Mono, will Anthony Randolph be a star or a roleplayer?

Allanon
That's not what you said.

That's exactly what I said. Answer the question.

monosylab1k
04-02-2009, 03:12 PM

Alright, what do YOU think Randolph will be? A star or a roleplayer?

What kind of star? A Duncan/LeBron/Kobe type star? A Dirk/Carmelo type star? A Joe Johnson/Pau Gasol barely a star type star?

He's got the same ceiling as Rose and Mayo if that answers your question.

monosylab1k
04-02-2009, 03:12 PM
Put it on the line Mono, will Anthony Randolph be a star or a roleplayer?

I just said I'd trade Dirk for him, what do you think?

dirk4mvp
04-02-2009, 03:13 PM

Allanon
04-02-2009, 03:13 PM
What kind of star? A Duncan/LeBron/Kobe type star? A Dirk/Carmelo type star? A Joe Johnson/Pau Gasol barely a star type star?

He's got the same ceiling as Rose and Mayo if that answers your question.

Yes, that does answer the question. No I don't need Duncan/Kobe/LeBron level. A Joe Johnson/Pau level is good enough to prove me wrong.

At least you had the cajones to nut up and answer it straight.

Allanon
04-02-2009, 03:14 PM
I just said I'd trade Dirk for him, what do you think?

You're crazy. Maybe Dirk & JET or Dirk + Lotto pick.

koriwhat
04-02-2009, 03:16 PM
GH3
the real deal

dirk4mvp
Yes, that does answer the question. No I don't need Duncan/Kobe/LeBron level. A Joe Johnson/Pau level is good enough to prove me wrong.

At least you had the cajones to nut up and answer it straight.

If he averages 8 points and 6 rebounds next year, you will be proven wrong.

Allanon
If he averages 8 points and 6 rebounds next year, you will be proven wrong.

Nope. That's a minor roleplayer.

Red Hawk #21
04-02-2009, 03:17 PM
GH3
the real deal

Problem is if he gets too good he'll probably have to get traded.

ginobili's bald spot
04-02-2009, 03:17 PM

OJ Mayo and Derrick Rose on the other hand do have the talent to be franchise players. I'm not saying they will become that, but they have that ceiling.

So a 6'10 guy that can run and handle the ball like a guard, can jump through the roof and has freakishly long arms doesn't have talent? Ok.

Red Hawk #21
04-02-2009, 03:18 PM

But you said, he's as good as he will ever be. Right now, he averages 7ppg and 5 rebounds. If he averages more than that next season, you're wrong.

dirk4mvp
04-02-2009, 03:18 PM

Read your own words.

Those stats are an improvement over this year's, thus he's better than last year.

Allanon
04-02-2009, 03:19 PM
So a 6'10 guy that can run and handle the ball like a guard, can jump through the roof and has freakishly long arms doesn't have talent? Ok.

This is a comparison between OJ Mayo, Rose, Randolph.

It's like trying to talk about Duncan/Kobe & Joe Johnson. Joe Johnson is good but he should never be mentioned with Duncan & Kobe.

Randolph will stay as a roleplayer. Rose & Mayo will be stars and possibly even Superstars.

Allanon
04-02-2009, 03:20 PM
Read your own words.

Those stats are an improvement over this year's, thus he's better than last year.

Hahah, stop being fickle. I said he's a roleplayer. If he improves to be a star than ok, I'm wrong. But if he's still a roleplayer 5 years from now, he is what he is....a rolelpayer.

Ghazi
04-02-2009, 03:22 PM
75 win mutha fuckin ecstasy!!

dirk4mvp
04-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Hahah, stop being fickle. I said he's a roleplayer. If he improves to be a star than ok, I'm wrong. But if he's still a roleplayer 5 years from now, he is what he is....a rolelpayer.

I'm just going by what you said. At the least, he'll be a less dumb version of Lamar Odom.

Allanon
04-02-2009, 03:25 PM
I'm just going by what you said. At the least, he'll be a less dumb version of Lamar Odom.

I never said 75 wins either. I said 70. But I accept the 75 as well as part of my being wrong because I added it to my Sig as a joke.

Hey, if he's a star, I have no problems saying I was wrong and that he's a star. Let's wait for it to happen.

Red Hawk #21
04-02-2009, 03:26 PM

You didn't just say he's a roleplayer. You said he's as good as he'll ever get. Maybe you want to take that back at this point?

ginobili's bald spot
04-02-2009, 03:28 PM
The Sports Guy weighs in.

He's one of the most breathtaking rookies I've seen in person -- ever -- for all the reasons you just described. There has never been anyone quite like him. He's like a cross between Josh Smith and Lamar Odom, only if you fed him 10 Red Bulls and told him right before the game, "If you can make 10 things happen during the 10 minutes you play tonight, we will quadruple your salary and you will start for the rest of the season" ... and then he does just that, but the coach reneges on the promise so Anthony has a near-crying meltdown on the bench. That's every Anthony Randolph game. I caught him once and, in the span of two hours, he made three "MY GOD!" plays and broke down on the Warriors' bench because Nellie wouldn't put him back in, followed by an assistant consoling him through an entire timeout like Randolph was a third grader who got in trouble for something he didn't do, then had a meltdown and got kicked out of class.

stretch
04-02-2009, 03:33 PM
DJ Augustin will be better than Derrick Rose. Book it.

Tacker
04-02-2009, 03:35 PM

wouldnt want to book wit this retard. He still owes me $50

Red Hawk #21
04-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Yo Tacker, you done raging yet?

Allanon
04-02-2009, 03:39 PM
You didn't just say he's a roleplayer. You said he's as good as he'll ever get. Maybe you want to take that back at this point?

I said as good as he'll ever get referring to the fact that he's a roleplayer and not a star.

And I already clarified this on page 1, post #12 of this thread (in response to you Redhawk) ...you guys just wanna give me a hard time :lol

stretch
04-02-2009, 04:13 PM
wouldnt want to book wit this retard. He still owes me $50

no

you owe me $50

fag

Tacker
04-02-2009, 04:30 PM
no

you owe me $50

fag

No, youre the one that owes me $50

fagbag

Red Hawk #21
04-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Hey, I know most of you guys may be pretty busy right now but if you get a chance check out this Anthony Randolph update. This kid is a beast and he's going to be a star. Yo Allanon!! Make sure you see this:
4TJARASNxEo

Red Hawk #21
04-18-2009, 03:41 PM
Oh and btw, a big LOL to the people at the start of the season who said Beasley was gunna be better than Rose. LOL

j-money24
04-18-2009, 06:26 PM
Joe Crawford

AI-square
04-18-2009, 07:42 PM
George Hill and that Luc kid on the Bucks are the two best defenders in this Rookie Class.

I make a case for Courtney Lee.

Rogue
04-18-2009, 07:48 PM
Oden

Basketballgirl25
04-18-2009, 09:44 PM
I got to go with Brook Lopez

Red Hawk #21
07-15-2009, 01:54 PM
Hey Allanon, I heard Randolph is 20 pounds bigger and he has also grown from 6'10 to 7'0. He also had 42 points vs the bulls last night, I know it was just a summer league games but im seeing signs of improvement in Randolph...

The 4cc Dictionary
04-07-2011, 07:36 PM

looks like someone's gotta talk to da ollllllllllll ball coach efter det one!

Kyle Orton
04-07-2011, 07:43 PM
:lmao stretch
:lmao longhorn nuthugger

DPG21920
04-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Stretch is so dumb :lol