PDA

View Full Version : The Western Conference is done

SpursDynasty
04-02-2009, 02:35 PM
It's time for all Western Conference teams outside the Lakers, since they have 26 losses or more by April 2, to rebuild. Right? Because any team with 26 or more losses here must be done and all are going to lose in the first round, leaving the Lakers with an NBA Finals trip by winning the first round.

Fire Pop, fire George Karl, fire Rick Adelman, fire Byron Scott, fire Nate McMillan, fire Jerry Sloan, and fire Rick Carlisle!

The nerve of these guys to let their teams lose 26 or more games in a conference that is competitive as ever.

portnoy1
04-02-2009, 02:55 PM
It's time for all Western Conference teams outside the Lakers, since they have 26 losses or more by April 2, to rebuild. Right? Because any team with 26 or more losses here must be done and all are going to lose in the first round, leaving the Lakers with an NBA Finals trip by winning the first round.

Fire Pop, fire George Karl, fire Rick Adelman, fire Byron Scott, fire Nate McMillan, fire Jerry Sloan, and fire Rick Carlisle!

The nerve of these guys to let their teams lose 26 or more games in a conference that is competitive as ever.
Your being sarcastic right? Pop and sloan are solid coaches.

Double-Up
04-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Your being sarcastic right? Pop and sloan are solid coaches.

He's being his usual ignorant self.

BlackSwordsMan
04-02-2009, 04:45 PM
he's just responding to the fans who go ape shit after a loss

Allanon
04-02-2009, 04:54 PM
It's not about the coaches, it's about the talent and a changing of the guard.

All the top teams are old...except for the Lakers. In the East, you have the Cavs & the Celtics, both of whom have old players in key places. Same for the Spurs in the West. Phoenix has gone downhill as have the Mavs.

Now it's the Hornets who tried to ship out their Center, the Jazz who can't win on the road, the Rockets who can never stay healthy, the Nuggz who have lost to the Lakers forever much like the Lakers & Bobcats.

This year, the Lakers are setup for a massive FAIL or the start of at least 3 years of being on top.

Bukefal
04-02-2009, 05:45 PM
lol, pop is the best we have. Fire him?? haha and then what?

Ghazi
04-02-2009, 07:27 PM
I pretty much agree.

Outside of Portland, every Western team has regressed this year. Denver is more or less the same last year, at least as far as point differential is concerned. Spurs, Mavs, Suns have declined, Jazz have declined, Hornets are terrible. etc. Rockets margin of victory is slightly down too.

Part of it is due to injuries, but I think the West is really imbalanced this year. It really is the Lakers and everyone else, whereas in years past you usually had a big 3 (which now belongs in the East) and last year 7 teams had a point differential above 4.5. This year it's only 1 (the Lakers).

TampaDude
04-02-2009, 08:26 PM
Stern the NBA puppeteer will get his wish...Kobe vs. LeBron in the Finals.

Cavs in 6.

IronMexican
04-02-2009, 10:28 PM
Remember when Jeff said the West wasn't competitive this year and SA was gonna have cake walk?

carrao45
04-02-2009, 10:49 PM

Cavs in 6.

how do people keep forgetting we stomped the cavs in staples AND at the Q? by 13.5 points a game i might add

21_Blessings
04-03-2009, 12:41 AM
how do people keep forgetting we stomped the cavs in staples AND at the Q? by 13.5 points a game i might add

At the Q, WITHOUT Bynum. :bking

crc21209
04-03-2009, 03:27 AM
It's not about the coaches, it's about the talent and a changing of the guard.

All the top teams are old...except for the Lakers. In the East, you have the Cavs & the Celtics, both of whom have old players in key places. Same for the Spurs in the West. Phoenix has gone downhill as have the Mavs.

Now it's the Hornets who tried to ship out their Center, the Jazz who can't win on the road, the Rockets who can never stay healthy, the Nuggz who have lost to the Lakers forever much like the Lakers & Bobcats.

This year, the Lakers are setup for a massive FAIL or the start of at least 3 years of being on top.

:lol cuz the Lakers are gods right? Fuck off.

Rogue
04-03-2009, 07:04 AM
the west conference is still more powerful than the estern conference IMHO. Out of Cavs, celtics and Magic, the East doesn't have any other team that has the power to threat any playoff team in the west. The powers of the two conferences are still almost equal, I would pick the west if I have to choose one which is better. there are 8 contenders in the west while the east only has 3 contenders, the other playoff team of the east are just mediocre teams like Miami Cheat and the senile Pistons. Raptors should have been a fourth power next to the eastern big 3, but they suck ass this season and are already done.

Sportstudi
04-03-2009, 08:21 AM

Cavs in 6.

Why doesn't that surprise me? :wow

jack sommerset
04-03-2009, 08:53 AM
If SpursDynasty is not a act is it possible he is retarded? I doubt retarded but maybe a mental illness. I still put my money on a act.