03-16-2005, 12:35 PM
Cav's Coach Paul Silas talking about Carlos Boozer:

oh well "See you next tuesday"

reporter: "you mean tomorrow?"

Silas: "No, "See you next tuesday" , spell it out, that's what he is" :lol

See = C

Trooper 2112
03-16-2005, 05:27 PM
too funny :lol , boozer didn't help matters either when he stayed in salt lake.

Kori Ellis
03-16-2005, 05:29 PM
Silas actually said that?

ducks
03-16-2005, 07:30 PM
he is a dick

sickdsm
03-16-2005, 07:42 PM
Did he really say that? Any links?

ducks
03-16-2005, 08:12 PM
heard it was on jim rome

ducks
03-16-2005, 08:29 PM
Cavs coach sorry for comment about Boozer
March 16, 2005

CLEVELAND (AP) -- Cavaliers coach Paul Silas apologized Wednesday for a derogatory comment he made about Utah forward Carlos Boozer following practice earlier this week.

Silas made the remark to reporters Monday, one day before Boozer was due to make his long-awaited return to Gund Arena after leaving the Cavaliers as a free agent last summer. Boozer, though, didn't travel with the Jazz because of a foot injury.

``It was totally inappropriate,'' Silas said before Wednesday's game in Milwaukee. ``It shouldn't have happened. I apologize for it.''

Cavaliers general manager Jim Paxson said he spoke with Silas about the comment.

``I'm confident that he understands that it was completely inappropriate for him to speak in the terms that he did,'' Paxson said in a statement released by the team. ``He greatly regrets it. Regardless of the circumstances, it would never be acceptable for anyone in our organization to speak in that manner at any time, regarding anyone, to anyone. We are very sorry that this occurred.''http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-cavaliers-silasapology&prov=ap&type=lgns

boutons
03-16-2005, 08:57 PM
isn't Boozer out for the season, or nearly?

Looks really bad not to show up, but it would have brought out the worst in the Cleveland fans.

Taco
03-17-2005, 08:36 AM
I heard Sloan is not too happy with Boozer

travis2
03-17-2005, 09:46 AM
Silas actually said that?

Kori, they played the interview on Fox this morning. He said it.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-17-2005, 10:25 AM
http://www.jimrome.com/home/article/article.html

3-16-05

Cleveland Cavalier fans were out in force last night to get a piece of Carlos Boozer, who stuck a knife in the Cavs last off season by bolting for the Utah Jazz. Well, the Jazz were in town for their one and only visit of the year and fans wanted a piece of the guy. But they didn’t get it.

Boozer stayed in Salt Lake because of an injured foot. Oh, okay…..

Before the game, Cavs Head Coach Paul Silas was asked about playing against Boozer and he said, "See-U-Next-Tuesday."

I wonder what he means by that. Let me see. If I spell it out, like he asked me to, that would be c-u-n-Tuesday. Whoa. Did Paul Silas really just call Carols Boozer a C-U Next Tuesday? That’s harsh. Real harsh! And he must have wanted to get his point across. He said it twice and when the reporter didn’t get it, he explained it to him. I don’t think that he likes him all that much. I don’t think he has forgiven him for plunging the knife into his back. That is about the most pointed smack you are going to hear a coach run at a player. It doesn’t get much more personal than that. Well done Paul.

Kori Ellis
03-17-2005, 04:55 PM
That's awesome :lol

MannyIsGod
03-18-2005, 04:32 AM
Holy shit, I already loved Silas but now I love him even more!!!

Kori Ellis
03-18-2005, 04:33 AM
The Cavs fined him.

MannyIsGod
03-18-2005, 04:39 AM
Money well spent!

jalbre6
03-21-2005, 11:20 AM
Well, I wonder if this had anything to do with him getting shitcanned this morning.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2018311

CLEVELAND -- Paul Silas was fired as coach of the Cleveland Cavaliers on Monday with his team fighting for a playoff spot after being in first place earlier in the year.

Silas told The Associated Press he was called in Monday morning for a brief meeting with general manager Jim Paxson and new owner Dan Gilbert.

"They released me," Silas said. "They didn't think the team was performing as well as it should be and they wanted to make a change."

Despite having league superstar LeBron James, the Cavaliers have struggled since the All-Star break, losing seven of 10 and nine straight road games, including Sunday's 105-98 loss to Toronto when James scored a franchise-record 56.

The team also fired Silas' son, assistant coach Stephen Silas. Assistant coach Brendan Malone will be the interim head coach.

The Cavaliers are interested in Cleveland native Flip Saunders as the possible successor to Silas, league sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein. Since his firing in Minnesota, Saunders has said he plans to sit out the rest of this season, but his ties to the city and his lengthy experience coaching another star player out of high school -- Kevin Garnett -- have Cleveland's attention.

ducks
03-21-2005, 02:32 PM
he is a liar he will not!

nacho estrada
03-21-2005, 11:30 PM
Damn Boozer!