PDA

View Full Version : Darwin redneck tests bullet proof vest (oops!)

CosmicCowboy
04-03-2009, 11:24 AM
I loved the part where he doesn't even realize he's lung shot, coughs up blood, and then takes another drag off his cigarette...:lmao

http://www.break.com/index/bulletproof-vest-test-goes-wrong.html

CosmicCowboy
04-03-2009, 12:17 PM
jeez

ttt before stretch blows it off the page.

jman3000
04-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Speechless. God damn those are some stupid people.

What did they think was gonna happen? Taking a bullet at that range with a flimsy ballistic vest is just moronic.

chode_regulator
04-03-2009, 01:30 PM
fake

CosmicCowboy
04-03-2009, 01:43 PM
fake

sure about that?

Oh, Gee!!
04-03-2009, 01:49 PM
fake

CosmicCowboy
04-03-2009, 01:51 PM
fake

I've looked at it 3 times and I'm pretty confident it's real...

What exactly makes you so certain?

Oh, Gee!!
04-03-2009, 01:58 PM
I've looked at it 3 times and I'm pretty confident it's real...

What exactly makes you so certain?

the blood would be pouring and streaming down his pants within seconds. watch the video, the blood just stays there in one place.

CosmicCowboy
04-03-2009, 02:02 PM
the blood would be pouring and streaming down his pants within seconds. watch the video, the blood just stays there in one place.

Haven't ever seen a real gunshot wound, have you?

That was too realistic for those goons to fake. The pressure of the vest kept the blood from coming out the entry hole at first...he was bleeding, but bleeding into the body cavity...after he took the vest off he got the trickle out the entry wound but that is very normal. It was even dead on accurate right down to the whitening of the flesh around the wound...

Oh, Gee!!
04-03-2009, 02:10 PM
it's called photoshop. they photoshopped a picture of an actual gun wound onto the guys torso, but they couldn't figure out how to photoshop the blood past the waistband of the dude's jeans. Watch it again. The blood just stops at the jeans. Blood will continue to flow down the body and penetrate the fabric of the jeans. The wound doesn't have to be gushing, gravity is gonna carry the blood down the body past the waistline.

DayOff
04-03-2009, 02:27 PM
SWEET.. i have 2 more hours to have this type of fun

chode_regulator
04-03-2009, 02:28 PM
sure about that?

no

but no recoil from the gun, no shell casing that comes out, dude takes a shot to the chest pretty damn well and even a punch and doesnt so much as flinch.

i hope it is real bc its funny as shit. i just don't think it is

supposedly one of my co workers in the corps had a friend that did the same thing with the SAPI plates in his vest. I guess they work from what I hear. Close range shot with a 9 mil i think. wish i had seen it to verify.

phyzik
04-03-2009, 02:37 PM
I've been shot in the chest before, from a longer distance and not on purpose, and the blood doesnt look real to me. I held my hand to my chest when it happened, said I was shot, everyone thought I was lying. I removed my hand and instantly my green shirt turned red.

His initial reaction was about the same as mine though, moving around and not quite comprehending what was going on though I failed to do the "hang ten" sign :lol. If it was real, he would be dead within a few hours without a lung pump attached to his side.

CosmicCowboy
04-03-2009, 02:53 PM
I've been shot in the chest before, from a longer distance and not on purpose, and the blood doesnt look real to me. I held my hand to my chest when it happened, said I was shot, everyone thought I was lying. I removed my hand and instantly my green shirt turned red.

His initial reaction was about the same as mine though, moving around and not quite comprehending what was going on though I failed to do the "hang ten" sign :lol. If it was real, he would be dead within a few hours without a lung pump attached to his side.

Well you get to be the expert since you have actually been shot, but I've seen hundreds of animals shot and it's not at all unusual to get very little blood out of the entry wound.

Even funnier, that vest he was using looks like one of those cheap level 2A vests off of e-bay...you can get them for $30-$40 because they are expired...(they degrade over time)...they rip all the tags off of them and sell them cheap...LOL

whottt
04-03-2009, 05:08 PM
no

but no recoil from the gun, no shell casing that comes out,

The gun does fire and there is a recoil from it. Watch the video again closely. It happens real fast.

You don't see the bullet casing flyout probably because the resolution on the video is so poor.

I am pretty sure that's a Glock he's shooting too. Looks almost exactly like my Glock only mine's a .40 and not a 9mm. My .40 barely kicks when you fire it if you hold it with two hands. That's the beauty of it. :tu It will snag the webbing between your thumb and your forefinger if you aren't careful though.

That dude definitely fired the gun at him but it's possible he was shooting blanks.

Looks like a real bullet penetration to me though.

And that guy does react like I would imagine you would react to being shot...although I've never been shot so I can't say for certain.

Plus the situation seems real...a bunch of buddies drinkng and fucking around with a gun that end up doing something stupid with it. I've seen that many times. When I am hanging out with friends and they start pulling out guns and waving them around, I usually leave the area ASAP, because something stupid has a very good chance of happening.

dude takes a shot to the chest pretty damn well and even a punch and doesnt so much as flinch.

I bet if you are shot in the chest a punch afterwards doesn't even register on the pain scale, plus he doesn't really hit him that hard.

I vote for real.

The gun definitely does fire and recoil though...you just have to watch the video closely.

whottt
04-03-2009, 05:13 PM
The gun fires and recoils at the 14 second mark of the video.

DPG21920
04-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Whott the f*uck. What are people thinking and Whott why are you hanging with dude bustin out gats for?

CosmicCowboy
04-03-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm pretty sure that was real and that ignorant redneck probably ended up in the ER spitting blood shortly after that. Bet he wasn't flashing his stupid sign then. The vest slowed it down but didn't stop it...bullet missed a rib and probably stopped in the lung poking a nice little bleeder hole.

PixelPusher
04-03-2009, 08:57 PM
the gun does recoil, it's just that the sound doesn't match up so the "pop" occurs after the hammer goes back.

Pablo Escobar
04-03-2009, 09:03 PM
you really think you would be that cool
shit i would be on my ass screaming like what the fuck just happened

timvp
04-03-2009, 09:18 PM
That looks real to me. If it's fake, they need to work for Hollywood because that's exactly what a bullet wound to the chest looks like.

chode_regulator
04-03-2009, 11:06 PM
the gun does recoil, it's just that the sound doesn't match up so the "pop" occurs after the hammer goes back.

I was unaware taht striker fired pistols had hammers...

That video makes it hard to tell. It does kinda seem as if the slide does cycle through just before the "pop" registers on the video but I still don't see a recoil or a spent shell. I find it hard to believe you wouldn't see the shell casing pop out on it.

I am not saying 100% that this is fake, I just think it is. And hope it is for that matter, otherwise that guy has a hell of a stoyr to tell, if he lived

chode_regulator
04-03-2009, 11:08 PM
That gun, to me, does not look like it has any recoil to it. I hvae fired a glock, over 100 rounds (yeah I know not a ton of rounds but enough to know) and it was a 40 and it sure as hell had a recoil. all handguns do, shit all guns period do.
that gun does not move an inch.

edit:oh yeah, ive never been shot before, hpefully never will, but i would imagine that if i had been shot and someone punched me right where i just got shot that it woudl hurt pretty fucking bad. thats like saying if someone got stabbed and you left the knife in them, and then hit the knife so it went side to side that it wouldnt hurt

PixelPusher
04-03-2009, 11:45 PM
I was unaware taht striker fired pistols had hammers...

y-yer...yer brain has the...shell on it...

I'm retarded.

whottt
04-04-2009, 12:12 AM

That video makes it hard to tell. It does kinda seem as if the slide does cycle through just before the "pop" registers on the video

It's called the speed out of sound...and it's a slower than a typical 9mm bullet, especially when it has to travel through air. And especially at close range. Not only did the bullet fire before you heard it, at that range it had likely already hit him before you heard it.

And the slide does move...

In addition to all that, this was probably recorded with a cellphone or something so not only is the resolution not that good but is also probably doesn't record video and sound as fast a as a gun fires and a bullet travels.

Fake or not, we can debate that all day long, but the guy definitely fires the gun.

Slow the video down if you still don't believe, that gun was fired.

whottt
04-04-2009, 12:36 AM
Whott the f*uck. What are people thinking and Whott why are you hanging with dude bustin out gats for?

It's not like you have a to be a criminal to own a gun...so far.

Oh yeah...he doesn't punch him exactly where he shot him, but he the guy does react to it, it's just that it's not a greater pain than what he was already feeling from the 9mm bullet hitting him in the chest. I mean that vest is designed to absorb the impact of a bullet so a fist punching it isn't going to register much.

:lmao and one other thing, if I had been stupid enough to do it and that dick punched me in the chest right after he shot me, as soon as I caught my breath I would have raged out with everything I had on that dude for punching me. That dude deserves at least 5-6 hard punches in the face for that stunt. I hate dicks that do shit like that.

DPG21920
04-04-2009, 01:53 AM
It's not like you have a to be a criminal to own a gun...so far.

Oh yeah...he doesn't punch him exactly where he shot him, but he the guy does react to it, it's just that it's not a greater pain than what he was already feeling from the 9mm bullet hitting him in the chest. I mean that vest is designed to absorb the impact of a bullet so a fist punching it isn't going to register much.

:lmao and one other thing, if I had been stupid enough to do it and that dick punched me in the chest right after he shot me, as soon as I caught my breath I would have raged out with everything I had on that dude for punching me. That dude deserves at least 5-6 hard punches in the face for that stunt. I hate dicks that do shit like that.

That was not what I was implying at all. These guys did not look like "thugs" and they owned guns. What i was questioning was why hang around with guys that seemingly pull out their guns at stupid moments and act like they are toys?

You said when your friends do that, you leave. Well, who the F does that on any kind of normal basis. Owning a gun to protect yourself is one thing, not understanding that guns are not toys is another...

chode_regulator
04-04-2009, 12:17 PM
It's called the speed out of sound...and it's a slower than a typical 9mm bullet, especially when it has to travel through air. And especially at close range. Not only did the bullet fire before you heard it, at that range it had likely already hit him before you heard it.

And the slide does move...

In addition to all that, this was probably recorded with a cellphone or something so not only is the resolution not that good but is also probably doesn't record video and sound as fast a as a gun fires and a bullet travels.

Fake or not, we can debate that all day long, but the guy definitely fires the gun.

Slow the video down if you still don't believe, that gun was fired.
yea i know. i wasnt saying bc the sound doesnt match up taht it's not fired, i was just making that general comment.
i still think its fake. just my opinion, no real need to keep debating it.

why hang around with guys that seemingly pull out their guns at stupid moments and act like they are toys?

haha that was the only source of entertainment we had in iraq.

chode_regulator
04-04-2009, 12:18 PM
y-yer...yer brain has the...shell on it...

I'm retarded.

classic

i watched black sheep last night, and while not quite as funny as tommy boy, still some very awesome comedy in it. everytime i see farley in a movie i get sad. that man was HILARIOUS

I dont know which scene is better in black sheep, where he falls down the hill and gets stuck twice and continues falling or his random speech at the concert