PDA

View Full Version : DENVER will likely retain 2nd spot

poop
04-03-2009, 12:06 PM
they only have 6 games left.

4 of them are against Clippers, Minnesota, thunder, and sacramento.

they also have the tiebreaker with us.

if they lose their other 2 games (at LA and at Portl), they will finish 54-28.

in order to claim 2nd spot, we are gonna need to go 7-1.

and we still have to play portland, utah, new orleans, and AT CLEVELAND.

xtremesteven33
04-03-2009, 12:08 PM
#2 and #3 doesnt really make that big of a difference.....#2 and #4 would make a big difference

Spursfan092120
04-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Matter of fact, 3 seed sounds good...we'll probably end up playing Utah with HCA..and everyone knows how Utah plays on the road.

SanAntonioSpurs23
04-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Matter of fact, 3 seed sounds good...we'll probably end up playing Utah with HCA..and everyone knows how Utah plays on the road.

Actually a 3rd place finish would most likely end up us having to play the Blazers in the first round. Uath has a tough schedule coming up with 4 AWAY games against playoff teams. If they are not careful they could fall to 8th.

With that being said Portland would be an interesting match-up for the Spurs I'm not sure I like it.

JWest596
04-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Too close to even speculate where the Spurs land. IMO too many games remains and a games differences between too many teams in the West. Nor don't discount the "spoiler" effect of lottery teams who will play out of their minds just for pride while PO teams rest or don't care waiting for the post season. .02

poop
04-03-2009, 12:22 PM
it just sucks because should we face denver in the 2nd THEY will have HCA. all because we threw away a bunch of games in the last 2 weeks.

Spursfan092120
04-03-2009, 12:24 PM
it just sucks because should we face denver in the 2nd THEY will have HCA. all because we threw away a bunch of games in the last 2 weeks.
Shit...we'll handle Denver...no worries. Only team I'm worried about is the Lakers.

honestfool84
04-03-2009, 12:29 PM

you're the worst fan i've ever seen.

i'd even put you past sequ spur.

at least HE cheers for the spurs.

damn, you're annoying.

cd98
04-03-2009, 12:39 PM
Spurs will beat Denver regardless of Home court. They don't want that fourth seed though. That means even if they win the first round, they will face the Lakers in the second.

honestfool84
04-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Spurs will beat Denver regardless of Home court. They don't want that fourth seed though. That means even if they win the first round, they will face the Lakers in the second.

if we have to play them, i don't think it matters WHEN we play them.

xtremesteven33
04-03-2009, 12:44 PM
I just pray that someone eliminates the Lakers in the 1st or 2nd round.

:praying:

The Lakers are already on tired legs, hopefully it comes back to haunt them.

poop
04-03-2009, 12:47 PM
you're the worst fan i've ever seen.

i'd even put you past sequ spur.

at least HE cheers for the spurs.

damn, you're annoying.

shut up bitch.

ive watched the entirety of all but 2 games this season.

ive been following the spurs closely since 1994.

all im doing is pointing out the consequences of our recent boneheaded play

mytespurs
04-03-2009, 12:49 PM

The Lakers will have Bynum back plus they'll be at home = rejuvenation so I wouldn't rely on any help there! The Spurs better man up and be ready come playoff time or their appearance in the postseason will be brief.

urunobili
04-03-2009, 12:49 PM
another poop thread :deadhorse

poop
04-03-2009, 12:54 PM
another poop thread :deadhorse

i see your still stalking my every post.

urunobili
04-03-2009, 01:01 PM
i see your still stalking my every post.

doesn't take much to notice your threads when they're posted on the best Spurs forum in the web... so what value or something we don;t know does this new one bring? :wakeup

baseline bum
04-03-2009, 01:05 PM

I'd rather get LA in the second round than the third. Having to go through two brutal rounds with Phoenix and New Orleans last year took a lot out of the tank that the team needed to have any shot vs LA, and it cost them bigtime (they got steamrolled in the fourth in games 1,2, and 5). The fourth seed is my best-case scenario for entering the playoffs, and I hope the Spurs concede the division to Houston.

Ain't gonna happen. This year's Lakers aren't the bitches the '07 Mavs were.

mexicanjunior
04-03-2009, 02:56 PM

If they give up the #2 seed, going down to #4 is probably their best chance. Bynum may not be completely back by the 2nd round and the wear on Duncan may not have totally taken it's toll. That said, there is no guarantee we even make it out of the first round. I could see us having a difficult time with NO, Portland or Utah even with HCA...

xtremesteven33
04-03-2009, 03:01 PM
I'd rather get LA in the second round than the third. Having to go through two brutal rounds with Phoenix and New Orleans last year took a lot out of the tank that the team needed to have any shot vs LA, and it cost them bigtime (they got steamrolled in the fourth in games 1,2, and 5)

I agree.

Id want to face them in the second round...we would be more fresher and better prepared to face them.

Thomas82
04-03-2009, 03:01 PM
spurs will beat denver regardless of home court. They don't want that fourth seed though. That means even if they win the first round, they will face the lakers in the second.

+1

Darrin
04-03-2009, 03:52 PM
#2 and #3 doesnt really make that big of a difference.....#2 and #4 would make a big difference

Homecourt advantage in the second round series against Denver is a little bit of a big deal. Playing Utah (Conference Finalist in 2007) or Portland (first time in since Rasheed Wallace) is a big deal.

jag
04-03-2009, 03:55 PM
shut up bitch.

ive watched the entirety of all but 2 games this season.

ive been following the spurs closely since 1994.

all im doing is pointing out the consequences of our recent boneheaded play

What a shitty poster.

Allanon
04-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Yeah, it does look like Denver's going to keep the #2 spot.

Going between 3-4 isn't much of a difference. It's going to be Houston, Portland or Hornets and all of them have their pros and cons.

Most important thing now is to win just enough to not fall below 4 and get healthy for the Playoffs.

Creation88
04-03-2009, 04:25 PM
would it be a bad idea to get the 4th seed and just try and take out LA in the 2nd round when we aren't so tired?

LockBeard
04-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Drop to 8th imo.

xtremesteven33
04-03-2009, 04:32 PM
Homecourt advantage in the second round series against Denver is a little bit of a big deal. Playing Utah (Conference Finalist in 2007) or Portland (first time in since Rasheed Wallace) is a big deal.

Thats if they win their rounds....Denver losing to the Hornets or the Mavericks isnt a far fetched idea......actually i would expect them to lose to the Hornets (if healthy)

bdictjames
04-03-2009, 05:18 PM
Who to play.. Utah or Portland?

poop
04-03-2009, 05:51 PM
id rather play utah that portland right now, they lack portland's youth and athleticism which always give the spurs problems, as well as having a smaller frontcourt

EricB
04-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Thats if they win their rounds....Denver losing to the Hornets or the Mavericks isnt a far fetched idea......actually i would expect them to lose to the Hornets (if healthy)

Denver will screw up against a bad team as well.

I mean this is the same team that lost by 40 to the Nets.

Allanon
04-03-2009, 05:53 PM
I don't think Utah's really an option for the Spurs unless the Spurs get back to #2.

My guess is Utah will end up #8 or #7 at best.