PDA

View Full Version : Its all about the lakers

anonoftheinternets
04-03-2009, 12:54 PM
The crazy rotations, the incessant benching, the seemingly crazy pop, u guys just dont get it, pop doesnt care about other teams right now(he would bench the big three in that denver game over and over again). Sure a standard lineup with Thomas or even fab instead of bonner would work against all other teams, and it would surely work against okl, but pop is trying to get bonner's confidence up for the lakers.

Last year, pop totally played the spurs to win, what happend? In the PO, the lakers left brucie open in the corner, and it was GREAT for the first half, coz bowen looked like a superstar and then? Every one else was cold, down the stretch.

This year, lol at thomas defending bynum, he tried that already, bynum would jus shoot over him. And we NEED duncan on gasol coz he can totally shut that shit down. Now juuuus imagine, and pumped up bonner shooting threes. Bynum would not even see court time. And worse comes to worse, if that does not work, we can always go with thomas he is a true professional who will play for us in PO. But having gasol and bynum in the post would also make things miserable for parker and ginobili and we would really become a pathetic jump shooting team.

Secondly, if they do pack the lane, as PJ loves to do against spurs to stop the one man destruction army that is parker, and crazy legs ginobili, we tried to get the best jump shooters, to make those shots fall and prevent those horrible offensive droughts that happened last year. And how do we develop their confidence? By benching them and allowing penetration from parker and gino in the regular season? We all know they can do taht, we need to develop jump shooters who are not afraid of pressure and can shoot the ball in the PO and make the lakers pay for blindly packing the lane.

I think its lakers or bust, I could not give two hoots about seeing, OKL, or any other team or some < 5 pt loss in regular season. I would exchange all of that for a chance for bonner/pop to do something special this post season. That is beat a stacked Lakers lineup, against all odds. And remember obviously Pop can still go with tthe standard lineup all of us are suggesting if things dont work in game 1, 2. But I think in Pops mind its lakers or bust. Hence the boneheaded lineups in REGULAR season, which is when the spurs tweak and practice.

:lobt2:

Spursfan092120
04-03-2009, 01:00 PM
The crazy rotations, the incessant benching, the seemingly crazy pop, u guys just dont get it, pop doesnt care about other teams right now(he would bench the big three in that denver game over and over again). Sure a standard lineup with Thomas or even fab instead of bonner would work against all other teams, and it would surely work against okl, but pop is trying to get bonner's confidence up for the lakers.

Last year, pop totally played the spurs to win, what happend? In the PO, the lakers left brucie open in the corner, and it was GREAT for the first half, coz bowen looked like a superstar and then? Every one else was cold, down the stretch.

This year, lol at thomas defending bynum, he tried that already, bynum would jus shoot over him. And we NEED duncan on gasol coz he can totally shut that shit down. Now juuuus imagine, and pumped up bonner shooting threes. Bynum would not even see court time. And worse comes to worse, if that does not work, we can always go with thomas he is a true professional who will play for us in PO. But having gasol and bynum in the post would also make things miserable for parker and ginobili and we would really become a pathetic jump shooting team.

Secondly, if they do pack the lane, as PJ loves to do against spurs to stop the one man destruction army that is parker, and crazy legs ginobili, we tried to get the best jump shooters, to make those shots fall and prevent those horrible offensive droughts that happened last year. And how do we develop their confidence? By benching them and allowing penetration from parker and gino in the regular season? We all know they can do taht, we need to develop jump shooters who are not afraid of pressure and can shoot the ball in the PO and make the lakers pay for blindly packing the lane.

I think its lakers or bust, I could not give two hoots about seeing, OKL, or any other team or some < 5 pt loss in regular season. I would exchange all of that for a chance for bonner/pop to do something special this post season. That is beat a stacked Lakers lineup, against all odds. And remember obviously Pop can still go with tthe standard lineup all of us are suggesting if things dont work in game 1, 2. But I think in Pops mind its lakers or bust. Hence the boneheaded lineups in REGULAR season, which is when the spurs tweak and practice.

:tu I've been saying this for a while. Pop focuses on beating the Lakers. Whether or not that will be good in the end, we'll find out.

poop
04-03-2009, 01:14 PM
so..your secret weapon for beating the lakers is...matt bonner

SPURS50
04-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Interesting take! Maybe your on to something.

Spursfan092120
04-03-2009, 02:00 PM
Not sure if I've seen a worse Spurs fan than you. If I have, I'd have to look back REALLY far in my fandom. But off the top of my head...I doubt there's been a worse Spurs fan that I've ever met. I've seen a lot of your posts...none of them have been positive. If you don't want to cheer for our Spurs, then don't. But don't pretend to be a fan and say you believe in your team when you obviously don't.

urunobili
04-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Not sure if I've seen a worse Spurs fan than you. If I have, I'd have to look back REALLY far in my fandom. But off the top of my head...I doubt there's been a worse Spurs fan that I've ever met. I've seen a lot of your posts...none of them have been positive. If you don't want to cheer for our Spurs, then don't. But don't pretend to be a fan and say you believe in your team when you obviously don't.

I am starting to think that poop is a Louis troll... :wakeup

Spursfan092120
04-03-2009, 02:06 PM
I am starting to think that poop is a Louis troll... :wakeup
interesting...lol...could be.

anonoftheinternets
04-03-2009, 02:06 PM

nah dont worry about poop, he is a fan, its just his first year cheering, and the spurs are notorious for ups and downs during a season, after a while, people get used to it, im sure he will too.

anonoftheinternets
04-03-2009, 02:07 PM

well ideally its rasheed wallace. But we dont have him this year. do u want to quit instead of trying with matt bonner?

SpursWench21
04-03-2009, 02:10 PM

+1 I like the optimism. I agree that Pop has his sights set on revenge for what the lakes did to us last year. Let us hope that it will work...:flag:

sananspursfan21
04-03-2009, 02:20 PM
well ideally its rasheed wallace. But we dont have him this year. do u want to quit instead of trying with matt bonner?

:tu preach it

boutons_deux
04-03-2009, 02:22 PM
Rasheed's old now, and always has been a very talented, lazy, unmotivated guy. eg, in the 05 Finals Game7, he put in a incredible show on both ends first quarter, then disappeared.

anonoftheinternets
04-03-2009, 02:26 PM
Rasheed's old now, and always has been a very talented, lazy, unmotivated guy. eg, in the 05 Finals Game7, he put in a incredible show on both ends first quarter, then disappeared.

totally true, but he wud have a really small specific role here, shoot the three, play some defense in the low block, and rebound. And if you can come up with a better fit for that role you're more than welcome. I just thought he fit that role quite well.

Spursfan092120
04-03-2009, 02:31 PM
poop = http://triptotheouthouse.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/dog-poop2.jpg

mexicanjunior
04-03-2009, 02:37 PM

This current incarnation of the Spurs will have a very difficult time getting to the Lakers unless they fall to the 8th seed (which is possible). I know posters on here like to believe that the Spurs can win on the road consistently throughout the playoffs but the Spurs have never won a championship in a year they didn't have HCA in at least 2 rounds of the playoffs. The way this team is going, they won't have HCA in any round...