PDA

View Full Version : Manu's New Article (Awaiting Translation)

urunobili
04-03-2009, 03:40 PM
www.manuginobili.com

Necesitamos despertar, sacudir el avispero

por MANU

Ya nos instalamos en esta ciudad, donde esta noche enfrentaremos a los Pacers. Indianápolis y el Conseco Fieldhouse siempre activan los buenos recuerdos de aquel subtítulo mundial conseguido con la selección en 2002. Aunque acepto que ahora, aunque vengamos sólo una vez al año, no es tan fuerte como en las primeras veces, cuando revivía hasta el recorrido del colectivo con todos los chicos cantando un triunfo más.

Bueno, pero el tema es otro. El equipo no está en un buen momento, aunque tampoco es para alarmarse. Si queremos terminar 2dos en el Oeste no deberíamos perder más, pero eso es relativo, hemos sido campeones terminando la serie regular en una peor ubicación.

Lo que sí necesitamos es despertar, como se dice vulgarmente, sacudir el avispero y aumentar nuestra responsabilidad, porque estamos jugando mal. Hay muchos detalles pequeños que corregir. No estamos aceitados como otros años a esta altura de la temporada. Creo que el equipo sufrió muchas variantes durante la campaña y eso complicó.

Yo me perdí 32 partidos y estoy buscando mi mejor nivel, Tim Duncan sufre lesiones en sus rodillas y esas tendinitis le permiten jugar bien dos partidos y por ahí se siente frenado en los tres siguientes. Tony Parker, pese a sus 26 años y tremenda condición atlética, tuvo que tirar del carro todo el año por los problemas nuestros y por ahí siente el cansancio mentalmente. Roger Mason tiene que cambiar su rol cada vez que yo regreso. Drew Gooden, nos puede aportar muchísimo, pero hace pocos partidos que está con nosotros.

Es decir, necesitamos reajustar muchas cositas, establecer una rotación definitiva. También varió el aporte de los grandes, pero creo que eso tiene que ver con que a veces los rivales juegan con un pivote y cuatro bajos, por eso a veces Matt Bonner no juega tanto y se da el partido más para Ime Udoka o Kurt Thomas.

Repito, hay que ajustar todas las tuercas porque sino nos iremos pronto de vacaciones. Tenemos que jugar los ocho partidos que nos quedan como si fuesen finales. Y lo peor es que el Oeste esta complicadísimo. Es una lotería. Hace dos semanas éramos segundos cómodos y ahora Dallas, que está 8vo, sólo tiene dos derrotas más que nosotros. Está claro que jugando así podemos terminar 2dos u 8vos , y no tiene sentido pensar en qué rival te conviene enfrentar en los playoffs. Que toque el que toque, lo único seguro es que no queremos arrancar con los Lakers y que nos gustaría tener ventaja de localía en la primera ronda. Después, si hay que encontrarse con los Lakers, no importa que sea en la siguiente o la final. Hay que ganarles, nada más.

En cuanto a mi estado y mi nivel, estoy tranquilo y contento. Me siento rápido, aunque aún cumpliendo el período de readaptación. Todavía tengo que saltar más, llegar bien alto, pero en las fintas y los movimientos laterales no tengo problemas. El primer regreso me costó muchísimo más, pero la espera fue más dura esta vez que la primera. La lesión de febrero llegó en el peor momento, justo cuando estaba tomando ritmo. Fue un mazazo en la nuca. Encima me dijeron que iban a ser tres semanas y terminaron siendo como cinco o seis. Fue una situación psicológicamente muy dura. Y no hay que olvidar que en esta temporada empecé de cero tres veces. La primera fue en junio con la selección, antes de ir a los Juegos Olímpicos. Realmente es duro y si bien es doloroso perder partidos, pero mirarlos desde afuera es una tortura. Sentir que no podés ayudar a tu equipo te llena de impotencia.

Ahora llevo cuatro partidos jugados y excepto en el primero, en el que entré duro y medio excitado, en los demás me sentí suelto y fuerte, recuperando mi juego.

Por último, para los que me preguntan por Fabricio Oberto, que sufrió una arritmia cardíaca, les digo que ahora lo veo mucho más tranquilo. Antes se lo notaba más dubitativo, pero desde hace unos días está bien, controlado y para jugar.

urunobili
04-03-2009, 03:44 PM
We need to wake up, shake things up.

by Manu

Translation - urunobili

We are already installed on this city where tonight we’ll play the Pacers. Indianapolis and the Conseco Fielhouse always activate good memories from that second place obtained on 2002 with Argentina’s National Team. Except now, though we just come once a year, it doesn’t feel as strong as it did the first few times when I revived the chants of the team in the bus after each victory.

Ok the topic is really another one. The team is not on a good moment right now but it’s not something to hit the panic button. If we want to finish second in the west we shouldn’t lose anymore, but that is relative, we have been champions finishing the regular season in an even worse position.

What we do need right now is to wake up, like it said vulgarly, shake things up and take ownership of our responsibilities because we’re playing really bad. There are lots of little details to be corrected. We are not as dynamic as we have been at this same stage of the season years before. I think the team suffered lots of changes during this campaign and that complicated things.

I lost 32 games and I am searching for my best level now, Tim Duncan is having some issues on his knees and that kind of tendinitis lets him play great a couple of games but then the next three ones he feels limited. Tony Parker despite being only 26 years old and having a tremendous physical conditioning has been carrying the load all year because of our issues and is starting to feel tired mostly mentally. Roger Mason has to change his role each time I come back. Drew Gooden could give us a lot but it has been just some games since he joined us.

Let’s say we need to re-adjust lots of little things, establish a set rotation. The bigs have also changed their contributions but I think that has to be mostly due to the kind of rivals we play. Some play with a Center and 4 smalls, that’s why sometimes Matt Bonner doesn’t play a lot and the game makes more sense to be faced with either Ime Udoka or Kurt Thomas.

I repeat, we have to have all cylinders rolling because otherwise we’ll go out on vacations soon. We have 8 games left that have to be faced as finals. And the worst thing is that the west is very complicated. It’s a lottery. Two weeks ago we were 2nd by far and now Dallas that is 8th just have two less loses than we do. It’s also clear that playing like this we could finish 2nd or 8th and it doesn’t make any sense thinking of what rival is better for you to face in the playoffs. Whoever we play we just don’t want the Lakers in the first round and we would like to begin playing at home against the first rival. After that, if we have to face the Lakers, it doesn’t matter if it’s on the next round or in the WCF. We just have to beat them nothing else.

Regarding my conditioning and level of play, I am calm and content. I feel fast but still going through the re-adaptation period. I still have to jump higher, reach further levels, but on the fakes and lateral movements I have no problems. The first comeback was way tougher than this one, but the wait on this one was more difficult than the first one. February’s injury caught me at the very worst moment, just when I was getting into a rhythm. It was like a hammer in my shoulder. On top of that they told me it would be 3 weeks only to get back in the court and ended up being 5 or 6 weeks instead. It was a very tough situation for me psychologically wise. And don’t forget that this is the third time I had to begin from scratch this season. The first one was in June with the National team before going to the Olympics. It’s really tough and despite the fact that is already painful to miss games, its way worse to be on he sidelines, a torture. You feel that you can’t help your team and you feel useless because of that.

Now I have played for four games already and except on the first one that I got in rusty and overexcited, on the other ones I felt loose and strong getting my game back.

Lastly, and for the ones asking about Fabricio Oberto, that suffered a cardiac arrhythmia, let me tell you that now I see him much calmer. Before he was hesitating, but it’s been a couple of days since he has been OK, controlled and ready to play.

Obstructed_View
04-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Cool. Thanks for the effort.

And fuck you too. :)

Obstructed_View
04-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Sorry, dude. Just busting your balls. You know I appreciate the work you put in on translation.

urunobili
04-03-2009, 06:52 PM
sorry, dude. Just busting your balls. You know i appreciate the work you put in on translation.

fuck you

ill finish it after the game... wanna get more angry with Pop for not playing his two best perimeter defensive stoppers at all... maybe at half time

urunobili
04-03-2009, 07:44 PM
It's done guys!

Obstructed_life please remove the google shit...

Thanks in advance...

Ur-Nob

Spursmania
04-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Yeah, the google shit is so wrong. LMAO at the translation. Lol-thanks Uronobili and thanks for trying OV! Spurs looking good-going back to game thread.

Rogue
04-03-2009, 07:53 PM
google is not a shit, it sucks sometimes though. uru's translation is inarguably 1000 times better than google's and i really appreciate the efforts and time uru has paid for this translation, thanks a bunch. :toast

350slk
04-03-2009, 11:11 PM
Thanks urunobili

urunobili
04-04-2009, 07:20 AM
Cool. Thanks for the effort.

And fuck you too. :)

It's all in the family :toast :lol

sonic21
04-04-2009, 07:29 AM
thanks for the translation :tu