sribb43
04-03-2009, 11:06 PM
What a bunch of pussies.....:bang

Shank
04-03-2009, 11:09 PM
http://gabesguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/breaking-news-cutup.png

Ghazi
04-03-2009, 11:11 PM
Bro, this is basketball. Not football or boxing where heart and toughness and "guts" actually matter. Did we not watch 2006 when D-Whistle's primadonna gutless pussy flopping was rewarded with 97 FT's. We just didn't make our shots, and the Grizzlies had some miracle jump shots. Dirk missing FT's, Wright missing corner 3's, JET missing open 3's, Dirk's TO at end of 3rd giving Grizz 2 PT, Conley beating the shot clock twice with luck shots. It has nothing to do with sack, it has to do with talent and execution.

sribb43
04-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Bro, this is basketball. Not football or boxing where heart and toughness and "guts" actually matter. Did we not watch 2006 when D-Whistle's primadonna gutless pussy flopping was rewarded with 97 FT's. We just didn't make our shots, and the Grizzlies had some miracle jump shots. Dirk missing FT's, Wright missing corner 3's, JET missing open 3's, Dirk's TO at end of 3rd giving Grizz 2 PT, Conley beating the shot clock twice with luck shots. It has nothing to do with sack, it has to do with talent and execution.

Bro, have you not watched a game all season, this goes beyond tonights performance

Ghazi
04-03-2009, 11:32 PM
It's just a matter of being starved of talent, not a matter of "sack".

You need lateral quickness and size to defend. You need slashers and shooters and a scoring big man to be efficient offensively.

Terry and Dirk used to make some of the 3's they miss these days. Of all the many drastic drop offs for Mavs one is 3-PT shooting. From top 5 to bottom 5 in league, yet still top 5 in attempts (yikes!). It's not a matter of sack really, it's just a matter of making shot.

mavs>spurs2
04-04-2009, 08:00 AM
Bro, this is basketball. Not football or boxing where heart and toughness and "guts" actually matter.

Dude, just wow. If you can't see that these things matter, then there's no point in even further discussing basketball with you. The mavs are some sad, sackless motherfuckers. Anyone who's played competitive basketball at any level knows the value of heart.

de Soto
04-04-2009, 09:39 AM
What a bunch of pussies.....:bang

Yes, you are. Congrats!:toast

sribb43
04-04-2009, 10:31 AM
Dude, just wow. If you can't see that these things matter, then there's no point in even further discussing basketball with you. The mavs are some sad, sackless motherfuckers. Anyone who's played competitive basketball at any level knows the value of heart.

:clap

Mr.ChugDynasty
04-04-2009, 12:01 PM
He's not completely wrong. At the end of the day if you can't make a shot it doesn't matter how much heart you have.

DeadlyDynasty
04-04-2009, 12:14 PM
He's not completely wrong. At the end of the day if you can't make a shot it doesn't matter how much heart you have.

yes and no. The Mavericks need to beat teams like this--especially in the stretch run. It cost them a golden opportunity to avoid LA in the first round. They can still climb in the standings, but right now they're just too inconsistent of a team to capitalize.

Ghazi
04-04-2009, 12:43 PM

I watched the damn game bro. Kidd plays w/ heart all the time, I'm never gonna criticize Dirk's toughness or heart after he led us to a 2006 NBA championship. Barea shouldn't have a job in the league, but he does cause of heart. Singleton gives effort all the time. Wright? Meh, he just sucks at jump shootin. Terry's having a great year at age 31. Dampier tanked after his fat contract, take a shot at him perhaps.

It's not heart, it's making jump shots. not that hard to figure out.

Talent is the most important thing in basketball. JET/JHo/Dirk/Damp were on a Finals team and a 67 win team, does that mean they HAD heart back then and lost it? Or were they winning in spite of heart, if that's the case then my theory is proven true (you don't' need heart to win) ;) The intangibles such as leadership, toughness, "heart" are overblown. Didn't we bring Kidd here because of his leadership and toughness. I doubt doubt those qualities from him, but it doesn't translate to winning basketball games.

mavs>spurs2
04-04-2009, 12:57 PM
I watched the damn game bro. Kidd plays w/ heart all the time, I'm never gonna criticize Dirk's toughness or heart after he led us to a 2006 NBA championship. Barea shouldn't have a job in the league, but he does cause of heart. Singleton gives effort all the time. Wright? Meh, he just sucks at jump shootin. Terry's having a great year at age 31. Dampier tanked after his fat contract, take a shot at him perhaps.

It's not heart, it's making jump shots. not that hard to figure out.

Talent is the most important thing in basketball. JET/JHo/Dirk/Damp were on a Finals team and a 67 win team, does that mean they HAD heart back then and lost it? Or were they winning in spite of heart, if that's the case then my theory is proven true (you don't' need heart to win) ;) The intangibles such as leadership, toughness, "heart" are overblown. Didn't we bring Kidd here because of his leadership and toughness. I doubt doubt those qualities from him, but it doesn't translate to winning basketball games.

No, you said that heart and toughness "doesn't matter," not that it's a key factor along with talent. Of course talent is important in basketball, that's fucking apparent. But when a 67 win team loses to an 8 seed, when your second best player shoots 29%, when your 2nd best player quits because his two buddies were traded away, those are all heart issues. This team has lost every big game this year if it meant a chance to move up in the standings. As Mono said, "When I heard we had a chance to move within a game of the 7 seed, i knew we were fucked." That's a heart issue. And the reason Kidd's leadership isn't translating to winning basketball games is because he's old and no longer able to go out and lead by example.

In this league, some guys like Kobe have "it" meaning when they game is close, you know he's going to take over. You know he's going to take the shot, and most likely hit it. He incites fear in the opposing team because they know he's about to kick it into an unmatchable gear. Then you have those guys who fold in those situations. Those guy's who shoot fadeaway's from the top of the key with a 6'1 point guard on them. Now to be totally fair, the Mavs suffer from both a talent AND a heart deficiency. We wouldn't win the championship this year anyway even if we had all the heart in the world, but we could at least be a higher seed and be looking at a 2nd round exit instead of a 4-0 sweep at the hands of the Lakers. But what about all those years we did have the talent? We never got it done, and that's an issue. I know as well as you do that we got screwed in 06, but what's even worse is instead of responding with fire and intensity, we just ducked our heads and pouted, not even TRYING to overcome it. The Mavs are some sad, sackless motherfuckers and I'll be glad to see this team rebuilt.

monosylab1k
04-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Anyone who's played competitive basketball at any level knows the value of heart.

son Ghazi knows nothing about that. Here's a youtube video of Ghazi shooting free throws.

b28Lp7vwAG0

Shank
04-04-2009, 01:05 PM
Kige Ramsey fucking genius!

Ghazi
04-04-2009, 01:21 PM
all im saying is relative to other sports basketball takes less "heart" and toughness. and all im saying is dirk/jet/kidd play w/ good effort and "heart" and the bench players for the most part as well, they just dont make their shots. thats all im saying.

mavs>spurs2
04-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Less toughness than football, but more heart than any other sport. Basketball is all about skill, and you have to "want it" and play to the best of those abilities or you don't stand a chance. Basketball is so fast paced that you have to give it your all and not slip up for 48 minutes, especially in crunch time. Players without heart let other emotions like fear or intimidation get in the way of playing to the best of their abilities.

Spursmania
04-04-2009, 02:27 PM
son Ghazi knows nothing about that. Here's a youtube video of Ghazi shooting free throws.

b28Lp7vwAG0

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Ghazi
04-04-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm not denying any of that, I'm just saying the Mavs don't make their shots like they used to. In 2007 6 guys had career or near career shooting years (Stack, Harris, Terry, Dirk, Howard, GEORGE) and even Damp was giving 7 points per game plus the Mavs were 20-4 in games decided by 5 or less. We won back then because we hit our shots, we aren't as good today because we don't hit our shots like we used to. Also the defense has regressed. I don't think it has to do with the collective heart of our beloved Mavs, it just has to do with making shots.

Lars
04-04-2009, 03:30 PM
Mavs had one year of making fluke shots. They could only pretend to be good for so long.

mavs>spurs2
04-04-2009, 03:34 PM
That's true yes, our team has regressed as a whole. Josh Howard is no longer an all star caliber player that does all the dirty work, there are no marquis daniels and adrian griffins to throw at the opposing teams best wing, our team isn't very deep and there's no Devin to break down defenses. We wouldn't win a championship with all the heart in the world, but some day when we have a new team years down the road I hope that they can have both heart and talent.

mavs>spurs2
04-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Mavs had one year of making fluke shots. They could only pretend to be good for so long.

Dude, your act is fucking old. The Mavs were contenders from about 02 to 07. We could easily have 2 championships if Dirk didn't get hurt in 03 and if we didn't get screwed in 06, hell maybe even 3 if we didn't get matched up with Golden State in 07. Don't try to act all like the Mavs just "went out and shot some shots one year," that's fucking SDesque.

Lars
04-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Dude, your act is fucking old.

Oh I'm sorry, does it irritate you when people come in and snipe at your team after a loss. Maybe you should read every fucking Mav fan post ever about anything Rocket related you hippocritical fuck.

clambake
04-04-2009, 03:47 PM
they have a sack.

donnie uses it to collect all their balls before each game.