PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Fans : What team would you like to play in the 1st round?

spursfan1000
04-04-2009, 12:25 AM
There are alot of good teams in the West, in fact all of them are good now saying that the Nuggets have Billups. I'm a Spurs fan and if I could choose who to play in the 1st round I would have to go with the Utah Jazz. They have not been as good this year as we all expected after how they where the last 2 years. They may have a good home record but we have over come'd that in 2006.

I wouldent want to play the Lakers because they are just so good, I would rather just wait and see if a team can possibly pull off a upset and eliminate them in 1 of the 1st 2 rounds.

The Houston Rockets have been very good against us this year and they could pull of an upset against the Spurs even with T-mac out for year.

Dallas have alot of experience that can go out and bite us. They just scare me with Kidd, Terry, Josh Howard, Nowitzki, and Bass (who can explode).

The Hornets have proved that they could beat us without Chandler and Peja Stoyakovic, and we where completely healthy. They gave us a good run last year and we just got 1 year older.

Portland and Denver are just 2 teams that I think can beat the Spurs in a 7 game experience, just can't explain why.

peskypesky
04-04-2009, 12:29 AM
Portland or Dallas

ElNono
04-04-2009, 12:34 AM
Any team really. I mean, I could see not wanting to play the Lakers in the first round with this rough patch we're going through. But honestly, I think we can take any of the other teams in 6 games or less.

onarollbaby
04-04-2009, 12:35 AM
New Orleans

fotan2
04-04-2009, 12:38 AM
exactly, Any team .

SpursFan0728
04-04-2009, 12:39 AM
N.O

I want to see Jazz play Lakers. I think Jazz could take them to a game 7

xtremesteven33
04-04-2009, 12:41 AM
Im looking for a Hornets/Lakers first round matchup......I know the Hornets can take them to 7 games easy......

VI_Massive
I think its Utah by process of elimination.

Houston and Dallas always play us tightly and scare me.

New Orleans matches up well against us, has reason to hate especially us, and has Chris Paul, IMO one of the handful of guys in the league who can take over a series.

Denver also has reason to hate especially us - we've beaten them so many years in the playoffs. They're much improved with Billups running the show. Also, Nene always plays Timmy well and Nene's playing the best ball of his career right now.

Portland seems to be peaking at the right time and has the type of young, deep roster that could give us trouble. That being said, they are young, inexperienced, inconsistent, and bad on the road. They would be my second choice after Utah, but they scare me more than Utah because they are peaking at the right time.

So that leaves Utah.

honestfool84
doesn't this belong in any of the five other "what team do you want to see in the playoffs" threads?

xtremesteven33
04-04-2009, 12:42 AM
Maybe Utah....they suck on the road and the Spurs play very well in Utah for some reason.....

ElNono
04-04-2009, 12:48 AM
Sloan will have the Jazz ready. Yes, we do fare well in general against them, and they can't seem to be able to win on the road, but they can play rough and it could be a very physical series. Not what you want to start the playoffs.
On the other hand, Karl has never had a clue how to beat us, and while Billups did give them a plus, they're still full of loon chuckers there, like Melo, JR Smith, Anthony Carter, etc...