PDA

View Full Version : My first Spurs Game

Gutter92
04-04-2009, 12:28 AM
Man was it exciting. We drove around 125 miles from Illinois to Indiana to watch it, we got to watch them warmup and Drew Gooden was shooting halfcourt three pointers(and made a few) at the end of his warmup session about 35 minutes before tipoff...it was so exciting..I will upload some pics tomorrow, we were the only Spurs fans in our section but we(Brother and 2 friends) were really loud when the Spurs scored...best 45 dollars I've EVER spent.

Pics tomorrow...I gotta try to sleep tonight, but man was it fun.

PS. Funny part, we got to go to the front of the stadium right behind the bench to take some pics, Drew Gooden was talking(from the paint) to Kurt Thomas, asking him if his post move was a travel(it was, he would lift his pivot foot after a jump stop), and Kurt was like "It's a travel but they won't call it".

The fans were pretty happy to see Hill tho...

Sorry for the wierd topic, just really excited!

ElNono
04-04-2009, 12:31 AM
Great to hear you had an excellent time... :tu

SpursFan0728
04-04-2009, 12:33 AM
Sounds like u have fun =)

I was at Portland earlier this month to watch the spurs. I was at court-side taking pics when Kurt Thomas walked near us. My girlfriend yelled "hey kurt" and he smiled back. I have to say Thomas is one of the most "friendly" spurs.

duncan228
04-04-2009, 12:39 AM
Thanks for sharing. Seeing them for the first time is incredible. Looking forward to the pics.

spursfan1000
04-04-2009, 12:46 AM
Nice to know you had a great time. Maybe 1 day I will go to a away game, never tried it. All the games ive went to where in San Antonio.