PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Buy or Sell

spursfan1000
04-04-2009, 02:00 AM
This is for the people who know how to play.

Buy or Sell: Spurs making it to the western finals?

Obstructed_View
04-04-2009, 04:29 AM
Sell. The team's as close to freefall as we've seen in the Popovich era, especially this late in the season. They are as healthy as they're likely to be for the rest of the year, and their rotation is in complete turmoil. The role players haven't established themselves, so nobody knows what they are supposed to do, and they can't put forth a consistent effort on either end of the floor. Unless they figure out their problems, they aren't a sure bet to beat anyone in the west in the first round, let alone the second.

BruceBowenFan
04-04-2009, 04:36 AM
Buy. Tim Duncan enough said.

Lebowski Brickowski
04-04-2009, 08:07 AM
Buy or Sell: Spurs hunker down and find the magic in the first round against a tough PO opponent (Utah?).

Darkwaters
04-04-2009, 09:31 AM
Buy: While they might not have the firepower to beat the Lakers, it's likely that they can beat anyone else in a 7 game series (with homecourt advantage).

Obstructed_View
04-04-2009, 11:02 AM
Sunday will be remembered as the great bloodletting of 2008-2009 for the Spurs. They're going to be destroyed on national TV and Pop's going to completely lose all belief in the players, despite the fact that it's his fault the team is flailing. Finley will allow LBJ to score about 50 points in about three quarters of work and the only thing likely to come of it is a soft speech or Finley being moved to the starting power forward.

jag
04-04-2009, 11:11 AM
Buy or Sell: Spurs hunker down and find the magic in the first round against a tough PO opponent (Utah?).

You can't answer a "Buy or Sell" with your own Buy or Sell. So i sell your Buy or Sell.

But i do think the Spurs will start to look good during the first round.

Sunday will be remembered as the great bloodletting of 2008-2009 for the Spurs. They're going to be destroyed on national TV and Pop's going to completely lose all belief in the players, despite the fact that it's his fault the team is flailing. Finley will allow LBJ to score about 50 points in about three quarters of work and the only thing likely to come of it is a soft speech or Finley being moved to the starting power forward.

Your posts have become increasingly emo as of late...but i do agree with this, to a certain extent. The only way i can see the Spurs wining this game is if the Cavs come in with the same mentality they've had these past few games. They feel like they've already made it to the PO(which they have) so they might not be as focused as they should be.

And i found your opening line kinda funny.

iilluzioN
04-04-2009, 11:15 AM
it depends on how we do vs the CAVs, we must play with heart.

jag
04-04-2009, 11:20 AM
it depends on how we do vs the CAVs, we must play with heart.

No it doesnt. I don't understand why fans insist on making certain games "statement games" for the players and their team. The Spurs could get absolutely blown out and still come back in the first round and find a rhythm.

Allanon
04-04-2009, 11:21 AM
BUY: We haven't seen the best from the Spurs yet.

td4mvp21
04-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Sunday will be remembered as the great bloodletting of 2008-2009 for the Spurs. They're going to be destroyed on national TV and Pop's going to completely lose all belief in the players, despite the fact that it's his fault the team is flailing.
:tu

Finley will allow LBJ to score about 50 points in about three quarters of work and the only thing likely to come of it is a soft speech or Finley being moved to the starting power forward.

:lmao :lmao

sananspursfan21
04-04-2009, 11:47 AM
buy.

George Gervin's Afro
04-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Buy: While they might not have the firepower to beat the Lakers, it's likely that they can beat anyone else in a 7 game series (with homecourt advantage).

depends if they can avoid the lakers bracket. I buy if they do but sell if they do not

HarlemHeat37
04-04-2009, 12:04 PM
if we avoid LA, then definitely..the West is really weak this year..the fact that the rotation will be shortened, the big 3 will be playing more minutes, and Duncan will give more effort is enough for me to believe we can beat the rest of the West..

we have no chance at beating the Lakers with this current rotation and with the current question marks though..

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
04-04-2009, 01:12 PM
You have to buy that they'll make it to the WCF. If its the Spurs and Lakers in the wcf, lakers in 6. Now if its somebody other than the Lakers, Spurs should advanced to the Finals

Obstructed_View
04-04-2009, 01:49 PM
Your posts have become increasingly emo as of late...but i do agree with this, to a certain extent. The only way i can see the Spurs wining this game is if the Cavs come in with the same mentality they've had these past few games. They feel like they've already made it to the PO(which they have) so they might not be as focused as they should be.

And i found your opening line kinda funny.

Yeah, I can't help it. I'll refer to the analogy I used in the 2006 playoffs about Pop's coaching: It's like watching a dog wander out onto the highway. You really hope it all comes out okay, but as you watch you know in the pit of your stomach something really bad is about to happen.

spursfan1000
04-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Hey guys if yall didnt know I did a buy/see then next person answers it and makes their own buy/sell and then sext person answers and makes their own buy/sell and so on.

poop
04-04-2009, 02:43 PM
we are going to open the PO vs New Orleans...dont expect the jazz or mavs. we already blew the 2nd seed remember?

timvp
04-04-2009, 02:48 PM
It sucks that the Spurs have to play the Cavs once again after a blowout loss. Last time the Spurs played the Cavs, it was right after the Rockets beat them handily. Now this time it's after they got destroyed by the Magic. Expect an even angrier and more focused than usual LeBron and company.

I really hope Pop doesn't just put Finley on LeBron. But the options are non-existent if Pop has given up on Bowen. Ginobili at this point in his recovery is an even worse defender than Finley. Even when all the way healthy, I don't like Ginobili trying to guard the other team's best player because that wears him out and he's not a good enough individual defender to waste his energy in that manner. Udoka is in theory a good defender but age and his two major knee injuries have slowed him down to the point where he's only better than Finley on defense if the opposing player isn't fast. Mason is a good isolation defender but he has an amazing amount of trouble going around screens.

The three best perimeter defenders on the team are Bowen, Hill and Hairston. Of those three, Hill is too small to guard LeBron. Unfortunately, Pop apparently has deemed Bowen to old and Hairston too young to be in the rotation.

sananspursfan21
04-04-2009, 03:17 PM
BUY: We haven't seen the best from the Spurs yet.

what? a laker's fan not tearing down us spurs fans? okay! we get ridiculed enough, thank you allanon!

Horse
04-04-2009, 06:56 PM
Buy. You can talk all the shit you want but Pop has been right more than he's been wrong. And this team is at it's best when it's back is to the wall. That's why we always lose a first round game before we get our shit together.

Don Quixote
04-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Sell short.

Sell to someone else a security you don't technically own yet (Spurs success) some sucker at price x, then actually hand it to him when you've acquired it as a lower price y.

Clean up.

Capt Bringdown
04-04-2009, 09:35 PM
Sell. Expect the worst and hope for the best.

For me, the worst wouldn't be if the Spurs go out of the playoffs early. The worst would be if we have to play the Lakers. That will be a horrific spectacle: Kobe and PJ mugging like never before, orgasmic commentators and media deeply "embedded" inside the Laker anus, Fischer raining 3s, Odom dominating the glass, Pau frolicking, Manu turnovers galore, Tim slump shouldered and hanging his head, Parker shut down, Finley bricking, Pop shell-shocked, etc.

Hope for the best would be if we could miracuously defeat them. And that's not hyperbole, it would be a basketball miracle.

Gummi Clutch
04-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Buy. Odd year, nuff said.

Biggems
04-04-2009, 09:42 PM
give me this rotation and i say buy

1st unit: Bonner, Duncan, Bowen, Finley, Parker
2nd unit: Thomas, Gooden, Mason, Manu, Hill
11/12: Oberto, Udoka

if not, sell and do it fast.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Sell, which I hate to say.

Tim is badly hampered by his knees and it is particularly affecting his help D, which means the team D is shot, Pop has the rotation all wrong, the team is confused by all the tinkering and has lost its chemistry and self-belief, and the West is as deep and strong as ever.

I see a first round flameout against someone like NO or Utah, although of course I'm not giving up and will continue to barrack for the team until the season is over.

:flag:

manufor3
04-04-2009, 09:59 PM
sadly enough, sell.
too many injuries to our big 3, gooden hasnt fully adjusted, pop isnt playing bowen.

wisnub
04-04-2009, 10:22 PM
Sell...IF your really watching the Spurs game all season long, you will agree with me. Of course some people will put blindfolds on their eyes and deny it, but Spurs really might make WCF or maybe Conference Finals..but thats about it. Spurs is destined to fall for sure and the only thing can prevent is only the luck factor (odd year). Spurs cant rely on skills anymore,they will rely on luck. Honestly speaking,Spurs play real sucks....I just dont get it how such talents turn into a horse shits, they used to be real tough champions..Pop keep experimenting on failed rotation and Spurs keep live and die by the 3s then i got nothing else to say

tlongII
04-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Sell. The Lakers and Blazers are clearly the best two teams in the Western Conference.

wisnub
04-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Sell. The Lakers and Blazers are clearly the best two teams in the Western Conference.

Lakers without doubt got the most win this season..Blazers is also a very potential team. Really good but I still think Spurs better than Blazers when it comes to playoff time..We just need to see who right on this one,but the only thing i see spurs fall is if they play against lakers (as much as i hate to say it)

TMTTRIO
04-05-2009, 12:13 AM
Sell. Even with Manu back from an injury and the team all back together, the Spurs have playing terrible against playoff contenders and have been awful loosing in clutchtime situations.

Don Quixote
04-05-2009, 12:32 AM
Dang ... with all these BUY calls, I know I can wait for the price of my Spurs stock to go up another 10-15%, before I unload it on some sucker.

Better yet, I'll $ell short.

BruceBowenFan
04-05-2009, 05:05 AM
No one has hope left. Disgusting.

brettn
04-05-2009, 05:22 AM
Yeah, I can't help it. I'll refer to the analogy I used in the 2006 playoffs about Pop's coaching: It's like watching a dog wander out onto the highway. You really hope it all comes out okay, but as you watch you know in the pit of your stomach something really bad is about to happen.

you're a godamned idiot and i really wanna punch you in the fucking mouth. youre the same type of guy thats gonna be hugging pops nuts come june and july. douchebag. what kind of analogy did you use in the 07 playoffs i wonder??

fuck you.

Obstructed_View
04-05-2009, 06:57 AM
you're a godamned idiot and i really wanna punch you in the fucking mouth. youre the same type of guy thats gonna be hugging pops nuts come june and july. douchebag. what kind of analogy did you use in the 07 playoffs i wonder??

fuck you.

Pop, is that you? :lmao

Find one example of me hugging Pop's nuts, internets tough guy. You've got seventeen thousand opportunities spanning four or five years.

In the 2007 playoffs Pop didn't run smallball for long periods of time, didn't bench his starters and actually made smart adjustments (like camping Vaughn under the basket against Phoenix). They won the championship that year, which only validates my opinion of 2006.

Spursmania
04-05-2009, 08:38 AM
I love my Spurs come Hell or Highwater.
I am with them and I will buy!

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

spursfan1000
04-10-2010, 11:26 PM
Bump

spursfan1000
04-10-2010, 11:26 PM
Buy or Sell: Spurs will make it to Western Conference Finals

spurtech09
04-10-2010, 11:42 PM
buy buy buy

spurtech09
04-10-2010, 11:44 PM
blazers? lol um no

spursfan1000
04-10-2010, 11:50 PM
^ after u answer one your suppose to say another buy or sell and next person answer and make up their own

wildbill2u
04-11-2010, 10:01 AM
Sell. The race doesn't always go to the swift, nor the fight to the strong--but you oughta bet that way.

Spursfan092120
04-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Buy. Manu's hitting his stride, GH3 will be back, and RJ is starting to really show his athleticism.