PDA

View Full Version : Poor Sarah Palin...

clambake
04-04-2009, 10:58 AM
........should we start another thread about the latest news?

the sister-in-law.......levi......?:toast

George Gervin's Afro
04-04-2009, 11:55 AM
........should we start another thread about the latest news?

the sister-in-law.......levi......?:toast

Well in all fairness the righties on the board mentioned that Biden's daughter should be front page news so.........................................

Winehole23
04-04-2009, 12:10 PM
:sleep

clambake
04-04-2009, 02:19 PM
wake up WH.............this is important!

BonnerDynasty
04-04-2009, 02:24 PM
My cousin was a drugged out loser who did all kinds of horrible things.

I guess I am evil.

Clambake and his obsession continues.

clambake
04-04-2009, 02:26 PM
Clambake and his obsession continues.

it's because i'm in love with this woman.

would you deny me my desire?

what happened to true romance?

baseline bum
04-04-2009, 02:27 PM
What did she do? Give levi an ipod?

BonnerDynasty
What kind of trash goes on Tyra to talk about this kind of stuff.

These fucking kids and their 15 minutes. Good luck keeping your job in the Alaskan Oil biz now LOL

clambake
What did she do? Give levi an ipod?

:lmao

Creepn
04-04-2009, 08:16 PM
What happened?

ploto
04-04-2009, 08:53 PM
She knew?

You betcha, says the baby daddy of Sarah Palin's grandson.

The Alaska governor most likely was aware before her daughter, Bristol, became pregnant that the teenager and her hockey hunk boyfriend were having sex, Levi Johnston said in a bombshell new interview...

Johnston's mother, Sherry, and sister, Mercede, who also appear on the show (Tyra Banks), said they were under a gag order from the McCain campaign during the presidential race.

Mercede said, "We were supposed to say that all questions need be brought up to the McCain campaign. Other than that we had to say no comment."

Johnston said he was sharing a room with Bristol Palin in the governor's home prior to their recent break-up. He moved into the Palin home about one to two weeks before Bristol gave birth and was living there until they broke up.

In the interview, the family dishes extensively about Palin's family, the presidential campaign, Johnston's relationship with Bristol Palin and the "real reasons" they are no longer together after having a child together...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2009/04/03/2009-04-03_levi_johnston_reveals_on_tyra_banks_show.html

Johnston tells Tyra Banks on her show (that airs on April 6) that he believes Gov. Sarah Palin knew darn well he and her daughter were having sex when they lived in her house. "I'm pretty sure she probably knew. Moms are pretty smart," Johnston says.

News of his sex chat with Tyra has hit the ears of the Alaska governor.

And you betcha her camp has released an angry hornet’s nest of a statement.

"Bristol did not even know Levi was going on the show. We're disappointed that Levi and his family, in a quest for fame, attention, and fortune, are engaging in flat-out lies, gross exaggeration and even distortion of their relationship," says the statement from the Palin family rep.

"It is unfortunate that Levi finds it more appealing to exploit his previous relationship with Bristol than to contribute to the well-being of the child."

The statement ends: "Bristol realizes now that she made a mistake in her relationship and is the one taking responsibility for their actions."

It's kinda funny that she's mad at him for talking about having sex with her daughter. We would have been madder about the actual act of impregnation.

As if poor Sarah doesn’t have enough family problems. Now comes word this week from the Associated Press that her husband Todd Palin’s half-sister was accused of breaking into the same Wasilla, Alaska, house twice to steal money.

Yes, you read that right. The same house. Twice.

Diana Palin, 35, was charged with felony burglary and misdemeanor criminal trespass and theft stemming from two break-ins this week. And don't forget that Levi's mom, Sarah, was arrested in December on drug-related charges...

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag/2009/04/levi-johnston----bristol-palins-former-fiance-and-father-of-her-baby----has-made-one-lipstick-wearing-pit-bull-real-biting-ma.html

baseline bum
04-04-2009, 09:07 PM
I don't care about Palin. The election and her national political career are over. The media should let her fade back into obscurity, but they can't let go of the one-hit wonder.

Warlord23
04-04-2009, 10:12 PM
Hopefully the Republican Party is dumb enough to anoint this walking joke the Presidential candidate for 2012.

Don Quixote
04-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Well in all fairness the righties on the board mentioned that Biden's daughter should be front page news so.........................................

No I didn't. I expressly recall expressing hope that she got some help.

But if this were a conservative politician's kid, then yes, it would be on all the morning shows for weeks.

Don Quixote
04-04-2009, 10:23 PM
I don't care about Palin. The election and her national political career are over. The media should let her fade back into obscurity, but they can't let go of the one-hit wonder.

Actually, Sarah has quite a bit of support on the Right. I've defended her at length in other threads, no need to rehash it. If the baby-daddy and her daugher want to misbehave, oh well. That makes the Palins a normal family. Lots of families have drama.

I rather hope we get more "normal" people in Washington. Too many career politicians there. The Palins, if nothing else, would represent, to the extent they are able, a return to the citizen-servant model that the Framers envisioned.

baseline bum
04-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Actually, Sarah has quite a bit of support on the Right. I've defended her at length in other threads, no need to rehash it. If the baby-daddy and her daugher want to misbehave, oh well. That makes the Palins a normal family. Lots of families have drama.

I rather hope we get more "normal" people in Washington. Too many career politicians there. The Palins, if nothing else, would represent, to the extent they are able, a return to the citizen-servant model that the Framers envisioned.

Palin's not a politician? All she did was sling mud the entire campaign.

Don Quixote
04-05-2009, 12:36 AM
No, she's a politician. But not a career politician. She's from Alaska, which is about as far from DC as it gets! Shoot, Biden got to the Senate when she was 8.
And I don't recall alot of mudslinging, unless you count attacking liberals as mudslinging.

Obstructed_View
04-05-2009, 06:12 AM
Palin's not a politician? All she did was sling mud the entire campaign.

All she did was pose for pictures. The people running the campaign didn't let her talk, while the left just made up shit about her because they're so fucking scared of her. God forbid there be someone in the executive branch of the government who's had a real job, owned a business or balanced a budget.

DarkReign
04-05-2009, 09:04 AM
All she did was pose for pictures. The people running the campaign didn't let her talk, while the left just made up shit about her because they're so fucking scared of her. God forbid there be someone in the executive branch of the government who's had a real job, owned a business or balanced a budget.

:lmao You forgot the blue text...

Wait, you were serious? That they "never let her talk"?

:lmao

baseline bum
04-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Her whole campaign was "Who is Barak Obama?", Bill Ayers, and Real and Fake America. :lol

Palin is a shithead politician who no one on the left is scared of. :lmao

ChumpDumper
04-05-2009, 01:23 PM
But not a career politician. She has been in politics for 17 years.

That's a career politician.

sook
04-05-2009, 02:12 PM
You betcha!

Wild Cobra
04-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Her whole campaign was "Who is Barak Obama?", Bill Ayers, and Real and Fake America. :lol

Palin is a shithead politician who no one on the left is scared of. :lmao

If they are not afraid of her, then why are they slandering her so much, and finding any bad news they can?

She made a huge impact for senator McCain. He never had a chance against president Obama until she ignited the republicans. The republican party and conservatives like myself lover her like no other candidate in years. She is a threat to liberals, so they are out to destroy her.

baseline bum
04-05-2009, 09:02 PM
LOL... Palin was a disaster for Republicans like you. You guys have a lot of nerve getting on the Obama supporters when you create your own fantasy image of Palin that the whole rest of the country has already seen through.

Wild Cobra
04-05-2009, 09:06 PM
LOL... Palin was a disaster for Republicans like you. You guys have a lot of nerve getting on the Obama supporters when you create your own fantasy image of Palin that the whole rest of the country has already seen through.

She was not a disaster. I find it sad that so many people don't relate to people like her. She has my support if she runs again.

Please stop calling me names. I am not a republican.

baseline bum
04-05-2009, 09:10 PM
She was not a disaster. I find it sad that so many people don't relate to people like her. She has my support if she runs again.

Please stop calling me names. I am not a republican.

I remember creating a thread back in the election asking everyone one major issue they didn't agree with their candidate on, and you absolutely refused to give an answer. What kind of idiot thinks everything a politician says is gold? I can't think of a single person here who doesn't have a gripe with something Obama's done, yet you and your kind accuse us of making him into a messiah.

baseline bum
04-05-2009, 09:13 PM
She made a huge impact for senator McCain. He never had a chance against president Obama until she ignited the republicans. The republican party and conservatives like myself lover her like no other candidate in years. She is a threat to liberals, so they are out to destroy her.

She was a one-hit wonder. Nice nasty speech at the Republican convention and then complete incoherency until she had to apologize to McCain for hurting him in the election. :lol

Palin/Plumber in 2012 would completely kill your party.

Wild Cobra
04-05-2009, 09:13 PM
I remember creating a thread back in the election asking everyone one major issue they didn't agree with their candidate on, and you absolutely refused to give an answer. What kind of idiot thinks everything a politician says is gold? I can't think of a single person here who doesn't have a gripe with something Obama's done, yet you and your kind accuse us of making him into a messiah.
There were things I didn't agree with her on, but I don't remember now. I never agree with someone 100%

Why do you think everyone has the time to respond to all your threads? I don't even recall seeing such a request. There were so many duplicate threads and so little time to read everything during the elections.

But yes. I agreed with most of her own points. Few of those she adopted from McCain however. I simply disliked McCain less than I dislike Obama. I like Palin.

Wild Cobra
04-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Palin/Plumber in 2012 would completely kill your party.
I was thinking Huckabee/Palin would be a good mix.

I think she might be a one hit wonder too. Not because she doesn't have what it takes, but because of the tremendous amount of slander the left threw at her. I wouldn't ask her to go through that again.

baseline bum
04-05-2009, 09:18 PM
There were things I didn't agree with her on, but I don't remember now. I never agree with someone 100%

Why do you think everyone has the time to respond to all your threads? I don't even recall seeing such a request. There were so many duplicate threads and so little time to read everything during the elections.

But yes. I agreed with most of her own points. Few of those she adopted from McCain however. I simply disliked McCain less than I dislike Obama. I like Palin.

You did respond in it. You gave a half-assed "she's too nice to the other guys" answer, and refused to come up with a real issue.

Wild Cobra
04-05-2009, 09:22 PM
You did respond in it. You gave a half-assed "she's too nice to the other guys" answer, and refused to come up with a real issue.
Sorry, I don't remember. Actually, after re-reading your post, there were no Major Issues she ran with that I disagreed with. Only smaller ones.

baseline bum
04-05-2009, 09:25 PM
I was thinking Huckabee/Palin would be a good mix.

I think she might be a one hit wonder too. Not because she doesn't have what it takes, but because of the tremendous amount of slander the left threw at her. I wouldn't ask her to go through that again.

You want someone who can't handle CBS and ABC to be running our country? Palin's whole campaign was crying that the media trashed her and then in response, she goes and starts trashing Obama. She can't deal with Katie Couric but she could handle Putin, Ahmadinejad, the energy crisis, the economic meltdown, two wars, etc.?

Cry Havoc
04-05-2009, 11:43 PM
Not because she doesn't have what it takes, but because of the tremendous amount of slander the left threw at her.

It's amazing that you can make a statement like this with a straight face considering there is a thread about a freaking IPOD that's EIGHT PAGES LONG in this same forum targeted towards Obama.

The Franchise
04-06-2009, 12:31 AM

Crack is wack.

Obstructed_View
04-06-2009, 06:21 AM

Palin was a disaster for republicans like John McCain, who isn't really a republican. His camp got jealous of the overwhelming enthusiasm she generated from the traditional base of the GOP, and they ended up attempting to trash her after the election, when they spent the majority of the time during the campaign sequestering her from the media and packaging her up for canned speeches and no-question appearances. Don't make the mistake of thinking that the campaign was "her" campaign.

It's actually just as well that McCain lost. He'd have done the same stupid shit that Obama's been doing, aside from the international blunders, and, unlike Obama, would have actually gotten the blame he deserves for it from the media. She'd have probably been caught up in the disaster and wouldn't have a chance to run later.

Obstructed_View
04-06-2009, 06:24 AM
It's amazing that you can make a statement like this with a straight face considering there is a thread about a freaking IPOD that's EIGHT PAGES LONG in this same forum targeted towards Obama.

I'm sorry. What does pointing out Obama's continuing insults and public disrespect to our closest ally have to do with slander?

Extra Stout
04-06-2009, 07:09 AM
Sarah Palin was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. That people who call themselves conservative continue to see her as politically desirable validates my assessment that incurious obscurantism is now a prerequisite for running for national office as a Republican, and that the conservative Zeitgeist in the present day has come off the rails.

JoeChalupa
04-06-2009, 08:24 AM
There are plenty of Sarah Palin supporters and websites supporting her run in 2012.

Has whottt ordered his shirt yet?

http://store01.prostores.com/vickdogchewtoy/catalog/2012Sarah%20copy.jpg

DarkReign
04-06-2009, 08:56 AM
Sarah Palin was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. That people who call themselves conservative continue to see her as politically desirable validates my assessment that incurious obscurantism is now a prerequisite for running for national office as a Republican, and that the conservative Zeitgeist in the present day has come off the rails.

/thread

Palin was/is a disaster. That fact has nothing to do with McCain.

Cry Havoc
04-06-2009, 12:13 PM
I'm sorry. What does pointing out Obama's continuing insults and public disrespect to our closest ally have to do with slander?

You're right. They hate him. He's such an asshole to them that I've heard that the Obama's have been ordered never to speak to any members of the British government again. :lmao

Wild Cobra
04-06-2009, 12:33 PM
I didn't read it. OK... Silly gift, and I just didn't feel like opening that thread.

Wild Cobra
04-06-2009, 12:34 PM
She can't deal with Katie Couric but she could handle Putin, Ahmadinejad, the energy crisis, the economic meltdown, two wars, etc.?
Didn't you get the memo?

The tape was edited. You should read the unedited transcript. She dealt with Couric just fine.

ChumpDumper
04-06-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm sorry. What does pointing out Obama's continuing insults and public disrespect to our closest ally have to do with slander?I'm sorry. How does giving a gift the queen specifically asked for and adding a special personal touch (that board Republicans still haven't bothered to look up -- talk about incurious) constitute an insult and public disrespect?

ChumpDumper
04-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Didn't you get the memo?

The tape was edited. You should read the unedited transcript. She dealt with Couric just fine.So what news periodicals did she tell Couric she reads?

Give us a link to that.

baseline bum
04-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Palin was a disaster for republicans like John McCain, who isn't really a republican. His camp got jealous of the overwhelming enthusiasm she generated from the traditional base of the GOP, and they ended up attempting to trash her after the election, when they spent the majority of the time during the campaign sequestering her from the media and packaging her up for canned speeches and no-question appearances. Don't make the mistake of thinking that the campaign was "her" campaign.

It's actually just as well that McCain lost. He'd have done the same stupid shit that Obama's been doing, aside from the international blunders, and, unlike Obama, would have actually gotten the blame he deserves for it from the media. She'd have probably been caught up in the disaster and wouldn't have a chance to run later.

Are you serious? Every time she got interviewed it was a disaster. It definitely wasn't right to hide a candidate for an office that high from the media, but I can see why McCain did it. Every time she opened her mouth it was fingernails on the chalkboard to any middle of the road voter that McCain was desperately trying to take from Obama. She generated enthusiasm in one speech, but that died off steadily for all but the right-wing base that would have voted for that ticket anyways. The rest of the country rightfully saw her as someone completely unqualified to run this nation. The thought that McCain sabotaged her and was jealous of her support is laughable too. 2008 was obviously his final shot at the presidency, so there's no way he was holding her down to thin out the competition in the future. I find it unreal that people on the left are considered to have a messiah complex for Obama when I've never heard the right here say they remotely disagreed with anything major in Palin's platform (whatever that is aside from Bill Ayers and the gotcha media).

baseline bum
04-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Didn't you get the memo?

The tape was edited. You should read the unedited transcript. She dealt with Couric just fine.

And she was lights out with Charlie Gibson too, I assume?

Holt's Cat
04-06-2009, 01:25 PM

The fundamental problem is that the party leadership believes in the Reagan coalition (defense hawks, economic conservatives and social conservatives).

Rove threw a great deal behind the social conservatives. That's why you saw an allegedly conservative Republican administration run through the largest expansion of an entitlement program since the 60s. If the last two federal elections do anything for the powers that be in the GOP, it should signal that the social conservatives are a spent force.

The GOP needs to embrace individualism. Most Americans want to be left the fuck alone. The spokesmen/leaders of the social conservatives certainly do not embrace that concept, which is curious given that the point of their political engagement was originally to cease government encroachment on the exercise of faith. Electorally, I think a sizable portion of voters is looking for an economically and fiscally conservative party which advocates minimal government intrusion in personal, as well as economic affairs.

Of course, Congressman Paul made that case in the GOP primary and got 3% of the vote. :-/

Obstructed_View
04-06-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm sorry. How does giving a gift the queen specifically asked for and adding a special personal touch (that board Republicans still haven't bothered to look up -- talk about incurious) constitute an insult and public disrespect?

I asked a question. I didn't realize she'd asked for it. Thanks for answering it in as un-douchebaggy a way as is apparently possible for you. That always fosters debate. :lol

Wild Cobra
04-07-2009, 12:05 PM
And she was lights out with Charlie Gibson too, I assume?
She may not be the best with good spontaneous answers, but far better than president Telepromter... I mean president Obama is without his teleprompter.

People who make good decisions are who we want to elect. Not those who are charismatic over wise.

Besides, I never said she did a great job. Just that the criticism is uncalled for, especially when programs are edited to make liberals look good and conservatives look bad.

clambake
04-07-2009, 12:08 PM
so, conservatives had nothing to do with what's making them look bad?

if that's true, then they have no business at trying to be legitimate.

LnGrrrR
04-07-2009, 12:42 PM

Shit, insult me with a free IPOD and a personally signed music collection.

LnGrrrR
04-07-2009, 12:46 PM
I asked a question. I didn't realize she'd asked for it. Thanks for answering it in as un-douchebaggy a way as is apparently possible for you. That always fosters debate. :lol

lol oh fuck off. Your question again was...

What does pointing out Obama's continuing insults and public disrespect to our closest ally have to do with slander?

And you have the nerve to call Chump's answer douchebaggy? When did you stop beating your wife? :downspin:

ChumpDumper
04-07-2009, 01:41 PM
People who make good decisions are who we want to elect. Not those who are charismatic over wise.Would you call her official attack on Levi Johnston after his appearance on the Tyra Banks show particularly wise?

I would not.

She's got charisma, I'll give you that.

Wild Cobra
04-07-2009, 03:31 PM
Would you call her official attack on Levi Johnston after his appearance on the Tyra Banks show particularly wise?

I would not.

She's got charisma, I'll give you that.
Can you direct me to it? From what I've read so fat, I didn't see anything wrong.

Cry Havoc
04-07-2009, 03:33 PM
From what I've read so fat

Tee hee. That's funny.

Also, I'm 12.

ChumpDumper
04-07-2009, 03:36 PM
Can you direct me to it? From what I've read so fat, I didn't see anything wrong.There mere fact it exists is wrong.

Wild Cobra
04-07-2009, 03:39 PM
There mere fact it exists is wrong.

Are you saying only liberals have the right to criticize others?

Crookshanks
04-07-2009, 03:44 PM
There mere fact it exists is wrong.
Why? Levi's comments were pretty critical of the Palin family - was she just supposed to ignore them and not defend her daughter? As it is, many people will take his words as the gospel truth just because they dislike Sarah so much - why should she give him a free pass?

clambake
04-07-2009, 03:45 PM
is there nobody in your life willing to help you?

clambake
04-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Why? Levi's comments were pretty critical of the Palin family - was she just supposed to ignore them and not defend her daughter? As it is, many people will take his words as the gospel truth just because they dislike Sarah so much - why should she give him a free pass?

we don't take anything as "the gospel truth".

ChumpDumper
04-07-2009, 03:48 PM
Why?It should be beneath her. She is onyl drawing more attention to it by officially whining about it.
Levi's comments were pretty critical of the Palin family - was she just supposed to ignore them and not defend her daughter?What exactly did he say about her daughter than needed defending?
As it is, many people will take his words as the gospel truth just because they dislike Sarah so much - why should she give him a free pass?If she likes making her life a soap opera, she is free to do so.

Crookshanks
04-07-2009, 03:51 PM
we don't take anything as "the gospel truth".

I guess you're right about that - the bible doesn't seem to have the clout it once had. Should we say "the Obama truth"?

clambake
04-07-2009, 03:53 PM
I guess you're right about that - the bible doesn't seem to have the clout it once had. Should we say "the Obama truth"?

because of commandment #4, i don't think your god would care for that.

it's #4, right?

ChumpDumper
04-07-2009, 03:56 PM
I guess you're right about that - the bible doesn't seem to have the clout it once had. Should we say "the Obama truth"?And Republicans wonder how they became irrelevant.

clambake
04-07-2009, 04:08 PM
sorry crooks, it's #1.......but i just had this conversation on sunday.

Yonivore
04-08-2009, 06:05 PM
I haven't read this thread so, if this has been covered please excuse the intrusion. Why is this a story and allegations of the existence of a video tape depicting the sitting Vice President's daughter snorting coke not?

clambake
04-08-2009, 06:13 PM
I haven't read this thread so, if this has been covered please excuse the intrusion. Why is this a story and allegations of the existence of a video tape depicting the sitting Vice President's daughter snorting coke not?

its about levi saying that sarah forced their breakup after losing the election.

poor levi

ChumpDumper
04-08-2009, 06:24 PM
I haven't read this thread so, if this has been covered please excuse the intrusion. Why is this a story and allegations of the existence of a video tape depicting the sitting Vice President's daughter snorting coke not?She wasn't on Tyra.

clambake
04-08-2009, 06:27 PM
i heard sarah is jealous............because after all those kids......sex for her is like throwing a hotdog down a hallway.