PDA

View Full Version : We need a player like J.R. Smith

Horse
04-04-2009, 06:50 PM
I don't remember the details why it did'nt happen, but it sure would've been nice if that trade would've happened. His athleticism is just what we need. I remember at the time I did'nt want it cause I liked barry so much. He's the type of player we need now.
:flag:

CubanSucks
04-04-2009, 07:01 PM
This isn't NBA 2K9. Stop thinking up all these fantasy deals like some fucking kid

exstatic
04-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Million Dollar talent, five cent head. It would have been great to get him from N.O. when he was still impressionable, but once he got in with the thuggery in Denver, he was pretty much never going to grow up. He would be about what we need now, though, wouldn't he? I still think he's more Steven Jackson cocky than Artest crazy.

MaNu4Tres
04-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Million Dollar talent, five cent head. It would have been great to get him from N.O. when he was still impressionable, but once he got in with the thuggery in Denver, he was pretty much never going to grow up. He would be about what we need now, though, wouldn't he? I still think he's more Steven Jackson cocky than Artest crazy.

What makes Denver thuggery? Talk about people having issues with stereotypes.

So a player teams up with Melo and cusses here and there. Yeah your right I wouldn't want him either. Hopefully Pop and R.C will scout up at Cornerstone and bring us another nonathletic wing next year who can just shoot the ball. We never have any of those right? I don't care about his overall athletic ability, or if he can play defense. As long as he doesn't curse, takes his vitamins, and says his prayers. That's all that matters. There's been reports on Hoopshype and Realgm that the Miami police have been chasing Mario Chalmers all year. Thank god we let him get away.

urunobili
04-04-2009, 07:56 PM
no thugs on the Spurs... nigga plz...

ElNono
04-04-2009, 08:29 PM
I don't remember the details why it did'nt happen, but it sure would've been nice if that trade would've happened. His athleticism is just what we need. I remember at the time I did'nt want it cause I liked barry so much. He's the type of player we need now.
:flag:

Hell No!

45 bank shot
04-04-2009, 08:32 PM
what a retarded thread?
J.R won't even play a min. if hez on the spurs

Horse
04-04-2009, 08:35 PM
This isn't NBA 2K9. Stop thinking up all these fantasy deals like some fucking kid
It almost happened last season you stupid fuck!

Horse
04-04-2009, 08:37 PM
what a retarded thread?
J.R won't even play a min. if hez on the spurs
Yeah like van excel and s. jackson, and he's coming around people conform when they have a chance to win a championship jerkoff.

45 bank shot
04-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Yeah like van excel and s. jackson, and he's coming around people conform when they have a chance to win a championship jerkoff.

wth are u tryin to say here?

Borosai
04-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Too young and athletic to play in S.A.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-04-2009, 09:01 PM

Yup.

And the reason he'd never work here is that he's a 95% chance to end up in Pop's doghouse by the preseason. Fantastic talent but doesn't defend, has a low bball IQ, and does stupid things.

He just scored 18 straight in the 2nd quarter of Denver vs Clipshow, but he'd never work out as a Spur as long as Pop is coaching.

spursfan1000
04-04-2009, 09:37 PM
It would have been nice for JR to come to Spurs but Denver wanted to keep him too much. Anywayz I don't think he would haved worked out well with Pop.

Gummi Clutch
04-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Yea no thanks, i guess we need Stromile Swift too :lmao

lefty
04-04-2009, 09:39 PM
http://onni.jkl.fi/%7Elauri/kuvia/not_this_shit_again.jpeg

NewJerSpur
04-04-2009, 09:47 PM

Well, they have had various players that have been involved in numerous on-court skirmishes as well as some off-court legal issues. That could possibly qualify them as the Denver Thuggets. Billups has been providing them with some solid leadership though if I do say so myself...and I do.

exstatic
04-04-2009, 10:02 PM

Alan Iverson and his bowling alley incident. Melo and his thug video. J.R. killing his friend in the SUV accident. All of these guys are "me first", coach challenging idiots. Sometimes stereotypes are dead on. That would make them truths.

If we could have acquired him before he got into that corrosive environment, he might have worked out well.

exstatic
04-04-2009, 10:03 PM
it almost happened at the feb 2006 deadline you stupid fuck!

fify

doldrums
04-04-2009, 10:04 PM
uhh, no!

exstatic
04-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Yea no thanks, i guess we need Stromile Swift too :lmao

You do understand that JR Smith does WAY more than jump high, don't you? He has excellent handle, and to find the difference in career 3 pt percentage between him and Manu, you have to go to the 3rd decimal place.

onarollbaby
04-04-2009, 10:08 PM
He's talented and explosive no doubt, but his arrogance on the court makes me think he's not a fit for today's Spurs

exstatic
04-04-2009, 10:21 PM
He's talented and explosive no doubt, but his arrogance on the court makes me think he's not a fit for today's Spurs

+1 That's why I said it would have been nice to get him before Denver did.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-04-2009, 10:22 PM
34pts for him tonight.....

including a stretch of 18pts in 8 minutes!

:smokin I'm glad he is too 'thuggish' for some of you, yet the same people probably want sjax back :lmao

Flux451
04-04-2009, 10:29 PM

So a player teams up with Melo and cusses here and there. Yeah your right I wouldn't want him either. Hopefully Pop and R.C will scout up at Cornerstone and bring us another nonathletic wing next year who can just shoot the ball. We never have any of those right? I don't care about his overall athletic ability, or if he can play defense. As long as he doesn't curse, takes his vitamins, and says his prayers. That's all that matters. There's been reports on Hoopshype and Realgm that the Miami police have been chasing Mario Chalmers all year. Thank god we let him get away.

Have you seen the Denver roster? It's not stereotyping when it's evident.

ducks
04-04-2009, 10:31 PM
no ai helps denver

Malice
04-04-2009, 11:27 PM
Lets face it. Spurs havnt made the greatest decisions the last couple years. What can you do.

ducks
04-04-2009, 11:28 PM
Lets face it. Spurs havnt made the greatest decisions the last couple years. What can you do.

spurs did not try to trade for kidd:downspin:

Kori Ellis
04-04-2009, 11:32 PM
The only reason the deal didn't go through is because paper work was late to the league. That's why Barry was told that he was traded and not to get on the plane.. and then told, Oops, my bad, go ahead.

So at that point, the Spurs were willing to take the risk.

NugzFan
04-05-2009, 01:21 AM
Alan Iverson and his bowling alley incident. Melo and his thug video. J.R. killing his friend in the SUV accident. All of these guys are "me first", coach challenging idiots. Sometimes stereotypes are dead on. That would make them truths.

If we could have acquired him before he got into that corrosive environment, he might have worked out well.

allen iverson doesnt play for us anymore (cant believe any nba fan wouldnt know that). that melo incident is very old - hes not a 'thug' anymore. jr's incident doesnt make him a thug at all - just a horrible accident.

keep on stereotyping - its entertaining to read. and we are very glad to have jr on our team...even if hes the biggest 'thug' in the nba! :lol

CubanSucks
04-05-2009, 01:27 AM

Ummm last time I checked they won the championship 2 years ago.

lefty
04-05-2009, 01:28 AM
34pts for him tonight.....

including a stretch of 18pts in 8 minutes!

:smokin I'm glad he is too 'thuggish' for some of you, yet the same people probably want sjax back :lmao

Sjax has a ring and doesn't choke in the 4th like JR Smith

So much for J.R

NewJerSpur
04-05-2009, 01:32 AM
allen iverson doesnt play for us anymore (cant believe any nba fan wouldnt know that). that melo incident is very old - hes not a 'thug' anymore. jr's incident doesnt make him a thug at all - just a horrible accident.

keep on stereotyping - its entertaining to read. and we are very glad to have jr on our team...even if hes the biggest 'thug' in the nba! :lol

J.R. has had other incidents off the court to add to his irresponsibility behind the wheel (not that it makes a difference, but I knew the guy somewhat personally who was killed); look them up. Not to mention he and Melo were involved in the brawl at the Garden not too long ago. Kenyon Martin is leans more towards the category of enforcer, but he does not shy away from being a bully/instigator on the court. Birdman was out of the league a few seasons for doing drugs. They are like the Jailblazers 2.0 to a degree, but they remodeled their image so there's hope for the Thuggets yet....especially with a high character guy like Chauncey Billups on the team.

ElNono
04-05-2009, 01:44 AM
Isn't this the guy that won't even talk to Karl? I believe Karl said he and JR didn't talk to each other. I mean, I think Karl is a farce, but he deals daily with knuckleheads like Melo and K-Mart, yet he can't even deal with Smith? Do you know how many milliseconds that guy would last next to Pop?

Horse
04-05-2009, 03:24 AM
I'm just saying sometimes you take a chance. rodman was real solid for us. I mean I know in the end he screwed us over. But we got some good from him.

NewJerSpur
04-05-2009, 03:32 AM
I'm just saying sometimes you take a chance. rodman was real solid for us. I mean I know in the end he screwed us over. But we got some good from him.

This topic was worn out during the offseason and he's under contract for a few years before it can be realistically revisited. We can win without him, we've done it before.

jdev82
04-05-2009, 04:26 AM
his name is ginobili and he is 10 j.r. smiths. he plays better defense, takes smar(er) 3's and drives once in a while. j.r. takes 30 foot threes with 23 secs to go in teh shot clock. j.r.smith is a stupid player. he belongs on the 07 bucks 2with bobby simmons and charlie v

exstatic
04-05-2009, 09:34 AM

Iverson was part of the environment that shaped JR as an NBA player, up until earlier this year, as a matter of fact. In addition to the video, you have Melo doing stupid things like in game fights, refusing to come out of the game VERY recently, etc.

It was a toxic environment for an already immature player to go into.

rascal
04-05-2009, 10:05 AM
The only reason the deal didn't go through is because paper work was late to the league. That's why Barry was told that he was traded and not to get on the plane.. and then told, Oops, my bad, go ahead.

So at that point, the Spurs were willing to take the risk.

Who sent the paperwork in late? If it was the spurs then it seems like they were not so eager to get the deal done or just they worked on it too slowly and thats not good front office work.