PDA

View Full Version : Draft Prospects you are interested in...

Biggems
04-04-2009, 09:35 PM
I am curious as to some of the players my fellow Spurs fans are looking at for the draft.

We have 3 second round picks this year. I am not sure we will keep all of the players or any of the players. Let's assume we keep all of the players....

GS (approx. 37) -
Port (approx. 52) -
Hou (approx. 54) -

manufor3
04-04-2009, 09:53 PM
tyler hanbrough
leo lyons
dante cunningham
wayne ellington (lol too many unc)
and theres always one player that falls deep into the draft... so maybe we can get...
evan turnar

seth210
04-04-2009, 09:59 PM
vyacheslav kravstov (C) & tyler smith (SF)

Biggems
04-04-2009, 10:06 PM
vyacheslav kravstov

ive been reading up on him for a few months....i am intrigued.

what about these guys

SF - Lee Cummard - BYU
PF/C - Jeff Pendergraph - ASU
PF - Ahmad Nivins - St. Joseph's

exstatic
04-04-2009, 10:09 PM
ive been reading up on him for a few months....i am intrigued.

what about these guys

SF - Lee Cummard - BYU
PF/C - Jeff Pendergraph - ASU
PF - Ahmad Nivins - St. Joseph's

That's as many American collegiates as we've drafted in the past decade. Not terribly realistic.

Biggems
04-04-2009, 10:11 PM
That's as many American collegiates as we've drafted in the past decade. Not terribly realistic.

I know........hehehehe

I guess Pop doesn't like American ballers.

btw, we dont have to draft all of them.....im saying we need help at SF and the Bigs.

exstatic
04-04-2009, 10:16 PM
I am curious as to some of the players my fellow Spurs fans are looking at for the draft.

We have 3 second round picks this year. I am not sure we will keep all of the players or any of the players. Let's assume we keep all of the players....

GS (approx. 37) -
Port (approx. 52) -
Hou (approx. 54) -

Where/When did we come up with picks from GS and Port? NBADraft.net only currently shows the Hou second round pick.

TheDarkSide.
04-04-2009, 10:16 PM
I know........hehehehe

I guess Pop doesn't like American ballers.

btw, we dont have to draft all of them.....im saying we need help at SF and the Bigs.

Well we got Gist, Hill and Hairston which suprised me last year haha.

Biggems
04-04-2009, 11:26 PM
Where/When did we come up with picks from GS and Port? NBADraft.net only currently shows the Hou second round pick.

other draft sites have us with 3 picks.

Oink Oink
04-04-2009, 11:31 PM
Danny green

TheSpursFNRule
04-05-2009, 12:40 AM
Wayne Ellington. PERIOD. oh and T-hans would be alright...

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-05-2009, 12:45 AM
Spurs need a backup PG after Popovich will not use Hill anymore right? If they still are not sure of Hill then they should consider Milos Teodosic. I am not sure he will guard PG in NBA. he should guard SG.

But this would be one to consider for sure.

ElNono
04-05-2009, 01:54 AM
Does this matter at all, considering the coach will basically ask whoever we draft to go/stay overseas?. I mean, look at the confidence he has on our FIRST ROUND pick.

IronMexican
04-05-2009, 01:57 AM
The Lakers should take BlakeGriffin if he is still tyere when they pick.

bigdog
04-05-2009, 09:22 AM
I say the Spurs should go SF with their first pick, maybe a Damion James from Texas.

I know he still needs development at the SF position, but he isn't TOO far off right now. He definitely has the skill set. He will probably drop to the 2nd round after many were picking him as a mid to late first round prospect. He is s super sleeper and he is a great rebounder. His outside shot needs some work but besides that he would be a good pick.

exstatic
04-05-2009, 11:16 AM
other draft sites have us with 3 picks.

Do they say where they came from? What teams? We have Houston's from the Scola trade, and IIRC, we have Phoenix's this year from the Hairston trade. I don't know anything about a pick from GS or Portland, unless maybe those picks were conveyed from Houston and Phoenix.

jag
04-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Spurs need a backup PG after Popovich will not use Hill anymore right? If they still are not sure of Hill then they should consider Milos Teodosic. I am not sure he will guard PG in NBA. he should guard SG.

But this would be one to consider for sure.

As retarded and worthless as you are, i actually like Milos and i've wondered why he isn't in the NBA. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with his contract, and if i'm not mistaken, i recall him mentioning that he doesnt want to come to the NBA.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-05-2009, 11:28 AM
I say the Spurs should go SF with their first pick, maybe a Damion James from Texas.

I know he still needs development at the SF position, but he isn't TOO far off right now. He definitely has the skill set. He will probably drop to the 2nd round after many were picking him as a mid to late first round prospect. He is s super sleeper and he is a great rebounder. His outside shot needs some work but besides that he would be a good pick.

If the spurs drafted Damion James I would have to shoot myself.

jag
04-05-2009, 11:31 AM
If the spurs drafted Damion James I would have to shoot myself.

busted game?

Cant_Be_Faded
04-05-2009, 11:37 AM
busted game?

He's built like a 4 but the overall size of a 3, and not in a good way. He's not lanky so he won't be a 3 stopper. He has no dribbling skills whatsoever, falls in love with his jumper which at this point is still lacking.
But he is athletic and can get rebounds. In college. I just don't see him translating into the nba at all.

mountainballer
04-05-2009, 11:51 AM
Sergio Llull.....no place for him right now, but in two or three years, he will either be ready AND the Spurs will need someone with his abilities. if he's there at #37, he's IMO the pick with the most upside long term.

Vladimir Dasic.....fills the most needs in the current situation. a combo forward with great size and athleticism for a Euro guy. best case could be a Vlad Radmanovic with defense. worst case is a role player and decent defender for his position. (Najera for example)

Jeff Pendergraph...he would also fill a need, considering the age of KT and Fab and the fact that Matt's contract expires 2010. looks like the perfect role player big, who Pop loves. good guy, smart, works hard, knows his limitations.

there might be a small chance the Spurs get one of this guys with the #37 pick. little to no chance any of them drops to the 50s. I see the Spurs trade away both of their later 2nd rounders. this class isn't very deep anyhow. maybe the Spurs try to package all 3 2nd rounders to move up to the top of the 2nd round. (I don't think they would want a late 1st rounder. for a possible international pick this is minor to a high 2nd rounder).
maybe the Kings are willing to talk about their likely #31 pick in exchange for our 3 2nd rounders. they might se more sense in stockpiling picks, considering their rebuilding situation. the #31 pick will at least guarantee a decent international prospect. (like the mentioned Llull and Dasic. Casspi is another possibility there, aside the fact that I don't like him.)

Kill_Bill_Pana
04-05-2009, 11:54 AM
As retarded and worthless as you are, i actually like Milos and i've wondered why he isn't in the NBA. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with his contract, and if i'm not mistaken, i recall him mentioning that he doesnt want to come to the NBA.

Hmm I am not sure. Maybe you are right. But I do know that there is very much potential there.

exstatic
04-05-2009, 11:58 AM
He's built like a 4 but the overall size of a 3, and not in a good way. He's not lanky so he won't be a 3 stopper. He has no dribbling skills whatsoever, falls in love with his jumper which at this point is still lacking.
But he is athletic and can get rebounds. In college. I just don't see him translating into the nba at all.

NBADraft.net disagrees with you, but they have him projected at #22, long before we pick.

Biggems
04-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Do they say where they came from? What teams? We have Houston's from the Scola trade, and IIRC, we have Phoenix's this year from the Hairston trade. I don't know anything about a pick from GS or Portland, unless maybe those picks were conveyed from Houston and Phoenix.

did u read my initial post....it tells u what teams give us picks and the approximate position.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-05-2009, 12:02 PM
NBADraft.net disagrees with you, but they have him projected at #22, long before we pick.

He will get drafted for sure, but I'm just saying we better not fucking get him. I watched him play his entire college career, and he fucking sucks. In fact, I hope he does get drafted, so I don't have to see him fuck my team over next season.

He can't dribble and isn't big enough for a 4...what does that tell you?

"upside" :lol

Biggems
04-05-2009, 12:09 PM
He will get drafted for sure, but I'm just saying we better not fucking get him. I watched him play his entire college career, and he fucking sucks. In fact, I hope he does get drafted, so I don't have to see him fuck my team over next season.

He can't dribble and isn't big enough for a 4...what does that tell you?

"upside" :lol

I agree.....as a UT fan, I have seen him play a lot. I dont want him. I dont want Abrams either.

Jace
04-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Did people seriously suggest "Psycho T"? The guy isn't even the best on his team at his position, Ed Davis the freshman is better than him