PDA

View Full Version : Who would rather have Stephen Jackson or Manu Ginobili?

ducks
04-04-2009, 10:28 PM
people who want sj
rember manu would be in denver if that happened

itzsoweezee
04-04-2009, 10:31 PM
who would you rather have, shaq or brian cardinal?

itzsoweezee
04-04-2009, 10:32 PM
who would you rather have, magic johnson or steve kerr?

honestfool84
04-04-2009, 10:33 PM
who would you rather have? tim duncan or tony parker?

itzsoweezee
04-04-2009, 10:33 PM
who would you rather have, dwayne wade or vinny del negro?

DAF86
04-04-2009, 10:34 PM
This guy

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv104/COCHIfz/50cent_300x2981.jpg

would like to have SJ.

MaNu4Tres
04-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Manu wouldn't be in denver. Jackson wanted around 5 million after 2003. A year later in the 2004 off-season not only did we resign Manu, but we gave Brent Barry 5 million. Therefore Manu and Jackson could have both fit financially.

dynamodr3w
04-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Don't forget Stephen Jackson was also involved in a strip club shooting. If I remember, did he not shoot the gun into the air??

:)

p.s. Don't forget about the brawl. :]

Kori Ellis
04-04-2009, 10:54 PM
I love Stephen Jackson, but I'd rather have Manu.

I think that they could have had both, but Jack wasn't worth the 4-year/$28M or whatever that he was asking for at that time. But maybe if his agent would have talked with the Spurs, they could have worked something out.

timvp
04-04-2009, 11:00 PM
If SJax wasn't crazy, it'd be pretty damn close because he's bigger, a better defender, can play more minutes and is one of the clutchest shooters in the league. Especially without Bowen, it'd be nice to be able to have an SJax type player that can score on one end and be a competent and flexible one-on-one perimeter defender on the other end.

But considering the personalities, I'd rather have Manu by a landslide. Manu is selfless, a great teammate, a great leader, only cares about winning and you don't have to worry about him doing something stupid off the court. Oh and plus he's really, really good at basketball.

ducks
04-04-2009, 11:02 PM
sj now on the spurs would be hard
he is used to being the guy now in gs

Spursmania
04-04-2009, 11:04 PM
Manu

lil_penny
04-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Manu

spurs1990
04-04-2009, 11:13 PM
I wish we had JR Smith.

I mean NO was gonna give us JR for Brent Barry....how the fuck did we screw that up?

NewJerSpur
04-04-2009, 11:18 PM
I wish we had JR Smith.

I mean NO was gonna give us JR for Brent Barry....how the fuck did we screw that up?

It's a moot point now. You can continue to brood over it or back the guys we have going into this playoff push.

SA210
04-04-2009, 11:20 PM
Manu

lefty
04-05-2009, 01:30 AM
If Sjax is willing to bed Manu, I would like a hybrid.

NewJerSpur
04-05-2009, 01:37 AM
I would've taken Speedy Claxton's jumper over Vaughn's...just saying.

ElNono
04-05-2009, 01:39 AM
This is not even a hard decision... Manu by a landslide...

thekingrobert
04-05-2009, 01:46 AM
who would you rather have Dwight Howard or Steomile Swift

wuss cones
04-05-2009, 01:57 AM
Homers! Captain Jack is averaging more points, rebounds and assists this season than Manu has EVER AVERAGED IN ANY SEASON. EVER. AVERAGED. IN. ANY. SEASON. He's also younger, can play point guard through power forward, much better defender, clutcher, cheaper, has bigger balls and cares about the NBA more than international basketball UNLIKE MANU.

ElNono
04-05-2009, 02:12 AM
Homers! Captain Jack is averaging more points, rebounds and assists this season than Manu has EVER AVERAGED IN ANY SEASON. EVER. AVERAGED. IN. ANY. SEASON. He's also younger, can play point guard through power forward, much better defender, clutcher, cheaper, has bigger balls and cares about the NBA more than international basketball UNLIKE MANU.

Jax:
- Plays 13 more mpg than Manu
- Has a worse FG% (2 and 3 pointers)
- Has twice as many turnovers
- Is on the hook for the next 4 years for $34m

Plus, he's the 'superstar' in Golden State, which means he gets the lion share of ball possession to do as he pleases, unlike Manu. I also dispute the notion he has bigger balls or is more clutch...

I actually love Jax, and I always root for his team whenever I catch some game he's on. Talent-wise I think both Manu and Jax are fairly even. Now, psychologically this is not even close. Would you EVER imagine Manu going to the stands to pick up a fight with some fan?

calaway
04-05-2009, 02:18 AM
Manu

wuss cones
04-05-2009, 02:22 AM
Jax:
- Plays 13 more mpg than ManuManu is too weak to play as many minutes as Captain Jack. FACT!

- Has a worse FG% (2 and 3 pointers)Manu has a FG% of ZERO in the 13 minutes HE CAN'T PLAY. FACT!

- Has twice as many turnoversBecause he plays point guard and Manu would turn the ball over even more as a point guard. FACT!

- Is on the hook for the next 4 years for $34mManu will cost even more over 4 years. FACT!

Plus, he's the 'superstar' in Golden State, which means he gets the lion share of ball possession to do as he pleases, unlike Manu.The Warriors have many more scoring opsions than the Spurs. Fact!

I also dispute the notion he has bigger balls or is more clutch...Captain Jack was clutcher and had bigger balls in his one season here than Manu has in his whole career. FACT!

Talent-wise I think both Manu and Jax are fairly even.Accept Captain Jack can play 13 more minutes. FACT!

Now, psychologically this is not even close. Would you EVER imagine Manu going to the stands to pick up a fight with some fan?Captain Jack was a model angel here. FACT!

AussieFanKurt
04-05-2009, 02:40 AM
who would you rather have, shaq or brian cardinal?

Brian!

NewJerSpur
04-05-2009, 02:42 AM
Manu is too weak to play as many minutes as Captain Jack. FACT!

Manu has a FG% of ZERO in the 13 minutes HE CAN'T PLAY. FACT!

Because he plays point guard and Manu would turn the ball over even more as a point guard. FACT!

Manu will cost even more over 4 years. FACT!

The Warriors have many more scoring opsions than the Spurs. Fact!

Captain Jack was clutcher and had bigger balls in his one season here than Manu has in his whole career. FACT!

Accept Captain Jack can play 13 more minutes. FACT!

Captain Jack was a model angel here. FACT!

I'm not joining in the debate, I just wanted to ask why you are presenting a few opinionated statements as fact?

jdev82
04-05-2009, 02:54 AM
Manu wouldn't be in denver. Jackson wanted around 5 million after 2003. A year later in the 2004 off-season not only did we resign Manu, but we gave Brent Barry 5 million. Therefore Manu and Jackson could have both fit financially.

fucking sucking brent barry. his asshole self went and talked shit about the spurs when he left. he ruined chemistry with his stupid fucking "joker" personality and he came in to shoot 3's for fucking 3 minutes a game. what a joke. i hope he finds a career ending injury waiting for him this season. fuck brent barry in the asshole with a big rubber dick.
ill always hate brent barry

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-05-2009, 03:30 AM
Jax:

Plus, he's the 'superstar' in Golden State, which means he gets the lion share of ball possession to do as he pleases, unlike Manu. I also dispute the notion he has bigger balls or is more clutch...

I actually love Jax, and I always root for his team whenever I catch some game he's on. Talent-wise I think both Manu and Jax are fairly even. Now, psychologically this is not even close. Would you EVER imagine Manu going to the stands to pick up a fight with some fan?
As for him being miles apart from Manu psychologically, it's true. Watching the Warriors game sometimes , Jax is a bit of a headcase. He gets mad about fouls/refs and that affects his game time decisons, he's not always making the optimal play when it comes to stupid shots. He gets too emotional. However, I disagree that Manu and Jax are fairly even talent wise.
I don't think it's just psychological. There's a reason for his poor FG % and TO's. He has no handles, nor a first step. Plus he makes stupider decisions because of his reliance on just jumpshots/the big shot, and isn't able to penetrate like Manu at a frequency.
SJax is only on Manu's talent level when it comes to defense (intangibles) and draining the big shot.
But as far basketball IQ goes Manu >>>> SJAX. I like SJax swagger but
Manu's shot selection is usually within the offense and on fewer shots, which means Manu's physical talent allows him to be smarter within plays.

I'd say their jump shooting ability is even mostly, and is Jax is more confident in his 3 ball than Manu is at times. That's the only edge I'll give Jackson over Manu..
Manu is too much of a confidence player when it comes to his jumpshots in-game, which is annoying because he should make them every time given his form.
And in spite of that, it's not like Manu can't improve getting more consistent with his jumpshot..so that's not even that big of an edge for SJax to be considered over Manu. Since some games SJax is so confident in his shot, he'll go 9-25 from three. :lol

Josh810
04-05-2009, 03:38 AM
I'm not joining in the debate, I just wanted to ask why you are presenting a few opinionated statements as fact?
It's usually a sign of lower intelligence.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-05-2009, 03:45 AM
I love Jax, but if we could only have one or the other, which is the question at hand, I'd take Manu every day of the week.

Sure, Jax is a fine player, but would we have won in 2005 and 2007 with Jax rather than Manu at SG? 2007, maybe, but 2005, NO FREAKIN WAY. At that point Jax was still finding his game, yet Manu was at the peak of his and controlled those playoffs. In particular, Manu's performances in games 1, 2 and 7 of the Finals were an exemplar of efficiency and clutch brilliance. With 2005 Jax in those same situations I don't think we would have beaten those Pistons.

Also, we all recall Manu's brain explosion in 2006, but Jax is about 100x more prone to brain explosions than Manu has been. Jax's shot-selection is far worse than Manu's and would probably have cost us a bunch of games over the years.

Big fan of Jackson, but we are talking about a HoF guy who has won at every level (Euroleague, WC, Olympics, NBA), has 3 NBA rings, should have been joint NBA Finals MVP in 2005, and is the ultimate teammate. No frickin way you take Jax over that.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-05-2009, 03:53 AM

I hope you don't claim to be a Spurs fan.

1. Stats are cheap, rings are not.
2. Jax is NOT clutcher over the course of his career. Sure, Jax has hit some huge shots, no doubt, but during his prime (2005-7), Manu was rated top 3 in clutch scoring (performance in the final two minutes) in the NBA. We are not comparing the players today, it is about choosing one or the other since 2004.
3. Jax would play for the US given the chance. Manu's choice to play for his country is a negative? The NBA does not own its players. Holding that against him, like somehow playing for your COUNTRY is a crime, is absurd.

You really should check your head.

timvp
04-05-2009, 04:10 AM
Homers! Captain Jack is averagingYou might want to change that verb tense. SJax's season has been over for a while now.

SJax is only on Manu's talent level when it comes to defense I agree with most of what you said but SJax > Manu on defense. If the Spurs would have had SJax to defend Dirk in 2006, that could have been a sweep. When motivated, SJax is a pretty damn good defender. Ginobili is by no means a bad defender but he thrives as a help defender. On the ball, Ginobili these days is average at best.

But yeah, there's no case that could be made that the Spurs should have picked SJax over Manu in 2003. Even going forward, Manu is still the better option, IMO.

whottt
04-05-2009, 04:26 AM
Eh I'd take Manu, he does a better job of making his teamates better and is more versatile than Jack but if you want someone to take open threes in playoff games I'd pretty much take Stephen Jackson over any other player in the NBA.

And please don't question Manu's toughness or ever utter the words like he is weak. Seriously...you shouldn't even be alloed to be a Spurfan for saying shit like that. ...I don't care what you want to say about the dude he's one of the mentally toughest players in the NBA...he doesn't play a lot of minutes because he's got the living shit beat out of him due to his style of play.

The same exact reason his career his going to end, much sooner than Stephen Jacksons.

Anyone that questions Ginobili's toughness or heart and uses words like weak to describe him should have their Spur card revoked IMHO...he gave his body to this team.

You are fucking weak...no true Spur fan would ever say something like that about him.

You go ask the guys he's played against if he's tough...I've never heard Kenyon Martin say a kind of word about anyone but even he admitted the Nuggets were knocking the shit out of Manu as hard as they could during the 05 playoffs and they couldn't stop him, he just kep coming.

That is he why he can't play that 13 minutes, that is why his body is breaking down.

You want to say Manu is bonehead at times, fine, you want to say he's breaking down fine...but don't say the dudes weak, he's breaking down because he refuses to be weak and has for his entire career...

It only proves you don't know shit about the Spurs...anyone that was watching Manu play 5 years ago could see he wasn't going to have a long career due the nature of his play.

I forget who it was....I think it was Kenny Smith, he said Manu Ginobili is the type of player that will barely be able to walk anymore when he is 40...and he meant it as a compliment.

You should be banned for using the words weak and Manu in the same sentence.

You really should...because you are a pathetic excuse for a Spurfan.

Obstructed_View
04-05-2009, 06:48 AM
FACT!

http://www.sworddragon.com/passions/images/montoya2.jpg
You Keep Using That Word...

Manu-of-steel
04-05-2009, 06:49 AM
Eh I'd take Manu, he does a better job of making his teamates better and is more versatile than Jack but if you want someone to take open threes in playoff games I'd pretty much take Stephen Jackson over any other player in the NBA.

And please don't question Manu's toughness or ever utter the words like he is weak. Seriously...you shouldn't even be alloed to be a Spurfan for saying shit like that. ...I don't care what you want to say about the dude he's one of the mentally toughest players in the NBA...he doesn't play a lot of minutes because he's got the living shit beat out of him due to his style of play.

The same exact reason his career his going to end, much sooner than Stephen Jacksons.

Anyone that questions Ginobili's toughness or heart and uses words like weak to describe him should have their Spur card revoked IMHO...he gave his body to this team.

You are fucking weak...no true Spur fan would ever say something like that about him.

You go ask the guys he's played against if he's tough...I've never heard Kenyon Martin say a kind of word about anyone but even he admitted the Nuggets were knocking the shit out of Manu as hard as they could during the 05 playoffs and they couldn't stop him, he just kep coming.

That is he why he can't play that 13 minutes, that is why his body is breaking down.

You want to say Manu is bonehead at times, fine, you want to say he's breaking down fine...but don't say the dudes weak, he's breaking down because he refuses to be weak and has for his entire career...

It only proves you don't know shit about the Spurs...anyone that was watching Manu play 5 years ago could see he wasn't going to have a long career due the nature of his play.

I forget who it was....I think it was Kenny Smith, he said Manu Ginobili is the type of player that will barely be able to walk anymore when he is 40...and he meant it as a compliment.

you have written here the words i wanted to write. +1

Obstructed_View
04-05-2009, 06:49 AM
Jack - You know what they say about black men
Manu - Italian blood with Latin sensibilities

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-05-2009, 07:26 AM
I think timvp, whottt and myself pretty much summed this one up. :tu

urunobili
04-05-2009, 09:16 AM

Sig material... can I whottt?

bigdog
04-05-2009, 09:29 AM
This is actually a tough one for me. Everyone loves Manu, and I do too, but I love me some Captian Jack. Sure, the dude has been a knucklehead at times, but he is actually a great guy that does tremendous things for the community. Besides that, like timvp said, he is a hell of a defender when he is motivated, and Manu really isn't THAT great of a defender. His best defensive attribute is the way he gambles when he goes for steals, that's about. As far as shooting percentages and all of that stuff, both Manu and Jack are somewhat streaky players, so I can't really say. I think they're about even, but Jack has the better defense.

I'd love both. lol

exstatic
04-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Stephen is bigger and a better defender, but he usually sleepwalks thru quarters one to three. Manu plays hard for the minutes he can in all quarters.

Manu

exstatic
04-05-2009, 09:39 AM
Jack
FG% .418
3G% .341

Manu
FG% .454
3g% .377

'Nuff said

Ron Ron Artest
04-05-2009, 09:55 AM
You might want to change that verb tense. SJax's season has been over for a while now.

does "for a while" mean about a week? He just went down not too long ago after playing the whole season on a bad foot or toes or whatever.

Manufan909
04-05-2009, 10:05 AM

:toast

Never thought I'd agree with a whott post as much as I do this one.

Rogue
04-05-2009, 10:09 AM
honestly I would pick Jackson rather than Manu if I had got a chance to make this sweet choice, Manu is a maestro on the court but he is no longer the flashy Manu of the old years. Along with his 3 rings and 1 finals' mvp, Manu has also gained many injuries as well. Captain Jack has played more years in this league but he is still more consistent than today's Manu IMHO.

Obstructed_View
04-05-2009, 10:10 AM
does "for a while" mean about a week? He just went down not too long ago after playing the whole season on a bad foot or toes or whatever.

"is averaging" means he's still playing. "was averaging" means that now he's out. It's fairly simple.

Spursone
04-05-2009, 10:23 AM
:lolI'd like to see us trade Udoka for Lebron James:lol

Cant_Be_Faded
04-05-2009, 11:14 AM
I'd rather have Manu, but its totally arguable that we could have won championships with Jack instead of Manu...not necessarily the 05 and 07 years, and not necessarily against the teams we ended up playing, but I think its a legit take.

I truly believe 3/4 of the people on this forum don't really remember how bad ass Jackson + Bowen were defensively in 2003. They put every other team's wings on total lock down.

The argument is not so automatic as alot of people in here intimate it is. Manu has heart, and the fire, and does make his teammates better, but Jackson is amazingly clutch in the one area that always kills us when teams pack the paint and was a lanky defensive beast under Pop and will have a longer career.

m33p0
04-05-2009, 11:51 AM
manu>jax

dont' argue coz it's just one of those facts of life.

holcs50
04-05-2009, 12:51 PM
As this point in their careers I would go with SJax and actually by a bit. Dont get me wrong manu is prob my fav spur and I appreciate all he's done, but his prime is passed. His injuries have been a result of so much play over the years internationally as well as long runs into the playoffs and lets be honest he isn't all that young anymore. SJax on the other hand is physical presence-if you've watched lakers/gstate games he gives kobe some tough D (if thats possible) because of his size and quickness-he's smart-relatively injury free-and I don't think his attitude is anywhere near the problem it was a few years ago. And I think in the right situation he can have a good attitude like when in SA.

Spurs Brazil
04-05-2009, 01:07 PM
I love Jax but Manu

DAF86
04-05-2009, 01:28 PM
As this point in their careers I would go with SJax and actually by a bit. Dont get me wrong manu is prob my fav spur and I appreciate all he's done, but his prime is passed. His injuries have been a result of so much play over the years internationally as well as long runs into the playoffs and lets be honest he isn't all that young anymore. SJax on the other hand is physical presence-if you've watched lakers/gstate games he gives kobe some tough D (if thats possible) because of his size and quickness-he's smart-relatively injury free-and I don't think his attitude is anywhere near the problem it was a few years ago. And I think in the right situation he can have a good attitude like when in SA.

If Jackson were playing here under Pop and Manu in Golden State under Don Nelson, you wouldn't be saying the same thing. Manu would be averaging something like 25 pts, 7 assts, 7 rbds under Nelson.
You don't realize what you have until you lose it.

Obstructed_View
04-05-2009, 01:33 PM
If Jack had stayed in San Antonio, Pop would have tried to make him the backup point guard and fucked his confidence, ground him down benching by benching for missed rotations by other players, and traded him plus a draft pick for nothing in the offseason a couple of years ago.

holcs50
04-05-2009, 01:34 PM
If Jackson were playing here under Pop and Manu in Golden State under Don Nelson, you wouldn't be saying the same thing. Manu would be averaging something like 25 pts, 7 assts, 7 rbds under Nelson.
You don't realize what you have until you lose it.

^^^Im not going by stats because that completely subjective....If you plug him in here, he'll do this and so on. Who knows how their stats would look. Im judging purely on their play. Again Im not saying id take sjax over manu over their careers cuz I wouldn't....but now considering injuries/age, and play yea Id take Jax.

ps nice sig bro

DAF86
04-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Jax:

You should lose your Argie nationality over that statement. Jackson can't drible the ball without looking at the floor 'cause he would drible the ball out off his foot if he wouldn't (I don't know if that sentence made sense). Plus he's slow as hell and my grandma can jump higher than him. Let's face it Jackson is role player playing with the responsibilities of a star.

DAF86
04-05-2009, 01:41 PM
^^^Im not going by stats because that completely subjective....If you plug him in here, he'll do this and so on. Who knows how their stats would look. Im judging purely on their play. Again Im not saying id take sjax over manu over their careers cuz I wouldn't....but now considering injuries/age, and play yea Id take Jax.

ps nice sig bro

Do you know that S-Jax is about the same age as Manu and right now is injured? Again I don't think many people here know how bad this season was for Jackson.

DAF86
04-05-2009, 01:42 PM
Manu is too weak to play as many minutes as Captain Jack. FACT!

Manu has a FG% of ZERO in the 13 minutes HE CAN'T PLAY. FACT!

Because he plays point guard and Manu would turn the ball over even more as a point guard. FACT!

Manu will cost even more over 4 years. FACT!

The Warriors have many more scoring opsions than the Spurs. Fact!

Captain Jack was clutcher and had bigger balls in his one season here than Manu has in his whole career. FACT!

Accept Captain Jack can play 13 more minutes. FACT!

Captain Jack was a model angel here. FACT!

You're a Manu hater. FACT!

ATXSPUR
04-05-2009, 05:40 PM
Jax, and it's not even that close in my opinion. I'd rather have someone who is durable and consistent over someone who can be superman one minute, a turnover machine the next, or unable to play after that.

ElNono
04-05-2009, 05:43 PM
Jax, and it's not even that close in my opinion. I'd rather have someone who is durable and consistent over someone who can be superman one minute, a turnover machine the next, or unable to play after that.

If anything, Jax is a turnover machine consistently...
And up until this season, Manu played considerably more games than SJax... so I don't really know what do you mean by durable...

ElNono
04-05-2009, 05:45 PM
You should lose your Argie nationality over that statement. Jackson can't drible the ball without looking at the floor 'cause he would drible the ball out off his foot if he wouldn't (I don't know if that sentence made sense). Plus he's slow as hell and my grandma can jump higher than him. Let's face it Jackson is role player playing with the responsibilities of a star.

He's got a bigger size and he's a better defender than Manu. Manu is the better offensive player, and has the bigger basketball IQ. They're really two different players excelling at different things.

spurtech09
04-05-2009, 05:50 PM
the coyote or mark cuban?

Yuixafun
04-05-2009, 07:44 PM
It was Artest who charged into the stands to find the fan that tossed the beer at him while he was lounging on the scorers' table.

Jax seeing his teammate go up there alone to face who knows what, followed him, to get his back.

Was this the right thing to do? That depends on your personal code of values. You see a teammate putting himself in harms way you gonna just chill and let him get hurt?

We can only imagine with his talents, how much different a basketball player, and Man, Stephen Jackson would have become had he stayed here in SA, under Coach Pop, with Tim Duncan, and all the character guys we had over the years for him to learn from.

I miss Feast or Famine and his fearless approach to the game. Imagine him and Manu making marvelous plays and getting the stadium krunk! Jax and Bowen hounding Lebron or Kobe.

Or in 2004 when TP was getting assualted by the Lakers, after an especially hard foul, picking up Tony, you better bet Jax then would have been in somebody's mug with Duncan glaring over top of him..

For as great as our core guys are, Jax dynamite like personality, would have added another dimension to the Spurs. In my mind you need a player like that as long as you have good people around him.

Pop is Earth, TD is Water, TP is Wind, Manu all Heart.. Jax would have been our mutha fukin fire!

DAF86
04-05-2009, 10:20 PM

Durable:

"News: Jackson underwent surgery to remove multiple bone spurs from his left foot Tuesday, the Associated Press reports.
Spin: Jackson's bone spurs were located above nerve tissue under his big toe, according to Dr. Thomas Clanton, who performed the surgery in Houston. Jackson will begin rehabilitation in six weeks. He's obviously out for the rest of this season"

When was the last time Manu had a season ending injury? ... Oh that's right: never. Even though he has played the double of games in his career.

Consistent:

41 % FG - 33 % 3pt - 3.88 TO's If you want somebody that consistenly put those numbers you're crazy.

The Franchise
04-05-2009, 10:24 PM
At this point Stephen Jackson.

ElNono
04-05-2009, 10:26 PM
It was Artest who charged into the stands to find the fan that tossed the beer at him while he was lounging on the scorers' table.

Jax seeing his teammate go up there alone to face who knows what, followed him, to get his back.

Was this the right thing to do? That depends on your personal code of values. You see a teammate putting himself in harms way you gonna just chill and let him get hurt?

We can only imagine with his talents, how much different a basketball player, and Man, Stephen Jackson would have become had he stayed here in SA, under Coach Pop, with Tim Duncan, and all the character guys we had over the years for him to learn from.

I miss Feast or Famine and his fearless approach to the game. Imagine him and Manu making marvelous plays and getting the stadium krunk! Jax and Bowen hounding Lebron or Kobe.

Or in 2004 when TP was getting assualted by the Lakers, after an especially hard foul, picking up Tony, you better bet Jax then would have been in somebody's mug with Duncan glaring over top of him..

For as great as our core guys are, Jax dynamite like personality, would have added another dimension to the Spurs. In my mind you need a player like that as long as you have good people around him.

Pop is Earth, TD is Water, TP is Wind, Manu all Heart.. Jax would have been our mutha fukin fire!

It's not that we didn't want him. He walked away from us. There's a lot of people, me included, that would have loved to have kept Jax and see him grow with us. But after winning the championship, he decided he wanted to be 'The Man' and that was not going to happen in San Antonio.

MrChug
04-05-2009, 10:28 PM
I just don't know what has been going on with Manu this year.

I'm not even talking about his injuries, it's like all the bad decisions he made in his first few years! I'm so confused.

coldsweat
04-05-2009, 10:35 PM
worst post ever. ginobilli's going to come back to his previous form after several games, remember last time he came back it took him several games as well to regain his unstoppable forum. he'll prove the believers right in the playoffs.

ducks
04-06-2009, 12:32 AM
worst post ever. ginobilli's going to come back to his previous form after several games, remember last time he came back it took him several games as well to regain his unstoppable forum. he'll prove the believers right in the playoffs.

really
I am glad you know
I will run to vegas and drop 100 k on spurs

coldsweat
04-06-2009, 04:03 PM
really
I am glad you know
I will run to vegas and drop 100 k on spurs

okay, maybe i shouldn't have been that dismissive of your post, at this time yes it is worthy to ask ourselves who's the better player. but manu's struggled post-injury before, i don't expect it to last.

SPURS50
04-06-2009, 04:10 PM
I would never take Sjax over Ginobili. I love Sjax but Gino is the better player even if he has missed some time over the past few seasons!