PDA

View Full Version : Edwin Valero

whottt
04-05-2009, 03:16 AM
25-0.
25 Knockouts.
18 in the first round*.

*He just won the WBC Lightweight championship with an early second round knockout.

I just got done working the WBC Lightweight championship which Valero just won(and btw, getting paid to sit in $500 dollar seats and watch a world championship boxing match rules), but I digress...

This dude is every bit the fucking freak those numbers indicate he is. I don't think I've ever seen a fighter quite like him before. He is insane. He fights like his life depends on it. And he has the eyes of a madman in the ring. And you will hear more from him in the future.

mexicanjunior
04-08-2009, 12:20 PM
I have those Austin fights recorded, will probably watch them this weekend.

mexicanjunior
04-13-2009, 04:09 PM
After watching the fight, I was not all that impressed with him. He beat up a 39 year old journeyman for the title. His style seemed very amateurish, he held his chin up WAY too high and was not very economical with his punches. Against a solid counterpuncher with decent power (ie JM Marquez), he would be in alot of trouble...

I. Hustle
04-13-2009, 04:21 PM
The dude is a beast. I would have loved to have been there. F U Whott for being able to sit in badass seats for free.
Even though I agree he needs to fight people like JMM I don't think it would be that tough for him.

Hooks
04-20-2009, 07:27 PM
He's got real good power, I've seen him a couple of times.

I REALLY want to see Yuriorkis Gamboa vs. Valero @ 130, Man that would be a CRAZY fight... It may not go past the 5th round but damn it'd be entertaining. Gamboa is like a pitbull, I don't know if he could take a shot from Valero. He's been dropped a couple of times before but has gotten back up. IDK how hard a shot Valero can take so I'm not sure about him.