PDA

View Full Version : Pound the paint

DeadlyDynasty
04-05-2009, 11:13 AM
If Pop is smart then he realizes that Cleveland is softer than Charmin in the post. The Lakers, Magic, and Celtics obliterated them in the paint, and SA is equipped to do so as well. TD and Gooden should start--and TP and the rest of the gang needs to feed them early and often. On the defensive side, LBJ can muscle his way into the paint but SA has to make him work hard for it. Cleveland is a jump-shooting team, and they see a lot of open looks due to the attention James draws. The Cavs usually knock down their shots in the first half and get teams to panic and get out of their gameplan. I don't care if they shoot 61% in the first half--Pop needs to stick with the inside game and they'll more than likely pull this one out. The Cavaliers can't score or defend the post...if Pop watches the game film (which he obviously does), the blueprint is there. Do us a solid fellas and take care of business:flag:

jag
04-05-2009, 11:38 AM
If Pop is smart then he realizes that Cleveland is softer than Charmin in the post. The Lakers, Magic, and Celtics obliterated them in the paint, and SA is equipped to do so as well. TD and Gooden should start--and TP and the rest of the gang needs to feed them early and often. On the defensive side, LBJ can muscle his way into the paint but SA has to make him work hard for it. Cleveland is a jump-shooting team, and they see a lot of open looks due to the attention James draws. The Cavs usually knock down their shots in the first half and get teams to panic and get out of their gameplan. I don't care if they shoot 61% in the first half--Pop needs to stick with the inside game and they'll more than likely pull this one out. The Cavaliers can't score or defend the post...if Pop watches the game film (which he obviously does), the blueprint is there. Do us a solid fellas and take care of business:flag:

I like the idea of Tim and Gooden starting, but with Manu starting, as well, it makes our second unit completely worthless. Gooden and RMJ coming off the bench together should provide a decent level of offense until Tony gets back into the game.

I do agree with pounding it into the paint, though. It'd be nice to see Tim get off early.

Spursmania
04-05-2009, 11:52 AM
I like the idea of Tim and Gooden starting, but with Manu starting, as well, it makes our second unit completely worthless. Gooden and RMJ coming off the bench together should provide a decent level of offense until Tony gets back into the game.

I do agree with pounding it into the paint, though. It'd be nice to see Tim get off early.

Good posts and I completely agree.