PDA

View Full Version : Pop screwed Mason badddd!!!

redskinfan
04-05-2009, 12:49 PM
By letting him run back up point the last few we just fucked up his game, he is a lost mofo out there and dont know what to do.:bang

Texas_Ranger
04-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Pop screwed the whole team!

VaSpursFan
04-05-2009, 12:53 PM
i gotta agree with this. mason looks confused as hell now. doesn't know when to shoot or pass. he just passed up an open j late in the shot clock so fucking Jacque could take a shot...WTF???

polandprzem
04-05-2009, 12:58 PM
No one play was set for mason

EricB
04-05-2009, 12:59 PM
Yeah Pop told him to pass up open shots.

Good idea.

redskinfan
04-05-2009, 02:28 PM
I posted the same thread 3 hours ago.

Yeah I saw it after I started mine, sorry Phila.

DMX7
04-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Yeah Pop told him to pass up open shots.

Good idea.

indirectly, he kinda did.

lefty
04-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Starting Mason >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.. 6th man Mason

superbigtime
04-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Another fuck up by the coach.

wildbill2u
04-05-2009, 02:55 PM
i gotta agree with this. mason looks confused as hell now. doesn't know when to shoot or pass. he just passed up an open j late in the shot clock so fucking Jacque could take a shot...WTF???

You know a shooter has no confidence in his shot when he passes up a 3, takes a step inside the line and shoots a weak 2. Did it several times.

Maybe it will come back to him in the playoffs.

wisnub
04-05-2009, 02:58 PM
By letting him run back up point the last few we just fucked up his game, he is a lost mofo out there and dont know what to do.:bang

he better off at 2...so he can spot up an open 3 instead of running offense

EricB
04-05-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm just curious.

When he ran the point last year in Washington how is that different than being asked to do it with SA?

Just curious.

spurtech09
04-05-2009, 03:14 PM
pop needs to start mason again....and no pg duties for him

EricB
04-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Washington had nothing to lose and we do.

Uh that doesn't answer the question skippy.

J Mack
04-05-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm just curious.

When he ran the point last year in Washington how is that different than being asked to do it with SA?

Just curious. I will take a guess at it . i didnt see any wizards games last year but i would " guess" maybe their coach wasnt as confusing or wishy washy to the players???:downspin:

Spurs da champs
04-05-2009, 08:51 PM
pop needs to start mason again....and no pg duties for him

I agree, unfortunately though pop can never be wrong in his own mind so doubt that will happen.

SPURS50
04-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Mason looks very predictable of late. Good teams know how to guard him now, as apposed to earlier in the season.

Agloco
04-05-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm just curious.

Just curious.

Did you just ask that?

Seriously. :lol

Spur|n|Austin
04-05-2009, 09:54 PM
Pops must go if he doesnt have a good off season

:lol yaa oooooooooook

Bruno
04-05-2009, 10:18 PM
I plain disagree with the idea that Pop has somewhat screwed Mason.

Mason has played very well in November but he has been that good after the first month. Pop has started to try Mason at backup PG after the ASG and Mason stats after the ASG aren't worse than in December, January and early February.

I guess people make the assumption that Pop has screwed Mason for two reasons :
First, Manu being out. Without Manu, spotlights were on Mason. Fans have looked more closely at him and Mason hasn't been able to raise his level like in November.
Second, Mason looks bad at the PG spot. It has nothing to do with Pop. Mason just isn't a PG.

IMO, Pop has been quite horrible lately but putting Mason "slump" on him makes quite no sense.

redskinfan
04-05-2009, 10:28 PM
IMO, Pop has been quite horrible lately but putting Mason "slump" on him makes quite no sense.

The reason for his slump IMO is the decision to put him as primary back up PG, It has totally changed his thinking, it's like he has his PG mentality out there and we know that sucks ass! His game was perimeter now he tries to do too much and is SCREWED up.

Bruno
04-05-2009, 10:35 PM
The reason for his slump IMO is the decision to put him as primary back up PG

Mason" slump" has started two month and a half before Pop put him as the primary backup PG.
Unless you believe in some metaphysics laws, it will be quite difficult to link that "slump" with Pop putting him as the backup PG spot.

mountainballer
04-06-2009, 04:21 AM
usually the simple answers are the right answers. all people would need to do is look at the whole picture. (which is a naive demand, I know).
Mason is just worn out. period. this didn't start a week ago or two, this started in January.
no surprise, if you look at the whole picture. last season was Masons first "real" NBA season. and then he played 1708 minutes. this season he already played 2301 minutes. you don't build the ability to survive a full 30 MPG NBA season by work outs during the summer. and Mason isn't an elite athlete to begin with. Pop had to play him more than expected, because of the injuries of Manu. and Pop very well noticed that Mason runs out of gas, when he started to look for a different role for him. that was the moment when he started the back up PG experiment. he just tried to find a spot in the rotation, where Mason could still be effective, but within reduced minutes and workload. I'm sure this was also a try to find a role with a lower workload on defense. as the starting SG you are usually asked to defend the best athletes in the league. for a relatively small guy like Mason that's a high demand, even if the season was young. defending the backup PG from the other team usually lowers this workload significantly.
the experiment didn't work well. but I don't blame Pop for trying the right and necessary things, especially when he starts to do it, before we see the need. that's why he is a great coach. sometimes the weired looking moves are a very reasonable reaction.