PDA

View Full Version : I Called Kens5/Ch4/29/12 about Bruce/Pop

SA210
04-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Who's going to help?

I asked why the media is not asking the tough questions on why Pop is not starting Bruce Bowen. I told them Pop is going against his own principles and that Bruce shut down Lebron just year before last, was in the NBA Finals MVP talk, and now can't get off the bench, and Lebron now has 18 in the 1st quarter with no Bruce on him.

:pctoss

He said (Kens5) that we're not having a losing season, and I got more upset and told him we're gonna have a losing Post Season! He said no sports guys are in but he'll pass it on to them. :bang

I left a voicemail for David Chancellor.

Had a lengthy discussion with KSAT 12 and they said it's not something that can be brought up to Pop because he gives short answers. I said screw that. Fllow up, press him! Fox29 said the same thing. One guy said "Look Bruce is in there now and they're still killing us"

I said, yea, after we let the guy get hot.

We need everyone calling in and complaining about the Bruce/Pop thing.

KENS5 (210)-366-5001

News4 WOAI (210)-226-5665

KSAT12 (210) 351-1269

FOX29 (210)442-NEWS

Who's in? :flag:

Yogurt210
04-05-2009, 01:12 PM
sounds like a plan..maybe we all can screw pop's head back on. I seriously dont know what the fuck happened to pop

weebo
04-05-2009, 01:16 PM
just called...no answer

Duncan2177
04-05-2009, 01:17 PM
sounds like a plan..maybe we all can screw pop's head back on. I seriously dont know what the fuck happened to pop

Good question.

SpursFan0728
04-05-2009, 01:36 PM
Good job!

Seriously, good job.

SA210
04-05-2009, 01:39 PM
This is all out of my Spurs love. Let's make them phone calls and emails everyone.

MannyIsGod
04-05-2009, 01:42 PM
:lmao

Brining your activism skills to Spurs fandom. Nice.

ClingingMars
04-05-2009, 01:43 PM
good job guys, kind of long distance for me.

baseline bum
04-05-2009, 01:43 PM
:lol

Don't forget to protest in front of the AT&T Center.

SA210
04-05-2009, 01:47 PM

Brining your activism skills to Spurs fandom. Nice.

:toast

Did You make the call?

DMX7
04-05-2009, 01:48 PM
oh yeah, Bruce Bowen has been so awesome this game.

spursfan09
04-05-2009, 01:54 PM
I'm not defending Pop or anything, but what Tim Duncan, and Manu. They've been playing like crap also.

SA210
04-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Ok Game Over, time to make the calls people.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Even if Pop was not fucking us with weird lineups, Duncan still would not be playing the way we need him to play to win.

He can't even score in 1 on 1 situations against rookies anymore.

lefty
04-05-2009, 02:30 PM
I would do that

But that would long distance call for me

Can someone pass the following message along : " Pop, fuck you "

Thomas82
04-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Even if Pop was not fucking us with weird lineups, Duncan still would not be playing the way we need him to play to win.

He can't even score in 1 on 1 situations against rookies anymore.

Yeah, those knees are hell for him.

SA210
04-05-2009, 02:41 PM
I would do that

But that would long distance call for me

Can someone pass the following message along : " Pop, fuck you "

Seems like that's what he's been saying to us. :bang

EricB
04-05-2009, 02:44 PM
You have the time for this?

Seriously?

No hobbies?

SA210
04-05-2009, 02:47 PM

Seriously?

No hobbies?

This is a hobbie.

SA210
04-05-2009, 03:03 PM
Fox29 told me that Pop basically made the decision that this is Bruce's last year here. :pctoss

Screw that

EricB
04-05-2009, 03:03 PM
So you really think asking Pop why he isn't playing Bowen more will force a "move" ?

i'm just curious what the point of all this is.

Oh, Gee!!
04-05-2009, 03:05 PM
Pop won't give a shit--have you seen the way he belittles journalists. Pop is an arrogant s.o.b. and he'd never take a suggestion from a fan or a reporter.

SA210
04-05-2009, 03:07 PM
So you really think asking Pop why he isn't playing Bowen more will force a "move" ?

To get answers, and yea, to knock some sense into him by telling him what the truth is. He's gone against his own rules.

EricB
04-05-2009, 03:08 PM
To get answers, and yea, to knock some sense into him by telling him what the truth is. He's gone against his own rules.

Yeah, some fan in bumfuck texas is gonna knock sense into him.

Good luck with pushing that immovable object.

DynastyBuilder
See example starting at 0:55 and the at 1:35 - http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/2009/04/01/090331_pop.mpg.nba/index.html

EricB
Pop won't give a shit--have you seen the way he belittles journalists. Pop is an arrogant s.o.b. and he'd never take a suggestion from a fan or a reporter.

Because 99% of the journalists are complete fucktards.

SA210

Yea, I know how he is. He should still be grilled. We pay his salary.

Oh, Gee!!
04-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Because 99% of the journalists are complete fucktards.

and scared shitless of pop

EricB
04-05-2009, 03:09 PM

Grilled

Yeah ok.

EricB
04-05-2009, 03:10 PM
and scared shitless of pop

Cause he doesn't respect anyone that doesn't ask a question with some thought behind it.

He usually gets dumbfuck questions.

Some reporters who actually ask questions with some thought get respect.

Its not that tough.

DynastyBuilder
04-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Cause he doesn't respect anyone that doesn't ask a question with some thought behind it.

He usually gets dumbfuck questions.

Some reporters who actually ask questions with some thought get respect.

Its not that tough.

That was Monroe at the :55 mark...

Death In June
04-05-2009, 03:12 PM

Seriously?

No hobbies?Says a guy who has logged in over 2,000 post on a spurs message board.

SA210
04-05-2009, 03:13 PM
See example starting at 0:55 and the at 1:35 - http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/2009/04/01/090331_pop.mpg.nba/index.html

OMG wth? That's just ridiculous. They should air That clip on the newscast.

EricB
04-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Says a guy who has logged in over 2,000 post on a spurs message board.

Who are you?

DynastyBuilder
04-05-2009, 03:15 PM
FYI the Spurs are a privately owned business, questions don't have to be answered...

SPURS vs NBA media
04-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Who's going to help?

I asked why the media is not asking the tough questions on why Pop is not starting Bruce Bowen. I told them Pop is going against his own principles and that Bruce shut down Lebron just year before last, was in the NBA Finals MVP talk, and now can't get off the bench, and Lebron now has 18 in the 1st quarter with no Bruce on him.

He said (Kens5) that we're not having a losing season, and I got more upset and told him we're gonna have a losing Post Season! He said no sports guys are in but he'll pass it on to them. :bang

Had a lengthy discussion with KSAT 12 and they said it's not something that can be brought up to Pop because he gives short answers. I said screw that. Fllow up, press him! Fox29 said the same thing. One guy said "Look Bruce is in there now and they're still killing us"

KENS5 (210)-366-5001

KSAT12 (210) 351-1269

FOX29 (210)442-NEWS

get over it or get a life :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

EricB
04-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Stern wouldn't like that very much...

He doesn't have any money invested in the Spurs, so why wouldn't he?

Oh, Gee!!
04-05-2009, 03:19 PM
Stern wouldn't like that very much...

don't they get fined by the league if they don't make themselves available to the media?

SA210
don't they get fined by the league if they don't make themselves available to the media?

Death In June
Who are you?Why do I need to know you in order to point out that you're a condescending douche with no place to call out people for ill spent time. I, unlike you, don't need to make friends here, which is why I don't plan on you having me on a first name basis.

poop
04-05-2009, 03:23 PM

Seriously?

No hobbies?

nobody likes you.

angel_luv
04-05-2009, 03:34 PM
I think it's really cool that you guys called.
Way to take action. I salute you. :)

SA210
04-05-2009, 03:35 PM
I remember D-Rob once saying you don't know how valuable Bruce is till you don't have him.

SA210
04-05-2009, 03:50 PM
get over it or get a life :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

This is called having a life. :flag:

Manufan909
04-05-2009, 03:57 PM
Hope whoever told you Pop decided this was Bowens last year was high. I know Gist and Hairston are going to be coming in, but I want Bowen to be the vet SF, not only Fin. If he starts the majority of the time next season as well, I'm going to have to look into inducing comas that are 100% possible to get out of, so Pop is forced to play someone other than his mancrush at SF.

SA210
04-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Hope whoever told you Pop decided this was Bowens last year was high. I know Gist and Hairston are going to be coming in, but I want Bowen to be the vet SF, not only Fin. If he starts the majority of the time next season as well, I'm going to have to look into inducing comas that are 100% possible to get out of, so Pop is forced to play someone other than his mancrush at SF.

He said it like it was a given. :bang

Love ya Bruce, doin' my part to show my support for you!

bigkevrocks31
04-05-2009, 04:22 PM

yes, the reason why he doesn't want to answer any questions from reporters becuase he knows that the fans are right and hes wrong he fucked up the whole line up and the team. he hates to hear the truth.

Laker Lanny
04-05-2009, 04:22 PM
If those radio/tv stations really wanted your input they would take the time to post here they don't give 2 shits about what you, or ST thinks.

DynastyBuilder
04-05-2009, 04:28 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51y-qaRPB6L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

angel_luv
04-05-2009, 04:32 PM
This isn't L.A. A lot of our sports reporters are hometown boys and have no problem chatting w/ Spurs fans and giving them some of their time.

David Chancellor was very pleasant the few times I e-mailed him a sports question or comment.

So was Buck Harvey.

Kori Ellis
04-05-2009, 04:38 PM

Ditto.

Pop doesn't answer questions from the media about who he's playing and why. His traditional answer is "we played who we decided to play" or something like that.

And Pop doesn't really care if the media, the fans, or Bruce's wife wants him to play, if he's not going to do it, he won't.

The only people who might be able to talk to him are: 1) The coaching staff (but I think they were probably part of the decision NOT to play him) or 2) Timmy D.

I don't even think Pop has given up on Bruce as a defender. I think he's just decided that this team will need to win with offense. That's why he constantly says stuff like, "Well we just didn't hit our shots" when they lose.

After LeBron tore up Finley in the 1st quarter, they asked Pop if they were going to change the defense on him and Pop said, "It might seem crazy, but No."

I think this team goes through too many scoring droughts to win a title (or even get out of the first round) on offense alone. They must get better defensively or the playoffs are going to be short.

Laker Lanny
04-05-2009, 04:59 PM
This isn't L.A. A lot of our sports reporters are hometown boys and have no problem chatting w/ Spurs fans and giving them some of their time.

show me the post where they came here or mentioned this site!

SA210
04-05-2009, 08:00 PM
David Chancellor was very pleasant the few times I e-mailed him a sports question or comment.

So was Buck Harvey.

Left him a message, let's see if they address it.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-05-2009, 08:15 PM
Reporter: "Pop, why aren't you playing Bruce?"

Pop: ...silence...

Reporter: "Pop, why aren't you playing Bruce?"

Pop: ...silence...

etc.

*half an hour later*

Reporter: "Pop, why aren't you..."

Pop: "Okay, shut up now. Bruce is done. Bruce couldn't stop a rat from eating his sandwich any more, let alone LBJ going to the hole. Bruce's career, and our season, is OVER. Get it? Done. Finito. Completo. Geddit? Happy now? I'm off to quaff Pinot..."

Sadly, I think Pop knows his team, and that some part of all this screwing with rotations has been an effort to cover the fact that Bruce is done. Asking the question to his face, whilst an exercise in good journalism, won't change that.

Kori Ellis
04-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Sadly, I think Pop knows his team, and that some part of all this screwing with rotations has been an effort to cover the fact that Bruce is done.

I don't believe that even for a second.

Bowen has held his ground almost all season in the minutes we have seen him. Also screwing Roger Mason into the backup PG spot has nothing to do with Bowen, neither does refusing to play Hill. I think Pop is just mismanaging right now.

SA210
04-05-2009, 08:26 PM

Bowen has held his ground almost all season in the minutes we have seen him. Also screwing Roger Mason into the backup PG spot has nothing to do with Bowen, neither does refusing to play Hill. I think Pop is just mismanaging right now.

:tu

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-05-2009, 08:30 PM

Holding his ground is not enough. This team was a champion when Bruce was the best, or very close to the best, perimeter defender in the NBA. Now he's still okay, but when was the last time he changed a game with his D? I'd say against the Nets 6-7 weeks ago. Bruce -10% is not enough for this team to succeed.

Do I think Bruce is the only problem? No way - Tim's knees, and the screwed-up rotations leading to terrible chemistry are the crux of the problem right now - but all the same I don't think Bruce is a game changer any more, and that leaves a big hole in the Spurs.

Kori Ellis
04-05-2009, 08:33 PM
When the Spurs played the Suns in the beginning of March, Bowen played 28 minutes and JRich went 6-15.

When the Spurs played the Warriors less than 2 weeks ago, Bowen played 28 minutes and Jack shot 7-for-17. When they played Boston, Bowen played 20 minutes on Pierce, and we know Pierce shot 3-for-20 or whatever.

He didn't look "done" in any of those games at all. Pop is choosing offense over defense. And the offense isn't good enough to do that. If Manu was in stride and Duncan was healthy, I would say go ahead and try to win with offense. But they aren't. And the Spurs need more D. More D=More Bowen, More Hill.

ducks
04-05-2009, 08:37 PM
why not email your contacts that kori

SA210
04-05-2009, 08:39 PM
When the Spurs played the Suns in the beginning of March, Bowen played 28 minutes and JRich went 6-15.

When the Spurs played the Warriors less than 2 weeks ago, Bowen played 28 minutes and Jack shot 7-for-17. When they played Boston, Bowen played 20 minutes on Pierce, and we know Pierce shot 3-for-20 or whatever.

He didn't look "done" in any of those games at all. Pop is choosing offense over defense. And the offense isn't good enough to do that. If Manu was in stride and Duncan was healthy, I would say go ahead and try to win with offense. But they aren't. And the Spurs need more D. More D=More Bowen, More Hill.

I never thought I'd see this happen. :depressed

Libri
04-05-2009, 08:44 PM

Is Pop trying to do something that no other team in recent history has done, which is to win a championship with offense instead of defense?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-05-2009, 08:50 PM

Yeah, Bruce played well in those games, so you'd wonder why Pop has gone away from him. You may well be right that Pop is choosing O over D and that's why he's doing what he's doing, but he might also have realised that a slower Bruce is just not the impact defender he was in that he could turn any game he walked into. These days he turns the odd game, but has nowhere near the impact he used to. You only have to lose 5% of your physical attributes at this level of competition to lose a big chunk of your effectiveness. The other possibility, and this is way out there, but what if this is some kind of CIA Pop plan and Bruce is being "saved" for the playoffs? Unlikely, makes no sense to me, but Pop has done stranger things.

I would love to have seen Hill and Bowen playing 20 minutes a game - I even started a thread a fortnight ago about rotations to say so - but apparently that is not going to happen. Poor Hill is suffering because of Pop's Benophobia, and Bruce, well you could be right, I could be right, who knows? If Pop hasn't yet worked out that this team can't rely on its offense to win games, things are worse than I thought! :lol

Bulwark
04-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Ditto.

Pop doesn't answer questions from the media about who he's playing and why. His traditional answer is "we played who we decided to play" or something like that.

And Pop doesn't really care if the media, the fans, or Bruce's wife wants him to play, if he's not going to do it, he won't.

The only people who might be able to talk to him are: 1) The coaching staff (but I think they were probably part of the decision NOT to play him) or 2) Timmy D.

I don't even think Pop has given up on Bruce as a defender. I think he's just decided that this team will need to win with offense. That's why he constantly says stuff like, "Well we just didn't hit our shots" when they lose.

After LeBron tore up Finley in the 1st quarter, they asked Pop if they were going to change the defense on him and Pop said, "It might seem crazy, but No."

I think this team goes through too many scoring droughts to win a title (or even get out of the first round) on offense alone. They must get better defensively or the playoffs are going to be short.

I don't understand giving Vaughn minutes then.

superbigtime
04-05-2009, 09:17 PM
You guys are making great points. Pop has the players he wanted and now it seems he doesn't know how to find the right combination of guys on the court. I just don't understand why on earth JV is seeing real PT. GH and Mason have been mismanaged in my opinion. Gooden and Bonner's minutes should be reversed. Now Manu in starting line up leaves with a pretty weak bench outside of Gooden. Bruce should get ALL of Ime's minutes. And we have to STOP CHUCKING UP 3's. This team has become a finesse show and they're playing like pussies.

timvp
04-05-2009, 09:29 PM
I don't even think Pop has given up on Bruce as a defender. I think he's just decided that this team will need to win with offense. Agreed.

This all goes back to the Lakers series. After the Spurs lost, Pop said that their problem last year was offense. This year, everything he's done is to maximize the offensive potential of this team.

Pop's philosophy has changed from "we'll win with our defense" to "as long as our defense is solid, we'll win if we hit our shots". That's the reality of the situation and everything points to it.

One example is to look at Bonner starting. Any former Pop coached team would never start someone like Bonner. Bonner is starting for his offense. Look at Kurt Thomas for another example. He's played great defense but that hasn't resulted in extended minutes. In any year in the past, Thomas' play would have him playing 25+ minutes per game. This year, he has barely gotten off the pine at times.

The signing of Gooden is yet another example. Gooden can score but he's always been a horrible defender. Pop knew that when they signed him. But he fits into the change of philosophy.

Even freakin' Vaughn is on the court for offensive reasons. Pop said he's playing Vaughn so that he can call more plays on the offensive ends.

I think Pop looked at last season and determined that the Spurs just couldn't win with the offensive droughts that plagued the team. I think he also recognized (correctly or incorrectly?) that the competition has changed to the point that great defense won't be good enough.

Pop sees the Lakers and sees an offensive juggernaut that isn't going to be stopped by the Spurs playing top level defense. So instead of trying to beat them 90-85, he's putting a lineup that he hopes can beat them 100-95. In the East, I just think Pop doesn't think the Spurs have the personnel to out-defense teams like the Celtics or Cavs.

A tiny part of me sees where Pop is coming from and sees the method behind the madness. But the rest of me thinks that Pop gave up on his own winning method too early. I would have loved to see another year built on defense because I think the addition of Thomas for the whole season and Mason and Hill adding different dimensions that the Spurs would have had a pretty darn good chance.

The bottomline is I don't think Pop has given up on Bowen. After much contemplation and re-reading Pop's quotes going back to last year, I truly think he just has changed his philosophy. Perhaps part of the philosophical change is due to the inevitable fact that Bowen was going to eventually fall off anyways so he might as well get a jump on how the Spurs will have to play without him, but Bowen was powerless this season to keep his claim to his minutes.

This is just a new era of Spurs Basketball, ladies and gentlemen. Hopefully Pop knows what he's doing.

Ghazi
04-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Spurs aren't a great offensive team though. 13th as far as efficiency, still 5th in defense.

anonoftheinternets
04-05-2009, 09:36 PM

hes already said its coz vaughn knows the whole playbook so he can unleash the full spurs offensive repetoire with vaughn out there ..... of course.... only we realize its going to be 4 on 5, so pointless to have the "whole" playbook, when one of your players is basically non-existant. :(

But again, what options does he have? we have all seen GHill plays SG well, but is by no means a point guard, mason sure the hell is not a point guard. Soooooooo we are stuck with vaughn. But hopefully, parker plays 42-44 mins in the PO, and carries us like TD did in 2003. So vaughn wont be as much as a liability as it appears in the regular season. :flag:

Kori Ellis
04-05-2009, 09:38 PM

Because he doesn't trust rookie point guards and the Mason experiment failed.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-05-2009, 09:41 PM
In regards to Vaughn, Pop has said in a recent interview that Vaughn affords the team some steadiness which he feels is what they need right now.

LionZion
04-05-2009, 09:49 PM
Problem is Tim's knees derailed the offense plan. Its sucks to see him struggle against everybody, but its what it is. Also Manu is gonna have to hit his stride and hit it consistently(which is asking a lot at this point) for any offense as we saw tonight. Plus Pop screwed with Mace's and Bonner's and whoever else's minds and now they are all out of it.
So the plan has gone to hell. Ugh. Pretty sure he WILL use Bruce in playoffs for some stretches. But having to watch the JV(i like the guy as a knowledgeable person) in the playoffs is gonna need twice the amount of drinks.
Can't envy Pop this season....he couldn't have predicted a re-injury to Manu or Timmeh's knees going Kaput.

dogzofwar
04-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Unfortunately Mike Taylor is right....when the pillar of the team is weak, the whole team will crumble down. I feel so bad for Timmy. Once I saw the knee pads go on I knew it was going to be a rough road the rest of the year. It pains me to watch him hobble out on the court like he does. I would rather Tim not play another game this year then to see him play with that much pain in vain.

Personally I think this cements the argument of who's team this is. Parker is great but he can only go as far as Tim can. Tim is the life force of this team and he is down and I think the whole team is reacting to it.

jcrod
04-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Agreed.

This all goes back to the Lakers series. After the Spurs lost, Pop said that their problem last year was offense. This year, everything he's done is to maximize the offensive potential of this team.

Pop's philosophy has changed from "we'll win with our defense" to "as long as our defense is solid, we'll win if we hit our shots". That's the reality of the situation and everything points to it.

One example is to look at Bonner starting. Any former Pop coached team would never start someone like Bonner. Bonner is starting for his offense. Look at Kurt Thomas for another example. He's played great defense but that hasn't resulted in extended minutes. In any year in the past, Thomas' play would have him playing 25+ minutes per game. This year, he has barely gotten off the pine at times.

The signing of Gooden is yet another example. Gooden can score but he's always been a horrible defender. Pop knew that when they signed him. But he fits into the change of philosophy.

Even freakin' Vaughn is on the court for offensive reasons. Pop said he's playing Vaughn so that he can call more plays on the offensive ends.

I think Pop looked at last season and determined that the Spurs just couldn't win with the offensive droughts that plagued the team. I think he also recognized (correctly or incorrectly?) that the competition has changed to the point that great defense won't be good enough.

Pop sees the Lakers and sees an offensive juggernaut that isn't going to be stopped by the Spurs playing top level defense. So instead of trying to beat them 90-85, he's putting a lineup that he hopes can beat them 100-95. In the East, I just think Pop doesn't think the Spurs have the personnel to out-defense teams like the Celtics or Cavs.

A tiny part of me sees where Pop is coming from and sees the method behind the madness. But the rest of me thinks that Pop gave up on his own winning method too early. I would have loved to see another year built on defense because I think the addition of Thomas for the whole season and Mason and Hill adding different dimensions that the Spurs would have had a pretty darn good chance.

The bottomline is I don't think Pop has given up on Bowen. After much contemplation and re-reading Pop's quotes going back to last year, I truly think he just has changed his philosophy. Perhaps part of the philosophical change is due to the inevitable fact that Bowen was going to eventually fall off anyways so he might as well get a jump on how the Spurs will have to play without him, but Bowen was powerless this season to keep his claim to his minutes.

This is just a new era of Spurs Basketball, ladies and gentlemen. Hopefully Pop knows what he's doing.

Sadly this time i don't believe it and i don't believe the players do. They look defeated and Manu saying they don't encourage each other on the bench like they use to if further discouraging.

SA210
04-05-2009, 10:30 PM

This was pointed out to me by someone at the news.

"Bowen only played half the minutes Pierce did so who guarded him the other half? And maybe Pierce had an off night? Either way the Spurs still lost and when Bowen was on the court they were -8 points."

I still believe Bruce should be starting.

Destro
04-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Ever since the Spurs have been winning Pop has controlled the relationship with the media. The Spurs knew the media needed the story since the fans wanted to know about the winning Spurs. Pop has played that relationship to the point that the SA media will not be critical of the Spurs or else (i'm not sure the threat, no interviews, locked out of scoops???)

Once the Spurs stop being big winners and the fan bandwagon drops off a bit then the SPurs will be begging for media coverage again and the media will be allowed to be critical again. SA media is spineless towards the spurs and especially towards questioning POP or the front office. It took until this year before they really criticzed the Scola trade

xtremesteven33
04-05-2009, 11:05 PM
David Chancellor just said on NEWS4WOAI that he has been getting lots of Email/Phone calls from Spurs fans that Pop needs to start Bowen.....

If its the work of SpursTalk....Good job guys :tu

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Because he doesn't trust rookie point guards and the Mason experiment failed.

I've come up with the phrase "Benophobia" which I think perfectly fits the Hill situation, but no-one has noticed.

Come on people, feel the Benophobia! :lmao

SA210
04-05-2009, 11:13 PM
David Chancellor just said on NEWS4WOAI that he has been getting lots of Email/Phone calls from Spurs fans that Pop needs to start Bowen.....

Yes, keep it up guys. :flag:

Spursmania
04-05-2009, 11:16 PM

Cool-:flag:

jason1301
04-05-2009, 11:20 PM
Who's going to help?

KENS5 (210)-366-5001

KSAT12 (210) 351-1269

FOX29 (210)442-NEWS

chill pout man, its just a sport.

take a long walk, have some wine, spent time with your family.

:p:

Libri
04-05-2009, 11:22 PM

I sense a popular uprising.

SA210
04-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Keep up the pressure.

crc21209
04-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Hell yeah! Start Bruce damn it.

SA210
04-06-2009, 02:16 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71220

SA210
04-06-2009, 09:11 AM
bump

BonnerDynasty
04-06-2009, 09:26 AM
Don Harris, you are a pussy.

SA210
04-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Ever since the Spurs have been winning Pop has controlled the relationship with the media. The Spurs knew the media needed the story since the fans wanted to know about the winning Spurs. Pop has played that relationship to the point that the SA media will not be critical of the Spurs or else (i'm not sure the threat, no interviews, locked out of scoops???)

Once the Spurs stop being big winners and the fan bandwagon drops off a bit then the SPurs will be begging for media coverage again and the media will be allowed to be critical again. SA media is spineless towards the spurs and especially towards questioning POP or the front office. It took until this year before they really criticzed the Scola trade

:bang

guzmangm
04-06-2009, 01:31 PM
I've come up with the phrase "Benophobia" which I think perfectly fits the Hill situation, but no-one has noticed.

Come on people, feel the Benophobia! :lmao

This is exactly what i think. Not everybody is Beno... Would cough up the ball on a trap like he did against the Pistons twice. What sucks is finally they seem to have someone capable of playing backup pg and Pop still doesn't use him... This and Bowen not playing anymore gets me. I really haven't noticed any slowing down by him. It's not like the guy ever gets injured. If he's so slow and gets beat than that's where the help defense comes in the middle. Plus he usually makes his corner three, so he does provide a legit threat on offense that teams seem to forget.

guzmangm
04-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Someone explain to me how Horry who definately lost a step last year was able to play because he provide maybe a good defensive heads up play last year (shooting was there either), but Bowen is somehow incapable of it...

SA210
04-06-2009, 01:51 PM
Someone explain to me how Horry who definately lost a step last year was able to play because he provide maybe a good defensive heads up play last year (shooting was there either), but Bowen is somehow incapable of it...

Exactly

SA210
04-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Maybe it deserves it's own thread, but the new Spurs RoundTable is out. It claims to call out spurstalk.com posts on the Bruce Bowen situation. I'm posting it now, but haven't watched it yet.

http://www.woai.com/content/podcasts/rt/story/RoundTable-Can-the-Spurs-flip-the-switch/2YnRCyTvLkq_K1HiXKds-Q.cspx

Over the past few games the Spurs have looked weak, but at their core they are champions. Can they flip the switch and revert back to their dominating ways? Our panel offers their opinions as to what is wrong, and what can be fixed. Our panel also calls out some of the posts on SpursTalk.com because of the call to fire Spurs coach Gregg Popovich over the use of Bruce Bowen. Our panel tackles the question of the best Spur of all time. Is it David Robinson or Tim Duncan? Then our panel turns to the question of Roy Williams and the Cowboys. Do they have what they need at the receiving positions? Click here to watch… (http://www.woai.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=677973)

SA210
04-06-2009, 02:26 PM
After watching it now, it is just ridiculous the assumption that guy has that Bruce Bowen has lost 2 or 3 steps. They focused more on some people calling to fire Pop more than they did on the Bruce situation (I'd like to note, I WAS NOT one that called for Pop being fired, I said I want the old Pop) They must be referring to the Fire pop thread.

In fairness, Mike the producer talked to me about the Bruce situation, we talked for about an hour. That was really cool of him by the way. Although he did claim that Bruce is not able to contribute anything to the Spurs anymore at all and that He and Finley are exactly the same, defensively. :lol So when they claim that Mike won the arguement, I beg to differ.

guzmangm
04-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Your never too old for grabby hands and crafty, ahem, dirty, tricks... haha. Nobody shuts down Kobe, Lebron. Chris Paul never gets called for a foul when he pushes off the defender with his forearm as he drives to the basket. So if they are going by this, they are blind.

HarlemHeat37
04-06-2009, 02:50 PM
their logic is stupid LOL..

so let me get this straight..because Bowen can no longer guard the BEST players in the NBA at a consistent rate, he's no longer able to contribute to this team? so if he's not an elite defender anymore, he should just be benched?..

Amuseddaysleeper
04-06-2009, 02:53 PM
I think all this talk of Bowen's demise have been greatly exaggerated. Yeah, he maybe isn't early 2000's Bruce Bowen, but he's still one hell of a defender.

Plus even if Pop does decide to boost his minutes in the playoffs, I can't help but believe Bowen would be a little rusty with his shot and whatnot due to the lack of playing time during the regular season.

guzmangm
04-06-2009, 03:19 PM
And where the hell is Humberto? I know everybody here hates him but he is crafty and has the right sense. Is he still injured? Talk about getting Ginobili ready, throw him in there with his countryman at second string. I always thought those two played well off each other and were on the same page. Gooden first (rebounds/post option), Humberto/Thomas second depending on the need.

silverblackfan
04-06-2009, 03:33 PM
hes already said its coz vaughn knows the whole playbook so he can unleash the full spurs offensive repetoire with vaughn out there ..... of course.... only we realize its going to be 4 on 5, so pointless to have the "whole" playbook, when one of your players is basically non-existant. :(

I just assumed he wanted Vaughn on the floor to call all the plays he want to run with Gooden on the floor. Trying to teach him plays by having the veteran set them up correctly. Hill just doesn't have the knowledge yet to run these 'training sessions' during a game with reliability. Hopefully, we will start to see some Hill as backup PG before the season ends.
The Mason experiment might also be a way to get Mason to understand the offense better from the PG perspective. That one still confuses me...

dbestpro
04-06-2009, 03:47 PM
Ditto.

I had been impressed with some your posts lately and then you post something flat like this. If you want things to change you have to get up off the couch and become an activist. The more active and passionate Spurs fans are the better regardless of the outcome. Call away!!!!

Pressure the media. Afterall, we are the customers of the media and the Spurs and all we are asking for is the same quality of product that we are use to and the customer service required to voice that opinion.

hater
04-06-2009, 03:50 PM
And where the hell is Humberto? I know everybody here hates him but he is crafty and has the right sense. Is he still injured? Talk about getting Ginobili ready, throw him in there with his countryman at second string. I always thought those two played well off each other and were on the same page. Gooden first (rebounds/post option), Humberto/Thomas second depending on the need.

who the fuck is humberto??? come on man, at least learn the player's names

Flux451
04-06-2009, 04:00 PM

Thats awesome. Let's us out of towners know of any of other updates. Someone is definitely spread the word to Spurs staff eventually.

They may just laugh it off, but you never know.

thanks

Nathan Explosion
04-06-2009, 04:03 PM
Pressuring the media won't do a damn thing. Trying to pressure Pop won't do anything either. Fact of the matter is, while we're all entitled to our opinion and we don't have to like what's going on, we have to trust Pop. We don't have an option.

None of us are going to coach this team anytime soon. We're not Whoopi Goldberg in that stupid movie.

guzmangm
04-06-2009, 06:25 PM
who the fuck is humberto??? come on man, at least learn the player's names

I know what his name is - Fabricio Oberto... I was using Sir Charles nickname for him, ala TNT NBA Basketball show on Thursday nights...

lefty
04-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Thats awesome. Let's us out of towners know of any of other updates. Someone is definitely spread the word to Spurs staff eventually.

They may just laugh it off, but you never know.

thanks

Well, I guess it's pointless now ........:depressed

SA210
04-07-2009, 02:12 PM
I still believe we NEED to start BRUCE BOWEN. Mason is offense with the other big 2. Finley can bring us his offense off the bench.

DEFENSE is what we need. Mason has to become part of the Big Three, temporarily. Start Bruce, and let's play some damn Defense! That's Spurs basketball.

SA210
04-07-2009, 08:11 PM
It is obvious that Bruce should be starting! let's do this!

Go Spurs!

SA210
04-07-2009, 09:20 PM
That Defense that Bruce played in this game sent a vibe thru this team and set a tone and calmed down the other team. Bruce needs to start!

SA210
04-08-2009, 01:05 PM
Bump

Horn Tooter
04-08-2009, 01:18 PM

Looks like I will be busy all day in this topic.

Laker Lanny
04-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Mike Taylor is right....when the pillar of the team is weak, the whole team will crumble down.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_fWLtJmEhLG0/SWy4IyP3_yI/AAAAAAAADVs/uUcTL59byyc/s400/captain+obvious.jpg

SA210
04-21-2009, 01:02 AM

:flag:

SA210
04-21-2009, 01:11 AM
If I could give you a cookie I would.

I say make sure the calls keep comin'

:flag::lobt:

SA210
09-11-2012, 11:39 PM
BUMP

Fast forward a few years...Damn reading some of this crap Pop was doing back then...Jesus.

It was the end to Spurs defense and many of us didn't want to believe that Pop was changing to Offense over Defense as we knew it.

Well..... I tried Bruce :lol

:depressed

ChumpDumper
09-11-2012, 11:46 PM
Hilarious.

Blake
09-12-2012, 12:15 AM

Juggity
09-12-2012, 01:08 AM
Offense-first play is the best shot this team has now. No use complaining about it.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-12-2012, 01:32 AM
Wow you sure were right about Bruce not being done....

Fabbs
09-12-2012, 02:11 AM
FinleyPop, Dick and Bonbon have been so much better....
lay back/bend over and continue to enjoy it.

FromWayDowntown
09-12-2012, 07:46 AM
If the Spurs signed Bruce Bowen right now (in 2012, not in 2009), there's a portion of this board that would genuinely believe that the Spurs' title hopes immediately increased.

Drom John
09-12-2012, 08:42 AM
I'd have preferred Bowen to the Udoka signing.
Imagine Bruce coaching Leonard and Green.
Yes, our title hopes would have immediately increased.
I want some nasty.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-12-2012, 10:48 AM
lay back/bend over and continue to enjoy it.

Please don't project your fantasies onto me.