PDA

View Full Version : Pop needs to speak with Tim,Tony, and Manu about the rotations

iilluzioN
04-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Pop really needs to stop with this experiment shit and have a meeting with the big 3...
Pop should listen to what Timmy has to say and do what they want. Im sure them 3 wont have freaking JV and Udoka in the 4th. Sorry to make lame thread about this... I just need to get this off my back.

:bang

alchemist
04-05-2009, 02:09 PM
he needs to speak to them about them being pussies and start attacking the basket.

DAF86
04-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Pop really needs to stop with this experiment shit and have a meeting with the big 3...
Pop should listen to what Timmy has to say and do what they want. Im sure them 3 wont have freaking JV and Udoka in the 4th. Sorry to make lame thread about this... I just need to get this off my back.

Just what I was thinking.

lefty
04-05-2009, 02:11 PM
GHow about Tim, Manu and Tim talking to Pop about the rotations?

Or Pop's assistants challenging him?

Or Holt cutting down some of Pop's wine $ ?

timtonymanu
04-05-2009, 02:11 PM
you could see it in TP's face that he's depressed about the situation.

lefty
04-05-2009, 02:12 PM
you could see it in TP's face that he's depressed about the situation.

I'm not surprised; he must be really frustrated

Someone needs to speak up

polandprzem
04-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Everybody on a team looks like thay already lost the season.

the worst thing that can happen .... :(

SpursFan0728
04-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Fuck Coach Bud need to speak up to Pop

ducks
04-05-2009, 02:54 PM
I think a team meeting without the coach is in order
tim better call it

iilluzioN
04-05-2009, 03:41 PM
I wonder what they are talking about in the Locker Room

Taking it to the Hole
04-05-2009, 03:54 PM
he needs to speak to them about them being pussies and start attacking the basket.

+1:toast

spursfan1000
04-05-2009, 04:03 PM
He dosent really need to talk to the big 3, he needs to have a meeting with the assistants. I'm sure we would be doing alot better if POP wasnt so good on vets such as Jack Vaughn, George Hill could of done better. Vaughn is just a cancer. Get a rotation and keep it, thats my advice.

iilluzioN
04-05-2009, 04:10 PM
We should of let JV go and kept POPs!

I would Love to see POPs guard LBJ

HarlemHeat37
04-05-2009, 04:33 PM
it's honestly really annoying me..we HAVE the talent, which is the fucked up part..

a rotation of..

PG Parker
SG Mason
SF Bowen
PF Duncan
C Thomas

Manu, Gooden, Finley, Hill, Bonner..

that's a SOLID rotation..does anybody disagree with this?..

we have the roster to play different types of situations..when we need D, we can stick in Bowen, Thomas, or Hill next to parts of the big 3, depending on who needs to be covered..when we need offense, we can put in Gooden, Mason, Finley, Bonner with parts of the big 3..

does it really need to be this complicated?..

Pop is obviously a better coach than I would be..than anybody would be actually..but is it really that difficult to figure this out?..

Manufan909
04-05-2009, 04:34 PM
I wonder what they are talking about in the Locker Room

I wonder if anyones connected the dots on JV, Ime, and Fin playing way too much. And how Hill did so well as a starter and on the bench at PG earlier in the season. If Manu continues to start, I'd love for Pop to have enough faith to have him be the man in the 2nd unit, with Fin, Mason, and KT to feed. I didn't mention Gooden, cuz he can feed himself very well.

And I'm curious as to what timvp thinks of Goodens offense as a Spur. Is he just on a high, or is playing against lesser defenders while on the 2nd unit, as well as being on a team with Duncan the reason? I really hope it's the latter. And I love how his stats with us are .507 FG, .826 FTs, 3.9 rebounds, and 7.4pts, all in 13 minutes, and that's before the game today is averaged in, which will bring everything up(including TOs) but blocks.
:flag:

HarlemHeat37
04-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Gooden has always been good offensively..he's been bad defensively his entire career, but was still able to start for the teams he's been in, even a East-winning Cavs team that was built on D..

I'd go as far as saying that Gooden's D is currently the best it's ever been in his NBA career in the past few weeks..

this is the annoying part..Gooden has been a SOLID addition so far..he gives us a solid offensive big, and the ONLY guy outside of the big 3 that can create his own shot at a good level..who would have thought that the rest of the rotation would be the problem?..

Manufan909
04-05-2009, 05:05 PM
Who would've thought Pop would go back on saying Hill was the backup PG to stay earlier in the season, and then going back on his word and letting JV and Mase shit all over the Spurs offense whenever they ran it.

crc21209
04-05-2009, 05:23 PM
it's honestly really annoying me..we HAVE the talent, which is the fucked up part..

a rotation of..

PG Parker
SG Mason
SF Bowen
PF Duncan
C Thomas

we have the roster to play different types of situations..when we need D, we can stick in Bowen, Thomas, or Hill next to parts of the big 3, depending on who needs to be covered..when we need offense, we can put in Gooden, Mason, Finley, Bonner with parts of the big 3..

Pop is obviously a better coach than I would be..than anybody would be actually..but is it really that difficult to figure this out?..

That is the EXACT rotation I have in my head, and it just sucks ass that Pop can not see it. Mason hasnt been as good off the bench so therefore he should start and bring Manu off the bench, Gooden and Thomas should be the 2 bigs off the bench, and Bonner get spot mins. Vaughn and Udoka should combine for ZERO minutes every game.

Manufan909
04-05-2009, 05:42 PM
That is the EXACT rotation I have in my head, and it just sucks ass that Pop can not see it. Mason hasnt been as good off the bench so therefore he should start and bring Manu off the bench, Gooden and Thomas should be the 2 bigs off the bench, and Bonner get spot mins. Vaughn and Udoka should combine for ZERO minutes every game.

Idk, I like Manu in the starting lineup, so Hill can be the man on the second unit, I hope he doesn't try and defer to Mason like he has with Manu. And I think Bonner should start against teams that don't have a low-post scorer. So if the Spurs make it all the way, and face NO, then Denver, then if LAL, then Cavs, I'd only want Bonner to start in the Finals, unless Gooden and Timmy have people thinking they have a mindlink, a la Jean/Scott(1000 nerd points to those who get the reference). I'd be happy if Bonner got the fewest minutes outside of Fab in the POs, but still shoot and hit the way he has over the season.

Manufan909
04-05-2009, 05:43 PM
And what was Goodens FG% with Duncan on, compared to Duncan on the bench? Any stat geniuses know?

timaios
04-05-2009, 07:11 PM

a rotation of..

PG Parker
SG Mason
SF Bowen
PF Duncan
C Thomas

I think everybody but Pop is agree that rotation is the best !
It is so obvious... it's not even funny.
Pop has lost his mind and nobody dares to challenge him, nobody says a word.
Where are the assistant coaches ?

Give me one coach in the entire league that starts Finley against Lebron.
After the massacre of Finley vs Durant, Finley vs Granger, now that ???
Really ? It's beyond ridiculous !!!

And Vaughn... I mean, come on ! COME ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WAKE UP Pop. WAKE THE FUCK UP ! NOW !

I am so mad at him. Damn...
I want that :pimpslap with Pop in place of the yellow one, please.

Spursmania
04-05-2009, 07:35 PM

+1

I've stated in other threads that Duncan needs to have a meeting with Pop and set this shit straight. The big 3 telling Pop what they think, even better.