PDA

View Full Version : Duncan's out of gas (for the season)

DMX7
04-05-2009, 02:18 PM
To me, it looks like Tim Duncan is out of gas for the season. He had to carry too much of the weight early on in the season with Ginobili out. Those knees look bad too.

duncan228
04-05-2009, 02:19 PM
I think he's more hurt more than out of gas.

Josepatches_
He's hurt.And we are hurt with him.Season seem to be over

smrattler
I don't think it's gas.

I think it's knees.

If this was as healthy as he was gonna be for the playoffs, we should have started tanking about a month ago.

DPG21920
It is painful and sad to watch Duncan right now. He is still hurting. He is a shell of his former self. Spurs can go no where with Tim looking like this. It is like watching a punch-drunk boxer getting whaled on. Hopefully he can recover.

rayray2k8
04-05-2009, 02:20 PM
His knees are hurting, dumbass...
Or have you not been paying attention this season?

new_N_town
04-05-2009, 02:20 PM
all aboard the celtics bandwagon train!!!!!

Spursmania
04-05-2009, 02:21 PM
We're done. I'll root for my Spurs no matter what. But, we're done. Cooked and well done. It's hard to see Timmy be so ineffective-feel bad for the guy. Wish I could lend him some good knees for the playoffs.:depressed

tlongII
04-05-2009, 02:22 PM
He's hurt because he played too much early in the season. I said as much at the time. The Spurs are no longer an "elite" team.

DMX7
04-05-2009, 02:25 PM
His knees are hurting, dumbass...
Or have you not been paying attention this season?

or did you not read the entire post, dumbass?

Jace
04-05-2009, 02:28 PM
34.1 MPG avg for 08-09 is not playing too much. He just has shitty knees and is old.

Pretty much.. The guy was never a tremendous athlete to begin with and as time goes on and he loses that little athleticism he had.. I love Duncan but I really see him falling off as a star, the fact he the Spurs have left him without any help in the paint for years doesn't help much.

HarlemHeat37
04-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Duncan's athleticism has nothing to do with this..I'm wondering..did every Spurs fan here miss the 1st half of the season?..

it's his knees, simple as that..he can't move, he has no confidence, he's cautious with his knees, he's tired..

he was carrying us in the 1st half of the season..his age has nothing to do with it..

Mal
04-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Pop - talk to Tim. If he is hurt - give him a rest.
If he simply sucks - buy fishing boat.

Horse
04-05-2009, 02:42 PM
He is hurting but the guy is among only a few players averaging 20 and 10, Yes I know he dropped to like 19.7 or something but you know what I mean. To me it's the team not knowing there identity that is the problem. Pop needs to just make up his mind shorten the bench and stick with it. Hurt or not we win going inside out and our team needs to realize that.

bigdog
04-05-2009, 02:44 PM
He's obviously hurting. Even with that, I'm not giving up on the team.

crc21209
04-05-2009, 02:45 PM
TD was hurting big time in 2005 with 2 bum ankles and went down once more in the 2nd round against Seattle and they still pulled the shit out. I will never give up on this team.

Obstructed_View
04-05-2009, 02:45 PM
Funny how every time Duncan's injured, we have to hear about how old he is. He hasn't dominated with his athleticism since he dunked over Scot Pollard in 2000.

What exactly about today's game makes anyone think he's struggling? I only ask because I thought he was very effective in the first quarter and then wasn't really given any opportunities after that. If I didn't know better, I'd suspect that Pop only ran the team at full speed in the first quarter to make sure he knew they could compete.

ducks
04-05-2009, 02:46 PM
td hates early games

Chomag
04-05-2009, 02:47 PM
I'll cheer on our Spurs untill the end, and even after. I have admit though that I'm not expecting much from this team anymore.

Jace
04-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Duncan's athleticism has nothing to do with this..I'm wondering..did every Spurs fan here miss the 1st half of the season?..

it's his knees, simple as that..he can't move, he has no confidence, he's cautious with his knees, he's tired..

he was carrying us in the 1st half of the season..his age has nothing to do with it..

His age has everything to do with it, if he was 6 years younger his knees wouldn't be a concern and he would be capable of carrying a team the whole year

jag
04-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Funny how every time Duncan's injured, we have to hear about how old he is. He hasn't dominated with his athleticism since he dunked over Scot Pollard in 2000.

What exactly about today's game makes anyone think he's struggling? I only ask because I thought he was very effective in the first quarter and then wasn't really given any opportunities after that. If I didn't know better, I'd suspect that Pop only ran the team at full speed in the first quarter to make sure he knew they could compete.

Why would Pop be ok with losing HCA for the PO?

Obstructed_View
04-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Why would Pop be ok with losing HCA for the PO?

Exactly. I said "if I didn't know better", which means I know better. Pop's just stupid. He thinks he can coach so he trots small lineups out there with Manu covering Lebron James and Vaughn at shooting guard.

What the hell does HCA matter if you know you can hang with Cleveland in their own building?

spurtech09
04-05-2009, 03:18 PM
season ain't over?????were still headed to the play-offs........I still believe the spurs will be ok

TDomination
04-05-2009, 03:20 PM
If by out of gas you mean his knees are killing him, then i agree.

peskypesky
04-05-2009, 03:22 PM
To me, it looks like Tim Duncan is out of gas for the season. He had to carry too much of the weight early on in the season with Ginobili out. Those knees look bad too.

Hmm...last three games he averaged 21 pts and 13 boards...that sounds like finished to you?

Obstructed_View
04-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Hmm...last three games he averaged 21 pts and 13 boards...that sounds like finished to you?

That's the part I don't understand. How many times did he touch the ball after the first quarter? If they don't give him the ball, I'm a) not sure how it's his fault and b) not sure how it's an indication of anything other than the stupidity of the coaches and his teammates.

Taking it to the Hole
04-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Pretty much.. The guy was never a tremendous athlete to begin with and as time goes on and he loses that little athleticism he had.. I love Duncan but I really see him falling off as a star, the fact he the Spurs have left him without any help in the paint for years doesn't help much.

That is perhaps the biggest reason the Spurs won't win a championship, because CIA Pop and Buford never sacked up to get him some help in the paint! All the load shifted to Tim after Dave left to be the offensive anchor and the defensive anchor for our team and we just wore him down and never gave him a break. I blame Tim's aching knees on the shoulders of Pop and Buford. They never tried to get Tim the help he deserved in the paint. :bang

Obstructed_View
04-05-2009, 06:35 PM
They never tried to get Tim the help he deserved in the paint. :bang

Rasho Nesterovic
Kevin Willis
Sean Marks
Nazr Mohammed
Fabricio Oberto
Damir Markota
Matt Bonner
Melvin Ely
Ian Mahinmi
Jackie Butler
Francisco Elson
Tiago Splitter
Kurt Thomas
Anthony Tolliver
Austin Croshere
Pops Mensah Bonsu
Drew Gooden
James Gist

Damn those bastards for never trying to get him help.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Tim is a ghost right now. He's been beaten down by the knee pain, poor guy. We only go as far as Tim is healthy, and right now that's a 6-game out in the first round.

I'm just hoping that the knees are something that a 4-month offseason will help, although I understand that it's a degenerative condition, which bodes ill for Tim's future. Is there any treatment for tendonosis?

peskypesky
04-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Tim is a ghost right now.

You didn't see my post about his last 3 games? Sure, he had a bad game today. But you're basing a lot on one game.

ploto
04-05-2009, 06:59 PM
I know, I know... but for Tim's sake, the Spurs needed another big to play defense and should have held onto Rasho. He did the best job of taking that load from TD.

HarlemHeat37
04-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Horry was better..

it's interesting though..I was reading old threads a couple of weeks ago, and the SAME exact threads were made in 2006.."Duncan is done", "Duncan should retire"..along those lines..

superbigtime
04-05-2009, 07:09 PM
I don't think he's out of gas for the season. I can't see him getting only six points against OKC. Lord I hope not.

France B-boy
04-15-2009, 10:50 PM
He's hurt.And we are hurt with him.Season seem to be over

No faith? :bang

Jesus is my friend!
04-15-2009, 10:58 PM
We're done. :depressed

Way to hang in there! :tu