PDA

View Full Version : Remember 2007

lefty
04-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Cavs swept us in the reg season

But we swept them in the Finals

This is a sign.
A little like losing game 1 @ home vs the Nuggets in the 1st round

Aaah wait, I forgot; Pop was not senile yet.

Scratch that:bang

Nathan Explosion
04-05-2009, 02:22 PM
I was thinking the same thing but for a different reason. I remember in 2007 when Pop made his speech about not changing the team and failing to get rid of Barry, I thought to myself that the Spurs were done for the season.

They go on to win in the playoffs with a relatively easy Finals. What that season thought me was this, that when the season looks at its darkest, don't give up hope. The team may surprise you when you least expect it.

Things are very bleak now, but I'm not giving up hope.

lefty
04-05-2009, 02:24 PM
I was thinking the same thing but for a different reason. I remember in 2007 when Pop made his speech about not changing the team and failing to get rid of Barry, I thought to myself that the Spurs were done for the season.

They go on to win in the playoffs with a relatively easy Finals. What that season thought me was this, that when the season looks at its darkest, don't give up hope. The team may surprise you when you least expect it.

Things are very bleak now, but I'm not giving up hope.

I like your enthusiasm

Deep down, I'm convinced Pop is going CIA hardcore.

At the same time, we can lose HCA, which is not good, so it's time to stop messing around with the rotations

Thomas82
04-05-2009, 02:25 PM
I'll be cautiously optomistic myself. Right now, everything is set up for us to come up short this year. The only 2 reasons I'm not giving up hope are:

1. You don't ever count the Spurs out
2. The 94-95 Rockets (won the title as a #6 seed, which is the lowest ever)

lefty
04-05-2009, 02:26 PM
I'll be cautiously optomistic myself. Right now, everything is set up for us to come up short this year. The only 2 reasons I'm not giving up hope are:

1. You don't ever count the Spurs out
2. The 94-95 Rockets (won the title as a #6 seed, which is the lowest ever)

Olajuwon was healthy

Duncan is not looking good right now

redzero
04-05-2009, 02:26 PM
The Spurs aren't going to the Finals, so that's a moot point.

lefty
04-05-2009, 02:27 PM
The Spurs aren't going to the Finals, so that's a moot point.

You think the Hornets are ? :lmao

timtonymanu
04-05-2009, 02:34 PM
then again our big 3 was healthy in 07 coming into the playoffs.

The Spurs are gonna have a harder time this year than 07. In 07, they had a billup-less nuggets who sucked ass. The Jazz had no playoff experience. The Cavs had no finals experience. The hardest series was against the Suns.

I'm really not optimistic about our chances this year and it's sad cause this roster is good to win. I just dont think Pop wants them to. I still have a little hope that we'll see a different Spurs team come playoff time.

redzero
04-05-2009, 02:34 PM
You think the Hornets are ? :lmao

No, which doesn't change the fact that the Spurs can't beat the Lakers.

baseline bum
04-05-2009, 02:35 PM
With the way Tim looks, this season makes me remember 2000.

TheSpursFNRule
I think we as a forum need to accept the Spurs are garbage this year. What the fuck is up with them?

lefty
With the way Tim looks, this season makes me remember 2000.

:depressed

Man, I'm sure we would have repeated that year :depressed

redzero
04-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Most of the contenders in the West are worse this year. Only the Thuggets and the Lakers are better.

crc21209
04-05-2009, 02:37 PM
I like your enthusiasm

Deep down, I'm convinced Pop is going CIA hardcore.

At the same time, we can lose HCA, which is not good, so it's time to stop messing around with the rotations

I've been convinced Pop is doing his ultimate CIA job this year. Not using Bowen most of the Season tells it all...he could give a shit about the regular season. It's about April-June for him now. Nothing else matters. Manu rarely ever just plays 23 mins and shoots 2-9 and 0-6 from 3. TD played like crap too. This team, when it REALLY MATTERS, will not go down without a fight. Manu has the fight in him of a lion, Bruce, TD, and TP will not just go down without a fight either. Believe god damn it. It's not April 18th yet. :flag: :lobt2:

04-05-2009, 02:39 PM
there was momentum coming into the playoffs in 2007. spurs had a 13 win streak then two more 6 game win streaks before popovich rested the big 3 for the final two games. nothing but demoralizing losses this time.

lefty
04-05-2009, 02:41 PM
there was momentum coming into the playoffs in 2007. spurs had a 13 win streak then two more 6 game win streaks before popovich rested the big 3 for the final two games. nothing but demoralizing losses this time.

I agree with you on the importance of momentum.

But hey, maybe the Spurs will be pissed off in the playoffs

EricB
04-05-2009, 02:42 PM
was 2007 not the year where They got blown out by Dallas on national TV near the end of the year and you geniuses wanted everyone fired and the team dead that year too?

Just curious...

Nathan Explosion
04-05-2009, 02:44 PM
Pop will probably rest Duncan playing him no more than 25 minutes a game from here on out. I think Gooden's output is more than enough to offset that, while getting him acclimated to the Spurs system faster.

Gino's finding his rythmn and Mason is in a slump. This team is not done.

04-05-2009, 02:45 PM
was 2007 not the year where They got blown out by Dallas on national TV near the end of the year and you geniuses wanted everyone fired and the team dead that year too?

Just curious...

spurs lost by five points...

EricB
04-05-2009, 02:45 PM
Pop will probably rest Duncan playing him no more than 25 minutes a game from here on out. I think Gooden's output is more than enough to offset that, while getting him acclimated to the Spurs system faster.

Gino's finding his rythmn and Mason is in a slump. This team is not done.

Shut your mouth with that positivity, don't you know a real fan is supposed to be pissed off and wearing a fire pop shirt right now?

EricB
04-05-2009, 02:46 PM
spurs lost by five points...

Whatever it was, same circumstances.

But go ahead and piss and moan and act like that does any good.

Thomas82
04-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Olajuwon was healthy

Duncan is not looking good right now

Olajuwon had his share of injuries that he was dealing with that year and the rest of that team wasn't exactly 100% either, and that was an older team as well.

Spork KIller
04-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Cavs swept us in the reg season

But we swept them in the Finals

This is a sign.
A little like losing game 1 @ home vs the Nuggets in the 1st round

Aaah wait, I forgot; Pop was not senile yet.

Scratch that:bang

Keep telling that to yourself loser We are in 2009

This is no 2007

spurtech09
04-05-2009, 03:34 PM
anything could happen....come spurs I know you have one more championship in ya.....mmm maybe 2 more title runs :)tBelievet