PDA

View Full Version : Just another rant thread

Whisky Dog
04-05-2009, 02:22 PM
I don't start many threads, but I just have to put this one up today. I had held out a bit of hope that Pop was just toying with things until the last few games of the season before going to what works, and what has worked in the past.

Then today comes. Pop starts off the game with Finley on Lebron allowing him to hit double digits in scoring before half of the 1st is gone. Starting Finley on Lebron is basically Pop's way of handing Lebron a lit match to go ahead and light himself on fire.

Then bad goes to worse. I look up and Jack Vaughn is in the lineup. Then Ime Udoka. No Bruce Bowen in the 1st half. No George Hill. It's just inexplicable.

I understand Duncan is not himself with his knee tendonosis and Manu has missed so much time so there is not much of a chance of this team making the finals and winning a championship, but Pop's mindless rotation and blunders are inexcusable. He's playing around like this team is head and shoulders above everybody else and can afford to fool around. The fact is the margin for error for this team to succeed is extremely slim, but with these mistakes and rotation issues the chance at a title is zero.

I will still watch my team, watch the rest of the regular season and watch the playoffs. I will watch them try their best to succeed but come up short against younger and superior competition. I just wish I could watch them giving it their best shot with the pieces they have instead of watching the Jack and Ime show go down in flames.

:flag::flag::flag::bang