PDA

View Full Version : I love Tim

DPG21920
04-05-2009, 02:29 PM
He is no coward. He sticks around and never runs off the court when things are going wrong. He keeps his cool, he is stoic. He talks to all of his teammates when you know he wants to go ballistic.

He congratulates the other team, even when they embarrass his team. Hopefully this team has hit completely rock bottom. Hopefully this is as low as this team can sink.

I hope the worse is over, but I know Tim will be there by his team's side win or lose.

lefty
04-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Duncan228, is that you?

resistanze
04-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Damn, I almost cried watching my favourite player of all-time limp around like a geriatric.

Unfortunately, I can't see the Spurs doing serious damage in the post-season with Duncan hurt and the rest of the team not gelling at all.

Thomas82
04-05-2009, 02:32 PM
he is no coward. He sticks around and never runs off the court when things are going wrong. He keeps his cool, he is stoic. He talks to all of his teammates when you know he wants to go ballistic.

He congratulates the other team, even when they embarrass his team. Hopefully this team has hit completely rock bottom. Hopefully this is as low as this team can sink.

I hope the worse is over, but i know tim will be there by his team's side win or lose.

+1

duncan228
04-05-2009, 02:47 PM
There's never been a player quite like Duncan.

He's the Captain of this team, he'll lead by example, win or lose. When they win he always credits his teammates, always gives credit to his opponent. He always deflects the attention off himself. When they lose he's the first to shoulder the blame.

It's been wonderful watching him through his incredible career. I have nothing but pride in being his fan. He's never given less than his best. With all the egos that play this game it's been a joy watching how he conducts himself.

alchemist
04-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Duncan is the man :toast
Today not so much :bang

But we live to fight another day so Timmy get your knees ready to dominate the playoffs by dropping 40/20 every game :ihit :flag: :lobt2:

peskypesky
04-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Tim still has the fire and the smarts and the skills. But the knees are shot for now. We're going to need a lot from Gooden and Manu if we're going anywhere in the playoffs.

Oh, Gee!!
04-05-2009, 02:56 PM
remember watching Kevin McHale crawl up and down the court? Is that what we're witnessing here--the beginning of the end?

duncan228
04-05-2009, 03:00 PM
remember watching Kevin McHale crawl up and down the court? Is that what we're witnessing here--the beginning of the end?

Yeah, and Bird laying down on the sidelines to rest his aching back.

If it is the beginning of the end I have nothing but thanks for Duncan.

honestfool84
04-05-2009, 03:03 PM

Yeah, and Bird laying down on the sidelines to rest his aching back.

If it is the beginning of the end I have nothing but thanks for Duncan.

no, no, no.
duncan will get better this summer, and he'll play five more seasons!

duncan228
04-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Duncan retires in 2012, no matter what happens between now and then. He won't play beyond this contract.

I hope I'm wrong, but that was my gut before the tendonosis. Even if it feels better over the summer it will come back when he starts playing again. It's degenerative, it's not going to go away permanently.

alchemist
04-05-2009, 03:09 PM
well if he does retire in 2012 I really wouldn't be surprised, he's hinted in interviews that his mileage is catching up to him.

td4mvp21
04-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Duncan retires in 2012, no matter what happens between now and then. He won't play beyond this contract.

I hope I'm wrong, but that was my gut before the tendonosis. Even if it feels better over the summer it will come back when he starts playing again. It's degenerative, it's not going to go away permanently.

:depressed

EricB
04-05-2009, 03:13 PM
Some of you guys are going a little bit overboard on the depression here.

peskypesky
04-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Some of you guys are going a little bit overboard on the depression here.

i agree. the cavs lost two straight before today. even great teams drop some. we're not looking like favorites, but with smart coaching and luck we're still contenders.

EricB
04-05-2009, 03:17 PM
i agree. the cavs lost two straight before today. even great teams drop some. we're not looking like favorites, but with smart coaching and luck we're still contenders.

How about guys just playing like they normally do is all they need.

peskypesky
04-05-2009, 03:19 PM
How about guys just playing like they normally do is all they need.

that won't be enough.

spurtech09
04-05-2009, 03:24 PM
its not the end of the world....so duncan doesn't look hundred percent ....he will be back in fulll force and ready 2 go for yrs to come....