PDA

View Full Version : off-season moves thread..

HarlemHeat37
04-05-2009, 02:50 PM
so I thought this should be discussed now..

getting out of the 1st 2 rounds isn't impossible, because the rest of the West sucks..but we have absolutely no chance at beating the Lakers and winning a title, and obviously that's always the goal..

so let's talk about the re-tooling in the off-season..

obviously priority #1 will be to get Duncan healthy..he was playing dominant ball in the 1st half of the year..the key will be to get Tim enough help, so he doesn't have to put in too much effort in the regular season..he had to carry the team with the injuries, and that obviously had an effect..Tony Parker is the #1 option, but obviously the big man is more important to a team..

probably won't be here next year: Bruce Bowen, Jacque Vaughn, Fabricio Oberto..their contracts will be off the books for the most part..Ime Udoka is also an expiring, and I would hope he doesn't return, but you never know..

the PG position should be Parker/Hill..even with Pop losing confidence in Hill this season, I don't see it happening next year..the more he learns, the more opportunities he'll get..Pop just generally doesn't trust rookies..so this position is set for next year..

the SG position could be set for next year..historically, Spurs off-season acquisitions are better following their first years..so Mason should be good enough to start next year..he's in his physical prime, so that's a positive..

Manu Ginobili is going to be a valuable expiring contract, and could be viewed as a missing piece for a lot of teams..at this point, is he worth keeping as a Spur? this will be an interesting situation..I'm going to assume he'll be a Spur, and this position will be set..

the SF position is the biggest question mark..we need some youth at this position..Hairston got some experience this season, and showed a lot of promise..if he adds a consistent J to his game in the off-season, he should be a part of the rotation..

Michael Finley has a player option, and he's Pop's secret lover, so he will be here next year, and you can assume that he's going to get minutes, even if he doesn't deserve it..

Bruce Bowen will be gone, and I assume Udoka will be as well..

so do we get another SF in free agency? bring James Gist and groom him as the SF? acquire a SF through a trade for Manu?..

the PF position is also a huge question mark, assuming Duncan is the C..Bonner will probably be here, but he's not an ideal starter, and Pop obviously must realize that..

Kurt Thomas will still be here as well, and he would be a valuable big man off the bench..

so the key will be the starter..will we re-sign Gooden if he continues to play well? the rumors all year is that Rasheed Wallace would be interested in becoming a Spur, would that be the best option?..

the C position belongs to Duncan..but he'll need a good backup for his health..obviously we're hoping Mahinmi is that guy, and he'll have to earn it in the off-season..his health is obviously the issue..

so the keys of the off-season will be Manu Ginobili, our SF, and the 2nd big man with Duncan..

where do you guys think we'll go with this?..

ducks
04-05-2009, 02:53 PM
if spurs lose in round one
spurs may break it up
manu could be the bate

superbigtime
04-05-2009, 02:58 PM
this is just a little premature.

kace
04-05-2009, 03:01 PM
if you still have quited on them, dont' come here till the off-season.
IMO, this kind of thread is irrelevant right now.

objective
04-05-2009, 03:01 PM
There's nothing the Spurs can do this summer to become legit contenders again without a Pau-Gasol type swindle.

Here's what they will do:

Cut/trade/let go of Vaughn, Bowen, Oberto and Ian Mahnimi.

Either re-sign Gooden or sign Rasheed Wallace (changes nothing for their chances).

Draft some scrubs, possibly sign James Gist.

Next season will play out pretty much a cross between the Spurs this year and the Mavs this year, pretenders who aren't a lock to make the playoffs.

poop
04-05-2009, 03:03 PM
oooohh my god i cant get over that perfect ass.

poop
04-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Camby and Rasheed are TOO OLD, the LAST thing the spurs need are more mid-30's guys!!! thats been our problem for a long time now!

TheSpursFNRule
04-05-2009, 03:07 PM
this is just a little premature.

its really not at all. we suck and we need to think about the future I like this thread.

Manu, Tim and Parker and stay DUH.

Its a wing player or a center we are in search for. Preferably a wing player. Who is a FA this summer?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FreeAgents-09-10

Jace
04-05-2009, 03:12 PM
oooohh my god i cant get over that perfect ass.

I wish I knew her name

jag
04-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Get Duncan new knees.

baseline bum
04-05-2009, 03:16 PM
Even as bad as this team's looking right now, it's still way too early for this thread. :td

EricB
04-05-2009, 03:16 PM
last I checked there was still alot more season,

so bring this back up in june.

EricB
04-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Even as bad as this team's looking right now, it's still way too early for this thread. :td

The team has definately looked bad like this going into the playoffs before.

I'm guessing its all the Spursreport migration people that have joined up that are causing the BS in this thread.