PDA

View Full Version : manu= playing worse??

bigkevrocks31
04-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Do you think we got worse when manu came back?

peskypesky
04-05-2009, 03:42 PM
yes...but that's to be expected...the chemistry is re-adjusted once again and he's rusty

iilluzioN
04-05-2009, 03:43 PM
it may seem like it...

but the issue is with Timmy's knees

kace
04-05-2009, 03:47 PM
yes, we get worse. but i can't see how you could say manu has anything to do about it.

he was either decent or useless but whitout doing anything which could hurt the team since he came back.

Manu was expected to be a bonus for the PO and he still can be.

but he's really not one of our problem compared to the games where he was out.

the real manu would help though, that's for sure.

ducks
04-05-2009, 03:49 PM
well 4 points does not help

if he did not play mason might have scored more
the real manu would help

kace
04-05-2009, 04:01 PM
if he did not play mason might have scored more

he plays because he needs to get back in shape. and manu isn't in the same category as mason. in the big stage, in PO, you'll probably bitch to see him play instead of mason. at least, if you care more about us winning than about manu playing bad.

the real manu would help.

thanks to quote me but my post was just before yours, there's no need.

spurtech09
04-05-2009, 04:38 PM
you can talk about tims knees but the whole team is not in good rhythm....they need there chemistry back....hopefuly the whole team gets something going before the play offs.....

romain.star
04-05-2009, 04:44 PM
age + injuries + pop choices = playing worse

oh and btw: a healthy, back in rythm manu = hope

mytespurs
04-05-2009, 05:11 PM
I thought after Manu came back from the ankle injury, the Spurs seemed to be getting into a rhythm and then when Manu went out w/the stress fracture in the other ankle, the team seemed to go into some kind of funk which is to be expected (and then Timmy's knee tenditinitis made it worse).

crc21209
04-05-2009, 05:20 PM
After todays game Pop should realize a couple of things considering the rotation:

1. Manu starting is fine, but Mason hasnt been as good since he went to the bench. So start Mason, bring Manu off the bench.

2. Bowen should be in the rotation finally....

3. NO more Udoka or Vaughn PERIOD.

4. Gooden and Thomas should be getting more mins. than Bonner.

Nathan Explosion
04-05-2009, 05:26 PM
After todays game Pop should realize a couple of things considering the rotation:

1. Manu starting is fine, but Mason hasnt been as good since he went to the bench. So start Mason, bring Manu off the bench.

2. Bowen should be in the rotation finally....

3. NO more Udoka or Vaughn PERIOD.

4. Gooden and Thomas should be getting more mins. than Bonner.

The way Bonner is playing, Oberto should be getting more minutes. Gooden should be the first big man off the bench with Thomas starting. That's the setup.

If Pop want's to play big, he may put Bonner as the 3. That way he can stay on the perimeter on offense and won't have to worry about being muscled around by a bigger player.

However, the perimeter D will suffer a bit.

You all forgot that more Hill is a good thing defensively.

spurtech09
04-05-2009, 06:07 PM
all we need is to put mason back in the starting line up.....start gooden....manu off the bench

spurtech09
04-05-2009, 06:07 PM
o and bowen gets more playing time

Dawn721
04-05-2009, 11:29 PM
"With Timmy and Tony, we are a good team, but with Manu, we are a champion team," Popo has said. That's all. Spurs hasn't done well lately, but this is due to lots of factors combined, for example, TD's knee, the adjustment of the rotation due to Manu's coming back(Mason) and the need of the time for Manu's getting himself back. So, Manu has to get himself back as soon as possible in the remaining games and most importantly role players must do something what they should do. Since the knee can't recover to 100% this season, TD has to fight for himself, for the team. Thus, regardless of no champion, I am contented.

ducks
04-05-2009, 11:42 PM
if his legs are sore and does not drive and just shots threes and misses since he has no legs
he is hurting the team more then helping therefore hurting the team more

mason atleast would know he would get minutes and hopefully get his confidence back

ElNono
04-05-2009, 11:44 PM
if his legs are sore and does not drive and just shots threes and misses since he has no legs
he is hurting the team more then helping therefore hurting the team more

mason atleast would know he would get minutes and hopefully get his confidence back

I was waiting for this post. :lol
You're just a hater ducks.

ducks
04-05-2009, 11:45 PM
I was waiting for this post. :lol
You're just a hater ducks.

wanting the spurs to spank the cavs and jame is being a hater and winning a tittle

lefty
04-06-2009, 09:21 AM
Ginobili met with doctors after Sunday's game
Manu Ginobili - G - SA - Apr. 6 - 3:07 am et

Manu Ginobili met with doctor's after Sunday's game against the Cavs, because of soreness felt in his previously-injured ankle.
"I was a little sore," Ginobili said. "I played a lot of minutes (Friday) in Indiana, with not much rest in between. I really don't know the reason it was sore. I'll talk to the doctors, and we'll see. I want to see if it's normal or not." The quotes were taken when he was on his way to the doctors, and his four-game week may be in jeopardy. Stay tuned. Apr. 6 - 3:07 am et

Source: San Antonio Express-News

Bukefal
04-06-2009, 09:26 AM
Im afraid he has played too much, too soon. and you are right, when he came back the team worsened. TP took some steps back the first games manu was back and the team balance was changed.

I think he should rest a while and if he plays, I dont want to see him in the starting line-ups.

ducks
04-06-2009, 07:12 PM
I guess we will find out:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang