PDA

View Full Version : Good news for Phoenix fans

Pelicans78
04-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Baseball starts tomorrow and the Diamondbacks appear to have a pretty good team. Webb and Haren are as good 1-2 punch as any in baseball. Young stars like Stephen Drew, Chris Young, Justin Upton appear to help the offense breakout this season. It's a good time to be a Diamondback fan.

JMarkJohns
04-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Baseball starts tomorrow and the Diamondbacks appear to have a pretty good team. Webb and Haren are as good 1-2 punch as any in baseball. Young stars like Stephen Drew, Chris Young, Justin Upton appear to help the offense breakout this season. It's a good time to be a Diamondback fan.

True. They need consistency in their bullpen to truly contend, and losing Juan Cruz really hurt. However, they have some quality young arms and solid veteran experience and Qualls appears to be a good option at closer.

Byrnes and Tracy need to prove healthy, Scherzer and Upton need to develop, Drew, Young and Reynolds need to be consistent and Jackson, Webb, Haren, Garland and Davis need to stay relatively healthy.

Lots of questions, but lots of upside. If they can stay together, I think they are a year away from being legitimate World Series contenders.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Basketball >>> Baseball.

If someone told me moving the diamondbacks to another city meant the Suns won a title, I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.

iggypop123
04-05-2009, 06:43 PM
too bad they for them the Dodgers will win the divison:D

pawe
04-05-2009, 10:14 PM
Baseball sucks! Cant imagine why that sport is so popular when all they do is just stand around and spit. Plus, the players are fat, slow, lazy and overpaid.

Im ready for my pinkage dammit!

The Franchise
04-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Baseball sucks! Cant imagine why that sport is so popular when all they do is just stand around and spit. Plus, the players are fat, slow, lazy and overpaid.

For being honest?

pauls931
04-06-2009, 09:01 AM
Baseball is too slow. But the players are not lazy, fat, and slow, the steroids take care of that.

sonic21
04-06-2009, 09:10 AM
baseball sucks!!

Rogue
04-06-2009, 09:11 AM
an awesome thread but located in the wrong forum... I think spurstalk has got an individual forum for baseball and other sports.

pauls931
04-06-2009, 09:14 AM
The thread is in the right place, it's just a spoof on how bad things are for suns bball that baseball is their fans current hope.

And I just remembered one exciting moment in baseball history. When the big unit hit a pigeon with a fastball during practice. That's it....

JMarkJohns
04-06-2009, 07:56 PM
Basketball >>> Baseball.

If someone told me moving the diamondbacks to another city meant the Suns won a title, I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.

Truth. Still, since this isn't likely to happen in any fashion, might as well enjoy the baseball, no?

sook
04-06-2009, 08:02 PM
I can't stand the Astros or baseball

DUNCANownsKOBE2
04-06-2009, 08:31 PM
might as well enjoy the baseball, no?

Nothing to enjoy.

Matchman
04-06-2009, 09:26 PM

its not popular anywhere in the world except the US (and maybe japan)

BUMP
04-06-2009, 09:48 PM
does anyone else find it ironic that they gave up 8 runs:lol