PDA

View Full Version : Nazr has no post game

ggoose25
03-16-2005, 11:57 PM
Since the Malik trade I've been anxiously watching Nazr and trying to determine what he brings to our team. After the past few games it is obvious that it is not a refined post game.

He has absolutely no post moves that are effective. Anytime he gets the ball down low he either coughs it up or throws up a shot that glances off the backboard without touching the rim.

I dont want to be a hater, but the kid needs to watch duncan in practice and take notes because it is becoming excruciating to watch. The only thing he brings offensively are rebounds and tip-ins because his jumpshot is also extremely ugly.

On a nicer note, I'm happy with his defensive awareness and rebounding ability, and even his passing has been good at times. But I'm getting frustrated with him taking the ball in the low post and it turning into a wasted possession.

I hope he takes time over the summer to slow down and learn some fundamental post footwork and body control.

ducks
03-17-2005, 12:00 AM
see him practice against duncan 7 years I would dare say he would improve that area much better then rose
or playign against dave and duncan should improve your game to
who did nazr have to go against in the knicks practice?

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-17-2005, 12:12 AM
He's not here to be our primary offensive threat in the post, he's here to rebound and play D.

ggoose25
03-17-2005, 12:15 AM
then why does he keep taking it up like hes our primary threat? And why do they keep feeding it to him like he's our bread and butter?

Aggie Hoopsfan
Probably because it's late in the game and Pop's trying to completely feel out what he's got/what needs worked on?

ducks
then why does he keep taking it up like hes our primary threat? And why do they keep feeding it to him like he's our bread and butter?

just maybe the spurs want to see what he can and not do before the playoffs

ggoose25
03-17-2005, 12:25 AM
i hope so because poor Nazr couldnt back down early boykins if his life depended on it

tsb2000
03-17-2005, 12:29 AM
That, and he keeps jumping in the air every time the opposing player makes a pump fake. Memo to Nazr: (1) Kentucky sucks. (2) You're seven feet tall- stop jumping in the air every time another player tries a shot. (3) Kentucky sucks.

...but methinks we've got a new enforcer on the team. Nice payback to Wally for the foul on Beno! :)

duncan2k5
03-17-2005, 12:48 AM
Yea naz sucked. his offensive game is...well...offensive...literally. do you all remember when naz pulled the 'lik? u know what i eam. stuck under the basket with multiple pump fakes (especially when he could have thrown it down!) until he gets blocked multiple times in the same posession. on a side note, did anyone see the lil sly smile on Mass' face when he along with the whole bench erupted when beno got knocked down? LMAO. when i saw it i almost dies with laughter. it seems he loves these kinda moments. first he was mad, but then a second later a lil sly smile crept to his face. lol. oh yea, THAT WAS A GOALTEND KG!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Rummpd
03-17-2005, 06:28 AM
Listen the guy did not average about 12 a game before coming here on a mirage - he had a sort of bad game, first one here.

Relax

Useruser666
03-17-2005, 08:53 AM
Yep he had a terrible 11 minutes! :lol And those 3 times he posted up showed no skill.

BigVee
03-17-2005, 10:35 AM
That, and he keeps jumping in the air every time the opposing player makes a pump fake. Memo to Nazr: (1) Kentucky sucks. (2) You're seven feet tall- stop jumping in the air every time another player tries a shot. (3) Kentucky sucks.

...but methinks we've got a new enforcer on the team. Nice payback to Wally for the foul on Beno! :)

I loved that play on Wally. Good to have someone of size on the team who will knock someone on their ass in the paint. Spurs are sprawled out on the court every game. He may have no moves, may have suspect hands, but if he busts someone in the chops once and awhile, he will be okay with me.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-17-2005, 02:51 PM
Nazr has no post game

What Nazr chooses to do after the game is his business. Unless it involves hotel workers in Colorado.

ducks
03-17-2005, 03:08 PM
lol

T Park
03-17-2005, 03:09 PM
As usual, one bad game, and all over him.

Hes at least taken some heat off of Nesterovic.

Nazr looks like Hakeem in the post compared to Malik Rose.

Dribble dribble, pumpfakepumpfakepumpfake, pause, pumpfake,

A. tunover
b. blocked shot